PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Commander 2

Cojafoji
March 10th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Anyone else gotten this yet?

If you haven't, don't bother.

SquareEnix took a fantastic game and stuffed it into the ground. It's literally like playing Supreme Commander: IQ ≤ 60 Edition.

HERPDERPDERPDERPDERPDERPDERPDERPDERP.

LlamaMaster
March 10th, 2010, 11:09 PM
I used to play Forged Alliance with my "clan" (it was just us fighting each other) all the time, and it was always very, very fun. This, however, took over FA, and now it's barely played anymore. It pisses me off that this tripe is acting as a replacement. All the economics went out the door, and so did the skill...

Note: I haven't played MP, but I from what i can tell about the SP it can't be that great.

Cojafoji
March 10th, 2010, 11:56 PM
I mean, there are a couple cool new features that I'd love to integrate into sup com as it, the first being the scenery.

holy TITS is the scenery awesome.

but as it stands now, it's literally star craft two minus the hype. (read: shitty)

Cortexian
March 11th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Except that if it were like StarCraft 2 it would have amazing gameplay.

Hotrod
March 11th, 2010, 06:37 AM
I've been playing the game non-stop ever since the Demo came out, and I must say, I am in love with it. It's nothing at all like StarCraft 2, since it still has that SupCom feel and gameplay to it. I mean, sure, the economy changed for the worse, but it's still quite an enjoyable game. Though, I must admit, it is nothing compared to the original SupCom or FA.

Cojafoji
March 11th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Except that if it were like StarCraft 2 it would have amazing gameplay.
the starcraft 2 beta was shit.

Cortexian
March 12th, 2010, 12:37 AM
the starcraft 2 beta was shit.
Apparently you played a different beta than me!

Ganon
March 12th, 2010, 11:34 AM

hi could you link me to the correct beta because the one I played sucked

lets hope starcraft 1 lives another 20 yaers so we can all get our hopes up on a good sc3 game!

Cojafoji
March 12th, 2010, 12:03 PM
And apparently you fail to realize that other sentient human beings can have a differing opinion/viewpoint. If you haven't played SupCom2, please refrain from posting in this thread.

:gtfo:

also, in supcom 2 they removed the ability to view the horizon. which is turbo weak. also, steam sucks.

Warsaw
March 13th, 2010, 12:55 PM
What is it with developers dumbing down the RTS genre recently? This over-streamlining is killing parts of what make an RTS fun: the base building and the micro managing. If I want a fast-paced action game, I'll play a first person shooter.