PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Controller + Windows

Hunter
May 24th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Okay, I finally have my AlienWare M11x laptop, now all I need to do is get an Xbox controller as I hate using keyboards when gaming.

Only problem is I don't have the proper Xbox360 Controller for Windows, but I do have an Xbox 360 Controller (Wireless) and a Play and Charge kit. So I installed the drivers and plugged the controller in, which Windos recognised as "Wireless Xbox 360 Controller via Play and Charage Kit". But of course by pressing the middle button to turn the controller on my Xbox was turned on.

Can I actually use this controller and if so how do I connect it to the laptop?

annihilation
May 24th, 2010, 01:55 PM
You can't use that kind of controller; it needs to be a wired controller.

E: Actually, I think you would need a wireless hub to use a wireless controller.

Hunter
May 24th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Dammit, goota buy another controller now :/ Already got like 4..

=sw=warlord
May 24th, 2010, 02:04 PM
No need to get another controller. (http://www.game.co.uk/Accessories/Xbox-360/Controllers-and-Accessories-Controller-Accessories/Xbox-360-Crossfire-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver/~r329957/?d=1z13fvhZ1z13mmvZ1z13fr4)

Hunter
May 24th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Cool, that will work. Thanks, will get thatr next week.

I need to find a good game I can use to test this laptop with :)

sevlag
May 24th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Cool, that will work. Thanks, will get thatr next week.

I need to find a good game I can use to test this laptop with :)
that cretas lag when playing games online, dont recommend getting it (own that piece of garbage myself)

ICEE
May 24th, 2010, 06:27 PM
The wired xbox 360 controller works great. Wireless ones, no matter what hookups I've tried, suck ass. There is definite lag. I don't see why people choose wireless ones even if they don't want to hook it to a PC. They're more expensive, heavier, rely on batteries and are less functional than wired ones.

StankBacon
May 24th, 2010, 07:02 PM
i never had lag using my 360 wireless controller on my pc... dont know what you guys are talking about.

Phopojijo
May 24th, 2010, 08:51 PM
It introduces a little bit of lag... VERY little bit of lag. Negligible though.

And just because you play on the PC doesn't mean you need to like Mouse and Keyboard. I play several games like Arkham Asylum and Conviction with the gamepad. You have the choice... just like it should be.

Hunter
May 25th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I will get a wired one then. Is the wired one specifically different so it works with windows, or does a normal wired xbox controller work?

=sw=warlord
May 25th, 2010, 11:19 AM
I will get a wired one then. Is the wired one specifically different so it works with windows, or does a normal wired xbox controller work?
normal wired xbox controller works perfectly fine.

Hunter
May 25th, 2010, 11:52 AM
normal wired xbox controller works perfectly fine.
Okay cheers :)