PDA

View Full Version : MERP (Middle Earth Role Playing Project) mod for Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion

343guiltymc
July 19th, 2010, 10:19 PM
http://www.moddb.com/mods/merp-middle-earth-roleplaying-mod/features/developer-banter-merp-project
Wow, this looks incredible. I always disliked the endless woodlands of vanilla Oblivion, but these environments are outright gorgeous.

Cortexian
July 19th, 2010, 10:25 PM
So basically a bad community version of Lord of the Rings Online? Just wait for LotRO to go F2P.

Inferno
July 19th, 2010, 11:01 PM
So basically a bad community version of Lord of the Rings Online? Just wait for LotRO to go F2P.

:badposter:

I've sort of been following this but not much. What they are trying to do is pretty massive. The shear amount of content they have already created is astounding though.

neuro
July 20th, 2010, 12:52 AM
and pretty shit too!

Dwood
July 20th, 2010, 02:01 AM
and pretty shit too!

It looks good and makes me want to play Oblivion but I highly doubt they'll be able to do minas tirith and Helm's deep right.

Donut
July 20th, 2010, 03:10 AM
oh wow. im not into lord of the rings, but ill play this just for the environments if nothing else. i always love these mod projects in oblivion. they make the game so much more imo, because its not just taking lord of the rings stuff and putting it in another game. i can combine all of the other mods i have installed with this one. and of course its fun for the creators too and a learning experience. comments like "just wait for the real game" are just dumb imo since this is totally different.

i only mention all that because of freelancers comment :saddowns:. sorry for the minirant.

Cortexian
July 20th, 2010, 10:14 PM
I seriously don't see why you'd play this when you can play LotRO (for free in the Fall)... They have better environments and graphics, not to mention the game is much more polished since it's created by actual developers. This project seems like nothing but a large unpopulated environment...

Inferno
July 20th, 2010, 10:28 PM
I seriously don't see why you'd play this when you can play LotRO (for free in the Fall)... They have better environments and graphics, not to mention the game is much more polished since it's created by actual developers. This project seems like nothing but a large unpopulated environment...

Because it's not done? You expect a WIP mod to be polished and completely populated?

And anyways, I love oblivions gameplay.

ThePlague
July 21st, 2010, 12:19 AM
And anyways, I love oblivions gameplay.
This.

Cortexian
July 21st, 2010, 12:37 PM
Personal opinion I guess, Oblivions gameplay was boring and drawn-out imo.