PDA

View Full Version : Video game titles you're looking foward to this year?

SonicXtreme
January 15th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Well,it should be plain obvious to people now its 2010 already. And another year brings another heap load of games, assuming everyones made their lists of games they are looking foward to getting this year, list them and the reasons why.

Bayonetta: Played the Demo , was fun , got it already and completed it all , going back through it on hard now got most of the achivements.

Army of two 40th day : Played the first game and demo for the 2nd, loved it , got the 40th day and completed it on contract mode first run on it , got most of the achivements in one day.

AVP : If its anything like the old AVP which it looks like it is , then hopefully Sega wont dissapoint cause i loved AVP 1 and 2 for PC

Halo Reach : Who is a Halo fan and isnt looking foward to this?

Final Fantasy 13 : Looks pretty and its not a Sony exclusive anymore , plus chocobos :3

Thats all i can think off the top of my head atm , its like 5am here T_T too much playing 40th day MP for me , its so good :neckbeard:

Jean-Luc
January 15th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Mass Effect 2: First one was fucking amazing, second sounds and looks even better! Plus Thane.

Final Fantasy 13: Always a fan of the series, this one looks interesting as well.

Splinter Cell Conviction: Been way too long since I've played an espionage-shooter. Oh, and Michael Ironside is awesome.

Alan Wake: Looks like it has a lot of potential

Battlefield Bad Company 2: Hopefully will be a return to form and feel more like Battlefield 2.

Dead Space 2: Fuckin A, loved the first one.

Fallout New Vegas: Fallout 3 was awesome, this one will be too

Just Cause 2: 6400 square miles to fuck around in? I'm sold.

That's all I can think of for now.

annihilation
January 15th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Army of Two: The 40th Day
I like the first one a lot.
I played the demo awhile ago and loved it and I can't wait to get it.

Halo: Reach
It's part of Halo. I gotta have it.

Gears of War 3
I'm a huge fan of Gears of War and can't wait to see what Gears 3 will have in store.

Bioshock 2
Playing as a Big Daddy, more plasmids and multiplayer. What's not to want?

flibitijibibo
January 15th, 2010, 11:31 PM
BioShock 2 (If I had money to spend, I'd be grabbin' the vinyl edition.) Not anymore. Fucking SecuROM.
Assassin's Creed 2 (Shut up, I's a PC gamer.) Did a bit of researchan. Demoted to "wait for sale" game.
Mario Galaxy 2 (Loved the first one, no way they can fuck this up.)
Metroid: Other M (Still a bit concerned about Team Ninja's part, but who knows.)

Jean-Luc
January 15th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Gears of War 3
I'm a huge fan of Gears of War and can't wait to see what Gears 3 will have in store.
Hate to burst your bubble but that's at LEAST three years out. EPIC Games said Gears 3 will be on the next generation of consoles :saddowns:

Pooky
January 15th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Pretty much just Mass Effect 2. I'll probably be trading in my MW2 to help pay for it.

Ganon
January 15th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Starcraft 2
Left 4 Dead 3
Half Life 2: Episode 3
new LoZ

annihilation
January 15th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Hate to burst your bubble but that's at LEAST three years out. EPIC Games said Gears 3 will be on the next generation of consoles :saddowns:

:saddowns:

Damn, that sucks. I could have sworn that I read somewhere that Gears 3 will come out november.

Varmint260
January 16th, 2010, 12:02 AM
There are a few games I'm excited about that are up-and-coming. Most have been iterated already in this thread, I see...

Mass Effect 2 : I recently completed the first one and finding out that I've only started in a trilogy that seems to be built on awesome... well, I'm very excited to continue in it. I'll be down island a couple days after release so hopefully I can snag it.

Army of Two: The 40th Day : I played through and enjoyed the first one a fair bit (once with AI, twice with friends) and I firmly believe that console shooters need more co-op.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 : Played through and enjoyed the first; and I enjoyed the beta for BC2.

Just Cause 2 : I still have yet to complete the first Just Cause but most of what I've played in it, I've liked. My only gripe is the rather unrealistic-but-not-in-a-fun-way driving physics it had. The only enjoyable part of driving cars was roof surfing and parachutes, though that definitely made up for it. If Just Cause 2's vehicle physics are massively updated in addition to roof surfing and parachuting... *faints*

Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty : I'm not a huge RTS gamer by any means, but Starcraft II is something I have to at least look into. If it turns out to be even half as good as Starcraft was... well, we'll have to wait and see.

Gran Turismo 5 : 5 or so years in the making, I know... but everything I've seen points to a great racing game on the horizon that I'd be a fool to miss out on. Automatically starting with some of the cars I've already acquired in GT PSP helps, too.

Duke Nukem Forever : Wait, who am I kidding?

Cojafoji
January 16th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Supreme Commander 2: Lots of new upgrades, and a different playing style. Resources are set up differently, and veteran units increase in not only fire power, but survivability. Say you build a tank at the beginning of the game: the longer it survives, and the more battles it's involved in make it stronger, faster, smarter etc.

It may be the epitome of a perfect RTS. Side by side with TA Mutation, and Sup Com 1.

I literally just got a boner thinking about it...

edit: also starcraft 2. but i'm not holding my breath...

rossmum
January 16th, 2010, 12:35 AM
storm of war: battle of britain
hl2 ep 3

hahahaha oh man, i'm so funny

:smith:

Phopojijo
January 16th, 2010, 12:59 AM
Anyone looking forward to Command and Conquer 4?

Rook
January 16th, 2010, 01:09 AM
Anyone looking forward to Command and Conquer 4?

hmm (http://www.modacity.net/forums/member.php?u=3746)

neuro
January 16th, 2010, 04:04 AM
final fantasy 13, and diablo3 (OH WAIT!>_<)

Pyong Kawaguchi
January 16th, 2010, 04:16 AM
Mass Effect 2
Bioshock 2
Bad Company 2
Assassins Creed 2 (PC version, hopefully with exclusive stuff)
Halo Reach
(Holy shit, sequels)

Bodzilla
January 16th, 2010, 06:50 AM
i just got round to play M.E. (i'm cheap and i waited till it was on sale on steam for like 5 bucks and i'll be fucking damed if i buy it any other way and get securom fucking bullshit fagget cuntshitwhore shit on my PC)

they said there was another in development at one stage and i sure hope thats the case.
it was fuckwin.
no complaints, loved every minute of it.

sdavis117
January 16th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Made a New Years resolution to play every big release title that comes out this year. Played Bayonetta and Darksiders already, and gonna play Army of Two 40th day sometime this weekend, but as for the games I am actually looking forward to:

Bioshock 2
Halo Reach
SupCom 2
Starcraft 2

Cortexian
January 16th, 2010, 06:56 AM
StarCraft 2
Mass Effect 2
Supreme Commander 2
Assassins Creed 2
Halo Reach

In order of looking forward to the most.

Rook
January 16th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Oh, and to answer this thread: not looking forward to anything.

Guess I'm too much of a casual!!!!

CrAsHOvErRide
January 16th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Oh, and to answer this thread: not looking forward to anything.

Guess I'm too much of a casual!!!!
Me neither :-3

Kornman00
January 16th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Gran Turismo 5 : 5 or so years in the making, I know... but everything I've seen points to a great racing game on the horizon that I'd be a fool to miss out on. Automatically starting with some of the cars I've already acquired in GT PSP helps, too.

FYI, the release was put on hiatus the other day

Splinter Cell: Conviction (reading the book that goes with it right now)

Just Cause 2

Crackdown 2 (I think it's this year)

Supposedly the next GTA will be this year too.

of course, Halo: Reach

Limited
January 16th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Obviously the usuals (Halo Reach blah blah), but one no one has mentioned yet.

Heavy Rain
I've already played bits of it, its literally like playing a movie, you get to make choices throughout, the level I played you were the old guy and you were in a supermarket place, a guy in a black balaclava walks in and pulls a guy on the clerk. You hide behind a magazine rack and had a few options, just watch and see what happens, try and attack the gunner, talk to the gunner.

The visuals are superb, my god its incredible. The storyline is the key of the game, you make 'immoral' decisions and bad things will happen, its definitely a new style of gaming. It has the potential of being a massive hit, or a huge flop.

Its just interesting really.

Kornman00
January 16th, 2010, 07:58 AM
The storyline is the key of the game, you make 'immoral' decisions and bad things will happen, its definitely a new style of gaming.
Go play Star Wars: KoTOR or, from what I understand, Dues Ex (plus many other games)

Not all that new

ejburke
January 16th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age - Awakening, Splinter Cell: Conviction, God of War III, Halo: Reach, Alpha Protocol. Maybe Dante's Inferno, Bioshock 2, Crackdown 2, and/or RUSE.

Hotrod
January 16th, 2010, 09:34 AM
In no particular order :

Halo Reach

Supreme Commander 2

StarCraft 2

Transformers : War For CybertronStar Trek Online (though chances are I'm not gonna get it)

Limited
January 16th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Go play Star Wars: KoTOR or, from what I understand, Dues Ex (plus many other games)

Not all that new
Not really, the game is literally like a massive cutscene. Its the way the interactions between storylines is a new concept. It uses context sensitive actions like choosing to walk up to a car a drive in (the scrapyard scene) or picking up objects. Along with, yes :( quick time events.

That connection between player and character and the actions and consequences is the heart of the game. I dont think it will be an amazing game, but it will be very interesting and intriguing.

Trailer for those who havent seen it yet.

JKPPdgBK3r8

I managed to find video of a level I played.
BJ_A2Tpz2UM

Lateksi
January 16th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Reach and BF3 I guess... And Red Dead Redemption!

Higuy
January 16th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Final Fantasy 13

Halo : Reach

and hopefully they'll show crysis 2 and maybe something on gears 3, but I guess well have to wait and see..

Kornman00
January 16th, 2010, 10:38 AM
And Red Dead Redemption!
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/12/sources-red-dead-redemption-development-in-trouble/

TeeKup
January 16th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Mass Effect 2

Army of Two: The 40th Day

Dead Space 2

BioShock 2

Saggy
January 16th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Dead Rising 2
Serious Sam 3 (maybe?) (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/20/serious-sam-3-seriously-planned-for-2010-release/)
Heavy Rain
MAG

That's about it... I think.

ejburke
January 16th, 2010, 01:44 PM
I'm surprised at all the mentions of Army of Two. Did you know that internally, the game was referred to as, "Two Fucking Douchebags", hence, "The Fortieth Day" (TFD)?

Nero
January 16th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Star Trek online -Already pre-ordered, and its going to be epic :3
Mass Effect 2 - Epic.

Cagerrin
January 16th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Just Mass Effect 2, so far. Would be excited for Reach but probable lack of Forerunner stuff+console-only=just don't care anymore.

Kornman00
January 16th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I'm surprised at all the mentions of Army of Two. Did you know that internally, the game was referred to as, "Two Fucking Douchebags", hence, "The Fortieth Day" (TFD)?
I think that was brought on by a forumer, not internally http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/05/ea-site-hints-at-army-of-two-sequel-army-of-two-tfd/

Varmint260
January 16th, 2010, 05:01 PM
FYI, the release was put on hiatus the other day

'Tis true. Then again, anyone following the game would have or should have expected another delay. It'll be out eventually; I'm still hoping for 2010.

ejburke
January 16th, 2010, 06:16 PM
I think that was brought on by a forumer, not internally http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/05/ea-site-hints-at-army-of-two-sequel-army-of-two-tfd/I think the internet just reverse-engineered 2 and 2. The story I heard was that the development team took criticisms of the first game to heart and scrawled "Two Fucking Douchebags" -- a distillation of the criticism -- in huge letters on a white board, never to be erased until the second game was shipped. This led to "TFD" being the subtitle, which became The Fortieth Day when they had to make it stand for some innocuous-sounding bullshit.

At least that's what I heard. On a podcast.

Anyway, people interested in the game should wait two weeks and see if anyone is still talking about it by then. Somehow, I doubt it.

sdavis117
January 16th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Played it, and the controls were clunky, and the game wasn't really that fun.

Saggy
January 16th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Forgot to add Metro 2033 to my list. From what I've heard and seen, it looks to be like a Fallout 3 style game set in Russia. Hands-on articles state that the game also has an immerse story, similar to Half-Life 2.

Fallout 3 + Half-Life 2 = Awesome in my books.

Fake E: oh, just learned it's based on a book.

u6qzEHXK27E

PYFVj6shjkc

ODX
January 16th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Legend of Zelda: ????
Fucking loved Twilight Princess, I'm really looking forward to them showing the Wii's potential graphic-wise as well. Only thing that might turn me down would be Wii controls only.
Super Mario Galaxy 2:
Well, I'll admit, I don't exactly like how they're having a Galaxy 2. The first one was fucking amazing, greatest game ever because it wasn't a fucking monotonous shooter like every other game on the market, but it just seems right to me to only have a new Mario adventure for every console, instead of two on the same one, with the same kind of central gameplay (Gravity).

Meh, I'm sure they'll still do an amazing job on the game.

Bhamid
January 17th, 2010, 09:35 AM
RAGE
Bioshock 2
Mass Effect 2
Gran Turismo 5
Blur
MAG
Diablo 3