PDA

View Full Version : Interviews Needed!

DeeX
March 3rd, 2010, 11:56 AM
I am a student at DePaul University doing a study of online communities, and am interested in this site. It would be very helpful to my research to learn about your experiences as a participant. Would you be willing to participate in a short interview? For more information please visit this website:

http://facsrv.cs.depaul.edu/~jzagal/OnlineCommunitiesResearch.htm

The interview requires that you be at least 18 years or older and must be recorded. We need 4 more participants. The interview will take place over Skype and will include a few questions about yourself, the site, and the interview itself. If you would like to participate then PM me or Penguin. You may also respond to this thread and we'll PM you.

Thank you for your time!

Kornman00
March 3rd, 2010, 12:08 PM
I'm still game...just need to figure a time zone friendly time for this to work.

DeeX
March 3rd, 2010, 12:25 PM
Awesome! How does your schedule look for the upcoming days or the weekend?

Limited
March 3rd, 2010, 04:23 PM
I'll gladly help you if it doesnt take too long (hours), although I'd prefer to do it text based (email probably best).

Just some info on me, I'm 21 male from England (UK) studying at university.

Penguin
March 3rd, 2010, 05:07 PM
Jyaaaaag.

It varies from 30min to an hour at most.
Unfortunately, video/voice chat is the preferred method.
It can be recorded, esp the consent, and is easily attainable for both parties.

If you're still interested just pm me or DeeX.

DeeX
March 5th, 2010, 01:51 AM
Anybody else? We need three more people!

Con
March 5th, 2010, 01:56 AM
Come on you guys, it's actually pretty fun.

Penguin
March 7th, 2010, 10:15 PM
bump :iamafag:

n00b1n8R
March 7th, 2010, 11:35 PM
I'll do it, my email should be over there <---

DeeX
March 8th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Sweet! I'll have Penguin contact you soon.

Kornman00
March 9th, 2010, 01:04 PM
This isn't spam guys, if you can meet the requirements try and help this duo out with their research! Who knows how it could affect future game developers actions towards the underlying communities that keep their games afloat.

flibitijibibo
March 9th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Seconding the "not spam" part. Help out people, this could be useful for all of us.

DeeX
March 10th, 2010, 01:10 PM
:iamafag:Thanks guys! <3
We just had our presentation of the site to the class. It went very well and we had a powerpoint to along with it.
After class we talked with our professor for about 5 minutes just about this site.

Penguin
March 10th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Yep, from the convo, the professor was pretty interested in the modacity community.

n00b1n8R
March 10th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Pretty curious what you guys had to say about us and what the prof wanted to know, care to share?

DeeX
March 10th, 2010, 11:14 PM
He asked us some additional questions because he was intrigued by the history we presented of the site. The origin of the site, the members, and so forth that we gathered from our interviews. We described modacity, or h2vista, as being a place for refugee Gearbox members. The purpose of the class is to work with the idea of online communities being just as important and useful as "real life" communities. We found Modacity to be very much like any sort of community you'd find. It has its cliques, its dramas, arguments, and much of everything else that a community would have. Through our interviews we have heard directly from members themselves that this is a sort of home away from home. Which by definition is what a community should feel like along with the people who are a part of that community. Modacity is productive, critical yet constructive, and creative.

Bodzilla
March 11th, 2010, 12:15 AM
was considering doing this, dunno why i ever got around to it.

Chances are you wouldnt be able to understand me properly, i've got a lot of australian in me :D

n00b1n8R
March 11th, 2010, 05:04 AM
I tried to organise an interview but timezones are a bitch zilla. :saddowns:

Penguin
March 15th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Lol, it was more of the time limit that really got us

Dwood
March 18th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Modacity is productive, critical yet constructive, and creative.

Modacity is productive

productive

Say what?

sdavis117
March 18th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Meant to help, but never got around to responding to your guys request. Sorry.