PDA

View Full Version : ugh, it is a sad day for metal

ICEE
May 16th, 2010, 07:30 PM
If any of you know who he is or give a shit, Ronnie James Dio died today of stomach cancer.

Source (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2010/05/ronnie-james-dio-dies-sabbath-rainbow-singer.html)

He's the best classic metal vocalist you could ask for. RIP

Yoko
May 16th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Uqn34CGO-1U
rip dio ~

Cojafoji
May 16th, 2010, 07:45 PM
yeah, i just saw that.

weak sauce for the loss.

\m/ ;_; \m/

n00b1n8R
May 16th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Holey fuck, breaking news on /b/ was actually accurate. :v:

Sucks for metal fans I guess. :/

annihilation
May 16th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Holey fuck, breaking news on /b/ was actually accurate. :v:

Sucks for metal fans I guess. :/

lol I always dismiss /b/ news.

Still, r.i.p.

PlasbianX
May 16th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Dio, Dimebag, Cliff, and The Rev. All rocking together in heaven D:

rossmum
May 17th, 2010, 08:33 AM
wow fuck my gay life

dio owned. fuck it, he will continue to own.

SiriusTexra
May 17th, 2010, 10:58 AM
What a fail way to die. Widdle out on gut cancer in a bed.

If I knew I was going to die, like, certified known, I'd asked to get ejected from a plane without landing gear. Also film the result.

I'd love to see the world rise beneath my feet as I fly through the air, seeing that ground rushing up to meet you and a quick and painless death. That as a last moment would just fucking kick ass.

ICEE
May 17th, 2010, 12:45 PM
He died as the singer of black sabbath though. You will never have any kind of honor that great.

Con
May 21st, 2010, 11:29 AM
Let's stay on topic please.

Bhamid
May 21st, 2010, 03:18 PM
Best song was Last in Line, but they were all awesome

Needles
May 23rd, 2010, 01:25 PM
:(
Was just starting to get into some black Sabbath stuff too, and the band they formed called 'heaven and hell' before he died.

Bodzilla
May 25th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Paul The bassist from slipknot died just yesterday as well.
It truly is a sad day for metal

SiriusTexra
May 26th, 2010, 03:22 AM
Lol, the 24th of May just get's wierder and wierder and wierder for me.

Watched the press conference they held, not like I really care about them anymore, but I thought it was pretty odd, the band was crying and moaning, and the wife of Paul, was like "Lol he was a cool guy cya bro :iamafag:"

:/

Also, never seen Craig before, only one of them I hadn't. Seeing him the first time, balling his eyes out was pretty wierd.

It's a shame he died at 38. If he died at 27 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club) I'd be conspiring like fuck.

But seriously, bullshit aside it is still kinda odd. Just....dies quiet like a mouse.

What, was he holding his breath to see how long he could do it? I mean, it's a pretty squeaky clean death as far as I've read. Maybe a little too clean for my paranoid tastes. I assume if he was going to off himself he would have given 8 OTHER GUYS HES ALWAYS AROUND some sort of clues or something, even if not intentionally. When your in the state of mind to do yourself, it's pretty obvious.

Guess he was hurting from something.

Probably the great job and music career and fans and wife and money and friends. That shit can get a man down, man.

They're latest album (piece of shit album though) also had some interesting themes about the government too, makes it a little weirder as he's the chief songwriter.

Another weird young famous death to add to the tally I guess.

I'm sure the coroner will come up and say he overdosed on something alone and make it an open shut case again as usual. I mean, it's not like they completely lied about Hendrixes report and they totally didn't find the impossible amount of 3+ bottles of wine inside him and in his hair/clothes, and his manager totally didn't get a heap of money from it, then die 2 years later in a mysterious plane crash. (http://www.thedailyswarm.com/headlines/shocker-jimi-hendrix-was-mudered/)

They certainly also didn't find a piece of paper with practice of Kurts handwriting in Courtney Loves backpack the week he died, which was completely ignored either. (http://www.justiceforkurt.com/investigation/documents/handwriting_practice.shtml)

I KNOW IM A PARANOID FUCK, JUST SAYING.:saddowns: