PDA

View Full Version : Hey G20 protestors, just go home. Seriously.

bravo22
June 26th, 2010, 08:49 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/06/26/g20-saturday-protests.html

It's pretty frustrating when there are these many idiots who think that freedom of speech and freedom of violence/destruction are the same thing. I don't hold it against anyone who marches through the streets in a peaceful protest - after all that is merely freedom of SPEECH and everyone should have the right to voice his/her opinion. But smashing businesses that have absolutely nothing to do with the G20, burning police cars and buildings, vandalizing public property, is just going way too far. It's no longer a protest against the G20. It's mindless, unjustified criminal activity. I fail to see how the Starbucks is related to the G20, so why smash it up? All I see is a sick-minded quest to cause trouble for others. I bet most of them don't even care about the G20 at all, sort of like how PETA activists don't actually care about animals but just want an excuse to do retarded things.

What scares me is that the violence has taken place just mere steps away from my university campus. If these assholes are going to try burning down campus buildings, the police had better give them a good beating before throwing their worthless asses into prison.

Personally, I agree with the protesters that the G20 summit is just stupid (a less wasteful/ostentatious alternative would be for all the leaders to stay home and use Skype. Seriously.) It's a waste of tax money, the road closures are inconveniencing thousands of people, and it's not like any revolutionary action to improve the world will come out of it. But the fact is, the decisions were made, the summit will take place, and there's nothing anyone can do about it short of bringing in terrorists to blow up the meeting place. As much as I wish the G20 summit didn't have to take place in Toronto, I'm even more opposed to the kind of needless violence that's erupted over it.

rossmum
June 27th, 2010, 06:54 AM
I'd agree on the 'like PETA' sentiment... I'd wager a good proportion of the troublemakers are little more than rowdy anarchists looking for any excuse to smash shit up and fight 'the man'.

sleepy1212
June 27th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Remember the "Battle of Seattle"? pretty retarded. Didn't happen in Pittsburgh though.

Mass
June 27th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Honestly, it probably was anarchists. Especially the starbucks--that was anarchists, and we all know it.

Really completely senseless, but there are a lot of people out there just waiting for their chance to do these things.

Amit
June 27th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Uhh, well I saw Air Force One sitting on the tarmac yesterday. That was pretty cool. Other than that, I've seen no G20 related things.

CN3089
June 28th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Honestly, it probably was anarchists. Especially the starbucks--that was anarchists, and we all know it.

Really completely senseless, but there are a lot of people out there just waiting for their chance to do these things.

No actually that was me, I was protesting against shitty coffee. In a firebomb sort of way.

sdavis117
June 28th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Worst part was, there were about 10,000 peaceful protesters who protested in the predetermined area set aside for them by city officials, but the 100 violent ones are going to give them a bad rep.