PDA

View Full Version : Black Prophecy - Eve contender?

NullZero
June 13th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Just saw this game, which has entered into the closed beta stage. Apparently you can directly control your ship instead of point and click:

http://www.mmorpgspot.com/logos/logo_black_prophecy.jpg

Features according to the official site:

NEXT-GENERATION GRAPHICS
Black Prophecy uses the latest in graphics technology to produce breathtaking visuals.

FAST-PACED ACTION COMBAT
Black Prophecy is more action-oriented than a traditional space simulation. We are trying to avoid long travel times or other activities where the player isn't really doing anything.

EXCITING PLAYER VS. PLAYER COMBAT
Black Prophecy allows players to organize big PvP battles and also offers varied PvP missions.

CAPTIVATING STORY
Black Prophecy's universe, story and background has been created by the award-winning Sci-Fi author Michael Marrak.

MODULAR SHIP DESIGN
Player ships are not sold as whole, but instead consist of modules like cockpits, wings, engines etc. All these modules are available in different shapes and sizes, which allows the players to customize their ships.

ITEM MODIFICATION SYSTEM
In addition to the modular ship design, players can also further customize their ships by adding modifications to their ship's modules and weapons.

MODULAR CLAN STATION SYSTEM
Player clans can build clan stations that are expandable through a module system. Different modules add different functionalities to the station.

RESOURCE SYSTEM
Clans can fight each other to conquer resource stations.

AWARD AND MEDAL SYSTEM
Similar to an achievement system, players can earn medals and awards for performing specific tasks.

TACTICS SYSTEM
Players can learn and execute breakneck flight manoeuvres.

Youtube video with game play:

Ik61--E0EgY

Official Site: http://www.blackprophecy.com/index.php?id=6

Confirmation about the game being F2P:
http://www.mmorpg-center.com/black-prophecy-free-to-play"

Black Prophecy will have items, but it has been confirmed that the items will also be able to be acquired without RL money. (it has been confirmed in the official forums)

neuro
June 13th, 2010, 03:48 PM
this game registered on my win-dar a week ro two ago, definately looking forward to this, heck i even sent an apllication to them :P

FireDragon04
June 13th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Trailer was SICK. And for F2P this is a must play.
The in cockpit stuff looks amazing, reminds me of Freelancer and other old flight combat space sims that I can't remember names off...haha.
Looks great though, i guess this will be Jumpgate Evolution's direct competition, rather than EVE.

n00b1n8R
June 13th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Oh awesome, a space MMO where I can break out my old joystick!

I want to get out of my ship and walk around on planets and inside my ship and in stations and go for space-walks, why won't somebody cater for this simple fetish. :smith:

Oh spacebuild, atleast you still love m-*crash*

;_____;

NullZero
June 13th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Oh awesome, a space MMO where I can break out my old joystick!

I want to get out of my ship and walk around on planets and inside my ship and in stations and go for space-walks, why won't somebody cater for this simple fetish. :smith:

Oh spacebuild, atleast you still love m-*crash*

;_____;

bloody hell this this this

Amit
June 13th, 2010, 10:06 PM
bloody hell this this this

Star Trek Online?

ThePlague
June 13th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Holy shit that looks awesome!

Warsaw
June 14th, 2010, 01:34 AM
So basically what I saw was X3 multiplayer with less time wasted running between gates and objectives and customizable ships. Would that be too far off the mark?

Also, they better fucking have Wing Commander or Tachyon-style afterburners...as unrealistic as it is, I hate space combat sims without them; it feels so awkward. Still, this game looks interesting enough.

Con
June 14th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Sweet game. Hopefully there's an open beta.

NullZero
June 14th, 2010, 04:12 AM
Star Trek Online?
Sorry, didn't like it. Perhaps something closer to Infinity Universe.

Con
June 14th, 2010, 01:47 PM

They're working on some of that for EVE.

Warsaw
June 14th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Oh, new questions: can we pilot capital ships and can we have fleets?

n00b1n8R
June 14th, 2010, 07:40 PM
They're working on some of that for EVE.
But will me and a squad of mates/AI be able to board an enemy ship, fight out way to the bridge, vent the atmosphere in all other sections and claim it as our own?

Bastinka
March 6th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Sorry for the bump. but I thought it would be noteworthy to announce that it is in open-beta right now. I'm about to download it and try it out here: http://www.blackprophecy.com/index.php?id=20

Warsaw
March 6th, 2011, 02:11 PM
This is indeed noteworthy. Downloading now.

Cortexian
March 6th, 2011, 06:29 PM
If some of you try this out, let me know how the games learning curve is in comparison to Eve and other popular MMORPG's. If it's normal, I'd be willing to give it a try.

Warsaw
March 6th, 2011, 06:43 PM
It's going to be far less than EVE because it's a completely different play-style. This game is action-oriented, EVE is strategy-oriented.

Cortexian
March 6th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Basically I want Freelancer (http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/) in MMORPG form. If this is that, I'm in.

Rooster
March 7th, 2011, 12:45 AM
I want a non-MMO space shooter. MMO's scare me. lol

Cortexian
March 7th, 2011, 01:30 AM
Go play Freelancer then, it's amazing.

Warsaw
March 7th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Basically I want Freelancer (http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/) in MMORPG form. If this is that, I'm in.

That's basically what this game is. I have a friend who's been in the beta since the closed one started, and it plays like that.

ThePlague
March 7th, 2011, 03:38 PM
I still haven't gotten the activation email :(

neuro
March 8th, 2011, 01:54 AM
black prophecy was a bit of a letdown for me.

SUPER-repetitive.
the controls are bad too.

Warsaw
March 8th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Joystick or M/KB?

Amit
March 8th, 2011, 10:03 PM
WTF no matter what I do I can't login at the game menu. I've used all their help suggestions to no avail .

Warsaw
March 8th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I never even make it to the main menu. The game hasn't crashed (Task Manager says it's running a-ok), but I have a black screen.

Amit
March 9th, 2011, 06:29 AM
I never even make it to the main menu. The game hasn't crashed (Task Manager says it's running a-ok), but I have a black screen.

Well, when I start the client the screen goes black for about 15 seconds, then the Dev videos show, then back to a black screen for 15 seconds. I always make it to the main menu, but I can't login. When I created my Black Prophecy account, it also named my Gamigo account that same name. So I am able to log in on the website, but I'll use the same info in the login box and it gets rejected. And I've made sure that it is the correct case and everything. I'll make a new account and try again.

Warsaw
March 9th, 2011, 03:16 PM
They haven't activated your in-game yet; that's a separate thing. They haven't done so for me, either. They said they do it in batches, so wait for a third verification email. Retarded? Yes.

I just wanted to get to the main menu to make sure it worked, but no dice. I don't honestly see how this game can be any more demanding than X3 is/was; graphically they are about the same.

neuro
March 14th, 2011, 02:53 AM
yeah you can use mouse/kb and joystick.

have fun wrestling the controls though.

also, all the dogfights revolve arouns SPIN IN CIRCLES!!

TeeKup
March 14th, 2011, 02:57 AM
Banshee dogfights? In my Black Prophecy?

...Goddamnit....

Warsaw
March 14th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Hate to break it to you, but that's the definition of a dog fight. If you aren't spinning in circles, you're booming and zooming. Booming and zooming is not a dog fight.