PDA

View Full Version : Help with Mold

bleach
June 12th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Just twenty-five minutes ago, I ate several pieces of moldy mango (not dried mango) and I didn't notice that it had a slightly white fuzz or something growing on it, until my dad told me it was mold. A minute after eating that stuff, I used Scope mouthwash. [Sorry for the number of questions.] Will I be fine or will I experience anything (e.g. nausea, diarrhea, etc.)? Should I take any action regarding this matter?

Thanks for helping.

Syuusuke
June 12th, 2010, 10:05 PM
You should be fine when you take a shit.

Til then, probably worse case is you'll throw up.

If you feel fuzzy, relax, take a break from whatever you're doing. If you weren't doing anything, then

As long as you didn't eat a full dinner plate of mold, I think you'll be fine. I accidentally ate mold (and I don't mean "cheese") and I ended up with diarrhea (not sure if that was the direct cause) and felt better moments later.

You'll be fine.

iizahsum
June 12th, 2010, 10:14 PM
You should be fine when you take a shit.

Til then, probably worse case is you'll throw up.

If you feel fuzzy, relax, take a break from whatever you're doing. If you weren't doing anything, then

As long as you didn't eat a full dinner plate of mold, I think you'll be fine. I accidentally ate mold (and I don't mean "cheese") and I ended up with diarrhea (not sure if that was the direct cause) and felt better moments later.

You'll be fine.

this, 1 mango shouldnt do anything. You obivously couldnt tell there was mold on it when you first saw it, so you should be fine.

DarkHalo003
June 12th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Yeah, your stomach (if you have a normal one) should be able to take the mold easily. The side effects that Syuusuke said are still possible, but it won't severely injure or kill you (unless you're allergic). And if our words don't soothe you, people eat moldy bread and cheese (consciously and without realizing it) daily without concern, so you'll be okay under normal circumstances.

iizahsum
June 12th, 2010, 10:20 PM
In fact bread is made with yeast which is related to mold. Moldy fruit can make alcoholic beverages as well so you should be good.

bleach
June 12th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Thanks for all of your help. I don't know what would have done without your words of advice. +rep to who I can

Syuusuke
June 12th, 2010, 11:37 PM
In the rarest, most severe case, your intestines will crawl up your throat and choke you from the inside.

bleach
June 13th, 2010, 09:55 AM
The mango slices were in a clear, plastic container full of air in a refrigerator.

In the rarest, most severe case, your intestines will crawl up your throat and choke you from the inside.
I hope the variables won't imply anything as threatening as that.

paladin
June 13th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Youll be fine. That kind of mold isnt harmful to you. Now black mold in bathroom, I would advise not to eat because that can kill you.

SnaFuBAR
June 13th, 2010, 11:00 PM
shit when i saw this topic i thought you were talking about black mold. was about to tell you break out the bleach/water mix and spray that shit down.

paladin
June 14th, 2010, 12:08 AM
That only works if theres a small amount. If theres more than a certain amount, you need to complete tear out all drywall and potentially framing. Black mold is something you never want to see...

Timo
June 14th, 2010, 06:17 AM
You guys aren't talking about just any mold that is black, right?

NullZero
June 14th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Media sensationalism has caused a great deal of fear about black mold. But not all black molds are toxic, and not all toxic molds are black.

Stachybotrys chartarum and Aspergillus niger are 2 of the black molds that are toxic, ie., they produce mycotoxins (http://www.mouldfacts.ca/toxic-mold.html). These two black molds may be found growing in moisture damaged buildings.
Stachybotrys chartarum is the infamous black mold initially associated with respiratory distress and the deaths of infants in Cleveland, Ohio in the 1990's. When wet, Stachybotrys looks greenish black and slimy, but can also look sooty and black. It's been associated with a number of symptoms some of which are highly controversial, including inflammation of the skin, cough, running nose, nose bleeds, a burning sensation in the mouth and nasal passage, cold and flu symptoms, headache, general fatigue, and fever. It may also cause pathological respiratory changes.
Aspergillus niger is dark gray to black, looks dry, and is very different from Stachybotrys. Health effects associated with Aspergillus niger include allergy and infection of the respiratory system especially in individuals with weak immune system.
Non-toxic black molds

But there are many other types of black mold that are not toxic at all, although they could be allergenic. The most common is Cladosporium, which normally has no known toxic side effects. Cladosporium is common both inside and outside.
Most of us come in contact with Cladosporium every day with no ill effect at all. Symptoms from heavy exposure are usually an increase in allergy and asthma symptoms.
Other molds that may appear black include Ulocladium, Stemphylium, Pithomyces, Alternaria, Dresclera, and Aureobasidium. None of these are known to produce highly potent mycotoxins; therefore, none of these are toxic molds but some such as Alternaria can cause severe allergy symptoms.

1char

Timo
June 14th, 2010, 07:33 AM
1char

I know that, I just was hoping they weren't dousing their bathrooms with chlorine because there's a black dot in the corner of the shower.

NullZero
June 14th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Fair enough. My quoted article was just to give general awareness to those who see black mold and "OMG burn it with fire!"

paladin
June 14th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Yeah ok, the mold thats black in moist areas of your house is bad.... For the most part, mold can be control as snaf said, with a bleach/water concentrate spray. Just spray it on the area where the mold is and let it dry and air out for 2-3 days.

ExAm
June 16th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Mold shouldn't bother you, you're bleach.

Timo
June 16th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Mold shouldn't bother you, you're bleach.

http://filedump.panzerwaffle.org/images/emot/emot-golfclap.gif

Bodzilla
June 17th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Thread: Help with mold

Poster: Bleach

:raise:
bitch u trollin

TeeKup
June 18th, 2010, 05:13 AM
I Just laughed, hard.

Syuusuke
June 18th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Drink some bleach to get rid of that mold!