PDA

View Full Version : Borderlands

Heathen
January 12th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Borderlands (http://store.steampowered.com/app/8980/)

Great game, great gameplay, decent story.

The Pro's: 17,750,000 Guns
Challenging and has a pretty long story
Replayability
fun with friends

The Con's: Replayability is limited
(these next CAN BE CONSIDERED spoilers)

Poor Character Development (only character backstories are in the book)
Many loose ends at the ending
Terribly disappointing final boss

Anyone else play this yet?

gDSRdp6Ar3M

DEElekgolo
January 12th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I was about to bump the old topic after I just got all the DLCs.

Timo
January 12th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Played it, clocked it, won't play it again. There's no replay value, hardly a story and the final boss fight is just, well, wow.

DEElekgolo
January 12th, 2010, 07:41 PM
about the boss:
it is a giant vagina with clitoris tentacles.

Ganon
January 12th, 2010, 07:50 PM
game is fucking horrid tbh

Limited
January 12th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Lol, the whole "17,750,000 Guns" is an exaggeration by the way, if you look at it technically.

Warsaw
January 12th, 2010, 08:11 PM
There are about four to six models for each weapon category, and the rest is just paint schemes and attachments (bayonets, magazines, and scopes), which have about two or three models in their own right.

Personally, I much preferred the pre-Cel Borderlands. In there, you could build your weapons, the story was much more serious, and they had mentioned more character development. Also, your team mates would be with you even when playing alone.

Having said all that, it is still really fun to play with friends.

Heathen
January 12th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Actually, the 17 million thing is true, but its including every single little variation.

The story was a little disappointing, but I hope more gets covered in DLC's.

The boss was weak, but I am looking forward to my second playthroughs and stuff.

And yeah, Precel sounds better but I still like this one.

rossmum
January 13th, 2010, 12:27 AM
fuck you haters i enjoyed this game

it had its bad points, but it was a nice break from the constant slur of brown, grey, khaki, and brown some more games which are literally all the same as each other

also serious games can eat dick. we need some light-heartedness in these dire days of ABSOLUTE FUCKING MONOTONY in games

Timo
January 13th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Oh, it was definitely fun. I loved those little robots :3 It started getting boring once all missions I had access to were 'trivial' because I was leveling too fast.

rossmum
January 13th, 2010, 12:57 AM
hurt claptraps make literally the most misery-inducing sound in the world :smith:

Varmint260
January 13th, 2010, 01:01 AM
The game was definitely fun. Lots of references to other shows and games that I like (and I like references to things I like)... the only thing that really bothers me is the lack of a proper loot sharing system. Works fine if you're playing with friends but if you're playing with strangers it becomes a grab'n'dash fest. I wasn't expecting much in the way of storyline and thus wasn't really disappointed.

An ability to build the guns would definitely have been welcome, for sure.

Heathen
January 13th, 2010, 01:43 AM
fuck you haters i enjoyed this game

it had its bad points, but it was a nice break from the constant slur of brown, grey, khaki, and brown some more games which are literally all the same as each other

also serious games can eat dick. we need some light-heartedness in these dire days of ABSOLUTE FUCKING MONOTONY in games

Amen.

Oh, it was definitely fun. I loved those little robots :3 It started getting boring once all missions I had access to were 'trivial' because I was leveling too fast.

But I got soooo tired of hearing "Ooh, check me out- I'm dancing. I'm Dancing!"

or
Unn Tiss Unn Tiss Unn Tiss Unn Tiss Unn Tiss Oh, I think I lost the beat Unn Tiss Unn Tiss Unn Tiss Unn Tiss

teh lag
January 13th, 2010, 05:31 AM
heathen please stop making threads in ot that have to be moved to tech talk

thank you

Heathen
January 13th, 2010, 03:20 PM
heathen please stop making threads in ot that have to be moved to tech talk

thank you

tech talk includes games?

I was not aware. I will now add that to my list of things I know.

Thank you.

teh lag
January 13th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Talk
Games, gadgets, tech support, cool devices - put all your tech-related discussion in here.

It's the first one on the list you goof

neuro
January 13th, 2010, 04:59 PM
have to say, had a GREAT tie playing trough this the first time, with selentic, but honestly, when i played trough it once, i couldnt be bothered to do it again.

i can imagine it'll be fun if you play it again with FRIENDS.. but there's just the thing about that...

YOU NEED FRIENDS!
(preferredly in a similar timezone, which is where i go bust)

Warsaw
January 13th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I have a full crew. :realsmug:

DEElekgolo
January 13th, 2010, 05:53 PM
DEEhunter1
Add me.

SnaFuBAR
January 13th, 2010, 10:03 PM
my only complaint was the lack of being able to customize yourself. you have to either get lucky or farm for a gun you want.

Nero
January 13th, 2010, 10:14 PM
My friend keeps bothering me to play it. I dunno.
Not no for that kind of graphics. heh.

rossmum
January 14th, 2010, 01:01 AM
my only complaint was the lack of being able to customize yourself. you have to either get lucky or farm for a gun you want.
actually it took like two days for a weapon generation app to come out. that said, you still don't have total control over the output; each attribute will somehow affect every other. you can generally get something at least close to your intended hand-cannon, though.

Heathen
January 14th, 2010, 01:12 AM
Unless you play on 360 of course.

It only works for PC and PS3.

I play it on 360 and PC.