PDA

View Full Version : Universe Crossovers (If you are in Elementary School post here!!!) (Actually don't.)

Con
May 9th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Enterprise vs Pillar of Autumn

http://witneyman.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/enterprise-d.jpg
http://hce.halomaps.org/images/files/lg/3screenshot01829560.jpg

http://www.booksie.com/science_fiction/essay/thanatos/star-trek-vs-halo-part-1-pillar-of-autumn-vs-enterprised

Dwood
May 9th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Yeah p. much the Pillar > Enterprise

Cojafoji
May 10th, 2010, 02:06 AM
The faggot writing the article doesn't even know/realize the picard maneuver. Warp 9 -> other position relative to the pillar of autumn = two targets.

THE FUCKING CREW HATES FIGHTING?!

SORRY WHAT!?

Picard was often, as a captain in the beginning of his career, out maneuvered and out gunned while in command of the star gazer during the cardassian federation war. Over confident my cock. Picard would order a full spread of torpedoes, which would yield up to 8 torpedoes per volley, and annihilate the pillar of autumn. Old style nuclear warheads couldn't even dent the USS Enterprise *. That's the fucking original before the refit. We're talking about the Enterprise D.

Also, the galaxy class star ship was used in all major offensives of the Dominion war. You can see it throughout season 5, 6 and 7, as being on a of the main motherfucking pushes into dominion lines. Those sources are only using the non-wartime star ship configurations for the ships as well. If you check to see Captain Jelico's modification of the USS Enterprise in the episode "The Chain Of Command" you'd see that the efficiency is sacrificed for power upgrades (stronger shields, higher phaser output etc). I hate to do the whole trekky thing, but I think the person who wrote this article had a poor understanding of the trek universe.

/hardcorenerdrageofepicproportions.

edit: oh yeah, forgot: the enterprise would just beam about 10 photon torpedoes inside of the poa, as done in voyager vs a borg cube while their shields were down. not even a battle. also, as for those slug rounds from the POA, you'd have to lead the target, from probably thousands of km away. the enterprise has no problem changing course along the X, Y, or Z axis. Easily out maneuvering that hulking piece of shit.

n00b1n8R
May 10th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Could they ready the torpedo's for beaming in that time-frame?
That said, from what I recall of Halo cannon, they wouldn't have been able to charge the capacitors for the ship's hyperdrive (can't remember the proper name for a slip-space engine) AND MAC at the same time.

Bodzilla
May 10th, 2010, 07:46 AM
this is the lamest discussion i've ever fucking heard jesus christ

n00b1n8R
May 10th, 2010, 07:50 AM
this is the lamest discussion i've ever fucking heard jesus christ
Go home little man, the adults are talking.

Bodzilla
May 10th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Don make me go all Saxton Hale on you Mr Chin, i hear my uppercuts are indeed a terror to behold.

Cojafoji
May 10th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Don make me go all Saxton Hale on you Mr Chin, i hear my uppercuts are indeed a terror to behold.
I will attack you man-bear style. By the way, I'm half bear, did you know that? I will maul the shit out of you. Now, please... Take your warm milk and curl up beside a kangaroo and take a nap.
jk jk relax bod.
The torpedo probably could have been ready within a matter of seconds. So many times when picard is like "Uh, fire torpedoes up in this bitch" and worf was all like "*animal noise* yessuh massah captain suh."

annihilation
May 10th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Fuck the cannons and lasers.

Send Master Chief.

He throws a shit ton of grenades and sprays bullets everywhere.

The only one that would be a problem is Data and possibly Worf.

Cortexian
May 10th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Also, master chief would be raped by Worf. Straight up anally penetrated to death.
Definitely not... The only Trek race/characters that could possibly even hurt the Chief would most likely be the Borg. The Chief (or any Spartan for that matter) would probably skull-fuck any Klingon, even without their armor.

Cojafoji
May 10th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Definitely not... The only Trek race/characters that could possibly even hurt the Chief would most likely be the Borg. The Chief (or any Spartan for that matter) would probably skull-fuck any Klingon, even without their armor.
Nope.

Cortexian
May 11th, 2010, 02:44 AM
Nope.
Spartans have the following medical augmentations:

Carbide Ceramic Ossification
Description: Advanced material grafting onto skeletal structures to make bones virtually unbreakable. Recommended coverage not to exceed 3% total bone mass because of significant white blood cell necrosis.

Muscular Enhancement Injections
Description: Protein complex is injected intramuscularly to increase tissue density and decrease lactase recovery time.

Catalytic Thyroid Implant
Description: Platinum pellet containing human growth hormone catalyst is implanted in the thyroid to boost growth of skeletal and muscle tissues.

Occipital Capillary Reversal
Description: Submergence and boosted blood vessel flow beneath the rods and cones of the subject's retina. Produces a marked visual perception increase.

Superconducting Fibrification of Neural Dendrites
Description: Alteration of bioeletrical nerve transduction to shielded electronic transduction. 300% increase in subject reflexes. Anecdotal evidence of marked increase in intelligence, memory, and creativity.

Combined effects:
• Capable of running at speeds exceeding 55 KPH (34.155 MPH).
• Capable of lifting three times their body weight, which is double the normal weight of an average human due to increased muscle density.
• Virtual night vision.
• Reaction times of estimated twenty milliseconds. Significantly faster in combat situations or with A.I. assistance.

Klingons have:

Forehead Ridges
Description: Makes the Klingon look more imposing and threatening.

Physical Conditioning
Description: Klingons are known to be generally 2X stronger than the average human.

A Klingon MIGHT be able to match an unarmored Spartans brute strength, and they appear to be able to take substantial physical punishment. However a Spartan has almost instantaneous reaction times, fighting a Klingon would be like fighting at 30% speed and the Spartan would have NO problem what-so-ever in out maneuvering the Klingon. Not to mention the possible situational advantages a Spartan could use, they can see in the dark and run much faster than a Klingon could ever hope to achieve. Klingons act tough, but when it comes right down to it a Spartan would rip off their heads and shit down their necks while chewing bubble gum.

:eng101:

annihilation
May 11th, 2010, 03:39 AM
Also, Cortana could easily go inside the Enterprise and fuck everything up.

=sw=warlord
May 11th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Freelancer, you forgot the additional effects from the spartans MJOLNIR armour (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/MJOLNIR_Powered_Assault_Armor).

This alone would put any Klingon at a considerable disadvantage; "Reactive Metal Liquid Crystal Layer: Liquid crystal forms the inner structure of the suit. This reactive metal increases the strength, reaction time, mobility, speed, and all around physical performance of the SPARTAN-II. The suit's artificial intelligence is supported by this layer of crystal, knitted together at a molecular level and fitted in between the outer plates and the inner padding. This type of computer memory is usually outfitted on a starship and as such this layer accounts for over eighty percent of the MJOLNIR armors cost of construction and materials."

Cojafoji
May 11th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Nope.

Cortexian
May 11th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Freelancer, you forgot the additional effects from the spartans MJOLNIR armour (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/MJOLNIR_Powered_Assault_Armor).

This alone would put any Klingon at a considerable disadvantage; "Reactive Metal Liquid Crystal Layer: Liquid crystal forms the inner structure of the suit. This reactive metal increases the strength, reaction time, mobility, speed, and all around physical performance of the SPARTAN-II. The suit's artificial intelligence is supported by this layer of crystal, knitted together at a molecular level and fitted in between the outer plates and the inner padding. This type of computer memory is usually outfitted on a starship and as such this layer accounts for over eighty percent of the MJOLNIR armors cost of construction and materials."
I specifically left out the MJOLNIR armor effects because I wanted to prove how weak and puny Klingons would be compared to a regular Spartan.

Pooky
May 11th, 2010, 07:43 PM
And a Space Marine of the Adeptus Astartes (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Creation_of_a_Space_Marine) would turn any Spartan or Klingon into a reeking blood smear faster than you can say "For the Emperor". Are we done here?

ICEE
May 11th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Samus would beat all of them. Fuck.

Pooky
May 11th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Samus would beat all of them. Fuck.

Unarmored, not a chance. With everyone fully equipped, it isn't even a fair comparison. Samus has weapons on a caliber that the others can't even begin to compete with. Many of the items in her arsenal could legitimately be considered WMDs, and her armor has been shown shrugging off damage that would turn MJOLNIR Mk. VI or Power Armour into jelly.

Cortexian
May 11th, 2010, 08:01 PM
And a Space Marine of the Adeptus Astartes (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Creation_of_a_Space_Marine) would turn any Spartan or Klingon into a reeking blood smear faster than you can say "For the Emperor". Are we done here?
A Space Marine is designed to be extremely hard to kill, almost every augmentation to their bodies is designed to increase their survivability. I have no doubt that a Space Marine would smear a Spartan if they were both unarmored, but it would be a very interesting to theoretically see if they both had their armor suits. A Spartan would be much quicker, and would most likely be able to take similar punishment due to the shield technology incorporated into MJOLNIR.

I agree with Pooky's analysis of Samus vs either.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that (Extended Universe) Luke Skywalker would school almost any other sci-fi individual, after-all he was the first Jedi master to cross into the Dark Side and come back with a greater understanding of the Force. He can expertly wield any kind of Force power and has almost instantaneous movement speed because of it. Offensively a Lightsaber can cut through anything with the exception of certain shield technology, said technology can easily be neutralized by Force powers though. Luke would be able to deflect almost any kind of projectile (energy or mass based) with his Force powers or Lightsaber. However most of this is fairly irrelevant because Luke has demonstrated the ability to use the Force and instantaneously kill non-Force sensitive beings with nothing but some thought and concentration.

Basically he could point at any of the people we've discussed so far and cause them to drop dead. For example, I remember reading a book where he was able to use the Force to crush a mans skull who was inside a suit that the Lightsaber could not penetrate.

teh lag
May 11th, 2010, 08:12 PM
oh my god you people are 8 years old.

make another thread for it to be honest if it's so important this is the articles thread and I haven't seen an article in 20-some posts.

Pooky
May 11th, 2010, 08:12 PM
It would definitely be an interesting and profoundly badass engagement, but I can't really imagine the Spartan coming out on top. Their training and reflexes would help keep one alive for far longer than most enemies of the Astartes, but their weapons simply don't have the power required to take down a Space Marine. A standard boltgun is capable of rapid-firing .75 caliber, high explosive, armor piercing, self propelled shells. The standard weapon for Spartan-IIs would most likely be the BR, which probably wouldn't have the energy to do much more than scratch Mk. VII power armour.

Cortexian
May 11th, 2010, 08:19 PM
True. However I'm fairly sure a 14.5x114mm armor piercing, fin stabilized, discarding sabot round fired from a 99C-S2 Anti-Matériel sniper rifle (the Halo sniper) would take out a Space Marine in Power Armor if it were a headshot. That said, I'm sure that a Spartan would take a similar system into battle if they knew they were going to be fighting a Space Marine in full Power Armor.

oh my god you people are 8 years old.

make another thread for it to be honest if it's so important this is the articles thread and I haven't seen an article in 20-some posts.
Unfun.

Alwin Roth
May 11th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Seriously, that is a shit load of text.

Cagerrin
May 11th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that (Extended Universe) Luke Skywalker would school almost any other sci-fi individual, after-all he was the first Jedi master to cross into the Dark Side and come back with a greater understanding of the Force. He can expertly wield any kind of Force power and has almost instantaneous movement speed because of it. Offensively a Lightsaber can cut through anything with the exception of certain shield technology, said technology can easily be neutralized by Force powers though. Luke would be able to deflect almost any kind of projectile (energy or mass based) with his Force powers or Lightsaber. However most of this is fairly irrelevant because Luke has demonstrated the ability to use the Force and instantaneously kill non-Force sensitive beings with nothing but some thought and concentration.

Basically he could point at any of the people we've discussed so far and cause them to drop dead. For example, I remember reading a book where he was able to use the Force to crush a mans skull who was inside a suit that the Lightsaber could not penetrate.
Luke, however, is a whiny farm boy who isn't likely to try and kill someone without deliberating over it for months unless directly threatened, and given that characters like the Master Chief are arguably "good guys", it's highly unlikely that Luke would attack without provocation.

Cortexian
May 11th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Luke, however, is a whiny farm boy who isn't likely to try and kill someone without deliberating over it for months unless directly threatened, and given that characters like the Master Chief are arguably "good guys", it's highly unlikely that Luke would attack without provocation.
You seem to be referring to the movie-Luke, not the bad-ass Extended Universe (books) Luke.

Pooky
May 11th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Don't forget that Space Marines have ridiculously intense mental and physical conditioning which would make them heavily resistant to most force powers. That said, Force Push + ledge = end of fight.

Cagerrin
May 11th, 2010, 08:36 PM
You seem to be referring to the movie-Luke, not the bad-ass Extended Universe (books) Luke.
there's a difference? maybe it's just because the last SW stuff I read was LotF, but I've never seen much of a difference between the two.

Pooky
May 11th, 2010, 08:39 PM
there's a difference? maybe it's just because the last SW stuff I read was LotF, but I've never seen much of a difference between the two.

Extended Universe Luke is immensely more powerful. For most of the SW movies he wasn't even a full Jedi, whereas currently he's a master level Jedi Consular.

Luke aside, I'd be much more interested to see the results of a sword duel between jedi weapon master Kyle Katarn and Ultramarines Captain Cato Sicarius.

Dwood
May 11th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Samus Vs. Luke.

Winner: Draw.

Spartan Vs. Space marine.

Change the scenario a bit, and make it a squad of Spartans that have gained control of aforementioned Space Marine weapons.

Winner? Situational/Environ-dependant.

Cagerrin
May 11th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Extended Universe Luke is immensely more powerful. For most of the SW movies he wasn't even a full Jedi, whereas currently he's a Master level Jedi Consular.
meant personality-wise, I know he's gotten more powerful over time.

also grip > push

Pooky
May 11th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Change the scenario a bit, and make it a squad of Spartans that have gained control of aforementioned Space Marine weapons.

Space Marine weapons are gigantic, heavy as fuck, and have massive recoil. I doubt the Spartans could use them effectively.

meant personality-wise, I know he's gotten more powerful over time.

also grip > push

As I said before, it would be extremely difficult to kill a Space Marine with any direct Force attack. Their necks are like columns of adamantium :|

Kornman00
May 11th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Never mind the fact that the Enterprise has shields, can split in two, and has energy based weapons. Hmmm, just like the covies whose ships can take on at least 3 UNSC cruisers IIRC

However, universes aren't meant to collide. Not IRL and not in fiction. Keep you Halo out of my Star Trek and vise versa

Dwood
May 11th, 2010, 08:59 PM
You're a little late to protect them from merging the two. At least it isn't Gordon Freeman vs a Spartan or something like that.

Pooky
May 11th, 2010, 09:09 PM
You're a little late to protect them from merging the two. At least it isn't Gordon Freeman vs a Spartan or something like that.
That's because Gordon Freeman isn't even remotely on a level with the other fictional characters being discussed :|

n00b1n8R
May 11th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Anyone saying a team of spartans could take on a single marine is only thinking of tabletop marines. Fluff marines don't die. There's 1,000,000 marines for the 1,000,000+ worlds of the IoM and they've held it together for the last 10,000 years. a single chapter (admittedly they were Ultrasmurfs) ended an entire Tyranid hive fleet.

The marine would slay half the squad and the rest would promptly drop to their knees and accept Rowboat as their spiritual liege.

Cagerrin
May 11th, 2010, 09:28 PM
accept Rowboat as their spiritual liege.
theyseemetrolling.gif

Dwood
May 11th, 2010, 09:29 PM
That's because Gordon Freeman isn't even remotely on a level with the other fictional characters being discussed :|

But he's an MIT graduate!

ICEE
May 11th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Bioshock's Big daddy vs halo's Hunters

EX12693
May 12th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Hmm... Covenant vs Combine. Discuss.

ICEE
May 12th, 2010, 12:28 AM
doesn't this technically file under the debate section? since the entire nature of the discussion is pretty much debate

English Mobster
May 12th, 2010, 12:41 AM
I actually saw a well-thought out and reasoned Star Wars Empire vs. Warhammer 40k Empire thread on /v/ the other day. Each side brought up a point and used a link to back it up, but the endgame for Warhammer 40k was when someone posted a link to a Warhammer anthology where it was stated that Warhammer armor was the equivalent to WWI tank armor (major trolling by some official Warhammer devs, apparently).
Prior to that, however, it assumed that the Empire got the Galaxy Gun, Centerpoint Station, Sun Crusher, and the Death Star (making the Empire massively overpowered, even by W40k standards), and there was a general consensus that since the Empire was far more maneuverable, it could dominate in space to space battles and just glass the planet below without a fight (since everyone agreed that the Empire could not win a ground invasion on W40k soil). The final consensus said that the Empire would just Hyperspace to Sol, kill the Emperor from orbit, and watch as the rest of the W40k Empire crumbled.

Either that, or use Centerpoint Station to remotely cause Sol's star to supernova from a galaxy away, ending the problem at its source. Centerpoint Station, in hindsight, is overpowered as FUCK.

CN3089
May 12th, 2010, 01:23 AM
sorry but goku would own everyone well cya

annihilation
May 12th, 2010, 01:27 AM
Bioshock's Big daddy vs halo's Hunters

The Big Daddy, easily.

Cortexian
May 12th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Space Marine weapons are gigantic, heavy as fuck, and have massive recoil. I doubt the Spartans could use them effectively.
When I was into 40k I got my hands on a 1:1 scale and weight (artificially weighted, of course) Bolter and Bolt-pistol collectors replica at a Games Workshop, they were unwieldy, the pistol was as heavy as a real rifle, and I couldn't hold the Bolter in an aiming stance for more than 10-15 seconds... I don't think a Spartan-II would have issues using one if they got their hands on it, the recoil of a .75 caliber would be a bitch but the weight of the weapon would negate quite a bit of it. If the Spartans aimed every shot and stuck to semi-automatic like any well trained force usually does to engage accurately I think they'd stand a pretty good chance.

Warsaw
May 16th, 2010, 07:56 PM
The Big Daddy, easily.

No. Fuel Rod cannon would melt the Big Daddy into a smouldering puddle of molten goo in seconds. The only way for Mr. Bubbles to come out on top is if he catches the Hunter from behind. Big Daddies ain't exactly sneaky.

Also Pooky, bolters should have almost no recoil at all; they are miniature rockets and as such have a low impulse because the projectiles gain their killing potential over distance, and require more distance than a conventional bullet to reach maximum velocity. They would suck massive dick at close quarters. That said, I can see the plasma guns, grenade launchers, shotguns, and stubbers having massive recoil.