PDA

View Full Version : USB Ports and Sound Issue

Saggy
February 7th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Ok, I've got an annoying recurrence going on with my computer. I start up my computer and everything works fine. Leave it on for a few hours and ALL my USB ports will kick out and I'll have no sound (under "Sound" in Control Panel it says "No Audio Devices").

The weird thing is, my USB ports don't totally kick out. For example, when I start up my PC, I have my Keyboard/Mouse Wireless Dongle plugged in, as well as my external HDD. When my USB ports "cut out" these devices still function fine. If I plug something else into a USB port, the device won't initialize. I say initialize because if I plug something into my USB port I've never used before, it will try to install the proper drivers for it, but then at the end of installation it says "This device could not be started".

The other thing is that, like I said, I lose all sound. Sort of. If I open up a media player and watch a video before I lose audio, then after my audio becomes disabled I am still able to use that media player to watch movies and listen to music with sound. I should also say that my sound card is not USB.

I just want to know what is going on so I can fix it. It's getting really annoying to keep having to restart my computer every hour or so just so I can plug in a USB device or watch a Youtube video.