PDA

View Full Version : L2 not suck at SC2?

n00b1n8R
August 19th, 2010, 09:20 AM
fvQTF5IusTM

I've been watching this guy's videos and my games already picked up a lot (not that that's saying anything LOL!) but I'm wondering if anybody else has any suggested viewing/reading (looking at maining Protoss btw).

Also, if anybody things this guy's full of shit, please tell me.

(playing on a guest trial but I'll probably get it first chance I get :neckbeard:)

kid908
August 19th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Idk about him, but I like watching HuskyStarcraft. He cast games, but there's a few tutorials in there.

If you're going to main Protoss here's a few things you should know about it.
1. The start of the game, you will have very few units to hold off a rush. I tend to have around 3-5 units to hold off rushes until an immortal can come and down the mauraders/marines and roaches rush.
2. learn 4 gate build, if you're fast enough, you can do a rush of your own.
3. Get a colossus w/ upgrade, omfg, it will defend your base so well, and you can abuse the terrain and take out opp's eco.
4. Get a mother ship ( It's like the best buffer for enemy fire.) after the 2 immortals and colossi. You should build 2 void rays as well after the m-ship, they should finish before the m-ship. Just throw your units under its cloaking radius and watch the enemy ground to ground go idle while you take out their units. I rarely use the casting ability of it, but vortex really helps against zergs. You should have no trouble massing up troops now.
5. use chrono boost!

This is the basic build I use (I'm no way considered good at scII) you might want to look into other stuff.
1. probes to nine
2. Pylon while the nineth probe is building and send the pylon probe to scout.
3. start 10th probe
4. gateway and then assim after the pylon is done (btw, keep making probes)
5. when gateway is done, throw down a cybernetics core along with another pylon (I tend to put this one at the entrance to the base)
6. when the cyb-core is halfway, I tend to throw down another gateway next to the first.
7. Warp gate and throw down a robotics fact. and build a stalker (this is the first army unit i get out, kinda late ingame).
8a. if you see 2-4 barracks going up or a roach warren, go for 1-2 immortals, it won't take more than that.
8b. if not, i'd go and get a robo-bay and get 2 colossi out.
9. I'll start throwing down zealots and stalkers at this time waiting.

Also, anyone can point own faults in my build as well, I'd like to improve as well.

Inferno
August 19th, 2010, 03:28 PM
HuskyStarcraft rocks.

Also, Protoss strategies.

1.Mass Stalkers
2.Blink Upgrade
3.Micro Micro Micro Micro Micro Micro Micro Micro Micro Micro
4.Win.

Ganon
August 20th, 2010, 05:09 PM
cheese and proxy your way into gold and don't take shit from anyone

Inferno
August 20th, 2010, 05:21 PM
You gotta be like this guy.

fBuhwWV2-kM

n00b1n8R
August 22nd, 2010, 05:25 AM
So I won my first 1v1, feels fucking amazing, thanks Husky and SC2noobschool!

Sel
August 22nd, 2010, 11:38 AM
wow inferno

Inferno
August 22nd, 2010, 12:35 PM
So I won my first 1v1, feels fucking amazing, thanks Husky and SC2noobschool!

You still in the practice leagues?

n00b1n8R
August 22nd, 2010, 07:42 PM
Skipped practice (it's infested with people who know how to play for some reason :gonk:) and finally got enough placement matches (after spending like half an hour searching time total) to get into bronze :woop:

Inferno
August 22nd, 2010, 07:55 PM
In 2v2 with my friend Matt we are perpetually stuck in like the top 5 bronze league ranks. We can never seem to make it to silver.

n00b1n8R
August 23rd, 2010, 11:39 PM
4gate is my waifu

E: almost out of sc2 trial, finally kicking ass too.
mfw http://sae.tweek.us/static/images/emoticons/emot-unsmigghh.gif

kid908
August 24th, 2010, 08:21 PM
4-gate is great, Especially on Jungle basin. Send a probe to scout and then, just pylon in the natural. If I get pressured, I just send the built up troops into the usually empty base and they fall back. and then retreat back to the natural once they leave the base.

n00b1n8R
August 25th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Beat Zilla with a build I made up on the spot, after he beat me the previous game. :S

Bodzilla
August 25th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Was trying a new build order so hmm.