PDA

View Full Version : Test Drive Chrome Notebook

Limited
December 8th, 2010, 11:27 AM
What the title says, Google is offering a small number of applicants the ability to test the new Chrome OS notebook coming out some time. I'd apply but its US only =\, so if you over 18 and in the US, you should apply!

https://services.google.com/fb/forms/cr48advanced/

Info on the laptop:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/07/google-unveils-cr-48-the-first-chrome-os-laptop/

Kornman00
December 8th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Small print for those curious

By selecting "I agree", you agree that Google may use, adapt, translate, and copy your submission materials to advertise, publicize, and promote Google's business activities in present or future media. You agree that Google may incorporate its own audio, visual, musical, and other effects into such materials. You also agree that you own and have the right to authorize Google's activities as set out in this agreement and that you are aware of no other permission being needed to undertake these activities. In all cases, Google acquires no ownership right over your materials. You also agree that you shall not have the right to terminate or rescind this consent or to restrain the production, distribution, or advertising of your materials.

If selected as a Chrome OS Pilot Program participant, I authorize Google to collect anonymous browsing statistics and other usage data for tracking and analysis purposes as as outlined in the Google Privacy Policy, located at http://www.google.com/privacypolicy.html. This data will not be associated with me, but will be tracked anonymously. Furthermore, I agree to participate in all product feedback studies conducted by the Google Chrome OS team for the duration of the Pilot Program and agree to be opted in to the Chrome OS feedback group. I understand that Google will only ship the device to a US-based address and cannot send this device to a P.O. Box or address outside of the US. I agree to not sell or transfer the device to anyone else, unless under written instruction from Google to do so. Replacement of broken devices is subject to Google's review and Google may elect not to replace a non-functioning or broken device at Google's sole discretion. In the event that Google elects to replace a broken device, Google will cover all shipping and handling fees. Google reserves the right to contact you about Chrome OS or related Google products by email, phone, post, or in-person upon submitting this application. Please indicate your agreement to the above terms by clicking "I agree".

ThePlague
December 8th, 2010, 01:18 PM
I agreed to all that. I tried out Chrome OS awhile ago on my laptop, and it seemed really interesting.

Syuusuke
December 8th, 2010, 02:48 PM
No caps lock! Finally, I don't have to be greeted by CAPitalized letters everytime I miss the tab-key.

Warsaw
December 8th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I've seen worse tiny print. That's actually pretty acceptable.

Heathen
December 8th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Uhh, why is there no caps lock?

Cortexian
December 8th, 2010, 11:11 PM
What legitimate use does it have? If you need all caps it's most likely that you won't need it for long, hold Shift.

RedBaron
December 8th, 2010, 11:30 PM
The only time I need cap locks is when I play the few games that still uses it as a key binding.

Warsaw
December 10th, 2010, 04:17 AM
Battlezone! CapsLock = toggle between topographical map and 3D radar grid.

Pyong Kawaguchi
December 12th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Looks like one might come for me, as one is coming to my town/zipcode combination (town has multiple zipcodes)
:)

Limited
December 12th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Uhh, why is there no caps lock?
Who actually uses the caps lock for its intended purpose? I never need to use all caps, if I do its for a short period so I just use the shift key, simple. I do however search alot, so it will definitely be used alot, so it makes complete sense.

Battlezone! CapsLock = toggle between topographical map and 3D radar grid.
Your not losing a button, as long as the game can rebind keys, just rebind the key and it will work fine.

ThePlague
December 12th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Anyone get an email yet? I haven't :(

Warsaw
December 12th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Who actually uses the caps lock for its intended purpose? I never need to use all caps, if I do its for a short period so I just use the shift key, simple. I do however search alot, so it will definitely be used alot, so it makes complete sense.

Your not losing a button, as long as the game can rebind keys, just rebind the key and it will work fine.

It can't. Tried it, doesn't work. Battlezone II, however, is safe since it uses R for that function and doesn't use Caps Lock at all.

Kornman00
December 12th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Who actually uses the caps lock for its intended purpose?
The military unfortunately :ugh:

Futzy
December 12th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Capslock is irrelevant for games. The OS is basically a web browser.
There's one being sent to my zipcode, if its mine it'll be here tuesday.