PDA

View Full Version : Yesterdays Are Gone

Kornman00
June 28th, 2010, 11:10 PM
So a while back (early 2008) I was doing nothing at work and thus listening to my ipod. One of the songs I had on it was an instrumental version of a song called "Commence the Rocking" by my friend's band The Fabulous!. The song itself probably dates back to around 05 or 06. I never got a chance to ask my friend for an updated version with lyrics so I figured that I would write some to go with the backing track. Note: Later on after showing the lead singer this I did get to hear the version with lyrics and there isn't much in common heh. They use to use this song (with their lyrics) as a filler at shows when they weren't being harassed to play "Gay Bar".

Song: Yesterdays Are Gone
Lyrics by Me
Music (C) by The Fabulous! (http://www.myspace.com/thefuckingfabulous)

1537 Instrumental (note: I purposely converted this to really low quality)

Lyrics:

[0:18]
You've done it now, you've blown away
All the history we have saved
There is nothing left, we can't stop it now
This thing which you hath create
It is in everything and everyone,
A hate so deep, Its Will be done
You cannot see past its shadow
The lifeless world you did create

[0:36]
Can you believe it?
Can you feel it?
Its all around [you], nothings left
Yesterdays are gone

[1:10]
I've dropped [out]-I've left, the path you've led, us down to {and}
All of this time, you've lied
All of this time
All of this time
All of this time, you were
You were the lie

[1:41]
The clouds [are] clear-ng (sic), our sights are back
No heart attack, but collapse
We are what's left, it is so clear
The danger was our fear
It was in everything and everyone
A sickness so deep, [it] can't be undone
We fought past its shadow
The lifeless world you did create

[1:59]
Can you believe it now?
Do you still feel the same?
It's all around [you], nothings left
Yesterdays are gone

[2:33]
I've dropped [out]-I've left, the path you've led, us down to {and}
All of this time, you've lied
All of this time

[3:02]
Gone---
Now, these lyrics don't follow The Fab's style in anyway really as I wrote it with Mary King's Close (http://www.myspace.com/marykingsclose) in mind (their old band). In a way I kind of cheated too as I was following the synth's cues when making most of these lyrics so it only took 30 minutes really to come up with this.

About my view the lyrics: Basically it's sort of a song for post-tragedy (read:apocalyptic/war) humanity. The "you" in the lyrics doesn't point the finger to any one person (ie, the Bush Administration :tinfoil:) but to all. Think of it as the voice of humanity singing to each and every person who contributed to getting us to this imaginative post-tragedy world. It starts minutes before this imaginative event, as the world starts to witness the highest tolls. Then continues into the fallout, then marks the sight of humanity's first glimmer of hope. They realize the world as they know it may be over but life isn't. They realize that in some ways they too were a part of this whole tragedy. But they never forget. Never forget about the people and things which brought them here, to this point.

Never forget that Yesterdays Are Gone...but Tomorrow Comes Today :downs:.

(why yes...I just referenced a Gorillaz song)

Anyway, hope you enjoy or whatever.

Dwood
June 29th, 2010, 01:39 AM
Now get someone to sing those lyrics.

CrAsHOvErRide
June 29th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Microsoft Sam ^

killer9856
June 29th, 2010, 10:19 PM
That played really good in my head. Go find a singer!