PDA

View Full Version : Gold-Dipped Xbox 360

Spartan094
April 3rd, 2010, 02:14 PM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/04/500x_-1_01.jpg
http://apps.facebook.com/upitone/?controller=news&op=view-news&news_id=31729
If you have a facebook for more details.

And if you don't.

From the folks who gave the world the gold-dipped PS3 (http://kotaku.com/5401845/gold+dipped-ps3-does-not-include-250gb-hard-drive) comes the gold-dipped...Xbox 360.
The Xbox 360 and its controller have been plated with 24kt gold. King Midas is pleased.
For those who might be in the market for a golden Xbox 360, know that the jeweler's 24kt PS3 starts at US$4,999. Ballin'.

But I mean 5g? meh

Inferno
April 3rd, 2010, 02:16 PM
Tasty.

I wonder how fast is overheats?

flibitijibibo
April 3rd, 2010, 02:17 PM
I wonder what melts first: the case or internals?

Hotrod
April 3rd, 2010, 04:20 PM
Chances are that if you have that 360, you would never play it.

Inferno
April 3rd, 2010, 04:44 PM
Chances are that if you have that 360, you would never play it.

I wonder if they replaced the green LED's with yellow ones?

Also why the fuck would you buy it and NOT play it. That's like buying a sports car and not driving it.

Cortexian
April 3rd, 2010, 04:46 PM
Lots of people buy sports cars, specifically exotic cars, and don't really ever drive them...

Syuusuke
April 3rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
Because they would get keyed.

Do you want your 360 to get keyed?

Hotrod
April 3rd, 2010, 06:52 PM
Well, I know I would play it, but I also know that's not the case for many people. Just like Freelancer said, a lot of people buy shit just to say that they have it (such is the case with old plates and glasses and shit like that). As we all know, the 360 gets Red Rings of Death often enough. Imagine spending over 5000$ on a 360, then having it die on you? In plus, some people might get fussy over getting fingerprints on the controller or something like that.

Spartan094
April 3rd, 2010, 08:53 PM
Well, I know I would play it, but I also know that's not the case for many people. Just like Freelancer said, a lot of people buy shit just to say that they have it (such is the case with old plates and glasses and shit like that). As we all know, the 360 gets Red Rings of Death often enough. Imagine spending over 5000$ on a 360, then having it die on you? In plus, some people might get fussy over getting fingerprints on the controller or something like that.
Wear some gloves or something non-thick.

Then again why $5000 for a xbox 360....I have more silver bars then that thing is worth.

Lateksi
April 4th, 2010, 04:40 AM
I painted mine metal blue... Could've painted in gold too. Cheaper than dipping in gold >.<

Limited
April 4th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Also why the fuck would you buy it and NOT play it. That's like buying a sports car and not driving it.
:shake: Most classic cars never get driven.

Pretty cool though, is gold a conductor or not conductor, would it actually help deplete the heat, or would it make it even worse.

Spartan094
April 4th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I think gold is a conductor last time I check.

Inferno
April 4th, 2010, 09:15 PM

Pretty cool though, is gold a conductor or not conductor, would it actually help deplete the heat, or would it make it even worse.

That's what fags do. Real men drive there awesome cars.

Phopojijo
April 4th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Watch the derogatory language guys...

Inferno
April 4th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Homosexuals.

Higuy
April 4th, 2010, 10:15 PM
I painted my xbox Red and Black with the gears of war omen on it, along with most of my controllers had there own color schemes as well. Was awesome, then I get RROD on that xbox and all I have left is my face plate.. :(

Inferno
April 4th, 2010, 10:22 PM
I painted my black and flash modded it.

Then it RROD'd a month later. :saddowns:

English Mobster
April 4th, 2010, 10:45 PM
I've been wanting to paint mine, but don't have any particular ideas yet.

Cortexian
April 4th, 2010, 11:10 PM

If the inside of the case was also gold plated as well and the inside and outside plating connected, it would act as a fairly badly designed heatsink and dissipate some heat. Some super-cars use gold plating around the engine block for this reason, except they actually design it to dissipate heat, not just to look cool.

Atty
April 5th, 2010, 12:53 AM
If the inside of the case was also gold plated as well and the inside and outside plating connected, it would act as a fairly badly designed heatsink and dissipate some heat. Some super-cars use gold plating around the engine block for this reason, except they actually design it to dissipate heat, not just to look cool.Exactly what I was thinking. Original Lamborghinis and Ferarri's use to do this, but I don't know of any super car companies that still do that.

Inferno
April 5th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Being as my current xbox has no case I just put a fan over it.

Overheating can suck my dawng.

Cortexian
April 5th, 2010, 10:17 PM
There was a shot up 360 on the range I was at today. I put a few 5.56 rounds into it with the Tavor for good measure though.

Inferno
April 6th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Why? There easy to fix if you know how.

Pyong Kawaguchi
April 6th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Very easy to fix, inferno fixed his via an oven
:downs:

Cortexian
April 6th, 2010, 07:29 PM
It was already irreparable Inferno, there were rounds clean through the casing and mainboard. I just put a few rounds through the processor area for good measure.

Donut
April 7th, 2010, 03:17 PM
lol @ people shooting their 360s to "make a point".
theyre easy to fix. jokes on you, dipshit.

on topic though, if i wanted something like this, i would paint my case. i have that olive green and shiny bronze halo 3 edition 360 though, so im cool already. no need for more graphics.

E: the dipshit wasnt directed at you freelancer. i was referring to the guy who shot it first.

Cortexian
April 7th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Some people have more money than brains.

Inferno
April 8th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Some people have more money than brains.

That's hilarious coming from you.

BTW I got another broke xbox today. 0021 and everything.
Who's got a torx and a can of gold spray paint?

EX12693
April 9th, 2010, 01:18 AM
I do.