PDA

View Full Version : [CRYSIS] Can't Export Properly

BobtheGreatII
November 24th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Hey, I'm getting in to using the cryengine for my modeling now. Only I'm such a noob at it. :saddowns: So far it seems fairly straight forward. Only when I export my "hull" dummy with nodes... It gives me the basic round about of degenerate texture coordinates. And after clicking okay the loading bar appears... but then 3ds max acts like it's not responding for a few seconds. Then it does start responding, and everything disappears. From looking at the video tutorials... it looks like it's supposed to pop up with the command prompt and run code of some kind. But it doesn't. Also the model isn't showing up in my objects. Help?

=sw=warlord
November 24th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Once the model is exported, you need to copy the file from your 3ds max scene folder over to the objects folder, it will be the .CGF file.
It's also good practice to create a material file from the exporter as well so your model exports with the correct material settings.

BobtheGreatII
November 24th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Okay thanks. That's what I've been doing... but he said it was supposed to compile in the objects.pak thing. But I've just been opening it up in a separate object folder. Thanks again.