PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Bad Company 2: the only twitch shooter worth playing

rossmum
May 18th, 2010, 01:42 AM
this thread is for screenshots/problems/amusing anecdotes/whatever the fuck.

i'll start

http://www.project-new-hope.com/upload/images/bfbc2/BFBC2Game%202010-05-17%2021-14-19-58.jpg
I LOVE YOU, OBLIVIOUS SNIPERS

okay so this was on isla inocentes (or however the fuck you spell it, i just refer to it as 'gol island'). i was defending and we'd been pushed back to the village; my brosef kolby was in the same squad as me. he was assault (i think?) and i was engineer (rocking the carl g and pp2000). anyway after not-so-subtly killing their bradley, the two of us (and a third squadmate neither of us knew) managed to sneak by the island and come up onto it.

first thing i see: snipers. one is running away. i hose him down with the pp2000 (probably one of the best short-mid range weapons in the game, if not the best) and then run along the northern coast of the island. i see two snipers, sitting about twelve feet from each other and being completely oblivious as snipers in bc2 generally are. i knife one. the other doesn't notice, despite his own fucking player character yelling "aw fuck man down" in a panicked fashion. kolby follows close behind but i get the knife on the second sniper. i continue along, jumping down from the high point where the mg nest usually is and wow, another pair of retards. kolby is too slow and i knife them both, before doing a victory lap of the island and blowing some stragglers up with my carl g.

game literally owns, only twitch shooter i actually really, really enjoy (despite being one of the least realistic)

Pooky
May 18th, 2010, 03:45 AM
BC2 is pretty fun, the only problem I have with it is the lag. It's good most of the time, but when this game lags it lags. It gets to the point where I can't stand using anything besides the M24, because close combat is so inconsistent.

rossmum
May 18th, 2010, 03:58 AM
yeah bf games have always had shitty netcode, also when i go over my usage cap and get shaped the fucking ea online system WILL NOT LOG IN and if by some miracle it does it won't STAY LOGGED IN ugh

TeeKup
May 18th, 2010, 04:02 AM
Some of the weapons piss me off because they're terribly over powered. Jesus christ the XM8C, M60, M16, AN-94 are essentially Zeus' lightning bolts in your hands. Burst fire in this game is null, it's rapid fire burst fire....

rossmum
May 18th, 2010, 05:16 AM
bro you have not lived until you have used the pp2000

then there's the gustav...

*points at enemies*
*clicks*
WHOOSH
*enemies live just long enough to shit themselves, but cannot dodge the gustav's mighty wrath*
BANG
*everybody is dead*

Amit
May 18th, 2010, 05:54 AM
bro you have not lived until you have used the pp2000

then there's the gustav...

*points at enemies*
*clicks*
WHOOSH
*enemies live just long enough to shit themselves, but cannot dodge the gustav's mighty wrath*
BANG
*everybody is dead*

I agree with this post.

I haven't encountered any lag at all. Any lag that I've experienced was due to a server melting down, so that doesn't count. Game is fun, but repetitive sometimes.

ThePlague
May 18th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Bought this a few weeks ago for Xbawks. It's way better than MW2, and imho better than Reach. It's not a total clusterfuck of everything, and it takes some skill to do good.

Phopojijo
May 18th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Yeah I became a bit of a Gustav whore... it's like Halo's rocket launcher... that flies quicker... comes with 8 rounds from spawn... and in Battlefield.

Find it quite fun to tracer dart people -- scare them with a grenade or something -- then let a rocket chase them (yes, you can lock on foot soldiers who are darted... you can also make the rocket curl by quickly jerking... generally up... with the mouse just before you fire... so you're not aiming at the person but you're doing it quick enough for the lock to not clear... in case you want to fire a rocket from cover or something.)

Oh, and Bad Company isn't a twitch shooter.

rossmum
May 18th, 2010, 06:18 PM
i'm an ro player. anything that isn't ro or arma 2 is a twitch shooter in my eyes

PenGuin1362
May 18th, 2010, 07:43 PM
love bc2, nuff said. except amount of snipers in hardcore = super gay. there needs to be a cap on number of snipers per game.

rossmum
May 18th, 2010, 07:56 PM
it's really annoying too because 90% of them are useless. "OMG I JUST SNIPED THE BLACKHAWK PILOT", well fucking done. here's a fucking lollipop you useless shitbird, while you wasted an entire magazine trying to make an easy shot that some of us make with the fucking weakest pistol in the game they planted and scored because you were too much of a faggot to snipe the one guy standing in plain view by the mcom.

i must admit i am guilty as hell of spawncamping on isla inocentes though. fuck it if dice didn't want me to spawncamp they wouldn't put your spawn in plain view of mine so stop fucking whining you cunts and learn to sprint the fuck out of there before i plug you

ICEE
May 18th, 2010, 09:02 PM
BC2 is just superior to all FPS I've played (except tf2. tf2 still reigns supreme, but that game is an entirely different context). I was thinking of doing a thorough review and comparison of BC2 vs MW2... but why bother.

Also, your steam, rossmum. I require it.

ThePlague
May 18th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Sniping + Motion Sensor + Mortar Strike + Earforce X1 headphones = rape on Xbox

ICEE
May 18th, 2010, 10:30 PM
N, C4 is the best. I use a tommy gun on my assault class because fuck M203's, I want my C4. Now that I've unlocked the 40mm shotgun though that might have to change...

PenGuin1362
May 18th, 2010, 11:14 PM
G3, M1 Garand, and M14 are my top weapons of choice. also in this game hardcore is definitely better than regular

rossmum
May 19th, 2010, 02:52 AM
BC2 is just superior to all FPS I've played (except tf2. tf2 still reigns supreme, but that game is an entirely different context). I was thinking of doing a thorough review and comparison of BC2 vs MW2... but why bother.

Also, your steam, rossmum. I require it.
take a wild guess (hint: it's rossmum)

N, C4 is the best. I use a tommy gun on my assault class because fuck M203's, I want my C4. Now that I've unlocked the 40mm shotgun though that might have to change...
ahahah oh man, the c4 hilarity

i once 'accidentally' teamkilled about 6 people and an mcom station because i blew my 'last ditch weapon' demo charges too early. at least i made up for it later by killing 5 enemies (and 2 teammates) immediately after the fuckers had blown the mcom themselves

G3, M1 Garand, and M14 are my top weapons of choice. also in this game hardcore is definitely better than regular
hell yeah brother, hardcore is where it's at.

Pooky
May 19th, 2010, 02:53 AM
ross, as long as you're playing isla inocentes, make sure you try loading up a UAV with C4 (preferably about 12 charges) and dive bombing the M-COM stations.

rossmum
May 19th, 2010, 03:32 AM
ahahahdhdhsghfhj

holy fucking shit i need to do that

TeeKup
May 19th, 2010, 04:49 AM
My friend Drigs did that to me one match. (where it started) We were about to lose, we had 3 units left and MCOM B was in dire health. He called me onto the UAV, he and his friend Zach loaded my UAV with C4.

You can only imagine the defenders view of sheer confusion and horror as a UAV comes barreling over rocks and bolting over the water to MCOM B and realizing sheer anger as it goes up in what appeared from a distance as a dazy cutter. My most glorious moment in that game.

PenGuin1362
May 19th, 2010, 09:39 AM
omg that's the best idea I need to try that. Best thing ever was when our squad was pinned down by nearly their entire team on white pass so my buddy ran to the building they were all in and planted C4 on the remaining walls then ran and blew it. He killed 7 people...win.

paladin
May 19th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Ive played BC2 for 2 weekends and found it very black and white. Its fun but can be very frustrating. Id say have the time I would leave a match because of the teams being horribly unbalanced or lack of organization. And 3 times out of 4, I'd get placed back into the same game after searching for a new one...

Id say MW2 is a better game to just sit down for 30 minutes and play, at least in MW2 or Halo, if your team sucks, you can still win by carrying your team...

Roostervier
May 19th, 2010, 07:10 PM
gurdy and i used to be assault and place ammo boxes for each other and use a shotgun or m14 so we could use c4. then we would load up a uav with as much as it could hold without some c4 disappearing, take off, blow shit up, then come back and do it again (apparently 5 or 6 c4s don't do damage to uavs, lol!).

Amit
May 19th, 2010, 10:26 PM
gurdy and i used to be assault and place ammo boxes for each other and use a shotgun or m14 so we could use c4. then we would load up a uav with as much as it could hold without some c4 disappearing, take off, blow shit up, then come back and do it again (apparently 5 or 6 c4s don't do damage to uavs, lol!).

I'm sure they fixed that before the game even went retail.

ICEE
May 19th, 2010, 10:57 PM
I'm sure they fixed that before the game even went retail.

you would be wrong

Pooky
May 20th, 2010, 12:23 AM
heh, it still works even on the latest update.

PenGuin1362
May 20th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Ive played BC2 for 2 weekends and found it very black and white. Its fun but can be very frustrating. Id say have the time I would leave a match because of the teams being horribly unbalanced or lack of organization. And 3 times out of 4, I'd get placed back into the same game after searching for a new one...

Id say MW2 is a better game to just sit down for 30 minutes and play, at least in MW2 or Halo, if your team sucks, you can still win by carrying your team...

yeah but I can't tell you how many times that happened to me in mw2 as well as bc2. bc2 is definitely more fun to play with friends. but I do agree, if you're just lookin to kill 30 minutes and not get into anything, mw2 satisfies that need. and when I leave a game in bc2, I hardly ever get put in the same match, mw2 would happen relentlessly

ICEE
May 20th, 2010, 02:11 PM
yeah but I can't tell you how many times that happened to me in mw2 as well as bc2. bc2 is definitely more fun to play with friends. but I do agree, if you're just lookin to kill 30 minutes and not get into anything, mw2 satisfies that need.

The reason is that BC2 is a lot slower paced. However, there is a positive tradeoff: You don't get as many of the twitchy little profaggots with rats on crack voices. I've noticed BC2's community is a lot more mature. It IS a video game, so its not incredibly mature. But its better than cod/halo will ever be.

Also I have zero friends who play this game. I want to experience it with friends so give me y'alls steams.

Amit
May 20th, 2010, 10:52 PM
heh, it still works even on the latest update.

Then an article lied to me? :smith:

ICEE
May 23rd, 2010, 12:03 AM
I discovered the m1 garand, M93-raffica and the AUG. M1 doesn't keep track of my kills though. Kinda bums me out.

E: I wish I could get rid of the grenade launcher on my AUG. I hate it.

TeeKup
May 23rd, 2010, 01:24 AM
The M1 garand is one of the best damn guns you can get.

ICEE
May 23rd, 2010, 01:59 AM
Yeah, I'm excited to try the m14 when I unlock it. Its stats seem to be the same as the m1, but with a higher mag capacity and faster reload.

TeeKup
May 23rd, 2010, 02:04 AM
The Ironsights can be a bit irritating at first but once you get the hang of it its pretty good too.

Warsaw
May 23rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
The M1 garand is one of the best damn guns you can get.

Is it an actual M1 or is it the Japanese knock-off from campaign?

Amit
May 23rd, 2010, 03:05 PM
Is it an actual M1 or is it the Japanese knock-off from campaign?

I've noticed that the Iron Sights on the M1 in Multiplayer are different than the ones in SP. I think it's circular in MP now instead of rectangular like in SP.

Warsaw
May 23rd, 2010, 07:24 PM
So that would mean it's a legit M1 as opposed to the Japanese copy. Awesome. I wondered why they put the knock-off in campaign as opposed to the Arisaka.

rossmum
May 23rd, 2010, 08:00 PM
I discovered the m1 garand, M93-raffica and the AUG. M1 doesn't keep track of my kills though. Kinda bums me out.

E: I wish I could get rid of the grenade launcher on my AUG. I hate it.
the garand and the steyr are pretty sick; the f-2000 is also quite good as it hoses bullets like no other close in (but obviously it's less effective at range).

favourites from each weapon class:

assault rifles - an-94
smgs - pp-2000
launchers - gustav
mgs - up in the air, i like the mg3 but the m60 is the best overall
sniper rifles - gol (hands down)
pistols - 1911 for high power shit, grach for being a bullet hose with pretty decent accuracy

Amit
May 23rd, 2010, 10:21 PM
So that would mean it's a legit M1 as opposed to the Japanese copy. Awesome. I wondered why they put the knock-off in campaign as opposed to the Arisaka.

I still wonder. It feels so out of place. Especially when you can use the Jap SMG, but the Arisaka isn't available. Seems like DICE was lazy.

mR_r0b0to
May 24th, 2010, 07:50 AM
maxed my sniper and assault~~~
working on engineer now
the saiga is so sex, magnum ammo + shotgun accuracy spec
i almost have the m14, can't wait to try it

Warsaw
May 24th, 2010, 01:24 PM
I still wonder. It feels so out of place. Especially when you can use the Jap SMG, but the Arisaka isn't available. Seems like DICE was lazy.

They could've reused the Battlefield 1943 Arisaka if they were lazy. I think it has more to do with them trying to make that island feel like a secret base with high-end stuff (for the Japs), so they gave them M1s as opposed to the terrible bolt actions regulars have.

ICEE
May 24th, 2010, 01:36 PM
They could've reused the Battlefield 1943 Arisaka if they were lazy. I think it has more to do with them trying to make that island feel like a secret base with high-end stuff (for the Japs), so they gave them M1s as opposed to the terrible bolt actions regulars have.

the m1 and the tommy gun and the SMG that was in campaign are actually from battlefield 1943. Model, anims, everything, although they modified the m1 to look like the jap knock off for campaign.

In single player, the m1 feels like it has a bit of aim assist. I've hit and killed people with it when I felt like I wasn't really aiming quite at them, just firing for the suppression value.

the garand and the steyr are pretty sick; the f-2000 is also quite good as it hoses bullets like no other close in (but obviously it's less effective at range).

favourites from each weapon class:

assault rifles - an-94
smgs - pp-2000
launchers - gustav
mgs - up in the air, i like the mg3 but the m60 is the best overall
sniper rifles - gol (hands down)
pistols - 1911 for high power shit, grach for being a bullet hose with pretty decent accuracy

Assault rifles - AN-94 (honestly hated every single AR until the aug.)
SMGs - ak74u
launchers - NONE. THESE ARE FOR AT ONLY GOD DAMN
mgs - m60 is nice, but I like the high accuracy and quicker load time of the g36
sniper rifle - gol, but it saddens me because I have a gold star with the m24. Now that the gol is available to me... its done
pistols - m93r. Its awesome.

I wish the m1 could count kills, it would be the only thing I use on assault, because fuck grenade launchers.

Amit
May 24th, 2010, 01:39 PM

I kind of see the logic in that. I guess those M1 Garands on the island were supposed to be the Type 5 copy that the Japanese were testing. This would kind of explain why there were there to begin with. And maybe the rectangular iron sight was a loosely based version of the tangent sight? Still, the Type 5 Rifle had 10 rounds chambered for the Arisaka round instead of 8 rounds of the .30-06 that the US used. I'm sure it's still 8 rounds in SP. DICE are shifty motherfuckers, but not particularly in a bad way.

Warsaw
May 24th, 2010, 02:20 PM
I'll let them slide anyways, because their weapon audio is fantastic.

Amit
May 24th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Me too.

ICEE
May 24th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Is it just me or do some of the weapons seem disproportionate? Particularly the m1 and the 1911.

Amit
May 24th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Is it just me or do some of the weapons seem disproportionate? Particularly the m1 and the 1911.

Really? The M1, at least, looks right to me. Even if they are, who cares? You should be killing people with said weapons hahaha.

ICEE
May 24th, 2010, 04:42 PM
It's so huge that the character can't even wrap his fingers around it. Real m1's aren't. And I care, because I am an animator. I notice this shit. I'm pretty sure all 3D artists wince when they see something that looks wrong.

Warsaw
May 24th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Well, I can't wrap my fingers around an M1 or an M1911...

ICEE
May 25th, 2010, 01:11 AM
they're not as big as people think, I'm able to grip it a lot better than he does in bc2.

E: Only 22k more EXP till I unlock the m14. SPLEE

rossmum
May 25th, 2010, 03:20 AM
the m1 and the tommy gun and the SMG that was in campaign are actually from battlefield 1943. Model, anims, everything, although they modified the m1 to look like the jap knock off for campaign.

In single player, the m1 feels like it has a bit of aim assist. I've hit and killed people with it when I felt like I wasn't really aiming quite at them, just firing for the suppression value.

Assault rifles - AN-94 (honestly hated every single AR until the aug.)
SMGs - ak74u
launchers - NONE. THESE ARE FOR AT ONLY GOD DAMN
mgs - m60 is nice, but I like the high accuracy and quicker load time of the g36
sniper rifle - gol, but it saddens me because I have a gold star with the m24. Now that the gol is available to me... its done
pistols - m93r. Its awesome.

I wish the m1 could count kills, it would be the only thing I use on assault, because fuck grenade launchers.
plat star on the gol and very near to plat on the gustav B)
honestly the pp2000 is a godgun and i like it way more than the aks-74u. its stats belie its accuracy and power.

I kind of see the logic in that. I guess those M1 Garands on the island were supposed to be the Type 5 copy that the Japanese were testing. This would kind of explain why there were there to begin with. And maybe the rectangular iron sight was a loosely based version of the tangent sight? Still, the Type 5 Rifle had 10 rounds chambered for the Arisaka round instead of 8 rounds of the .30-06 that the US used. I'm sure it's still 8 rounds in SP. DICE are shifty motherfuckers, but not particularly in a bad way.
THANK YOU i was wondering what the fuck kind of rifle that was, i'd never even heard of it until someone actually told me it was a legit japanese attempt to counter the m1

the m1911 is quite huge, it's also quite heavy. as a result it recoils a lot less than you'd expect

ICEE
May 25th, 2010, 03:07 PM
K the AN 94 is absolutely devastating. Fucking awesome gun.

rossmum
May 25th, 2010, 08:34 PM
told you so

also i'm not sure why but i seem able to hipshot people with it with retardedly good accuracy (i only play hc now)

mR_r0b0to
May 25th, 2010, 11:28 PM
which servers do you people play on

rossmum
May 26th, 2010, 03:35 AM
australian ones generally

ea name is, predictably, rossmum

mR_r0b0to
May 26th, 2010, 04:48 AM
:s those would lag for US players no?
im liking the m14

rossmum
May 26th, 2010, 05:45 AM
they would lag as badly as i've had to endure every fucking time i play with any given one of you faggots or other foreign friends for the last five years, harden the fuck up

any ping below 280 is a good ping

Warsaw
May 26th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I've played on Aussie servers in other games (BF2, IL2, RO when they existed, etc.) and I never had a siginificant issue with lag.

ICEE
May 26th, 2010, 04:00 PM
told you so

also i'm not sure why but i seem able to hipshot people with it with retardedly good accuracy (i only play hc now)

me too, I've popped so many headshots without even touching my acog sight.

Amit
May 26th, 2010, 05:00 PM
I've played on Japanese CSS servers and experienced less lag then playing with Europe sometimes.

rossmum
May 27th, 2010, 09:33 PM
me too, I've popped so many headshots without even touching my acog sight.
i just use irons for it and then extra grenades :allears:

I've played on Japanese CSS servers and experienced less lag then playing with Europe sometimes.
the internet does not travel in straight lines

west coast of australia - 70-120
west coast of the us - 200-240
east coast of the us - 260-280
europe - 330-380
asia (yes including the parts directly north of us) - 350-450
northern asia/eastern russia - 500+

ICEE
May 27th, 2010, 11:18 PM
I do that too now ross, with my big sexy m14.

Amit
May 28th, 2010, 02:38 PM
the internet does not travel in straight lines

west coast of australia - 70-120
west coast of the us - 200-240
east coast of the us - 260-280
europe - 330-380
asia (yes including the parts directly north of us) - 350-450
northern asia/eastern russia - 500+

Hmm, probably always just end up joining high latency servers.

PenGuin1362
May 29th, 2010, 09:04 AM
lets face it, no one wants to play failstrailia servers rossman. besides you're used to the lag :)

rossmum
May 29th, 2010, 09:43 AM
I pretty much only play Australian BC2 servers if I can help it, west coast US ones are okay but beyond that it becomes a lagfest thanks to Dice's flawless netcode :lolugh:

Jean-Luc
May 29th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Just bought the game tonight, installing nao.

Hope it's worth it.

Roostervier
May 29th, 2010, 09:25 PM
it is. the first bit is rough until you actually unlock some stuff, but you'll enjoy it.

Sel
May 29th, 2010, 09:59 PM
this game is terrible, if you buy it you should just die or something!

ICEE
May 29th, 2010, 10:51 PM
this game is terrible, if you buy it you should just die or something!

I AM MADE TO BE SO ANGRY BY THIS POST WHOEVER BUILT IT MUST BE A GRAND TROLL

lol but relly, its pretty rough at first when you can't heal as a medic, can't repair as an engineer or replenish ammo as an assault. That is one of few mistakes that I believe dice made with this game.

Amit
May 30th, 2010, 01:59 AM

lol but relly, its pretty rough at first when you can't heal as a medic, can't repair as an engineer or replenish ammo as an assault. That is one of few mistakes that I believe dice made with this game.

I'm sort of confused by that. I was able to do all said things right off the bat. I just unlocked the Defib yesterday, but I've been using it since day 1. I bought the game on steam, but it didn't say I got the Limited Edition. Is this what happens when you buy the game on steam?

rossmum
May 30th, 2010, 02:03 AM
I think the unlocks for those items are broken. I was using the defib well before I was supposed to unlock it, but I couldn't use the ammobox for a game or two after.

e/

the joys of retarded teammates

ross - bc2/sh junkie: WOW
ross - bc2/sh junkie: i spend 10 minutes flanking their entire team
ross - bc2/sh junkie: get in WAY behind their spawn
ross - bc2/sh junkie: pick off their uav, thinking it's safe hovering above
ross - bc2/sh junkie: and am about to mortar a house LOADED with snipers
ross - bc2/sh junkie: when some chucklefuck
ross - bc2/sh junkie: in my OWN SQUAD
ross - bc2/sh junkie: snipes me from across the fucking map.
Linkage: : \
ross - bc2/sh junkie: you'd think in the time it takes to line up a shot at that distance
ross - bc2/sh junkie: a fucking HEADSHOT on a concealed fucking target
ross - bc2/sh junkie: he'd notice the giant fucking green crosshair floating above my head

ICEE
May 30th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I think the unlocks for those items are broken. I was using the defib well before I was supposed to unlock it, but I couldn't use the ammobox for a game or two after.

e/

the joys of retarded teammates

this is one reason I don't play hardcore. I also think they should reduce the collision radius for allies, so its possible to pass each other in narrow corridors. Nothing more irritating than retreating from an M3 bradley and a teammate popping up in my path.

beele
May 30th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Nice game, if it decides not to hang my computer, and force me to do a hard reset :(
And It's not my computer or any drivers, It's just their f***ing game. And I'm also not the only one having the problem!

ICEE
June 4th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Just finished unlocking the last weapon. (it was the UMP 45) question: I thought I was about to get a platinum star for my hand grenades, but I only got another gold star. How many gold stars does it take to earn a platinum?

TeeKup
June 4th, 2010, 11:50 PM
5 if I recall correctly.

rossmum
June 5th, 2010, 01:50 AM
10. I have one for the GOL and one for the CG.

Roostervier
June 5th, 2010, 02:18 PM
yeah for some reason some of the unlocks are broken. i had to earn the defib, but i got the ammo box and engineer tool right off the bat.

ICEE
June 5th, 2010, 02:18 PM
thanks ross. Further questions: what is the benefit of the GRACH pistol? it seems like its inferior to the m9 in pretty much every respect.

Amit
June 5th, 2010, 02:22 PM
thanks ross. Further questions: what is the benefit of the GRACH pistol? it seems like its inferior to the m9 in pretty much every respect.

It has a giant 17-round magazine and a faster fire rate than the M9, making it overall better even though the damage is about the same, regardless of what the ingame stats tell you.

ICEE
June 5th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Thanks. What about the SPAS? I can't find a reason to use it over the 870 or the NS2000

Amit
June 5th, 2010, 10:06 PM
This (http://www.google.ca/url?q=http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefield:_Bad_Company_2%23Weapons_and_Gadgets&usg=AFQjCNF_fpCmaVyB96s60P0l8qSYXAAqGA&sa=X&ei=hRALTOSoNYT78AbMtKSVBw&ved=0CDQQygQ) website will have the advantages and disadvantages of each weapon.

rossmum
June 6th, 2010, 01:21 AM
Ignore the ingame stats, they're full of shit; the PP2000 is supposedly one of the worst guns in the game, yet it is godlike in actual practice. The Grach is the same deal. It fires basically as fast as you can click, it's quite accurate for a pistol, it has a retardedly huge mag, and it's powerful enough (you basically spam bullets with it so it doesn't matter than it takes 3-5 hits in HC to kill someone).

ICEE
June 6th, 2010, 02:36 AM
Ignore the ingame stats, they're full of shit; the PP2000 is supposedly one of the worst guns in the game, yet it is godlike in actual practice. The Grach is the same deal. It fires basically as fast as you can click, it's quite accurate for a pistol, it has a retardedly huge mag, and it's powerful enough (you basically spam bullets with it so it doesn't matter than it takes 3-5 hits in HC to kill someone).

I figured that out when I was able to headshot people with the m93 pistol at sniping range. I also discredit stats that don't account for things such as magazine size or reload speed. thats why I'm asking you guys, is there something special about the spas? I only care because its presently my goal to get all the bronze stars.

rossmum
June 6th, 2010, 11:51 AM
hello faggot children,

gol supremacy~

http://www.project-new-hope.com/upload/images/bfbc2/gol%20supremacy/BFBC2Game%202010-06-07%2002-19-52-31.jpg

Pooky
June 6th, 2010, 02:57 PM
M24 supremacy actually.

So yeah, after a good deal more experience playing this game, I've come up with this proposed change list for the next update.

-Model error with GOL when using RDS or ACOG fixed.

-Magnum Ammo and Armor removed entirely.

-MP 412 rex power increased. Now a 1 hit kill headshot at medium range, maximum of 2 hits to kill at close range. ROF further reduced.

-Recon players targeting with the mortar will now emit a faint but visible tracking laser from their binoculars.

-New slot 2 specialization added for the recon class, 'bipod' will prevent shellshock from explosive weapons affecting scoped aim.

-Grenade launcher effectiveness against heavy armor increased slightly.

-Spelling, grammar, and other errors in the UI fixed. Glitched stats for the M1 Garand fixed.

-C4 damage against heavy armor reduced dramatically. C4 now places more slowly and has a longer delay before it can be detonated.

-40mm shotgun can now use slugs and shotgun ammo upgrade.

-'All kit' weapons can now use optics.

-Assault class now gets faster sprint than everyone else. Sprinting now dramatically slower when using LMGs.

-Defibrillator can now only revive a single player up to 3 times. Cannot revive a player who has been killed by a sniper headshot or explosive. Reviving a player will now automatically reload their weapon
and give them about half a second of double health.

-There is now a visible health meter on the HUD, so players can see their own health level.

-Sniper rifles with RDS or ACOG are now affected by bullet drop.

-Burst fire weapons fixed so they can't be sprayed by pulsing the trigger.

e: added some more

-Players can no longer steal enemy vehicles from their spawn areas, abandoned vehicles are still fair game

-Certain spawn areas (the starting spawns on Panama Canal, for example) are now considered out of bounds for the enemy team.

ICEE
June 6th, 2010, 03:38 PM
M24 supremacy actually.

So yeah, after a good deal more experience playing this game, I've come up with this proposed change list for the next update.

-New slot 2 specialization added for the recon class, 'bipod' will prevent shellshock from explosive weapons affecting scoped aim.

The other ones are all awful. Particularly the C4 damage reduction.

Sel
June 6th, 2010, 03:52 PM

Voicing my opinion is trolling?

lol

Pooky
June 6th, 2010, 04:02 PM
The other ones are all awful. Particularly the C4 damage reduction.

Any particular reasons for your assessment? I posted the bit about C4 damage reduction against heavy armor only, because it's incredibly stupid and annoying for any random Recon or Assault guy to be able to sprint up to a tank, plant 3 C4, and get an instant kill on it in the space of about 2 and a half seconds. Makes trying to use the heavy vehicles almost more trouble than it's worth, since you have to constantly be on guard against random idiots sprinting from around boxes or corners at you with C4 in hand. That's in addition to the vast amount of rockets, mortars, mines, turrets, helicopters, and other tanks that you have to be on guard against already. Bear in mind that none of those (aside from mines) can kill a full health tank instantly, and without the slightest bit of warning or effort on the side of the attacker.

ICEE
June 6th, 2010, 04:09 PM
So you have to watch your ass when driving a tank? waaaah. Tanks have great limitations because they're also ridiculously powerful. Tack on one good engineer and a good gunner, you will get at least 10 kills before someone manages to take you out.

Pooky
June 6th, 2010, 04:11 PM
So you have to watch your ass when driving a tank? waaaah. Tanks have great limitations because they're also ridiculously powerful. Tack on one good engineer and a good gunner, you will get at least 10 kills before someone manages to take you out.

You've clearly never driven a tank when the vasy majority of the enemy team are Recon with C4.

Also you didn't actually read my post

Spelling, grammar, and other errors in the UI fixed. Glitched stats for the M1 Garand fixed.

Unless you think all the UI glitches are awesome and should stay broken. Fly away troll.

e: I should also add that I'd like to see actual reasons why people disagree with my changes. I'll be happy to elaborate on any given point.

ICEE
June 6th, 2010, 04:28 PM
You've clearly never driven a tank when the vasy majority of the enemy team are Recon with C4.

Why the fuck would you drive a tank when the vasy majority of the enemy team are recon with C4?

Also you didn't actually read my post

Unless you think all the UI glitches are awesome and should stay broken. Fly away troll.

Yeah I did, I just accidentally cut that one out as well. I intended to cut out all of your little gameplay changes and not any of the obvious glitches. Apologies.

This discussion has prompted me to make this.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z295/iron_clad_photo/Threats.png?t=1275859540

Pooky
June 6th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Why the fuck would you drive a tank when the vasy majority of the enemy team are recon with C4?

Yeah I did, I just accidentally cut that one out as well. I intended to cut out all of your little gameplay changes and not any of the obvious glitches. Apologies.

You are missing the point of my post in the most horribly embarassing way. Post actual criticism/ideas, not a bunch of smug

ICEE
June 6th, 2010, 05:24 PM
No, I am not. Theres not a fuckton of reason as to why I disagree with your poorly sculpted gameplay ideas that can't be directly inferred from the ideas themselves.

Example: I don't think there should be a laser attached to the mortar strike because the only purposes of that are to A) show the tank that he is being targetted and B) show the location of the sniper. This fucks the sniper over and gives the tank an even bigger advantage.

Don't be such a tool pooky.

Pooky
June 6th, 2010, 05:39 PM
No, I am not. Theres not a fuckton of reason as to why I disagree with your poorly sculpted gameplay ideas that can't be directly inferred from the ideas themselves.

Example: I don't think there should be a laser attached to the mortar strike because the only purposes of that are to A) show the tank that he is being targetted and B) show the location of the sniper. This fucks the sniper over and gives the tank an even bigger advantage.

Don't be such a tool pooky.

The tank is unlikely to know he's being targeted unless the sniper is targeting him from the front, in which case the burden of stupidity is on the sniper. The real point of that is to cut down on the snipers who call mortar strikes on other snipers because they can't aim. It's intended to be the sort of thing that you wouldn't even really see unless you were looking for it, a la the Halo 3 laser pointer.

Also, if you don't have any actual basis for your disagreement, maybe you should quit trying to be a smug troll.

I should add that your childish retaliation rep doesn't really sting much since my rep power is higher

ICEE
June 6th, 2010, 06:30 PM
The tank is unlikely to know he's being targeted unless the sniper is targeting him from the front, in which case the burden of stupidity is on the sniper. The real point of that is to cut down on the snipers who call mortar strikes on other snipers because they can't aim. It's intended to be the sort of thing that you wouldn't even really see unless you were looking for it, a la the Halo 3 laser pointer.

Also, if you don't have any actual basis for your disagreement, maybe you should quit trying to be a smug troll.

I am not trying to troll you. I promise. To show my sincerity, I added responses in bold.

Agreed
-Magnum Ammo and Armor removed entirely.
Magnum ammo is less influential than you think, it generally only decreases hit-to-kill count by one or two (or the equivilent, depending on the weapon). I don't know the specifics of armor though.
-MP 412 rex power increased. Now a 1 hit kill headshot at medium range, maximum of 2 hits to kill at close range. ROF further reduced.
Agreed. It needs a little kick to make it entirely superior to the 1911 in raw power.

-Recon players targeting with the mortar will now emit a faint but visible tracking laser from their binoculars.
We discussed this.

I don't even see the implications of this that arent ridiculous. If a grenade goes off next to you, your scope bouncing are the least of your worries.

Grenade launchers are intended for anti-infantry and terrain destruction. They're overly powerful as it is. Besides, boosting them against armor would only be more discouragement from using the engineer class.

-Spelling, grammar, and other errors in the UI fixed. Glitched stats for the M1 Garand fixed.
agreed

-C4 damage against heavy armor reduced dramatically. C4 now places more slowly and has a longer delay before it can be detonated.
Absolutely not. C4 is vital to taking out vehicles. sticking the c4 on a tank is not as easy as you think, and often results in the user's death even if they do succeed. The element of C4 gives meaning to the light-tank's multiple passengers. They should watch the tank's back while the driver focuses on the main cannon and avoiding mines.

That might be interesting, but entirely silly since that would literally be a giant chunk of metal fired from the m203.

Originally, they could. In the beta, the m14 could be given an acog, (from what I've heard) but it resulted in the m14 being overpowered.

-Assault class now gets faster sprint than everyone else. Sprinting now dramatically slower when using LMGs.
The assault class is already way fucking more combat effective than any other class. LMGs are practically useless unless your standing still or crouching, why fuck medics even harder?

-Defibrillator can now only revive a single player up to 3 times. Cannot revive a player who has been killed by a sniper headshot or explosive. Reviving a player will now automatically reload their weapon
I think the player being revived should have the option of preventing themselves from being revived, instead. This prevents troll medics and point grubbers from abusing a teammate for shits and gigs. Also, it fucking sucks when im trying to edit my loadout and some good Samaritan revives me.

-There is now a visible health meter on the HUD, so players can see their own health level.
Thats just uncool and unneeded.
Agreed.

Spraying burst fire weapons doesn't work so well. It drastically reduces accuracy.

-Players can no longer steal enemy vehicles from their spawn areas, abandoned vehicles are still fair game
How about players can no longer enter enemy spawn areas at all?
-Certain spawn areas (the starting spawns on Panama Canal, for example) are now considered out of bounds for the enemy team.
d'aw you beat me to it.

these are my ideas:

Players cannot spawn on an ally who is about to be hit by a mortar strike, or in the blast radius of an active grenade, or being fired on.

expand the list of spawn choices slightly, so that I don't have to scroll to spawn with the squadmate who is at the bottom of the list.

Add the option to call for a medic if your in trouble. This alerts medics of your location and level of need, as well as offering them a minor point bonus (1 or 2 points) for coming to your aid. This idea is in no way taken from tf2.

Add the option to call for an engineer if your vehicle is damaged. The automaticly generated dialog is not good enough, because the player who says it is unaware that he has said it and that an engineer may be coming.

Add dialog for the engineer to let the vehicle driver know he is repairing his vehicle so they don't DRIVE THE FUCK AWAY AND DIE.

Add dialog to request ammo from the assault class.

Update the weapon stats to include clip size, bullet velocity, and handling (reload speed, etc)

Update pistol firing animations so that the slide goes back... please....

And by the way, I have more rep power than you. lol.

Pooky
June 6th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Magnum ammo is less influential than you think, it generally only decreases hit-to-kill count by one or two (or the equivilent, depending on the weapon). I don't know the specifics of armor though.

The point is not that it's too powerful, but that it's too fucking common. Just as has been seen with Call of Duty 4/MW2, having a perk in the game that increases your bullet damage means that all other perks in that slot become very unpopular. I'd much rather see people using creative and intelligent class setups than every fucking plebian in the match using magnum ammo.

Agreed. It needs a little kick to make it entirely superior to the 1911 in raw power.

That's exactly my point. I feel like the rex needs more to distinguish it from the other pistols, at present it's basically just a less useful 1911.

We discussed this.

Indeed.

I don't even see the implications of this that arent ridiculous. If a grenade goes off next to you, your scope bouncing are the least of your worries.

Hand grenades aren't the only explosives. This is again intended to reduce the effect of snipers using mortar on each other. The shellshock when sniping is ridiculously overdone, and it's frustrating to miss a perfect shot because there's a mortar strike going off 30 yards away from you.

Grenade launchers are intended for anti-infantry and terrain destruction. They're overly powerful as it is. Besides, boosting them against armor would only be more discouragement from using the engineer class.

I disagree about the grenade launchers being overly powerful, I always felt like they weren't useful enough compared to the Engineers rocket launchers. Grenade launchers recieved a pretty harsh nerf in the last patch, and now they're even less useful. I'm not saying that grenade launchers should be as effective against tanks as the RPG, but I think they should be at least slightly better than they are now.

Absolutely not. C4 is vital to taking out vehicles. sticking the c4 on a tank is not as easy as you think, and often results in the user's death even if they do succeed. The element of C4 gives meaning to the light-tank's multiple passengers. They should watch the tank's back while the driver focuses on the main cannon and avoiding mines.

C4 is intended for demolishing buildings and objectives. I find it pitifully easy to pop around a corner and drop all my C4 on a tank, then suicide for a free kill. It's cheap, annoying, and takes away from the immersion of the game. There are a huge number of other, less retarded ways to destroy the tanks. With that said, you could probably lose the damage reduction and just keep the rate of fire reduction.

That might be interesting, but entirely silly since that would literally be a giant chunk of metal fired from the m203.

What do you think a grenade is?

Originally, they could. In the beta, the m14 could be given an acog, (from what I've heard) but it resulted in the m14 being overpowered.

I'm aware that they could, however 'overpowered' in this case is a matter of opinion. People already spam bullets across the map with virtually every other weapon in this game. I don't see what would be the harm in bringing the M14 and G3 up to par.

The assault class is already way fucking more combat effective than any other class. LMGs are practically useless unless your standing still or crouching, why fuck medics even harder?

It's the whole point of the Assault class to be more combat effective than any other class. Personally I get sick and tired of seeing 'stealth medics' who spend the entire game sprinting around and coming up behind people. It's retarded, and not the role that the medic is supposed to fill. The Medic is supposed to be the one guarding the objectives, reviving and handing out health packs. Not sprinting around the map hip spamming people with the M60. It all comes down to better defining the roles of classes and weapons, as we discussed with the MP 412 rex. If you don't think LMGs are effective on the move, I suggest you try the M60 or M249 with 'marksman' LMG training.

I think the player being revived should have the option of preventing themselves from being revived, instead. This prevents troll medics and point grubbers from abusing a teammate for shits and gigs. Also, it fucking sucks when im trying to edit my loadout and some good Samaritan revives me.

I agree that you should be able to opt out of revival, but don't forget that some people want to be infinitely revived. Case in point, I've been in situations where my squad sniper steadily picked off every single enemy guarding their objective while I revived him every time he got shot. After a while it just gets stupid, the effort people put into getting kills should be validated rather than rejected. As for the reloading aspect, you can't tell me it's not incredibly frustrating when you die with an empty mag, only to be revived and then shot again while you were still reloading.

Thats just uncool and unneeded.

How? It's stupid and annoying that you can see everyone elses health bar, and they can see yours, but you can't see your own. The grunting, panting, CoD shit that serves as a health meter currently does an incredibly bad job of showing how much health you have. Really, I can't see how you could possibly argue against a health meter.

Spraying burst fire weapons doesn't work so well. It drastically reduces accuracy.

The M16 and AN-94 are intended to be mid-range marksman weapons, NOT close range spray hoses. Both of these weapons have very high bullet damage to start with, being able to spray them at close range essentially renders the full auto assault rifles pointless. For that matter, I've been extremely effective at spraying the M16 at long range, and most people I encounter seem to do so as well.

How about players can no longer enter enemy spawn areas at all?

Not all vehicles spawn in the main spawn areas.

these are my ideas:

Players cannot spawn on an ally who is about to be hit by a mortar strike, or in the blast radius of an active grenade, or being fired on.

Agreed.

expand the list of spawn choices slightly, so that I don't have to scroll to spawn with the squadmate who is at the bottom of the list.

This might be unique to the PC version, I've never had a problem with the spawn selection on 360.

Add the option to call for a medic if your in trouble. This alerts medics of your location and level of need, as well as offering them a minor point bonus (1 or 2 points) for coming to your aid. This idea is in no way taken from tf2.

Add the option to call for an engineer if your vehicle is damaged. The automaticly generated dialog is not good enough, because the player who says it is unaware that he has said it and that an engineer may be coming.

Add dialog to request ammo from the assault class.

These are already in the game???

Update the weapon stats to include clip size, bullet velocity, and handling (reload speed, etc)

While they're at it, they could make the weapon stats less inaccurate.

Update pistol firing animations so that the slide goes back... please....

Definitely.

And by the way, I have more rep power than you. lol.

That was a bluff. Neither of us can even see the other's rep power. lol.

dot

ICEE
June 6th, 2010, 08:28 PM
The point is not that it's too powerful, but that it's too fucking common. Just as has been seen with Call of Duty 4/MW2, having a perk in the game that increases your bullet damage means that all other perks in that slot become very unpopular. I'd much rather see people using creative and intelligent class setups than every fucking plebian in the match using magnum ammo.

Removing something because everyone uses it is entirely silly. People would just rage, then find a new thing to whore. Explosive enhancement anyone?

Hand grenades aren't the only explosives. This is again intended to reduce the effect of snipers using mortar on each other. The shellshock when sniping is ridiculously overdone, and it's frustrating to miss a perfect shot because there's a mortar strike going off 30 yards away from you.

I guess I haven't sniped enough to know what your talking about.

C4 is intended for demolishing buildings and objectives. I find it pitifully easy to pop around a corner and drop all my C4 on a tank, then suicide for a free kill. It's cheap, annoying, and takes away from the immersion of the game. There are a huge number of other, less retarded ways to destroy the tanks. With that said, you could probably lose the damage reduction and just keep the rate of fire reduction.

I disagree. Arguing about the purpose of stuff seems... silly.

What do you think a grenade is?

Thats what I'm saying. A 40mm slug would essentially be a grenade that doesn't explode. It could have a higher velocity and range, however.

It's the whole point of the Assault class to be more combat effective than any other class. Personally I get sick and tired of seeing 'stealth medics' who spend the entire game sprinting around and coming up behind people. It's retarded, and not the role that the medic is supposed to fill. The Medic is supposed to be the one guarding the objectives, reviving and handing out health packs. Not sprinting around the map hip spamming people with the M60. It all comes down to better defining the roles of classes and weapons, as we discussed with the MP 412 rex. If you don't think LMGs are effective on the move, I suggest you try the M60 or M249 with 'marksman' LMG training.

The entire concept of classless weapons defeats the purpose of defining classes, to be honest. If you want to run faster, use the lightweight specialization.

I agree that you should be able to opt out of revival, but don't forget that some people want to be infinitely revived. Case in point, I've been in situations where my squad sniper steadily picked off every single enemy guarding their objective while I revived him every time he got shot. After a while it just gets stupid, the effort people put into getting kills should be validated rather than rejected. As for the reloading aspect, you can't tell me it's not incredibly frustrating when you die with an empty mag, only to be revived and then shot again while you were still reloading.
I guess it depends on the situation. frankly, if you get revived and shot before you can reload your weapon, you probably wouldve been shot even if it had been full. Reviving is pretty disorienting. As for the other story, I guess I can see the worth of limiting revives.

How? It's stupid and annoying that you can see everyone elses health bar, and they can see yours, but you can't see your own. The grunting, panting, CoD shit that serves as a health meter currently does an incredibly bad job of showing how much health you have. Really, I can't see how you could possibly argue against a health meter.

You don't need a health meter, or percentage. You know based on the screen effects exactly how fucked you are. Theres no real strong argument for or against meters.

The M16 and AN-94 are intended to be mid-range marksman weapons, NOT close range spray hoses. Both of these weapons have very high bullet damage to start with, being able to spray them at close range essentially renders the full auto assault rifles pointless. For that matter, I've been extremely effective at spraying the M16 at long range, and most people I encounter seem to do so as well.

I have not shared that experience with the m16. Abakan has been much better though.

Not all vehicles spawn in the main spawn areas.

Then they aren't technically belonging to any team. If they spawn near a capture point, they could be considered belonging to the team that owns that point, but even then nothing should stop the other team from taking the vehicle.

These are already in the game???

They are, but they're not player caused. There should be a button that you press to call for a medic, and hud elements will appear (on the radar or as a marker) to help guide the medic to the need. As of now, they're pretty ineffective. Really you are relying on the medic seeing your health bar. This function could be limited to non-hardcore servers I suppose. Also, there is currently no way to inform a friendly tank that you're repairing it. 9/10 times, they drive away while I'm fixing them up. (my experiences)

That was a bluff. Neither of us can even see the other's rep power. lol.

dot

a

Member list's sort by rep function tells you who has more rep, and repping power can be figured out from there

rossmum
June 7th, 2010, 01:17 AM
so many posts since but whatever

Any particular reasons for your assessment? I posted the bit about C4 damage reduction against heavy armor only, because it's incredibly stupid and annoying for any random Recon or Assault guy to be able to sprint up to a tank, plant 3 C4, and get an instant kill on it in the space of about 2 and a half seconds.
In my experience, that random recon or assault guy is lucky if he can get two sticks of C4 on a tank without being spotted and shot to ribbons, let alone the third and then detonate them. I've been killed with C4 maybe... five times? Each of those times, my team's infantry were off being retards and not moving up with my tank. When your team is actually switched on enough to know what's up, the only way I've had any success killing tanks are with mortars, indirect-fire CGs, and fuck, that's about it.

Makes trying to use the heavy vehicles almost more trouble than it's worth, since you have to constantly be on guard against random idiots sprinting from around boxes or corners at you with C4 in hand. That's in addition to the vast amount of rockets, mortars, mines, turrets, helicopters, and other tanks that you have to be on guard against already. Bear in mind that none of those (aside from mines) can kill a full health tank instantly, and without the slightest bit of warning or effort on the side of the attacker.
That's exactly how it should be. The tank has the potential to shit on every other thing on the battlefield (especially with a secondary gunner and/or alt weapon) and the only thing that makes it fair is its chronic lack of visibility. That's why you have a friend moving up with you on foot, or maybe a second tank watching your back - it should be their place to look out for infantry threats, not yours. Mutual protection of armour and infantry is one of the simplest and most effective tactics going.

Yeah, see above.

To be fair you won't really know until it's too late, but if you repeat the mistake, you deserve it.

This discussion has prompted me to make this.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z295/iron_clad_photo/Threats.png?t=1275859540
This is fucking amazing and possibly the truest thing ever.

rossmum
June 7th, 2010, 01:40 AM
double post but you can eat my dick if you don't like it

M24 supremacy actually.
Then how come all the best snipers choose the GOL and make retardedly long shots with ease :allears:

So yeah, after a good deal more experience playing this game, I've come up with this proposed change list for the next update. Ross in bold red

-Model error with GOL when using RDS or ACOG fixed. Yes

-Magnum Ammo and Armor removed entirely. No. I don't see too many people using armour and the same goes for magnum ammo. Most people I've played against seem to prefer marksman; then again I have played HC exclusively for the last two months or so.

-MP 412 rex power increased. Now a 1 hit kill headshot at medium range, maximum of 2 hits to kill at close range. ROF further reduced. I've never used it but I die a lot to it; won't pass comment as I'm not really familiar with it.

-Recon players targeting with the mortar will now emit a faint but visible tracking laser from their binoculars. No. We already have huge fuck-off tracers giving our positions away, we don't need another thing - much less one that's there for more than a split second. As it is I have to time my shots so nobody will follow the tracer back to me and pop me, this would make my job impossible. If you're in a tank, you shouldn't be surprised if you get mortared after sitting in one spot for more than a few seconds; hell, it's your own fault and you should be kicking yourself for doing something so stupid. The mortar is also useful for destroying sniper cover, area denial, and just wiping out a whole lot of enemies at once (especially if you can catch a fresh wave of reinforcements piling into a helicopter). Given its already lengthy recharge time and the fact you generally have to expose yourself for several seconds to lock a target, I think it's fine the way it is.

-New slot 2 specialization added for the recon class, 'bipod' will prevent shellshock from explosive weapons affecting scoped aim. Interesting, but I'm not sure. I just hold my fire when shit's exploding around me; it's annoying and usually means a few missed opportunities, but I honestly don't know if it's worth turning that into a specialisation. There are others I'd rather see, like perhaps 'no tracer' or something else which aids not giving your position away every time you take a shot.

-Grenade launcher effectiveness against heavy armor increased slightly. GLAs are for infantry, not tanks. The fact they damage armour at all (even light armour) is already pretty :ugh: for this sperglord, but it's acceptable as the CGs usually use all their ammo on infantry; making GLAs actually somewhat effective against any kind of armour defeats the purpose of the ammo box. Find an engie, give him ammo, let him handle the tank. Any patches should be increasing incentives to work as a team, not demolishing them.

-Spelling, grammar, and other errors in the UI fixed. Glitched stats for the M1 Garand fixed. Agreed, although more than just the M1 needs fixing - a lot of the stats are way off.

-C4 damage against heavy armor reduced dramatically. C4 now places more slowly and has a longer delay before it can be detonated. See my previous on C4 and armour.

-40mm shotgun can now use slugs and shotgun ammo upgrade. Please not slugs. I'm seriously getting sick of some prick with an 870 getting a headshot on me from across the map, and although they're supposedly nerfing it to fuck and back with the next patch, I wouldn't be surprised if it's still extremely overpowered. Adding that kind of firepower to the exisiting power of an assault rifle would be ridiculous. Ammo upgrade is fine, but not slugs.

-'All kit' weapons can now use optics. YES. PLEASE THIS.

-Assault class now gets faster sprint than everyone else. Sprinting now dramatically slower when using LMGs. I'd honestly give faster sprint to recon too, since the class name is recon after all. Agree with the LMGs, perhaps also the M95.

and give them about half a second of double health. This. I cannot count the number of times some idiot medic has watched me get sniped, revived me, and then I've been sniped again. Sometimes it gets so bad I end up sperging out over team chat to try and get them to fuck off and just let me respawn. You want more revive points? Then go revive the 10 guys who just got mown down over at the objective, stop shitting all over my ratio.

-There is now a visible health meter on the HUD, so players can see their own health level. I play HC so this doesn't affect me either way

-Sniper rifles with RDS or ACOG are now affected by bullet drop. They weren't? :ohdear:

-Burst fire weapons fixed so they can't be sprayed by pulsing the trigger. Go away I love my AN-94 and you cannot touch it you horrible person :maddowns:

-Players can no longer steal enemy vehicles from their spawn areas, abandoned vehicles are still fair game If you can get into an enemy spawn area, particularly on a large, open map with a full server (Arica, looking at you), then you fucking deserve that vehicle as a reward, man.

-Certain spawn areas (the starting spawns on Panama Canal, for example) are now considered out of bounds for the enemy team. As much as I love creeping into the enemy spawn there and fucking with them (usually sabotaging vehicles or picking their guys off from behind, I try to avoid spawnkilling on any map except Isla Inocentes - "if DICE didn't want me to spawnkill you, they'd learn basic level design principles and put your spawn out of sight of mine"), I can see how this would have a positive effect, since most people only go to the enemy spawn to spawnkill.

TeeKup
June 7th, 2010, 03:00 AM
I tended to dominate in tanks but its hard to follow the first two pictures of that post when Mines and Mortar are being used in tandem.

rossmum
June 7th, 2010, 04:24 AM
oh my god just then, marksman headshot +467

with the m24

Pooky
June 7th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Ross bear in mind that a lot of the things I posted assume you're playing core mode on the 360. I find that there simply aren't enough people in a match on the 360 to watch every possible corner of the map, making crouching around the edge of the map way too fucking easy. For that matter, once spawn killers are set up, they're ridiculously hard to get rid of since they can just camp around boxes or whatever and spawn on eachother.

e: 'All the best snipers' is a matter of opinion. I'm most definitely better than any of the GOL using scrubs I've come across :)

rossmum
June 7th, 2010, 06:24 AM
I play HC on PC and give no fuck for consoles, they can do whatever they like to the 360 version as long as they leave ours alone

Pooky
June 7th, 2010, 06:26 AM
I play HC on PC and give no fuck for consoles, they can do whatever they like to the 360 version as long as they leave ours alone

HC on the 360 is pointless as all shit anyway. Every time I've tried it its been all snipers all the time.

rossmum
June 7th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Occasionally on PC you'll run into a team like that, but pretty quickly they learn that shit don't fly and start using other classes. I generally see no less than a quarter of a team sniping, though. On smaller maps I take mid-range rifles like the SVU or maybe even a G3 and go from sniper to knifer, it's good fun and provides a pretty awesome challenge :haw:

Pooky
June 7th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Yeah, I get the feeling that on 360 HC is where all the scrublords who can't get sniper headshots go to try to feel skilled.

I tended to dominate in tanks but its hard to follow the first two pictures of that post when Mines and Mortar are being used in tandem.

And that leads to the reason for half the shit I posted. There's 2 things that annoy me more than anything else in this game. C4 faggots that blow up the tank instantly without any warning or skill, and snipers who mortar other snipers because they suck too much to headshot them. I've literally been in situations where it feels like I'm playing fucking zombie defense or some shit because of the sheer amount of people trying to charge me with C4. Seriously, the ROF for C4 needs to be reduced.

ICEE
June 9th, 2010, 12:14 AM
How do I get kills with the t88 sniper or the SVU? I'm trying to get bronze stars on every weapon but these in particular make it difficult.

rossmum
June 9th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Wouldn't know with the T88; haven't used it online. The SVU can be a bitch but aim for chest/headshots if you can get them. I only play HC so I can only advise you on that, but in my experience 1-2 shots is usually enough. The trick is hitting them as the recoil is weird; it seems you can basically double-tap it before the scope settles and you'll hit more or less the same spot. I tend to only use the SVU at short ranges but I know there are people who will happily snipe from half the map away with it.

ICEE
June 9th, 2010, 01:45 PM
I've been trying it with a 4x scope at generally short range. hasn't worked out so well yet.

rossmum
June 9th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Yeah, it generally doesn't unless you're really sneaky about it. Take only shots you can hit and be ready to switch to your pistol and start blasting, that seems to sort of work for me (sometimes). :ohdear:

Phobias
June 10th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Just bought this game, am I cool now?

rossmum
June 10th, 2010, 07:27 AM
no, you're never cool

Warsaw
June 11th, 2010, 03:29 PM
So, we finally bought CoD4:MW and after playing it, I've decided that I'm going back to Bad Company for good.

Amit
June 12th, 2010, 11:24 PM
So, we finally bought CoD4:MW and after playing it, I've decided that I'm going back to Bad Company for good.

Da fuck? MW1 is fucking awesome. BC2 is more enjoyable on a grand scale, but when you just wanna kill shit and not be cheap about it *cough* MW2 *cough* then play some COD4.

rossmum
June 13th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Had some wicked (if extremely cheap) fun last night with some random high-pinger, creeping behind enemy lines on a conquest-only server and planting C4 on their best vehicles. We were sitting in spawn waiting, then as soon as someone took it and got outside of the spawn (just to avoid a kick for spawnkilling), BOOM. It was pretty fucking hard to get through their lines, and there was a constant risk of being spotted. Fuck, Sabotage should be a gametype.

mR_r0b0to
June 13th, 2010, 07:19 AM
pic of tank threats

This is fucking amazing and possibly the truest thing ever.

wait the repair gun can be used to kill tanks wat

rossmum
June 13th, 2010, 07:43 AM
yeah it does small yet constant amounts of damage

it basically un-repairs them

ICEE
June 13th, 2010, 10:42 AM
I've blown up about as many tanks with it than I have with rockets. its a good finisher

Phopojijo
June 13th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Also -- tracer dart lock-ons do not disappear when you move your crosshairs away from the square right away. You can quickly figure out how to fire a rocket so it curls around corners and still hits the target.

Makes firing from behind cover VERY easy.

As if playing in a tank wasn't hard enough... now you can be killed by people who are behind like 20-foot-high cover.

rossmum
June 14th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I've taken to using the Gustav as an improvised Javelin. It fucking wrecks. The thing can turn on a dime.

The only problem is that after a certain distance, it flattens out - so you can only use this effect to fire over cover. You can't hit a tank behind cover of its own unless you're extremely (<80m) close.

ICEE
June 14th, 2010, 10:02 PM
whoah, good bit of info! thanks guys

Phopojijo
June 15th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Heh, I was playing in a clan fun match -- stuck the clan founder with a tracer -- let him run away (he knew he was stuck but didn't know where I was).

He was around a corner of a building -- so I did the lock trick... BAM :p

rossmum
June 16th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Yeah they lock on infantry too, it owns

Phopojijo
June 16th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Yeah but the point was -- around a building :p

Actually a funny one was against the Russian attack chopper in Port Valdez... somehow it decided to orbit the chopper like 5 times. Oddly enough without straightening out.

rossmum
June 17th, 2010, 01:24 AM
I think the moment of epiphany for me was when I fired a CG at a chopper which was flying at great speed in the opposite direction, but about 10 seconds later I got the kill anyway as the missile did a fuckoff U-turn around the entire map and hit it right in the tail

ICEE
June 17th, 2010, 01:32 AM
I have never used the tracer. If I can't hit something with a rocket, I don't know how I'm supposed to hit it with a tracer dart. Is there a trick to this? I think the best kill I ever got with a CG was jumping off the roof of a collapsing building under heavy fire, deploying the parachute and hipfiring it at a slowly descending (it was chasing me) helo between its salvo-bursts.

Double kill + 30

TeeKup
June 17th, 2010, 03:10 AM
Lead the target relative to it's distance from you.

rossmum
June 17th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Yeah, lead it if you can or wait until it gets close. I tend to trace tanks from point-blank, zip behind something solid and then Jav it over my cover; for choppers, I try and get under them as they slow down. If something's more than about 100m away, it's a real bitch to trace; don't waste them as you don't carry many darts.

Is anyone else fucking amazed by how few people know how to actually use the damn things?

TeeKup
June 17th, 2010, 05:36 AM
I am. I liked using the tracer, you can be a real DICK with it. Yet I barely saw anyone using it. It can be very useful in defending ValparaÃ*so on Rush.

It doesn't matter how good of a Blackhawk pilot you are ( not to toot my own horn but I was a damn good one), once you get a tracer on you, you better start evading like hell if you want to stay in the air, even then its fucking hard.

I typically stuck to engineer and vehicles, I was an OKAY sniper and solider. I unlocked everything for the medic then never touch it again, I consider it a sin to even use such an overpowered class, even after the update.

Give me an Abrams or a T-90 and I'll bombard you into hell, give me a Blackhawk or a Havoc and I'll have your head spinning trying to keep me in your sights.

rossmum
June 17th, 2010, 08:00 AM
I'm a retarded good brain surgeon at long ranges but the whole close-in sniping thing isn't my cup of tea; up close I'll either switch to a more useful weapon and go around coverly C4ing and knifing oblivious snipers when I can, or I'll go engie.

I saw a fair few people use tracers, but assume that you can just fire a CG and it'll track by magic straight out of the tube :ugh:

Phopojijo
June 17th, 2010, 11:57 AM
I have never used the tracer. If I can't hit something with a rocket, I don't know how I'm supposed to hit it with a tracer dart. Is there a trick to this? I think the best kill I ever got with a CG was jumping off the roof of a collapsing building under heavy fire, deploying the parachute and hipfiring it at a slowly descending (it was chasing me) helo between its salvo-bursts.

Double kill + 30You keep your crosshairs over it (it's easier scoped in) until the box stops flashing and numbers appear under it.

Amit
June 17th, 2010, 03:55 PM
One of my best moments in BC2 was on the map Laguna Alta. I jumped off the cliff near the bridge and fell towards an enemy soldier who was running up the road to disarm B. I came down upon him and sliced him up good in the head. It was so ninja. Lol, he said he had no idea where I came from. Not to mention, it was the only time this damn game has ever let me kill somebody with the knife with only one attempt.

ICEE
June 17th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Knife is pretty glitchy. I've stood there knifing a sniper for like 30 seconds before giving up and using the power tool/ sidearm

rossmum
June 17th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Yeah. The fact that Russians seem to enjoy joining the Australian servers en masse just exacerbates things, since our net connection to Russia seems to do about three or four laps of the equator somewhere along the way.

Phopojijo
June 20th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Knife is pretty glitchy. I've stood there knifing a sniper for like 30 seconds before giving up and using the power tool/ sidearmActually that was... intentional. It's getting patched out whenever they can QA the patch they made back in May and sent to EA Romania to test but couldn't because of Romania's mass transit strike.

The bad timing to "screw with the knife and see how it works" was unintentional though :p

((Actually, apparently it will be available either the 23rd or the 28th depending on how quickly Valve does their QA for Steam compliance... no Valvetime jokes please.))

=sw=warlord
June 30th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Update Released
Product Update - Valve
Updates to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.

All game servers will need to be taken down for updates. The maintenance period starts on Wednesday Jun 30th at 07:00AM (GMT+2). Most of them should be back up by 11:00AM (GMT+2).

Changelog:

Server - Some potential sources for lag/rubberbanding have been eliminated
Server - The old reserved slots has been replaced by a kick-on-demand system like in BF2
Server - Log file for server admins: all remote admin interface commands/events are logged
Server - Log file for server admins: major server events + all chat messages are logged
Server - Idle kick is controllable
Server - Profanity filter can be disabled
Server - Teamkill-kick system is controllable
Server - Ticket counts and bleed rate are controllable per-level
Server - Infantry only mode available per-level
Server - Initial spawn delay and respawn delay are adjustable
Server - Server description can be up to 400 characters, and use "|" for line breaks
Server - Banlist can contain up to 10.000 entries
Server - reduced latency in packet handling

Admin Interface - fixed the player.onKill spam that occasionally happened
Admin Interface - ensured that player.onJoin events always report the player name
Admin Interface - events triggered when people spawn
Admin Interface - much more info on kills
Admin Interface - detailed stats are reported at end-of-round

Gameplay - Various minor level bugfixes
Gameplay - Helicopter handling has been tweaked
Gameplay - Weapon tweaks have been implemented based on PC public feedback
Gameplay - Tracer dart gun speed has been changed from 300 m/s to 200 m/s
Gameplay - Fixed technical hang when a crate was armed outside of the combat area
Gameplay - "Victory is near" message was shown for the wrong team on Valparaiso, this has been fixed
Gameplay - Countermeasures can be fired when driving a helicopter
Gameplay - The brightness of the pilot view in the Russian helicopter has been reduced
Gameplay - Advanced Spotting scope works better
Gameplay - Knifing people in the back works again (we backed out the change that we had done for Server R11)
Gameplay - Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement
Gameplay - G36 now has crosshair when in Hardcore mode

Server Browser - Servers are sorted into 3 categories: Normal, Modified, Hardcore depending on their settings
Server Browser - Added support for retrieving update progress
Server Browser - Now refreshes information
Server Browser - Join queue system when attempting to join a full server
Server Browser - All settings are automatically saved between sessions
Server Browser - Pings are sent via an alternate mechanism, which should work for non-Administrator users as well

Client - Fixed DX9 issue, which likely caused graphics glitches and perhaps crashes
Client - Fixed some crashes
Client - Toggle/hold crouch is user controllable
Client - Toggle/hold zoom is user controllable
Client - Vsync bugfixed for DX10/DX11
Client - Rewritten how settings are written to disk; this should reduce/eliminate the spawn lag
Client - Fixed bug where a player could join a server before the stats has been downloaded causing faulty stats in "EOR- unlock progression"-screen
Client - New chat system allows chatting when dead (but not during end of round) and keeps a 100 lines log
Client - Improved Play Now functionality
Client - Removed K/D ratio and Skill Level filters in the leaderboards
Client - Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score
Client - Reduced negative mouse acceleration
Client - Increased health on the Cobra to match other vehicles
Client - More informative disconnection/kick reasons
Client - Support for Map Packs so PC gets future VIP maps at the same time as consoles

The Balance tweaks are as followed:
Slightly increased the damage of the UZI at long range.
The AKs74u now has more felt recoil when aiming.
The G3, VSS, and all SemiAutomatic rifles now settle slightly faster between shots when aiming.
The PKM, Type 88LMG, G3, An94, and 40mm shotgun have returned to their former glory.
Increased the damage of the MG3 to bring it in line with the rest of the LMGs.
Fixed a bug where the Saiga12 with slugs would do too much damage at long range.
Fixed a bug where the SVU would do too little damage at long range.
Fixed a bug where M95 rounds would not kill armored targets with headshots..

Timo
June 30th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Went round to my brother's flat to play this today, definitely want to buy this D:

rossmum
June 30th, 2010, 08:15 AM
welp game broken

chatbox all intrusive and gay and flashes across half the screen every time someone talks, 'reload' randomly bugs onto screen and won't fuck off, m95 now a useless piece of shit (may as well throw marshmallows for all the damage it does)

i genuinely hope they don't fix it. the game gets progressively more fucked up every time dice touches it

Timo
June 30th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Half the time I played there was massive text flashing on the screen, middle centre. Is that useless admin babble or something?

rossmum
June 30th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Probably.

Rook
June 30th, 2010, 12:58 PM
welp game broken

chatbox all intrusive and gay and flashes across half the screen every time someone talks, 'reload' randomly bugs onto screen and won't fuck off, m95 now a useless piece of shit (may as well throw marshmallows for all the damage it does)

i genuinely hope they don't fix it. the game gets progressively more fucked up every time dice touches it

you just realize the game isn't worth playing what is this

Amit
July 1st, 2010, 12:24 AM
Apparently Hardcore got removed from the update...somehow.

TeeKup
July 1st, 2010, 02:35 AM
Wait a minute....WHAT!?

rossmum
July 1st, 2010, 06:03 AM
Apparently Hardcore got removed from the update...somehow.
That would probably explain it

Cortexian
July 6th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Bought this when it was on sale, now level 9. Enjoying Recon and Medic classes, really want the MG36...

rossmum
July 6th, 2010, 06:31 AM
game broken, now has gay expanding hitboxes to appease the cs kiddies who can't handle having to lead targets

fuck you dice. fuck you. you had a good game and you wrecked it

Cortexian
July 6th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Hitboxes seem fairly regular to me, still better than some of the shooters I've played.

What does the sighting scope thing for the sniper rifle do? From what I can tell it just automatically functions like the "q" key at calling out any enemies you see?

Amit
July 6th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Hitboxes seem fairly regular to me, still better than some of the shooters I've played.

What does the sighting scope thing for the sniper rifle do? From what I can tell it just automatically functions like the "q" key at calling out any enemies you see?

Yup, except I'm not sure it ever worked in Hardcore....well, at least we have no doubt that it will work now because hardcore was removed.

ICEE
July 6th, 2010, 03:30 PM
game broken, now has gay expanding hitboxes to appease the cs kiddies who can't handle having to lead targets

fuck you dice. fuck you. you had a good game and you wrecked it

Pretty much this. What the fuck.

Cortexian
July 6th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Hardcore is still in game... I've played multiple games with it, although I have to admit I'm not a fan. It's fun on MW2 but it doesn't work for me on BFBC2.

Amit
July 6th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Hardcore is still in game... I've played multiple games with it, although I have to admit I'm not a fan. It's fun on MW2 but it doesn't work for me on BFBC2.

It appears to be in game, but its functionality is broken. DICE fucked it up so you can't enjoy it.

TeeKup
July 6th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Was this applied to the Xbox version as well? If so I won't be getting it back.

rossmum
July 6th, 2010, 09:45 PM
no trust me, the gui stuff and the superficial things like no crosshair, on-screen icons, etc. are still there, but the actual core of the gametype is broken. it takes a retarded amount of shots to kill anything now, even with the m95.

Cortexian
July 6th, 2010, 11:45 PM
no trust me, the gui stuff and the superficial things like no crosshair, on-screen icons, etc. are still there, but the actual core of the gametype is broken. it takes a retarded amount of shots to kill anything now, even with the m95.
Oh yea, that's what I haven't been liking it. I guess if it's broken that's why!

ICEE
July 8th, 2010, 12:55 AM
please change the title of this thread to include a disclaimer "(Note: no longer worth playing)"

Thanks

Timo
July 8th, 2010, 01:38 AM
Finally get to play this, and I get a "please try again" message everytime I try to enter my key from steam :|

Cortexian
July 8th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Steam wasn't letting me install BFBC2 on my laptop via backup copy today either, "Steam servers to busy" garbage.

Amit
July 9th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Finally get to play this, and I get a "please try again" message everytime I try to enter my key from steam :|

I didn't have to enter my key. Usually when I buy games on steam, it shows me the key in the Overlay, but I never have to input it into the game.

Steam wasn't letting me install BFBC2 on my laptop via backup copy today either, "Steam servers to busy" garbage.

That's strange considering it installs using a local drive.

Timo
July 9th, 2010, 04:32 PM
The problem disappeared yesterday thankfully. This game owns, except for RP fucking Gs.

Cortexian
July 9th, 2010, 07:18 PM
I was also able to restore from my backup dvd's the day after I posted, I guess Steam was just failing?

343guiltymc
July 30th, 2010, 07:22 PM
http://kotaku.com/5600834/theres-a-battlefield-3-beta-invite-in-your-medal-of-honor-limited-edition
So apparently Battlefield 3 does exists.

iizahsum
July 30th, 2010, 08:20 PM
so they made Bad company two, Then took everything from that plus some and made Medal of Honor, Now they are going to throw everything from those two into this? wait isn't that basically a Medal of Honor expansion? Wait no they'd both be Bad company expansions? wait no.....

I kinda hope that Battlefield 3 is different from Moh and BC. I know MoH is supposed to be the more realistic/serious one now but I just didn't feel it in the beta, I felt like I was palying hardcore BC2.

Amit
July 31st, 2010, 10:20 AM
EA is just fucking people around now. If your pre-ordered BC2 they let you into the beta first. If you pre-ordered MoH AND owned BC2 they let you into that beta early too. Guess what? Now they're using MoH as an excuse to throw out another beta because they know people will pay just to see a glimpse of BF3. And all the betas have sucked massive cock so far. MoH was barely playable.

If BF3 is anything like BC2, and MoH, I think the real Battlefield fans should all fly to sweden and kick DICE's ass for bending over to EA and turning a good series into a pile of shit.

iizahsum
July 31st, 2010, 10:24 AM
I don't have a problem with the betas, Infact they gave away MoHs beta for free after like a week so there was no need to preorder or anything. I have a problem with them making two games that are so simmilar (multiplayer wise, I still thnik MoHs sp will be somewhat diff.) that it is basically $50 DLC. If Battlefiled 3 dosn't bring anyhting new to the table I won't touch another dice game.

Also WHERE THE FUCK IS MY BATTLEFIELD 1943 PC!

343guiltymc
July 31st, 2010, 10:42 AM
If they make Battlefield 3, it better have mod support. I want to see what the frostbite engine is really capable of in the hands of modders.

rossmum
July 31st, 2010, 10:56 AM
Someone give me a heads-up when they unfuck BC2's hardcore because until then it's not worth even playing it okay tia

Kyle
July 31st, 2010, 02:14 PM
If they make Battlefield 3, it better have mod support.

If they make Battlefield 3, it better have 64 player maps like in Battlefield 2.

And it should be PC only. I'm just saying what everyone here is thinking.

Amit
July 31st, 2010, 02:29 PM
Someone give me a heads-up when they unfuck BC2's hardcore because until then it's not worth even playing it okay tia

Uninstalled it to make room for SCII

Alwin Roth
August 1st, 2010, 07:49 AM
Sooooo....

Battlefield Vietnam looks interesting...

rossmum
August 1st, 2010, 09:34 AM
Only if it doesn't go the way of BC2 and get broken after only a few months of solid, enjoyable and pretty addictive gaming

Amit
August 2nd, 2010, 09:50 PM
Sooooo....

Battlefield Vietnam looks interesting...

I don't understand why they call it that. There was already a Battlefield: Vietnam. A good game too.