PDA

View Full Version : So it's really fucking rainy.

EX12693
January 21st, 2010, 09:13 PM
Well, I am bored out of my mind. It is raining so much that my back yard is in about a 1/2 inch of water. The storm arrived last Sunday and isnt supposed to stop till Saturday. Just look at the weather map for the western US. I live in Los Angeles. It NEVER rains like this here. At most it's a light sprinkle for a few days. But WTF at this bipolar weather. I'll take some pics and make a vid after school tomorrow.

Inferno
January 21st, 2010, 09:15 PM
It's raining?

Make a thread about it.

EX12693
January 21st, 2010, 09:21 PM
What else is there to do? I'm stuck inside.

Huero
January 21st, 2010, 09:23 PM
you could post in other topics

Horns
January 21st, 2010, 09:24 PM
You could find another forum to spare modacity the pain.

EX12693
January 21st, 2010, 09:25 PM
@ Horns Do not trole.

@ Huero Why don't you do that. Not like you couldn't have just ignored this one.

Ganon
January 21st, 2010, 09:37 PM
masterbate

EX12693
January 21st, 2010, 09:39 PM
Did that already. Good suggestion though. How soon can you get here?

SnaFuBAR
January 21st, 2010, 09:39 PM
just a half inch of water? bro my entire yard was flooded with 4+ inches, my street was entirely submerged.

also, PCH was flooded, so I know my old neighborhood had at least a foot of standing water because it has shitty drainage. The last time it rained this hard and i was living in the other city, the only vehicles that were going anywhere were suv's, trucks and jeeps.

Abdurahman
January 21st, 2010, 09:56 PM
Aw I love the rain, and thunder and lightning. I wish It rained more often here in Los Angeles.

Heathen
January 21st, 2010, 10:26 PM
You could find another forum to spare modacity the pain.

http://nuclearcoffee.tk/ :realsmug:

ultama121
January 21st, 2010, 10:29 PM
I'm feeling the rain too over in San Fernando, Snaf. Fuckin' rainyyyyyyyyyy.

legionaire45
January 21st, 2010, 10:36 PM
Cool, so I left the state right before it begins to sink into the Pacific

ultama121
January 21st, 2010, 10:51 PM
California is going to become its own island. :haw:

Rook
January 21st, 2010, 10:54 PM
*checks outside*

Yeah it's a pond out there

SnaFuBAR
January 21st, 2010, 10:55 PM
So anyone else hear about the two tornados in the harbor? heh, i was going to dock my boat there, thank god i didn't.

also, fun, first lighting strike of the night and some street lamps went out.

EX12693
January 21st, 2010, 11:11 PM
Yeah. Oh when i was saying 1/2 an inch that was about... i dunno. Tuesday? Went out and checked just now. Holy crap wtf happened my backyard is a bowl of mud.

Also, who was the brilliant guy that put those leaf catchers covering the stormdrains? They did their job. They caught all the leaves, but now they are clogged. Now I can take my canoe up and down the gutters of my street. I also live in the Sepulveda Basin. Right smack in the middle of the San Fernando valley; the bottom of a giant spoon. Now, there's a flood control dam not too far from my house. It was designed to catch the LA river floodwaters from up north. But God damn, I've never seen it rain this much, this hard, and this quickly. They had the streets going through the very lowest part of the basin closed by Monday night. I rode my bike there Wednesday, and the place was under like, 2 feet of water. I'll take some pics after school tomorrow.

Oh yea I did hear of the tornadoes in the bay. I don't live down there though. Much farther north.

E: Forgot about the lightning! Damn it was loud near my house. At every strike I thought a tree was about to fall on my house. Damn loud noises. I hate them.

annihilation
January 21st, 2010, 11:28 PM
just a half inch of water? bro my entire yard was flooded with 4+ inches, my street was entirely submerged.

I should post pics of my backyard.
The whole thing looks like a rice field.

BobtheGreatII
January 21st, 2010, 11:30 PM
masterbate Masturbate :eng101:

Take spelling lessons. :downs:

Needles
January 21st, 2010, 11:46 PM
I should post pics of my backyard.
The whole thing looks like a rice field.

At least your not in florida.
You get nasty raccoons and mosquitoes living in it =/

annihilation
January 21st, 2010, 11:58 PM
At least your not in florida.
You get nasty raccoons and mosquitoes living in it =/

Raccoons living in water?
:raise:

ICEE
January 22nd, 2010, 12:04 AM
haha. I moved to northern california the day before this massive storm raped southern cali. I avoided it. Enjoy

annihilation
January 22nd, 2010, 12:11 AM
haha. I moved to northern california the day before this massive storm raped southern cali. I avoided it. Enjoy

But now the storm is in northern cali. I think the worst of it has passed already.

E: I forgot to mention that a bunch of frogs come out after it rains.
Tons of frogs which I think is wierd being in the middle of the city and all.

blind
January 22nd, 2010, 12:48 AM
cool story bro

ultama121
January 22nd, 2010, 12:52 AM
You're gonna get yours ICEE.

You're gonna get yours.

EX12693
January 22nd, 2010, 01:28 AM
Lol frogs?

Anyways the rain was blowing sideways a bit earlier. We have an open carport in our backyard where my dad keeps one of his old cars, and an old tractor. They are both gonna get screwed with rust. :saddowns:

rossmum
January 22nd, 2010, 01:34 AM
are you for real?

unless they have no paint or other protective surfaces on them, they'll be fine. see, if things rusted because a pretty fucking minor amount of rain fell on them, people where i live would be going through cars at the rate of one a week.

learn some basic chemistry before getting all worked up about things rusting because they got touched by freshwater rain.

EX12693
January 22nd, 2010, 01:44 AM
Lol not every surface is painted you know. Especially on all cast iron/steel parts. (inside the fenderwells? underneath runningboards? Hell even all the chips and scratches?) Also, just plain exposure to oxygen will rust metal. Moisture accelerates the process, and salt even more so. Now of course the car won't really sustain any damage, but the paint does have some chips in it (original paint) and cleaning rust is a bitch to do. I'm screwed. I'll be spending all of Sunday probably cleaning all the splashed mud/rust off the car. Unless you want to do it for me, rosssmum. Maybe you should learn where the hell cars are actually painted before you go raging.

rossmum
January 22nd, 2010, 01:47 AM
jesus christ you're a retard

it rains practically monsoonally in australia and unless you literally never ever wash and dry your car and you live by the sea or on salt flats or some other such thing, a week of rain isn't going to suddenly destroy your car, painted or not. i know this because i have extensive experience with cars being left out in massive shitstorms and then left to air-dry, and their paint jobs weren't perfect either. unless you're worried about even the tiniest rust spots (and even those take a while to show up), you're making a huge fucking drama out of nothing.

and thanks for the misguided attempt at explaining rust to me like i'm a two-year-old, but it's not needed. i did actually do fairly advanced chemistry at school.

e/ hahah nice ninja edit there, too bad for you i've probably worked on more cars than you ever will in my lifetime and have quite a good understanding of how this shit works. my car was made in 1990. we bought it used in '94. after three years in the uk, during which time we travelled cross-channel on an almost fortnightly basis, we moved to australia and brought the car with us. we have lived in australia, right on the coast, for 13 years. the car has been constantly drenched with torrential rain, chipped and scratched by fuckhead teens and bad drivers, and soaked with salt spray. there are some rust spots in areas where the trim has come loose, but on the whole it isn't in too bad a shape. until about five years ago, it was parked outside in the street and was not covered or sheltered.

if it takes 20 years for it to get to that point, one week in the rain is hardly going to cause problems.

e/ before the spectacular arrival of your next desperate attempt to make me out as some kind of idiot, i should also note that i doubt anyone on this forum really cares if you spend all sunday doing it. fuck, you could spend all your life doing it for all i care. having to spend an hour, maybe two doing some washing and (at most) very minor de-rusting is hardly 'screwed'.

basically, national service should be reinstated because holy fuck you kids would get some perspective fixes. you have to spend sunday doing completely non-intensive maintenance? boo fucking hoo. i had to go for a week and a half without a change of clothes, with only two brief (less than five minute) showers, and for four weeks without tv, internet, radio, decent toilet paper, or any of the shit you take for granted, let alone a method of transport that wasn't attached to my legs and enclosed by boots (the same pair for four weeks).

EX12693
January 22nd, 2010, 02:12 AM
a week of rain isn't going to suddenly destroy your car, painted or not.I said this.
I don't care about your chemistry experience, and I pretty much explained my full extent of my knowledge of rust. I only stated that 'the car is going to get screwed with rust' (implied if I didn't do anything about it). Why, just a few weeks ago, we replaced intake manifold because of a hole. Caused by rust. Underneath the paint. Now, since YOU are the one making the drama out of this, not me, I suggest that you ragequit. It would make us both happier.

rossmum
January 22nd, 2010, 02:14 AM
you suggest i do what?

wow, we are a bit full of ourselves here, aren't we? you think i'm actually mad? don't be giving yourself too much credit there, kiddo.

EX12693
January 22nd, 2010, 02:23 AM
Meh. You started off seeming mad. That has subsided, but I didn't see it. Now if you would stop pointlessly lengthening up this thread I would appreciate it.

rossmum
January 22nd, 2010, 02:31 AM
i am never mad. i am merely thirsting for the blood of shitposters.

also, i don't see how it's pointless. you made incorrect assumptions, i corrected you. you know i'd hate for you to continue on being mistaken. if i truly wanted to be petty at this point i'd start with the "I CAN POST WHEREVER I WANT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM" but you're all too familiar with that already, so i won't post it alone just for the sake of illustrating your hypocrisy.

EX12693
January 22nd, 2010, 02:45 AM
You cannot assume my situation, for you are not in my situation.

you know i'd hate for you to continue on being mistaken.I do not know that, because I do not know you.

if i truly wanted to be petty at this point i'd start with the "I CAN POST WHEREVER I WANT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM" but you're all too familiar with that already, so i won't post it alone just for the sake of illustrating your hypocrisy.You did just start there, and you did do it just for the sake of illustrating my hypocrisy. (but if you didn't, then what is your reason?)

rossmum
January 22nd, 2010, 02:47 AM
my post was badly worded; i meant that i would post for the sole purpose of doing so, rather than append it to a post made for another reason.

your own situation is irrelevant in this regard.

Good_Apollo
January 22nd, 2010, 02:49 AM
Went down to DP harbor a few hours ago, waves were sickkk. Wind was strong enough that if you leaned back just a bit the wind alone supported your weight.

My gf's boat got fucked though.

EX12693
January 22nd, 2010, 02:51 AM
Yes, it is irrelevant. I never said it was relevant in the first place. Just another random happening in my life.

Horns
January 22nd, 2010, 07:02 AM
Lol frogs?

Anyways the rain was blowing sideways a bit earlier. We have an open carport in our backyard where my dad keeps one of his old cars, and an old tractor. They are both gonna get screwed with rust. :saddowns:

heh

EX12693
January 22nd, 2010, 12:04 PM
Why is that funny? We have a garage in out front yard, and a carport in out backyard. It's basically a garage without walls. Just a roof.

Limited
January 22nd, 2010, 12:12 PM
Big whop? It rains like fuck here in UK. ITs been constantly raining here all day. Is it a big deal? Nope! it rains like 120 days a year here, the other generals are generally shitty and cloudy, only a few are actual sun.

That reminds me I need an umbrella, I got absolutely soaked walking to Uni earlier.

EX12693
January 22nd, 2010, 12:14 PM
Well it's not common for it to rain like this here.

=sw=warlord
January 22nd, 2010, 12:14 PM
You haven't seen rain untill you've been to wales, everytime i've gone to wales, summer or winter it's rained and i don't mean petty rain i mean fucking bucketed it down.

rossmum
January 22nd, 2010, 12:17 PM
that's wales for you.

of course the ultimate irony is that an area where there's so much rain is also so rich in slate, mines everywhere. wonder if they ever got flooded...

blind
January 22nd, 2010, 12:26 PM
wahhh uncharacteristic rain is making me worry about my daddys old car

Huero
January 22nd, 2010, 12:54 PM
actually for reals
what I do when it rains really hard?
I watch it, listen to it, etc.
shit like that is a blessing to me.
(it also makes for amazing sleep background noise)

Limited
January 22nd, 2010, 12:55 PM
I love hearing rain patter against my window pane at night. Just sucks it makes it freezing cold lol.

=sw=warlord
January 22nd, 2010, 01:02 PM
that's wales for you.

of course the ultimate irony is that an area where there's so much rain is also so rich in slate, mines everywhere. wonder if they ever got flooded...
It's pretty regular for the mines to get flooded, i remember hearing the news last summer when it poured they had to get the fire services out to pump the water.

Abdurahman
January 22nd, 2010, 01:53 PM
ITS FUCKING HAILING HERE IN WEST LA. LIKE A LOT OF HAIL!!! OMFG IT's SO LOUD!!! ALARMS GOING OFF!!! WOW!!!

rossmum
January 22nd, 2010, 02:33 PM
It's pretty regular for the mines to get flooded, i remember hearing the news last summer when it poured they had to get the fire services out to pump the water.
do they still have those awesome little double-ended steam engines? i fucking loved those as a kid

also the slate mine tours were a bit awesome

Horns
January 22nd, 2010, 03:10 PM
Why is that funny? We have a garage in out front yard, and a carport in out backyard. It's basically a garage without walls. Just a roof.

I know. We have many carports. I'm laughing at the fact that you're complaining about vehicles being exposed to the weather in an open environment.

JPEG
January 22nd, 2010, 07:21 PM

:(

SnaFuBAR
January 22nd, 2010, 07:28 PM
loving the rain. though i don't want to jump on the 110 to pasadena and get these sketch pens i need (the only location i know of that carries the damn thing). Someone always wipes out on the 110 when it rains. Seen it many times.

cheezdue
January 22nd, 2010, 08:48 PM
I love the rain, for some reason it always finds a way to relax me.

English Mobster
January 22nd, 2010, 10:54 PM
Girlfriend: Hey, wanna ride?
Me (complaining about having to walk the 1 1/2 miles home with very few sidewalks while buckets are coming down on my head): Sure!
*Girlfriend gets in car*
Girlfriend: Too bad.
*Girlfriend drives off*
*I get soaked to the point where every book in my backpack is unusable and the water gets into my phone to the point where it doesn't work*

ExAm
January 23rd, 2010, 12:45 AM
Jay, you'd better not be feeding us another sob story. If that's true, dump the bitch, 'cause that's cold.

Warsaw
January 23rd, 2010, 01:30 AM
^IAWTP

I'd actually slap her and then dump her for theatric's sake.

SnaFuBAR
January 23rd, 2010, 01:32 AM
bettin she's mad about about something, justice is served? :-3

ExAm
January 23rd, 2010, 03:11 AM
Maybe he gave her a sob story about how the forum he likes died.

Huero
January 23rd, 2010, 12:10 PM
Me (complaining about having to walk the 1 1/2 miles home with very few sidewalks while buckets are coming down on my head): Sure!
*Girlfriend gets in car*
*Girlfriend drives off*
*I get soaked to the point where every book in my backpack is unusable and the water gets into my phone to the point where it doesn't work*

that's what you get for using an open-top purse in the rain

Inferno
January 23rd, 2010, 12:28 PM
*Girlfriend gets in car*
*Girlfriend drives off*

If it's that bad don't go to school.

ICEE
January 23rd, 2010, 02:39 PM
*Girlfriend gets in car*
*Girlfriend drives off*

She's probably just mad because you wore her clothes and put pictures of yourself in said clothes on the internet.

EX12693
January 23rd, 2010, 03:26 PM
*Loving living 1/5 mile from school*
None of you guys have umbrellas?

DrunkenSamus
January 25th, 2010, 07:11 PM
If theres a tornado in Orange County, you KNOW global warming is happening.

EX12693
January 25th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Tornadoes usually happen in storms, which are in no way warm. And what? Almost the entire northern hemisphere has has inclement (cold) weather within the last 3 months? And notice how they're not calling it 'global warming' anymore, it's now 'climate change'.

cheezdue
January 25th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Ever since the movie "Twister" came out I've been terrified of tornadoes.

Huero
January 26th, 2010, 01:48 AM
Tornadoes usually happen in storms, which are in no way warm. And what? Almost the entire northern hemisphere has has inclement (cold) weather within the last 3 months? And notice how they're not calling it 'global warming' anymore, it's now 'climate change'.

i'll bet you're one of those crazy kids that defamed it from the beginning aren't you
heh

Good_Apollo
January 26th, 2010, 02:22 AM
If theres a tornado in Orange County, you KNOW global warming is happening.
It's a water spout, and they've been spotted off the COAST of Califronia all the time when we have heavy storms...which isn't all THAT often anyway.

People are making it out to be like we're gonna have a full blown tornado blowing through LA and that's not the case.