PDA

View Full Version : The end of an era: 24 series finale (Spoilers likely)

Jean-Luc
May 24th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Well guys...it's been a long road, 1 year shy of a decade. 24, one of the most highly acclaimed dramas of all time, has finally come to an end.

I gotta say, I think they went out on a high note. Season 8 is quite possibly my favorite behind season 5; the drama, the acting, the writing...all of it was phenomenal. Jack's character went to areas we've never quite seen before, the show went darker than we've seen it go before.

Well done Season 8, you gave 24 a proper send-off to the series, and I'd like to thank the writers, directors, and the actors for doing an amazing job, even after Season 6, which many regard as the series lowest point. Goodbye 24.

Okay, that was a bit melodramatic, but it's always a big deal to see a favorite show finally end. If you're going to put spoilers in this topic, please spoiler them. Discuss the finale, discuss the series, whatever you want.

jcap
May 24th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Great ending to a great series. That's exactly how I expected it to end too. This was definitely one of their best seasons ever. The relations between all of the characters from previous seasons and all of the twists were brilliant. Jack was the most badass ever.

I'm going to miss this show a ton. Even though past seasons were getting old, this season brought back the writing that got me hooked on the show in the first place. The format of this show was brilliant, and that's what I am going to miss most. The idea of 24 hours in a day, each episode is one hour, 24 episodes in a season is brilliant. The clock has become a staple of the show, instantly recognized by anyone. While almost every show out there today is totally linear and serial, 24 was parallel. It wasn't just one event happening, but there were several, and they were conveyed using the multiple scenes on screen at once. Everything was executed perfectly.

annihilation
May 25th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Can someone recap it for me? I was held up with school work and I missed it.

jcap
May 25th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Can someone recap it for me? I was held up with school work and I missed it.
Why wouldn't you watch it?