PDA

View Full Version : Kinect Hacking

Limited
November 27th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Okay so, wanted to make a thread to just discuss what is currently happening with the Kinect hacking like community, considering right now its exploded.

So yeah, people are working on open source stuff, sdk's, basically allowing interaction with Kinect in a PC environment. Its pretty sick stuff and what people are working on is fantastic so far, so with a little time it will be incredible.

I really think MS should not clamp down, they should embrace the hacking, considering I reckon they will increase sales, to me the games do not interest me, but seeing some of the Kinect stuff and if people make some really cool stuff, then you never know.

On with the videos!

MIT Making a Robot that maps the environment, probably the best implementation so far that I've seen.
dRPEns8MS2o

Object Recognition, not sure why it would be useful with Kinect, considering webcams can do a fairly good job, I suppose Kinect would use the 3d depth to further the algorithms for the recognition.
cRBozGoa69s

Multi-Touch 'Minority Report' Style Interaction
ho6Yhz21BJI

E:
So a guy whos worked on replicating real life 3d and incorporating 3d generated stuff has worked on getting 2 camera to work in the same scene.
5-w7UXCAUJE

Okay so theres TONS of videos and stuff out there, so post some cool ones if they crop up.

Dwood
November 28th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Saw this. It was worth posting.

8CTJL5lUjHg

Donut
November 28th, 2010, 10:38 PM
im picturing sword fighting with this. it is a good picture.

i love that robot too.

Dwood
December 6th, 2010, 04:50 PM
This one is pretty neat, even though the people making the program that runs it need to make it able to go around obstacles, but good start anyhow!

eWmVrfjDCyw