PDA

View Full Version : 360 dashboard update

Timo
November 2nd, 2010, 06:15 AM
What do you guys think of it? There's no real additions to in from my standpoint (Netflix/ESPN isn't available in NZ, neither are Zunes), so the only change i've seen is from rounded edges to hard ones. Looks a lot cleaner and seems to run just as fast. I just wish you could opt for a simple list view of your friends online at the dashboard, I always end up using the popup menu's friend's list.

t3h m00kz
November 2nd, 2010, 06:19 AM
hate it

rather than fix problems they just gave it a new look

you can give a retard a face lift but he's still a retard

TeeKup
November 2nd, 2010, 06:42 AM
It looks like a goddamn textbook. So bland and tasteless....UGH.

Arteen
November 2nd, 2010, 07:14 AM
I find it slightly nauseating to navigate. It's not a smooth and natural as in NXE 1.0. Also, without the cascade effect, you get less information at a time.

=sw=warlord
November 2nd, 2010, 08:08 AM
It looks like a goddamn textbook. So bland and tasteless....UGH.
This.
I would rather they reinstate the blade system and just add the small features that were introduced with the NXE.
I mean, it cannot be that bad for kinnect to use the old blade system, just wave your hand to change blades and lower it or raise to select options.
I miss the day's where my Xbox360 actually looked like an Xbox360.:smith:
Who would want this:http://epicbattleaxe.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/new-xbox-360-dashboard.jpg
over this:http://portforward.com/networking/Xbox360Live.jpg

Timo
November 2nd, 2010, 08:21 AM
The original version was definitely the best, but I do prefer this updated version. All they need to do to truly make me happy is just copy PS3's menu system, basically what the 360 has now but with smaller icons (and rotated). I don't use my xbox that often, I hate having to flick across massive boxes that could be much, much smaller icons.

OT:My xbox RROD'd a while ago, and for some reason Hexic HD was removed from the hdd. I can't find where to redownload it - it's listed in the arcade section but there's no download link. Anyone know where I can get it back? Such an epic time waster.

=sw=warlord
November 2nd, 2010, 09:22 AM
OT:My xbox RROD'd a while ago, and for some reason Hexic HD was removed from the hdd. I can't find where to redownload it - it's listed in the arcade section but there's no download link. Anyone know where I can get it back? Such an epic time waster.I tried looking on the market place but it looks like they've actually removed the download entirely, best chance is to look in download history and see if you can redownload from there.

annihilation
November 2nd, 2010, 09:37 AM
I hate it so much I don't feel like signing on anymore.

Limited
November 2nd, 2010, 11:08 AM
It blows chunks. It took me about 4 hours to update the damn thing, even then all that work is worth jack because like Timo, I can't use ESPN or Zune stuff, they don't even sell zunes in UK. So I basically just get the new UI, which looks like a pigeon shat all over a fork and someone repeatedly shoved it in my eyeballs. I hate the white, do you know how fucking bright it is when playing xbox in a dark room at midnight? Its blinding.

Llama Juice
November 2nd, 2010, 11:29 AM
Yea, I'm not a fan of the white... or the new sounds.

It also was running HEAPS slower for me... I dunno if it's just me or not... but... it was slow.

WELCOME TO THE.......

NEW DASH!....

ALL SORTS OF NEAT NEW

FEATURES!

Pooky
November 2nd, 2010, 12:38 PM
ALL SORTS OF

GAY FEATURES

I DON'T WANT

CAN I DELETE ALL THIS SHIT PLEASE

BobtheGreatII
November 2nd, 2010, 01:28 PM
I've had it for 2 months now. I still love it. It's new and fresh. The sounds aren't near as annoying. And everything seems much cleaner.

=sw=warlord
November 2nd, 2010, 01:46 PM
I hate it so much I don't feel like signing on anymore.

This

ALL SORTS Of
GAY FEATURES
I DON'T WANT
CAN I DELETE ALL THIS SHIT PLEASE
This.
They're raising the fee I have to pay for gold for features I won't even use.
ESPN? Don't even watch sports, ZUNE? If I wanted to see a film that came out a year ago I would buy the DVD.
New dash design that looks like it was derived from old Ubuntu distributions? I've got a spare partition on my pc for alternate OS'.
How any of this besides the updated chat codec affect's me is beyond me.

beele
November 2nd, 2010, 02:02 PM
The nice thing was after updating I was presented with a nice E71 error and flashing red light!
God thank that powering it off and back on fixed it xD still got me freaked out for a minute.

jcap
November 2nd, 2010, 02:31 PM
I still think this would be a great dash....

http://jcap.h2vista.net/files/personal/newdash1.jpg

I should make more concepts showing how navigation would work. Think similar to Reach's menu screens for map/gametype/playlist selection.

Futzy
November 2nd, 2010, 03:01 PM
If you don't like it you never have to see it. Set your xbox to boot to disc. It's faster, thats all that matters to me.

Limited
November 2nd, 2010, 03:05 PM
If you don't like it you never have to see it. Set your xbox to boot to disc. It's faster, thats all that matters to me.
Title screen load has changed, guide button menu has changed. You WILL end up seeing it.

Does any one else use VGA 1280 x 1024? It looks real ugly on mine and some of the icons overlap.

jcap
November 2nd, 2010, 03:16 PM
1080p even looks like crap. IMO everything seems extremely blurry and pixelated. It seems like they ended up reducing the frame size of the dashboard. I doubt they did, but even for it to be upscaled from 720p is stupid for a dashboard. It should be rendered in 1080p, no excuses.

Rook
November 2nd, 2010, 04:54 PM
Consoles, 1080p, lol. This is why you have your steam account boy.

paladin
November 2nd, 2010, 05:05 PM
Espn is awesome. i can now watch EPL games for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spartan094
November 2nd, 2010, 08:30 PM
It makes updates go 20x slower. Like it pisses me off to no end, here is how it used to be with any game update before this gay dashboard update

Older dashboards:
Load Game
New Update
Done in 5 seconds

New dashboard:
Load Game
New Update
Done in 5 minutes.

Warsaw
November 2nd, 2010, 08:42 PM
The worst part for me is the white backgrounds in text boxes and menus. What the fuck Microsoft?

Lucky me, only the family 360 has the new dash. My 360 has the older one. Don't have Live so I don't care. :realsmug:

jcap
November 3rd, 2010, 03:04 PM
It makes updates go 20x slower. Like it pisses me off to no end, here is how it used to be with any game update before this gay dashboard update

I would guess that's just from Microsoft's servers taking a load, or some other problem on their end.

The actual dashboard, however, actually does seem faster to me. I still hate it and I think it's still ridiculously slow, but I did notice a slight speed improvement when navigating the Guide.

Llama Juice
November 3rd, 2010, 11:16 PM
Yep, I'm over it.

It's not that horrible anymore.

Spartan094
November 10th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Wow I thought my xbox was having hippie problems and was gonna over heat (RRoD) again or w/e. It's been freezing up and it's because of the new dashboard update, fuck this shit, typical Microsoft. Also I'm not the only person that's having it.