PDA

View Full Version : Splice: Impressions?

DarkHalo003
June 4th, 2010, 07:54 PM
So the movie Splice is now in Theatres for viewing pleasure (or not pleasure) and I just thought to create this thread to relay it's impressions. What do y'all think? Anything to say? Lasting impressions?

My opinion:

*If you a furry, this may upset you.
I spoil the movie's climax
It starts with a rant about stuff
If you've seen it, go ahead

HERE IS THE RANT AND MAY OFFEND PEOPLE. IT'S WHAT I IMAGINE WATCHING TWO GIRLS AND ONE CUP WOULD BE LIKE:
The movie was good for a time. A time when boundaries that have been created stood firm. Well this movie crosses those boundaries in a lot of ways. Not only is there a seen where the creature and the male creator do the nasty, but then later the creature rapes the female creator. So this leaves the basic idea of: WHAT THE FUCK? I mean, THAT JUST HAPPENED? I THOUGHT PEOPLE WERE GOING TO GET ATTACKED BY A MONSTER FOR 3/4 OF THE MOVIE, BUT NOT HAVE SEX WITH IT. WHY? I'M 17, HAVE SEEN MOVIES ABOUT GANG RAPE (British Movie i forgot the name) AND I HONESTLY THINK THIS IS BEYOND R. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE??!!!!

NOW HERE IS THE LEGIT, NON-EMOTIONAL REVIEW:
With the aforementioned scenes now discussed, I want to say that the plot and twists were very good. Not only did it keep you guessing most of the time, but it also kept you thinking something was going to jump out at you every second. I was also glad the movie involved more than a mindless monster and more akin to a misunderstood Frankenstein. The animation work was also beyond belief. It was extremely realistic (even the scenes you probably wished weren't) and I found the human-to-3d art (they used a French actress as a basis for the monster with 3d enhancements and junk) very good, even more so with the beginning species and the human-hybrid species (after it hatches). If the movie did not feature the weird scenes it did (you know what) and the scientists didn't make you want to strangle them for sheer stupidity, then this movie would have been good entertainment. However, those scenes and characters' tragic flaws make the movie great in retrospect because it wasn't corny in the aspects that most other movies probably would have sunk in. Those scenes also contribute heavily to the plot and show that science can be extraordinary devastating (not making this a statement). The movie was good and for those who are looking for SciFi mainly, it's definitely a pick. For those of you who want horror, it's more of a thriller than a pure horror film, but the ending sequences can be a bit freaky. I think if you want to see a movie for entertainment and don't mind NSFW (involving a humanoid), then it'd definitely a movie worth at least renting.

mech
June 5th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I saw the commercial, they had phallus craniums.

Cojafoji
June 5th, 2010, 02:56 PM
i saw a trailer for it like a month ago. looks fucking terrible.

Alwin Roth
June 5th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah, the movie is stupid... in my opinion.

Syuusuke
June 5th, 2010, 04:20 PM
They have sex with it

What

Alwin Roth
June 5th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Then it gets stabbed right when it came...

Sel
June 5th, 2010, 04:52 PM
a friend and me are gonna watch this tonight, will post thoughts afterwards.

annihilation
June 5th, 2010, 11:52 PM
I still can't get over the sex scene. Oh god it's like Neytiri went through Chemo.
I havn't seen anything so fucked up since The Masters of Horror - Jennifer.

rossmum
June 6th, 2010, 12:58 AM
I hadn't even heard of it but it sounds like absolute shit so who cares

Also that movie you're trying to think of wasn't A Clockwork Orange by any chance was it

DarkHalo003
June 11th, 2010, 10:24 PM
I hadn't even heard of it but it sounds like absolute shit so who cares

Also that movie you're trying to think of wasn't A Clockwork Orange by any chance was it
The British one? I think so. That movie was all sorts of WTF. Basically, that was the one thought that ran through my mind as I watched it. Hell, it's probably the most deranged/weird movie I've seen (I've seen some weird ones, such as Splice).

PopeAK49
June 13th, 2010, 01:27 AM
I watched this movie last sunday. You know, I thought this movie was really going to calm my mind two days after I had to put down my cat but then some bullshit had to happen and made me literally cry.

Worse movie ever, the thing spreads it's wings and shit during the rape scene, I mean what the fuck.