PDA

View Full Version : Just Cause 2 Will Not Support Windows XP

Jean-Luc
February 25th, 2010, 10:06 AM
http://kotaku.com/5478830/just-cause-2-wont-support-windows-xp

Well, it had to happen eventually.

I don't mind too much; while it sucks for those who have to upgrade, Windows XP is nine years old and technology has to progress.

Atty
February 25th, 2010, 10:13 AM
I wonder what the major benefits are to limiting OS support like this; if there are any.

Jean-Luc
February 25th, 2010, 10:17 AM
I wonder what the major benefits are to limiting OS support like this; if there are any.
There are a couple of ways to look at this I suppose.

We've already seen something to this effect with Halo 2 Vista and that wasn't successful because people didn't like Microsoft using an underhanded ploy to get more Vista sales (and because it was a shithouse port anyway).
Just Cause 2, on the other hand, isn't supporting XP because it's DirectX 10 only which is only supported by Vista and 7. I honestly think this is a good thing because it shows that the industry wants to move forward.

Windows XP was/is a great operating system but it can't stay around forever.

Kornman00
February 25th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Seeing as how Vista has actually been out for a few years now and there is even another iterated version of Windows out...how is this a problem? Who would still be running a gaming system which can only push XP? The cycle has to be broken sooner or later.

Limited
February 25th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Although its kinda sad to see the support for Windows XP slowly fading away. It needs to be done because like you guys have said we need to look into the future and enhance and improve games, and old OS's will cripple that.

In terms of what benefits dropping XP are, there are alot, graphics (DX10 stuff), not having to code and test the game for XP, plus they can assume pc's are slightly faster, as you need a faster PC to run Vista than XP (looking at lowest specs).

Warsaw
February 25th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Who would still be running a gaming system which can only push XP? The cycle has to be broken sooner or later.

Me. :saddowns:

Have to wait until summer 2011 to get a better rig.

Bodzilla
February 25th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Seeing as how Vista has actually been out for a few years now and there is even another iterated version of Windows out...how is this a problem? Who would still be running a gaming system which can only push XP? The cycle has to be broken sooner or later.
Basically this.

We have Win 7 now.

343guiltymc
February 25th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Will the game support DX11?

paladin
February 25th, 2010, 02:59 PM
To me, this is like putting out a new PS2 game when the PS3 has been out for what, 2 or 3 years now.

Pyong Kawaguchi
February 25th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Whats worse is the nes got a new game.

Jean-Luc
February 26th, 2010, 02:51 PM
In better news, the Just Cause 2 Demo (http://kotaku.com/5481181/just-cause-2-demo-gives-you-35-square-miles-to-explore-explode) is coming out next week and they're giving players 35 square miles to run around in and fuck around.

35 square miles for a DEMO; that's two times bigger than the entirety of Fallout 3. Oh this is gonna be fun :D

n00b1n8R
February 26th, 2010, 06:03 PM
35 square miles for a DEMO; that's two times bigger than the entirety of Fallout 3. Oh this is gonna be fun :D
The thing you've got to keep in mind with that comparison is that FO3 didn't have any vehicles.

Cars, bikes, planes and boats make that area a LOT smaller.

Limited
February 26th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Great, now I'm stuck with a predicament, download the PC or Xbox demo?

Pyong Kawaguchi
February 26th, 2010, 07:19 PM
pc
derp

Dwood
February 27th, 2010, 08:45 AM
They're cutting off a huge portion of potential users by not supporting XP.

Jean-Luc
February 27th, 2010, 10:21 AM
They're cutting off a huge portion of potential users by not supporting XP.
They're also telling the PC gaming industry that it's time to move forward. XP is no longer officially supported which means, by definition, it's obsolete.

flibitijibibo
February 27th, 2010, 11:21 AM
I agree with this move. Look at the minimum system requirements: the 8800 series. That implies that this game requires DX10. Come on now, XP users, they made Windows 7. You can handle it. If you planned on running this game anyway, you probably have the requirements necessary to run the OS with no performance differences.

Personal note: Why are all these games suddenly having my card at the minimum requirements? :(

Rook
February 27th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Personal note: Why are all these games suddenly having my card at the minimum requirements? :(

Release date 2006

Limited
March 7th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Bump

Whos played the demo then? I got it like an hour ago and :D its great.

I've made an app to remove the 30 minute time limit so if people want it :)

Varmint260
March 7th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Tried the demo the other day. First I tried the PC demo off of Steam and it was fun although it would freeze then crash roughly every 2 out of 3 times I tried to play it. I'm sure the full version'll run better, right? Was very fun, though! Tried the PS3 demo and it looks pretty decent as well; doesn't crash. It doesn't run in 1680x1050 with all the settings turned up but I still had a blast.

My favourite bit of fun is to surf on the roof of an AI-controlled car and grapple random pedestrians and bikers to said car and drag them around. It is also fun to use the grapple to foil pursuing police/government/military vehicles to the road or a passing telephone pole! Sometimes the line snaps too easily and I have to try again but sometimes it flips them over and makes them crash and lose the pursuit.

My favourite aspect overall has to be the improved vehicle physics over Just Cause 1, though. They're still not perfect but they're now good enough that they don't detract from the experience for me. My only dilemma is whether to get the PC version for improved graphics or the PS3 version for the controls (I'm very much into mouse/keyboard for hearse-curtain-pewters but for more adventuresome crazy-physics-stunt-centric gaming I like it all condensed into a controller with analog input).

n00b1n8R
March 7th, 2010, 06:16 PM
pl0x :iamafag:

Amit
March 7th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Bump

Whos played the demo then? I got it like an hour ago and :D its great.

Yesterday I saw a wicked awesome video showing off the Steam Demo and then I knew I had to have this game. The visuals are just beautiful and the destruction OMG. From playing the demo, I can safely say, I will get this game. I would very much like to get that time limit remover, please.

System Requirements

Minimum:
Windows Vista (Windows Xp is not supported)
Dual-core CPU with SSE3 (Athlon 64 X2 4200 / Pentium D 3GHz)
2 GB RAM
10 GB of free drive space
DX10 compatible graphics card with 256 MB of memory (Nvidia GeForce 8800 series/ ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro)
100% DirectX 10 compatible sound card
Microsoft DirectX 10

Recommended:
Windows Vista SP1 or Windows 7
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 2.4GHz or equivalent CPU
3 GB RAM
10 GB of hard drive space
DX10 compatible graphics card with 512 MB of memory (Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 series/ ATI Radeon HD 5750 series)
100% DirectX 10 compatible Dolby Digital 5.1 sound card
Microsoft DirectX 10.1

I've got a bit better than the recommended, but I've got the recommended ATi HD 5750 card overclocked to 5770 speeds. I wonder if that gives me better a better avg. FPS than most people with this card. The game runs beautifully at 1680x1050 on full settings.

Limited
March 7th, 2010, 06:57 PM
:)

1NNR_xc16cU

I'm going to bed right now but I'll post it tomorrow :D

Sel
March 7th, 2010, 07:03 PM
fuck those faggots who still use xp and think vista is shit

their opinions prove how fucking big a lot of cunts they are.

n00b1n8R
March 7th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Out of curiosity, how many people here have played the original?

Pyong Kawaguchi
March 7th, 2010, 10:10 PM
not me

Kornman00
March 8th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Out of curiosity, how many people here have played the original?
I did and I'll probably be buying this game too. Downloaded the demo for 360 the other night, hopefully I'll find time to play this week

n00b1n8R
March 8th, 2010, 03:26 AM
So was I the only one who thought all the side-missions had less variety than assassin's creed?
It was a great sandbox and all but the gameplay was pretty week and there were glitches out the ass. I really hope this one can be what the first game almost was.

Kornman00
March 8th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Yeah, but I played those side-missions just to finish the game and achievements (not sure if you played PC or 360). Killed time and at least the scenery was different for each for most cases heh

I played the demo during lunch

OMG yay!

I was really enjoying the dual grappler. I was running around in the starting location for at least 10mins just fucking around attaching shit to the rocket-like proprane tanks. Then I went outside and the timer started :saddowns:. Def going to be shelling out the cash for this one too

Limited
March 8th, 2010, 08:17 AM
:)

Okay heres the release of the app.

http://i45.tinypic.com/wkntj7.png

Download (http://www.codebrainshideout.net/FTP_Accounts/Limited/Just_Cause_2_Demo_Hack.rar)

Gives the ability for unlimited bullets, disables the demo timer limit and also removes the demo area limit which would make you respawn when you go outside of the demo area, now you can fully venture the map.

Kornman00
March 8th, 2010, 11:12 AM
So people can now pretty much play the game for free :/

k4is3rxkh40s
March 8th, 2010, 11:38 AM
So people can now pretty much play the game for free :/

I don't think so? I don't think there are many more missions a la killing that commander/general guy; all that's left is probably just screwing around

Limited
March 8th, 2010, 12:59 PM
I don't think so? I don't think there are many more missions a la killing that commander/general guy; all that's left is probably just screwing around
Plus, some parts of the map arent even rendered properly, e.g. the metal structure to the right of the base in the distance is just a plane with a texture on, no actual geometry.

Kornman00
March 8th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Oh

Well, if any of you actually spend more than 30mins demoing around and going outside the 35km range I hope you invest in the game :)

paladin
March 10th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Crackdown+Farcry2 setting+Mercenaries=good game

(horrible voice active)

e: korn, your looking a little green. you feel ok?

Kornman00
March 10th, 2010, 11:58 PM
:puke:

now I am :nom:

I wish this came out BEFORE I have four days off, not the day after :(

paladin
March 11th, 2010, 12:08 AM
cut into your halo wars time

Dwood
March 11th, 2010, 06:04 AM
I wish this came out BEFORE I have four days off, not the day after :(

During that time you use to allow custom script functions be compiled in sapien and increase the maximum external global count allowed :)

Kornman00
March 11th, 2010, 09:37 AM
They're done but I'm not releasing an updated OS until version 2 is finalized

Yoko
March 12th, 2010, 06:01 PM
attn Limited seems your trainer got patched over, doesn't work anymore.

Limited
March 12th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Yeah I noticed, 1.0.0.1

I've found addresses for ammo and demo timer. I was fiddling trying to work out how to have unlimited length in the grapple cable but no luck so far :(

Jelly
March 13th, 2010, 09:33 AM
http://mod.gib.me/justcause2/gibbed_jc2_demo_hackpack.zip

That's the Timelimit/Maphack I'm using at the moment, made by Gibbed on SomethingAwful. Copy the dropzone folder to your JC2 demo directory and it should just work.

Feature list:
- Demo time limit 'removed'.
- Demo map limit removed.
- Introduction cutscenes removed.
- All vehicles in the demo available through black market for free.
- All weapons in the demo available through black market for free.
- Upgrades for vehicles and weapons are free.
- Spiffy black market images for all of the vehicles since the demo didn't have them.

There's 2 bugs with it:
1) Sound is broken when you first spawn. Kill yourself (ingame) and it works again.
2) Statues have no collision and cannot be pulled down, so there's some towns you cannot complete 100%. This has yet to be fixed.

seanthelawn
March 15th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Just wondering, why is the word "removed" in quotes?

flibitijibibo
March 15th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Because it doesn't actually remove the time, it only freezes it.

Kornman00
March 16th, 2010, 05:31 AM
I did the 360 time limit glitch and was having fun

then I died

then the demo ended :saddowns:

I can't wait for this fucking game. fuck fuck fuck fuck, gimme some smack, fuck fuck fuck, and an ounce of crack, fffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Geo
March 16th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Anyone tried grappling the propane tanks as the fly off? Its a bit tricky to get yourself attached, but its great if you want to get yourself some big air for base jumping off the side of the starting cliff :D

paladin
March 16th, 2010, 03:03 PM
I did the 360 time limit glitch and was having fun

then I died

then the demo ended :saddowns:

I can't wait for this fucking game. fuck fuck fuck fuck, gimme some smack, fuck fuck fuck, and an ounce of crack, fffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Easy fix for this...

Dont die

Limited
March 16th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Anyone tried grappling the propane tanks as the fly off? Its a bit tricky to get yourself attached, but its great if you want to get yourself some big air for base jumping off the side of the starting cliff :D
I usually just grapple the tank, THEN shoot it when I'm on it.

I do feel the demo was lacking, which I hope the full game isnt. It just seemed like, in between the towns it will be very boring. Plus the towns I've seen have not been big enough, its only a few shops/houses and thats it.

Geo
March 16th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Yeah it did seem kind of barren. They should put animals in the game :P That way you can get some roadkill in while your going between towns :iamafag:

E: I also noticed that the game is REALLY lacking in a wide variety of material types. If you shoot the windows in the buildings, it has the same wood material on it as the rest, and the metal on the cars is the same metal material on every other metal object in the game :\. It seems like they did great on the epic scale of the game, but didn't pay enough attention to the small details...

paladin
March 17th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Your a jerk Mr Cooper

Kornman00
March 29th, 2010, 03:56 AM
So I played and beat the game on Normal. Currently doing it on Hardcore because I have nothing better to do while I have no internet at home.

While they made some good advancements this time around from the first one, there are still some major issues that I would think any large and serious game developer would address before shipping.

To begin, while they aren't using the same building models for every town in the country (unlike JC1, though there is some obvious re-use) I've noticed that some geometry that was placed in the world didn't fit. Examples: rock clusters not aligning with the moutain-side they were on (basically placed flat on a angled surface) and some buildings either a little high or low with the ground. I'm assuming this is because these assets changed with time and weren't cleaned up after they were reimported back into the game. JC1 had a MAJOR problem with this. However, in JC2 it is much rarer.

The Black Market. Holy dog shit. Is it REALLY a requirement to perform that fucking dropship cutscene before and after you request the Black Market screen? Jesus fucking christ, what if I just want to upgrade something, not actually have an item dropped off? Did something really think this added depth into the game? It can't be that this is just a smoke screen for loading the fucking game menu. I refuse to believe that it's faster to load the dropship cutscene resources than the Black Market screen. Re...fuse. However, after the second time you request the BM screen it stops doing that fucking cutscene bullshit.

Do aircraft really have to blow-the-fuck-up-omg-boom when they even skim the water? I can see if maybe you like...nose dived into it, but low flying over water then the under belly touches the water and KABLAM! YOU'RE A DEAD LATINO BEANO! All I wanted to do was fly over the water all cool like ;_;

I'm glad I didn't do Hardcore on my first time around. I've since saved all of my chaos actions on just blowing up radio masts and comm outposts. Why? Because after I think it's 100k chaos, fucking gunships get called on your ass. These things are no fucking joke. They will light you up. Attacking a military base when one flys in? Hope you can find some overhead cover (chances are you won't). I forget where I read it, on the box or online, but apparently the AI adapts to your skills. If the game didn't have an explicit difficulty setting I could see this being ok, but holy fuck, I don't want Hardcore AI in Normal. I'm actually unsure if there are real communication disrubtions from taking down radio towers. I have noticed some radio silence in one area near another area where I've whiped out every fucking tower. Hopefully it does because when I go to attack the actual military bases near those towers later, I'm going to be seriously hurting with Heat Level 4/5 with air support coming in with rockets and miniguns

They should have allowed you to request any vehicle which you've driven at least once. Maybe not upgrade it, leave it to the normal BM vehicles, but at least request them. They've also since removed the garage in JC2 from the first.

I think I had some other gripes too which I'm sure I'll remember when I go back to playing tonight. I'm just surprised that some of this shit survived play testing. Then again, I wasn't there for development so who knows what politicing powers may have been the cause of these FUBARs or maybe even the lack of real play tests...though that credits list was pretty big :ehhh:

I've had some pretty odd bugs. I'm not going to bash them on their bugs though, all software will have it, maybe their test cycle just wasn't that indepth. To name the ones that stick out most (as they caused gameplay stopping affects):

I've had an issue where my car flipped over on its side, then I tried to get out only to have my character stuck in a seated-in-a-car pose in the middle of the flipped vehicle. Remedy? Saved then reloaded. Spawns you at your closest stronghold, not where you saved.

Somehow, Rico's grapple arm got stuck in between the aiming and firing state. I was running around with his fucking left arm pointing out (almost looked as if he didn't have a left arm). Couldn't perform any grappling functions, nor fire my weapon. Luckily I was near a body of water. I figured he would eitehr be unable to switch to the swim state or be forced to switch to it. Luckily his body state was forced into swimming. Was finally able to perform normally again

n00b1n8R
March 29th, 2010, 04:34 AM
Failing epically when flying over the water makes sense, at flight-speed that's like grinding over a brick wall.
Still for game-physics it's a bit too far from rule-of-cool imo.

Really glad to hear they finally sorted out most of those hilariously bad bugs from the first one.

Is the gameplay nearly as repetitive this time round btw?

Kornman00
March 29th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Well, while you'll be doing the same basic objectives for each town, there is enough variety (for me at least) in the landscap to not make the repetitiveness too bold as the last game did. You also have actual reasons to go to each city and jack around since you have to collect upgrade items for weapons, etc. The campaign story line itself is actually pretty short and you'll be finding yourself just blowing shit up in each mission. But hey, that's what the game is all about. Causing chaos. Why? Just Cause it makes an entertaining game.

It'd be cool to mod this game. I could see an Halo ODST-like mod working alright with it. Well, assuming the engine is user-modding friendly.

And while skimming the water will fuck up your aircraft IRL, it doesn't mean you'll go KABLAM! with fireworks and jizzjazz from touching one wing along the surface. I'd rather have my wing break off and have the craft go flipping over and OF@*Fu434fu3iohoigh29f()WQFE all crazy like than explode and die. Hell, I wouldn't mind dying in that situation if the crash looked cool.

Oh yeah, and who in the FUCK makes a game with unskippable goddamn cutscenes? WHO? Who in their right mind makes games for a fucking living (seriously, getting paid to do this shit) and sees it fitting to require me to watch these cutscenes? I'M THE PLAYER. *I* should be in control. Let ME play the game, not how YOU think I should. Keep your game limits to actual game play, not cosmetics you fucking cunts. Seriously. Press A to Skip :|

Geo
March 29th, 2010, 11:10 AM
The plane crashes over water WERE pretty stupid, but I thought that when you rolled a car down the mountain, it was pretty freaking epic :v:

Cortexian
March 29th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Anyone know if there's a list of vehicles? I'm wondering if there's some kind of ship I can pilot that has weapons I can fire from the pilots seat (like the military choppers and planes), I know there's the fairly large patrol boats at some off-shore rigs but they two turrets require you to jump in them.

Geo
March 29th, 2010, 11:47 PM
I'm not sure if it is a complete list, but the PDA in the game has a list of the vehicles I think. I don't think it has any details on the vehicle until you have driven it tho

Kornman00
March 30th, 2010, 02:52 AM
The PDA has the list of vehicles (all 104 of them) and says if you have driven them before or not.

As for aircraft with weapons on them: There are a few different helicopter gunships and fighter jets with miniguns and some of them also have rockets. They also have a military cargo plane (JC1 had one too but this one looks better) which is probably the biggest goatdamn thing you can drive in any GTA-style game. No weapons on it though. Pretty fucking fast however. Took me a couple of minutes to catch up to one in a F-14-like jet and it took off the runway about 5 seconds or so before me.

I've been meaning to try the Pinata kill where you grapple an enemy to the ceiling and melee them. I do something similar with the gas tanks by grappling them under my helicopter then hovering over something I want to blow up, tap LB causing it to drop, then kaboom! Haven't really been focusing on stylized kills lately, mostly just taking out all these goddamn radio towers

Cortexian
March 30th, 2010, 03:07 AM
Yea I think I've flown all the military planes, there are two types of fighters and the cargo plane, plus there's three choppers with armament I think (one has rockets and a chain gun, the other two just have chain guns but in different configurations). I was actually asking if anyone knew of a military ship/boat that had weapons you can fire from the pilots seat (the one you can buy from your PDA has some machine guns but it's lame), sorry for the confusion.

Kornman00
March 30th, 2010, 03:27 AM
Oh, a gun boat. Yeah, there are things in the game that make me wonder if they had planned on allowing co-op. The boats are an example, but I guess they just did them like that for the AI. At least in JC1 you would magically get an AI gunner when you got in say a jeep with a turret on the back. In JC2, I haven't seen friendly AI get in the gunner seat unless they were already in it from the start.

The game had a lot of potential. The wiki article said it was originally due to be released at the end of 2008. I really have to wonder about their production cycle because I would think they would be able to do more with the gameplay than what they've done these last four years. Though, their The Hunter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunter_(game)) game uses the same engine so concurrent development and usage of the same engine probably hurt the development of adding new gameplay features in JC2. They seem to be more interested in building procedural content systems.

Cortexian
March 30th, 2010, 03:53 AM
The game engine seems familiar to the one in Prototype, yes/no?

Man I wish the big military cargo plane had a gun ship variant... Oh how I wish to circle a military base and blow it to bits with cannons. :allears:

Geo
March 30th, 2010, 10:38 AM
And possibly drop bombs with nuclear warheads on to the military base :allears:

OmegaDragon
March 30th, 2010, 11:21 AM
After adding the BOLOpatch to get unlimited strength and ropes, I have spent 3/4 of my 5 hours of playing this game just messing around and exploring. So far i have done like 3 of the main activities.

I still want someone to make an infinite grapple length hack though >.>

Kornman00
March 31st, 2010, 02:02 AM
"unlimited strength and ropes"? wat?

I wouldn't be surprised if they hard coded the grapple crap. Some studios still haven't moved into the data-driven age.

n00b1n8R
March 31st, 2010, 07:29 AM
"unlimited strength and ropes"? wat?

I wouldn't be surprised if they hard coded the grapple crap. Some studios still haven't moved into the data-driven age.
Kinda interested in what this :technobabble: means?

Kornman00
March 31st, 2010, 07:38 AM
float g_max_grapple_dist = 100.0f;

VS.

Setting a value in a data file which the game loads. Think Halo and it's tags. Almost all of the engine in Halo 1 was data driven, no object definitions were hard coded (they didn't keep the chief's health defined in the game code, they left it to be defined in the tag data)

Limited
April 2nd, 2010, 04:28 PM
I've tried to hack the unlimited length of the grapple hook, no luck yet and havent really got much time to do it.

I said screw it finding all the weapon and vehicle update boxes and just gave myself like 36k+ of each.

Planes, omfg jet planes its IMPOSSIBLE to hit shit with the rockets/minigun. Like I jacked a plane from the air base that has 2 run ways, they have like those anti air missiles so you gotta go top speed, but its impossible to aim at the ground without GOING INTO the ground.

I've only played about 2~3 hours on it, and only done 2 missons other time is just pissing around flying planes and shit, also I agree with you Korn about the BM cutscene crap, I hacked the money amount so I could just give myself tons of vehicles, but each time I want to I gotta load that damn BM and select the one and yada yada, I know I can skip the cutscene, but I just want an instant drop.

Kornman00
April 3rd, 2010, 04:50 PM
I just hit 40% complete on the hardest difficulty today. Still have two more campaign missions to do.

I noticed a LOT less helicopter and unit drops in the areas where I've taken out comm stations/towers. Makes taking on military bases a lot easier.

Whenever I'm taking on a base I just resort to gunships (helicopter types). I only used jet planes when I was discovering all the locations (got them all the other day). They're useful because they're fast and able you to do drive bys on radio masts and Coronals. As long as you hit the brakes (and aren't too low to the ground in the process) you should be able to hit your targets.

I've been waiting on the C130 planes to spawn. I want to take one to this one base and attach a tank to it and take off. I tried doing said trick with a jet-attached-to-a-jet but the jet I was in didn't have enough thrust to also get the jet-in-tow off the ground. Managed to land a C130 on a runway while another one (to my surprise) was trying to take off. Goddamn thing still managed to take off without exploding O.o

Cortexian
April 3rd, 2010, 04:54 PM
Goddamn thing still managed to take off without exploding O.o
Yea, the AI planes seem to be impervious to scenery based damage when they're flying...

Kornman00
April 3rd, 2010, 05:41 PM
Explains how a fucking helicopter got down inside on of those fuel tank shafts (you know, the ones you have to navigate down and button-combo to self destruct and RUN LIKE HELL back up) without exploding. Nothing some triggered explosives couldn't handle tho

Limited
April 4th, 2010, 10:36 AM
AI are master pilots :D

I love attack helicopters, problem is I always get messed up by anti air, I try to take them out first though but they are still hard to like evade.

How many missions do you think you have completed Korn (to get to 40%)?

Edit:
Wow, just been looking into the modding of the game, its looking great. The .BIN files are converted to XML files, and these contain ALL the goodies, ammo range, ammo velocity, ammo per shot..etc

The .SCAR files can be converted too, and then you can extract the DDS files out, then re-texture stuff :D.

This is very cool stuff :D Might give modding a go when I'm on my pc that has it installed.

Kornman00
April 4th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Well, I finished the campaign part of the game and I know that I have less than 200 more locations to complete (and then I have incomplete locations in that list, so I have some upgrade parts and all that jazz from them). I'm currently sitting at almost 44%, having spent 33 game hours or so getting there.

I might have to get into modding the game depending on what my life forecast is like (plus my new computer situation) when I back to the states. I still think one could do an interesting Halo ODST mod with it.

Jelly
April 4th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Some guys from SA and Facepunch have already done a lot of work on decoding the files and making mods. There's a wiki, documentation, tools and discussion here (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3286940).

killer9856
April 4th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I personally liked grappling onto the propane tanks and flying away on them. You can get some serious air with those things

Kornman00
April 4th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Does SA get its name from the brick tonne of ads all over the page? (yes, I know you can pony up 10$ to get them removed...no.)

Limited
April 7th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Oh Kornman if only you had the PC version.

No Blackmarket Cutscene v2 (http://www.justcause2mods.com/index.php/mods/other/Black-Market/No-Blackmarket-Cutscenes-v2/)

Oh yeah, and a team are working on...a MP version of JC2 lol.

Kornman00
April 7th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Does the team sound like a lot of past and faded HaloCE mod ideas? It'd be cool, but I kind of have to wonder what makes them think they can do it so soon after the game release (ie, did they find lingering network code like the GTA guys did?)

Kornman00
May 2nd, 2010, 12:39 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/27/just-cause-2-dlc-second-pack/

also,
oRzP-flFtPY