PDA

View Full Version : Snowday

Terror(NO)More
January 5th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Fuck yea, snowday #1.
Lol, woke up at 5 get ready, about 2 hours later told there was no school. :/

Bhamid
January 5th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Lol, in Scotland the highlands got 35cm+ of snow and about 70% of schools were closed, down here in the south east our masssive snowfalls due tonight. :)

CabooseJr
January 5th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I had one yesterday. I did nothing all day.

blind
January 5th, 2010, 03:36 PM
i have a snowday everyday cuz i dont go to school

Rob Oplawar
January 5th, 2010, 03:43 PM
You're still here?

Hotrod
January 5th, 2010, 06:25 PM
I already had a snowday like...over a month ago. T'was awesome :)

=sw=warlord
January 5th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I had one yesterday. I did nothing all day.
You don't do anything any other day either.

Cojafoji
January 5th, 2010, 06:57 PM
unless snow hits a foot or above, neither my place of employment, nor my college, is closed.

it's fucking gay.

kid908
January 5th, 2010, 07:01 PM
F- you guys. I'm in Fn Texas. It's -5 degrees C and no snow and no snow day.

JPEG
January 5th, 2010, 07:42 PM
california here what is this snow day you speak of?

Amit
January 5th, 2010, 07:54 PM
We could have two feet of snow hit our area and I still wouldn't have a snow day. In the past 14 years that my school has been open, there has never been a single snow day.

Rob Oplawar
January 5th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Once when I was going to a middle school in the mountains at around 8000 feet above sea level, it dumped two feet overnight and kept snowing heavily into the day. Everybody assumed it was a snow day, but no such luck, the county stubbornly refused to let any schools close. So I took the bus to school, and was one of the lucky few who actually made it to school. About 2/3rds of the students who took the bus got stranded out on the roads as the busses got stuck- one actually "crashed" by going off the road into a field, but nobody was hurt. Those of us at the school were stuck there, and we watched in horror as the snow piled up past the windows on the first floor. Snowed in at school. Fucking fuck. We weren't dug out until about 8:00 that night.

I'm going to say this one more time:
FUCK YOU, JEFFERSON COUNTY.

legionaire45
January 5th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Here. (http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Rochester&state=NY&site=BUF&textField1=43.1687&textField2=-77.6158)

Needles
January 5th, 2010, 08:46 PM
It's 30-40 degrees in Florida and we don't even get snow, just a shit-ton of windchill that stings your face :saddowns:

Kalub
January 5th, 2010, 08:48 PM
So it was pretty warm today, I think it got up to 30degrees... pretty sweet.

Varmint260
January 6th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Haven't yet had snow here this season. First year I have a 4x4 and I'm just itching to take it for a spin in the snow, and there ain't no fucking snow. We'll probably have a dump of snow around Spring Break if tradition holds.

Only ever had one snow day in my thirteen years of public school (that's Kindergarten and twelve grades after, foo'! I know how to count!). Grade eleven. November, I think. Enough snow to create 6 foot drifts on the sidewalks. Cars couldn't get up Park Drive to the school. They closed it. Next day? Still had six foot drifts on the sidewalks and the roads were still difficult to find. Was school still closed? FUCK NO!

First year of college down in Campbell River. Four inches of snow on the road. They closed my campus. That snow was powdery enough that my damn Astro Van made it. Half the guys in the class had pickup trucks with lift kits and big offroad tires. Of course, they were too busy doing donuts and spins and fun stuff like that with their 4x4s out in the snow.

Now I have a 4x4 and there isn't any snow.