PDA

View Full Version : Law questions about working in Mass.

Wakeboy1337
May 26th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Alright so here's the story, I drive a car that is registered to my parents that I have all the intentions in the world of buying. They know this and they have no problem with me taking this car where ever I want to. Now this summer I'll be moving up to Mass. to live with my girlfriend and her dad and all that I'm taking is the car and whatever I can fit in it.

Florida law states that if you are working in FL the car needs to be registered in FL.

What if the car is insured and owned by people living in Florida and used for work in mass. with the owner's permission? Am I going to have a big problem on my hands? Mass. members I need your knowledge!!

Mass. website is just about useless so far.

Cojafoji
May 26th, 2010, 10:54 PM
if it's just for the summer, there's no need to change the registration etc.

Wakeboy1337
May 27th, 2010, 12:46 AM
I'm staying up there. Then When I can pay my parents all at once I was gonna change the registration.

sleepy1212
May 27th, 2010, 07:56 AM
I used to live in FL near an AFB, lots of people moving in and out. It used to be that you had six months. If the car was going to be in the state for that long it has to be changed.

if you're staying in MA then wait to switch ownership from your parents and jump right to the MA tag. might save yourself some money over getting your FL tag and switching later.