PDA

View Full Version : servers hang after intelising init

{XG}Gijs007
February 15th, 2011, 03:27 PM
hey guys, got an issue with my servers.
sometimes my servers don't start, they hang after initialising the init and before the 0/16 players message start popping up.
when I close the hanging server and start it up again its always fine.

this issue only arises when the server crashes and gets rebooted by serverdoc or when multiple servers are starting at the same time(for example after a reboot)

also sometimes it tells me the custom gametype is invalid although its placed in the correct my documents, halo ce savegames folder.
and when I close the server and it reboots it starts up fine as well.

I was wondering what causes this issue, and how to fix it.
im using the latest sapp btw.

os: windows server 2003 r2 sp2 32 bit running in a vmware virtual machine.
cpu: 4 cores.

jcap
February 15th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Does it freeze when you don't use sapp?

Also, you aren't also using Devicator, are you? That's the only thing I've ever seen this happen with.

{XG}Gijs007
February 16th, 2011, 11:50 AM
im not using devicator for as far as I know, but it also happens sometimes with my normal halo servers(they use gandanur)

Cortexian
February 16th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I suppose there could be some issues with running a bunch of servers on the same machine with 3rd party server apps like SAPP.

{XG}Gijs007
February 19th, 2011, 02:26 PM
I have figured out why, when initialising the init, the server says: unknown gametype.
but the gametype is located in Documents\My Games\Halo CE\savegames like it should.

and after a reboot of the server it starts up just fine, any one got a idea what is causing this?
maybe to many read actions on the hard drive, would upgrading to an ssd help?

jcap
February 19th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Seems like it's not reading your path properly. Try manually setting it with

-path "C:\Users\your account\Documents\My Games\Halo CE"
in shortcut's target box for the dedicated server.

Cortexian
February 19th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Also make sure your init has the gametype specified in quotations if it's custom or has a space in the name.

{XG}Gijs007
February 19th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Seems like it's not reading your path properly. Try manually setting it with

-path "C:\Users\your account\Documents\My Games\Halo CE"in shortcut's target box for the dedicated server.
thanks for the quick reply, I just tried that.
I added it before the exec but after the haloceded.exe stuff.
but im still getting the unknown gametype error...

Also make sure your init has the gametype specified in quotations if it's custom or has a space in the name.
im already doing that, when I close the server and I start it up again it works fine... so for some reasion I need to start then close and then start again before it works correctly-_-

Cortexian
February 19th, 2011, 03:02 PM
It could be possible that your HDD is slow/breaking I suppose... Preventing the server from being able to read what it needs to in time. Or that some security software on your PC is slowing it down/blocking access.

{XG}Gijs007
February 19th, 2011, 04:50 PM
It could be possible that your HDD is slow/breaking I suppose... Preventing the server from being able to read what it needs to in time. Or that some security software on your PC is slowing it down/blocking access.
hmm odd I got 2 Samsung f3's in raid 0, oh well ill upgrade to an ssd when they get sata 6 anyway, hope that fixed it.

jcap
February 19th, 2011, 05:03 PM
I don't think it has to do with your hard drives. If that was the problem, you'd probably also experience several hangs 2/3 times while starting Windows.

{XG}Gijs007
February 21st, 2011, 07:47 AM
maybe dep(data execution prevention) has something to do with this?
edit: nvm that didn't fix it either.

{XG}Gijs007
March 1st, 2011, 10:01 AM
this seems to be an sapp issue, with
Gandanur 11.2 (http://www.goemitar.com/?p=78) it works fine.

supersniper
March 1st, 2011, 10:29 AM
uh or it could be the gavevariant is corrupt, did you ever try creating a new one

{XG}Gijs007
March 1st, 2011, 02:38 PM
uh or it could be the gavevariant is corrupt, did you ever try creating a new one
it should be fine cause if you start the servers 1 by one it works fine.