PDA

View Full Version : Modern Wafare 2 - Resurgence Pack (Map Pack 2)

BloodyJabs
May 14th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Hey guys, I'm back from an over-extended break from not being online so much but yeah.
Anyway Infinity Ward recently released information on MW2's map pack 2 named the Resurgence Pack.
5 Maps are named Carnival, Fuel, Trailer Park, Strike, and Vacant. Now yeah I haven't even touched COD4 yet, so when I recorded this I didn't know Strike and Vacant are remade.

Turn your volume up too, my microphone is a couple years old and makes me sound like a prepubescent 13-year-old.
MCdQrji_xOA

TeeKup
May 15th, 2010, 02:23 AM
Strike and Vacant? Why not Downpour?

annihilation
May 15th, 2010, 02:31 AM
Last map pack too.

There goes my hopes of having a map based off of The Gulag.
Instead they make another shitty airplane graveyard map.

TeeKup
May 15th, 2010, 02:49 AM
A Gulag map could have been interesting and GOOD. Something this game could stand.

Overgrown not withstanding, People commit heresey on that map and it saddens me. It would have been glorious to find a hidden R700 somewhere laying in the bush.

Pooky
May 15th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Oh cool, more CoD 4 maps bastardized by a substandard game. Let me just go and pay an exorbitant amount of money for this.

sevlag
May 15th, 2010, 06:52 PM
its gonna be garbage anyways...why buy it and remember activision plans on pricing this DLC HIGHER than the previous one because they thought the first one "wasn't expensive enough"

Inferno
May 16th, 2010, 07:07 PM
*Looks at map pack*

*Looks at copy of Call of Duty 4*

... Have I not already payed for these maps before?

annihilation
May 16th, 2010, 07:13 PM
It's funny because I can buy COD4 with all the money I would have spent on MW2 maps.:downs:

Inferno
May 16th, 2010, 07:21 PM
So instead of buying maps you already payed for why not just play said maps in a better game. Such as CoD4.

Donut
May 18th, 2010, 03:01 PM
^ my thoughts exactly. activision can take their map packs and shove them. i guess all you can do when you fire all of your good employees is rehash old maps previously made by said employees.

BloodyJabs
May 18th, 2010, 05:08 PM
My thoughts about the map pack are that, the two maps that were for COD 4 are exactly the same except with having 25 Killstreaks on the game. I haven't played COD 4 so basically I'll be playing 5 new maps to me. But, another thing is that I've seen videos of Vacant, and if an AC130 shoots inside the 'complex' through the openings in the ceiling, the AC130 gunne is bound to get a Triple or a Multi-kill somewhere in that time. Basically, what I'm saying is that people that played COD 4 say that all these Killstreaks are going to ruin the fun on these maps.

ThePlague
May 18th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Probably not going to buy this. Other one wasn't worth the money, and neither is this one.

Donut
May 18th, 2010, 06:17 PM
thats a good point about the new killstreaks. the ac130, chopper, pavelow, etc... are going to make these maps play alot differently.

not to mention that now we have UMP whores.
funny thing with the ump: my left trigger button could be broken and it wouldnt matter. id still do fine with the ump. nice development choice :ugh:
E: and oh my god marathon lightweight tac knife whoring on vacant :gonk:

BloodyJabs
May 19th, 2010, 09:53 PM
I actually wish Infinity Ward (or whoever will be in charge of MW2 after the second map pack) will make a classic COD 4 maps playlist. Crash, Overgrown, Vacant, and Strike, with no Killsreaks, or 3, 5, and 7 Killstreaks on. Just so people that played COD 4 or people that never played COD 4 can play what it was like (again) before MW2.

TeeKup
May 19th, 2010, 11:19 PM
I actually wish Infinity Ward (or whoever will be in charge of MW2 after the second map pack) will make a classic COD 4 maps playlist. Crash, Overgrown, Vacant, and Strike, with no Killsreaks, or 3, 5, and 7 Killstreaks on. Just so people that played COD 4 or people that never played COD 4 can play what it was like (again) before MW2.

Me, Tobi Sings, Friedmetroid and Sever323 have been wishing this for THE longest time.

Pooky
May 20th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Me, Tobi Sings, Friedmetroid and Sever323 have been wishing this for THE longest time.

Well, more specifically I've been wishing for a CoD 4 playlist with NO perks, NO killstreaks, and no perk 1 attachments e.g. noobtubes and grips.

TeeKup
May 20th, 2010, 12:47 AM
More specifically Pooky yes.

Rook
May 20th, 2010, 01:36 PM

Dedi servers lol

ThePlague
June 3rd, 2010, 03:14 AM
Anyone getting it today? I might change my mind, and I just prestiged again.

paladin
June 3rd, 2010, 03:40 AM
I get it fo free, so yes.

annihilation
June 3rd, 2010, 05:09 AM
I get it fo free, so yes.

I want free maps. :saddowns:

Are the new maps any good? I've never played CoD4 so I can't really judge.

TeeKup
June 3rd, 2010, 05:14 AM
The only reason I got the stimulus pack is because my friend got a MS points card for his birthday. He doesn't have live and doesn't intend to for a while so he gave it to me.

I HATE storm.

Salvage is okay...

I HATE bailout.

Overgrown just doesn't feel the same without my Blue Tiger R700...

ThePlague
June 3rd, 2010, 05:37 AM
Storm is awesome on FFA. I usually run around with some sort of SMG and a shotgun (Spas12 mb).

Salvage is pretty BS. Lots of random whoring.

Crash is pretty good. You have your good games and your bad games with it.

Bailout is a campers dream, which pisses me off because I can't usually stay in one place.

Overgrown isn't as good as it was in COD4 imo, just doesn't feel right in MW2.

And I still can't get the new maps :\ They better not be coming out at some stupid time in the afternoon.

paladin
June 3rd, 2010, 08:15 PM
Ill dl them when I get home and let you guys know how awesome they are.

ThePlague
June 4th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Played a couple maps just now, quit because I can't stand any game-type besides FFA or Team Deathmatch.

Fuel isn't as huge as they said it was, and it defiantly isn't made for sniping. (I played it on CTF though, so it might be different on Deathmatch)

Trailer Park is better than I thought, I just kept getting spawn whored so I left. (also played on CTF)

Vacant was pretty good, got spawn whored up the ass on Sabotage though.

Strike seemed pretty good for the few minutes I played, better than COD4 imo. (played Domination on it)

Haven't played Carnival yet, might get back on in a bit and try again.

Played Carnival on Team Deathmatch. It was alright. Not a big fan of it though, because I didn't run and gun at all.

Also played Fuel on Deathmatch, which was all close range. Anyone sniping got insta-raped.

paladin
June 4th, 2010, 05:42 PM
I played Fuel and Vacant. Both were good.

Atty
June 5th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Bought them and played through them, enjoying it. Good way to get back into playing this game and work on some new unlocks.