PDA

View Full Version : Modacity Minecraft Server

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Cortexian
March 19th, 2011, 04:07 AM
If you came here because someone in the Minecraft server sent you, this is the thread you should be reading. We imposed a whitelist restriction on the server, meaning that you can only build or destroy things if you're on the list. This is to prevent griefers and hooligans from destroying things that others have built.

Post here if you'd like to be on the list, make sure to include the reason you'd like to play on the Modacity server. Providing reasons why we should let you in would help your case as well... We'll review your 'application' as it is, and then make a decision on let you in!

Please provide the following information:

Minecraft Name:
Reasons you want to play on our server:
How you can assist players on the server:

lolman123
March 19th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Ok so I have been playing minecraft for about a week and i have been looking on some servers and there all full of massive buildings! so this server looks great and i want to start playing on it.

Cortexian
March 19th, 2011, 05:18 AM
K, I talked to you in the server and you seem pretty honest and decent (if a little eager to play on our server specifically). I've added you to the whitelist, just know that any bad behavior on your part will result in a ban from the Minecraft server immediately. Don't destroy or alter other peoples stuff, don't take anything from chests that aren't yours, etc... Basically, if it's not yours don't touch it!

Feel free to look around Modacity as well, we're mostly just a group of modders/mappers for Halo: Custom Edition but we try to branch off a bit as well!

ThePlague
March 19th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Am I on it?

TeeKup
March 19th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Our server was one of the reasons I got minecraft, besides it being awesome. Wanted to 'craft with you guys.

Cortexian
March 19th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Am I on it?
Yeah, TearShade right?

Our server was one of the reasons I got minecraft, besides it being awesome. Wanted to 'craft with you guys.
Added you already.

The following are currently on the whitelist:
Conscars
Dwood15
ex12693
InnerGoat
king_nothing_
OmegaDragon
Rentafence
Sampson002
severlag
TearShade (ThePlague)
TeeKup
minecraft580 (lolman123)

Donut
March 19th, 2011, 06:21 PM
ingame name is CaptainDonut
im quiet and dont take up much room, i like to explore and see what other people are building, i always plant another tree if i take one down (because im green like that), my skin is fire mario but im not addicted to arsen (so i wont burn your wood house down, even though you deserve it for building a house out of wood you posh asshat), and i dont really have any other server to play on. i dont usually play very often though.

oh, and, i share too if anyone needs stuff :downs:

Cortexian
March 19th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Sounds good Donut, I've added you to the list.

king_nothing_
March 20th, 2011, 12:17 AM
minecraft580 seems like a really cool guy. Intentionally hit me into lava while I was wearing full diamond armor and had about 4 diamond tools/weapon on me. Then he laughed about it. Oh, and this was after I let him use my tree farm upon his request. I'm so very glad this person is on the whitelist.

Cortexian
March 20th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Yeah, he intentionally attacked me as well without provocation.

He's off the list.

Common sense folks, this game is supposed to be fun for everyone, not just yourself.

ThePlague
March 20th, 2011, 12:45 AM
What the hell happened to my pirate ship? Did someone burn it down or something?

Cortexian
March 20th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Yeah, that was when griefers hit the server the other day before we implemented this whitelist. They burned it down among other things, then the server crashed so rollback data was lost.

king_nothing_
March 20th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Yeah, so who fucked with me while I was AFK?

Probably Dwood. How about you leave me alone. Diverted the water in my trap collector so he would get all the items and I would get none. I was also nearly dead and was warped to a glass box in the sky when I came back.

EDIT: Fucked up my redstone as well. And I have missing torches. Thanks.

Do I have to put up Obsidian around my shit to protect it from people on the whitelist? Really?

Dwood
March 20th, 2011, 05:46 PM
:lmao: I thought the box was funny. :iamafag:

king_nothing_
March 20th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Hmm, that's funny. The underground staircase you just showed me is the perfect distance away from the box I was in for stairs to lead up there. "Think the box and staircase are connected?" you said a minute ago. Good one. So let me get this straight; you dug a tunnel from my mob trap to the surface, then built stairs up it and into the sky leading to a glass box, then pushed me all the way up there just to piss me off? Cool.

Dwood
March 20th, 2011, 07:11 PM
lol i'm sorry I didn't mean to make you angry :( I thought it would be funny >.>

Donut
March 20th, 2011, 07:16 PM
dont afk in the server then :tinfoil:

E: lol dwood did you actually build a staircase and push kingnothing up it?

thehoodedsmack
March 20th, 2011, 07:58 PM
I'd like to be on the whitelist because I've been playing on the server since last week, and am already into building my base.

So, y'know, continuing to play on the server would be nice.

king_nothing_
March 20th, 2011, 08:02 PM
dont afk in the server then :tinfoil:
I have a mob trap/killing machine which brings items to a single spot where I can stand and collect them. That's why I AFK. He apparently feels the need to sabotage me every time I do that, though.

Last I checked the server rule is "no griefing", not "no griefing unless the person is AFK."

Donut
March 20th, 2011, 08:21 PM
oh i didnt realize you were doing something while afking. im not condoning dwood's messing with you either, but judging from his last post i think he gets the point.... maybe.

Dwood
March 20th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Yep. :)

Cortexian
March 20th, 2011, 09:30 PM
The rules are pretty simple, don't fucking touch ANYTHING you didn't make yourself. That includes other players unless you've agreed to some consensual PvP or something like Spleef.

@thehoodedsmack, you've been added to the whitelist. I never saw you online ever so I figured you just popped in once to check it out haha.

TeeKup
March 21st, 2011, 02:35 AM
Yeah Plague, some guy named floyed set your ship a blaze, I kind of pointed it out:

"Would someone please ban- holy shit that ships on fire..."

king_nothing_
March 23rd, 2011, 10:53 PM
Server is down.

Cortexian
March 23rd, 2011, 11:26 PM
Yeah, ran out of heap memory and jcap wont add more RAM so it'll keep crashing randomly like this until one of two things happens:

1) jcap adds more RAM.
2) Server is re-written in a real language that doesn't suck like Java.

Dwood
March 24th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Get jcap to Rar + upload the map. I'll play on my own in the meantime.

Cortexian
March 24th, 2011, 01:18 AM
I'm pretty sure he restarted it.

Also, he is busy with life stuff a lot and when he's at the PC he's so lazy I need to bug him to even restart the server. You think he's going to RAR a map and upload it and then provide a link to that upload? LOL

EX12693
March 24th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Maybe i should stop my journey to the oddlands.....

king_nothing_
March 24th, 2011, 01:38 AM
It just went down again.

InnerGoat
March 24th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Still down I guess. :(

Cortexian
March 24th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Maybe i should stop my journey to the oddlands.....
The further you explore from the spawn, the more stress is put on the server. So yes, this is basically entirely your fault. Not to mention that you seeming cause lag for everyone except yourself when you join the server.

EX12693
March 24th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Lol it was Kings idea.... I just decided to keep going. Just be glad I didnt render everywhere I went on the dynmap....
And actually when I join I lag too, but I'm using a clean minecraft .jar so I dont think i'm lagging the entire server... >>

king_nothing_
March 24th, 2011, 07:42 PM
It was my idea to expand the southern edge of the map a bit (because I felt our structures as well as the spawn were a bit too close to that edge), not to walk south in a straight line for miles.

EX12693
March 24th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Ohhh......
Ok yea i'll stop.

Dwood
March 25th, 2011, 05:22 PM
I'm pretty sure he restarted it.

Also, he is busy with life stuff a lot and when he's at the PC he's so lazy I need to bug him to even restart the server. You think he's going to RAR a map and upload it and then provide a link to that upload? LOL

It's not like he's an admin and can upload files to the server now is it?

king_nothing_
March 25th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Yeah, so I'm probably gonna go look for another server to play on.

Dwood
March 25th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Jfap said he'd upload the map and let us download it.

Cortexian
March 25th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Okay.

Donut
March 26th, 2011, 12:18 AM
oh, so i can still enjoy my dirt house with the orgy beds :iamafag:

dark navi
March 26th, 2011, 12:34 AM
If any of you are interested, I run a pretty neat server over @ http://www.odinseye.org/. Rules are a bit strict on a few things, and there aren't any hand outs, but the community we have seems to be sublime with them.

Registrations are open until Monday!

Dwood
March 26th, 2011, 01:56 AM
I'll join. :)

jcap
March 26th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Well, let me know if you guys notice anything different...

Don't forget to use minecraft.modacity.net to connect.

Oh and the first 10 minutes after you join will probably be laggy as h*ck because your game is downloading the world again......

EX12693
March 26th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Goddammit get those niggers off my pyramid!

paladin
March 26th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Well, let me know if you guys notice anything different...

Don't forget to use minecraft.modacity.net to connect.

Oh and the first 10 minutes after you join will probably be laggy as h*ck because your game is downloading the world again......

Minecraft doesn't cache worlds, does it?

Cortexian
March 26th, 2011, 11:52 PM
No it doesn't jcap is high.

Dwood
March 27th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Minecraft doesn't cache worlds, does it?

Honestly it should.

n00b1n8R
March 28th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Honestly it should.
Why? It'd just have to re-download everything anyway in case any of the chunks had been edited.

Dwood
March 28th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Why? It'd just have to re-download everything anyway in case any of the chunks had been edited.

Because not every single block changes every time we rejoin the server. The computer should be able to ell the server what the last map cache was, and then tell the server that it only needs chunks that have changed since that time.

Cortexian
March 28th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Or they could just code the game in something that isn't Java.

Patrickssj6
March 28th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Because not every single block changes every time we rejoin the server. The computer should be able to ell the server what the last map cache was, and then tell the server that it only needs chunks that have changed since that time.

Just add a chunk CRC and

code the game in something that isn't Java.

Dwood
March 29th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Also: Minecarts that are stationary disappear! I don't know when but my booster carts that haven't moved have all disappeared. They always gotta be moving on smp.

king_nothing_
March 31st, 2011, 03:41 PM
1.4 is out.

Cortexian
March 31st, 2011, 07:33 PM
Will probably be awhile before Bukkit is updated then.

Dwood
March 31st, 2011, 07:44 PM
Do I update and play with wolves or do I stay and play on smp? :/

king_nothing_
March 31st, 2011, 08:57 PM
Can we get the server back up and play on the old version until the server mods are updated?

Cortexian
March 31st, 2011, 09:49 PM
If the server is down it's because it crashed, we haven't touched it since the 1.4 update was released. If you don't update you can continue to play on the Modacity Minecraft Server.

Bukkit says it usually takes them "a few hours AT LEAST" to get it working with a new version, then they do some "rigorous testing" and if it holds up they "promote it as a Recommended Build (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/introducing-recommended-builds.5137/)". So probably in the next few days, then probably a few more days for all the plugins to be updated for the new Bukkit release.

Dwood
March 31st, 2011, 10:39 PM
Get this plugin: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-minecart-mania-1-06-600-602.388/ needed desperately.

king_nothing_
March 31st, 2011, 11:47 PM
Meh...I'd rather build station mechanics and stuff myself with what's in the game, honestly. I spent hours figuring out how to set up a destination selector, and before that I spent time learning how to make boosters. It seems cheap to just install a mod that does it all for you.

t3h m00kz
April 1st, 2011, 12:06 AM
t3h_m00kz

he's pretty cool

he knows how the fuck to hit diamonds

king_nothing_
April 1st, 2011, 12:10 AM
Please to be getting an automatic server restarter.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=+site:minecraftforum.net+minecraft+server+restar ter#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=site:minecraftforum.net+server+restarter&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=c4f9bf7f64efb33f

Cortexian
April 1st, 2011, 12:47 AM
I thought I sent jcap that batch file script. That said, if he would just add the FireDaemon entry I could manually restart it so long as someone notifies me that is down (pretty easy since I could post my mobile email for that).

king_nothing_
April 1st, 2011, 03:17 PM
jcap was just online. Now he's offline.

The server is still down.

jcap
April 1st, 2011, 03:42 PM
The server didn't crash. I stopped it because I was going to update it with the latest release yesterday, and I thought you couldn't play on it at all, even if you didn't update (like XBL). It's back up now.

Cortexian
April 1st, 2011, 03:47 PM
Bukkit was updated to version 1.4 with build #605 (http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/605/). The latest recommended build is #617 (http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/617/) so you can probably go ahead and update now.

Dwood
April 1st, 2011, 04:05 PM
Plugins updated?

jcap
April 1st, 2011, 04:42 PM
Worldguard is broken

Dwood
April 1st, 2011, 05:02 PM
Install minecart mania because the booster carts dissapear when they're sitting still.

king_nothing_
April 1st, 2011, 05:27 PM
So build boosters that don't let them sit still...like I did.

Dwood
April 1st, 2011, 06:30 PM
So build boosters that don't let them sit still...like I did.
Because I don't want to take up that much space and that many carts for every booster I make? 1 cart per booster should be plenty unless it's a minecart fetcher.

king_nothing_
April 1st, 2011, 07:27 PM
It's not supposed to be easy to make something cool. It should take some effort. It's more promising that way anyway. Why cheapen it by installing a mod that simplifies the entire thing?

Dwood
April 1st, 2011, 10:43 PM
Well is the server updated or what?

Well let's check out the minecart problem now then.

king_nothing_
April 3rd, 2011, 09:23 PM
Has the Dynmap plugin been updated yet?

Cortexian
April 4th, 2011, 01:39 AM
It has, we haven't updated it yet though. If I have some time tomorrow to look through all the plugins on the Bukkit forums for updates I'll try and get them installed.

king_nothing_
April 4th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Alright, cool. I'm laying track over long distances right now and it's killing me not having the Dynmap to plan out my routes with.

Dwood
April 4th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Hook some up to my station. :D

king_nothing_
April 5th, 2011, 03:41 AM
Plugins..!

Cortexian
April 5th, 2011, 04:01 AM
FFFFFFFFF, tomorrow.

Had shit to do today.

king_nothing_
April 5th, 2011, 10:33 PM
:ohdear:

Cortexian
April 6th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Working on getting it all updated right now. Should be up in a few minutes. jcap hasn't set me up with FTP access to the new MC server system yet and doesn't want to yet either. So I'm having to tell him what to update..

JackalStomper
April 6th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Hi. Don't know how to ask this really. So I asked a friend!

http://i.imgur.com/YUH7L.png

I like the idea of a whitelisted server. Don't have to worry about greifers...

This man humbly asks for permission to build :downs:

Cortexian
April 6th, 2011, 04:26 PM
You know Skyline? If so I'll let you in, as he's a pretty good judge of character :P

Quick edit: By let you in I mean forward the request to jcap for him to do "sometime" when he "has time". I'd do it but he hasn't setup my FTP access yet.

JackalStomper
April 6th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I actually forget when I met him, only that it was a very long time ago. He's the one that introduced me to this forum.

Cortexian
April 6th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Okay I let jcap know to add you to the list. I guess I'll let you know when he says he's done it.

JackalStomper
April 6th, 2011, 04:38 PM

king_nothing_
April 6th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Yeah, so every time I try to build a track across the water to get to your tower Freelancer, my FPS dies and i can't do anything. I've tried crossing it in two different places and it happened both times. Skyline said it's because there's tons of squid.

Cortexian
April 6th, 2011, 07:50 PM
If you're getting the tons of squid thing it's because the chunks of water aren't loading. Re-log so those chunks load w/o squid.

Hunter
April 6th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Ive been playing minecraft lately, i will probably submit an application once Uni work is done and i have actually brought the full game, can't be bothered buy it right now.

king_nothing_
April 7th, 2011, 12:30 AM
If you're getting the tons of squid thing it's because the chunks of water aren't loading. Re-log so those chunks load w/o squid.
Just tried this. When I reconnect in that area, the chunks never load, and all I can see is sky. After about a half minute or so, i get disconnected and it says "Connection Lost / End of stream".

:/

Is there a command that lets you kill every squid on the map or something? If you can't kill a specific mob with a command, then how about just killing everything on the map? The only downside I can see is we would lose our tamed wolves. That's a small price to pay to get rid of this giant horde of lag-inducing squid.

Cortexian
April 7th, 2011, 01:04 AM
The problem is with Bukkit inherently. Just removing squid wouldn't do it. I'm unable to play in the server in those chunks at all because my placed blocks disappear and I eventually get an "End of Stream" error.

king_nothing_
April 7th, 2011, 01:30 AM
How about this: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/admn-moblimiter-v1-1-set-creature-limits-and-blacklists-617.10804/

Cortexian
April 7th, 2011, 01:41 AM
Like I said, it won't help to limit the mob spawns. All those squids spawning aren't the cause of the problem, they're the result. The problem is back to the chunk generation or whatever sucking balls in Bukkit.

king_nothing_
April 7th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Oh.

:/

If you blacklisted them and completely removed them with that plugin, it wouldn't help?

Cortexian
April 7th, 2011, 02:05 AM
I don't think so, because they don't show up until the chunks fail to load properly or whatever they do that causes the majority of our servers failures. Once they do start spawning like mad though it lags the server even more, but it's not the cause.

king_nothing_
April 7th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Meh, it's worth a try IMO...

sN3vXAXiA2w

InnerGoat
April 7th, 2011, 07:12 AM
lol holy shit lookit all the squid

jcap
April 7th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Can we just delete the chunk?

Cortexian
April 7th, 2011, 10:50 AM
We've gone over that... There's no program I know of that will actually delete the chunk in a way that will cause the server to re-generate it without errors. Simply replacing it with some other blocks doesn't work.

Dwood
April 7th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Just turn off squids and slimes.

sevlag
April 8th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Just turn off squids and slimes.
new map? just upload schematics of people's buildings to the new world

Cortexian
April 8th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Yeah I might do that, last time I pasted in a schematic though it caused the original chunk problem lol.

EX12693
April 9th, 2011, 03:15 PM
So Jcap wants to give everyone admin rights. Who agrees? I do.

Cortexian
April 9th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Haha no.

EX12693
April 9th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Lol I told jcap you'd say that. Luckily, it's his server. :)

Cortexian
April 9th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Luckily I can convince him that it's a horrible idea with one simple reason. Also, it's pretty much my server as I set it up and technically paid for jcap's Minecraft subscription :).

EX12693
April 9th, 2011, 06:51 PM
And why is it a horrible idea?

Dwood
April 9th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Do it.

jcap
April 9th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Luckily I can convince him that it's a horrible idea with one simple reason. Also, it's pretty much my server as I set it up and technically paid for jcap's Minecraft subscription :).
Once you foot the $15/mo electricity bill ($0.139/kWH), it's "yours" :|

(First month's on me.)

http://jcap.h2vista.net/files/personal/energyusagemid-month.jpg

king_nothing_
April 9th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I think it's a bad idea, and I'm not an admin.

You guys really can't see why making everything as easy as possible for everyone might be a bad idea? It cheapens the game experience. What's more gratifying: building something with tools and materials you acquired legitimately, or building something with tools and materials you gave yourself in 5 seconds with admin commands?

Hey, I should build an awesome tree farm! Oh wait...that's pointless since I can just /give myself 100 stacks of wood.
Hey, I should build an awesome wheat farm! Oh wait...that's pointless since I can just /give myself 100 stacks of any food, or use /heal.
Hey, I should build an awesome mob farmer! Oh wait...that's pointless since I can just /give myself 100 stacks of mob drops.
etc.

Every activity other than building aesthetic structures is rendered pointless, and that last remaining activity is cheapened.

Count me as one person who doesn't want everyone running around /give-ing themselves whatever the hell they want. Stop being lazy and get the stuff yourself.

EDIT: Also, are we supposed to believe that everyone on the server would use all the other admin commands completely responsibly? lol. Kick, ban, kill, tp, etc. Right...

Cortexian
April 9th, 2011, 10:53 PM
EDIT: Also, are we supposed to believe that everyone on the server would use all the other admin commands completely responsibly? lol. Kick, ban, kill, tp, etc. Right...
Mostly this, players can't be given the /give command without also giving them kick, ban, tp, kill, and even the ability to stop the server (which would then require a manual server restart).

Not happening. If it does I'll just go back to singleplayer or play on Dark Navi's server lol.

EX12693
April 9th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Well... I'd still build tree farms and such.
While building stuff legitimately IS satisfying, so is building epic stuff... legit or not...

Cortexian
April 9th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Yet, you won't get the /give command because you'd have to be given full op permissions for that. And that won't happen unfortunately.

king_nothing_
April 10th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Yeah so Jcap killed all the squid with lava and all the lag spots are gone now.

Also, we're up to four working stations now! The next will be at Sampson's tower.

Cortexian
April 10th, 2011, 04:47 PM
How did he kill them with lava?

king_nothing_
April 10th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Took the water out, put lava in their hole, killing them, then put the water back.

Donut
April 10th, 2011, 05:51 PM
^ does anybody else find that incredibly amusing?

sevlag
April 10th, 2011, 06:23 PM
^ does anybody else find that incredibly amusing?
yes

EX12693
April 10th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Should have kept the lava lakes lol

NullZero
April 11th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Minecraft Name: Wilkolicious
Reasons you want to play on our server: The other Modacity members play here, hence this is the only minecraft server I am at all interested in.
How you can assist players on the server: Can help build community projects if need be, plus gather resources. Am a complete nub to this game, so will require time to learn the skills and such.

Cortexian
April 11th, 2011, 05:58 PM
I thought you were put on already, people said you were in the server the other day or something. They thought you griefed something lol, if you're not on the whitelist that obviously isn't the case. jcap will need to add you, I still don't have FTP access to that box.

staticchanger
April 11th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Minecraft Name: barrettrouton
Reasons you want to play on our server: It's the Modacity Server!
How you can assist players on the server: Minecrafting is fun, when I'm on I'll help others build stuff because its fun

NullZero
April 11th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I thought you were put on already, people said you were in the server the other day or something. They thought you griefed something lol, if you're not on the whitelist that obviously isn't the case. jcap will need to add you, I still don't have FTP access to that box.
Welp, those were obviously lies as I wasn't on the whitelist (as you said). Only times I was on was when king was on, and jcap today. Jcap kindly added me straight after I post the app, so don't worry about adding me.

king_nothing_
April 15th, 2011, 05:00 AM
ICE8bMKZWzQ

Cortexian
April 15th, 2011, 05:07 AM
All those physics calculations must have made the server REAL fun to be playing on lmao.

Wish my Minecraft would start working, randomly dips down to 12 FPS and makes it unplayable.

EX12693
April 15th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Lol actually the server was fine...
I had to relog though cause of all the rendering my client was trying to do...

And why am I sunk in the ground in the vid?

Cortexian
April 15th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Player height isn't calculated very well. I sometimes see people floating or sunk like that.

dark navi
April 17th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Player cords unsync some times, a re-log should fix it for you.

sevlag
April 18th, 2011, 12:50 PM
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1012&t=62621

jcap
April 19th, 2011, 09:35 AM
So, Minecraft 1.5 is out.......DON'T UPDATE UNTIL THE SERVER IS UPDATED!!

sevlag
April 19th, 2011, 01:54 PM
So, Minecraft 1.5 is out.......DON'T UPDATE UNTIL THE SERVER IS UPDATED!!
too late

NullZero
April 19th, 2011, 06:43 PM
same, I accidently pressed update now

Cortexian
April 19th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Changelog?

sevlag
April 20th, 2011, 12:22 PM
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history

jcap
April 20th, 2011, 12:33 PM
The server probably won't be updated for at least a week. A 1.5 Bukkit release will not happen until Minecraft 1.5's bugs are patched in an upcoming release. So, if you want to do anything in the server, you're best off reverting to 1.4 if you can.

Cortexian
April 20th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Powered rails :)

jcap
April 20th, 2011, 01:01 PM
The powered rails suck. For them to be effective you would need to lay one with a redstone torch every few pieces of regular track. We're still better off with the cheap yet effective booster cart system.

Cortexian
April 20th, 2011, 01:59 PM
What are you talking about? A torch powers the track 8 tracks in either direction, excluding the one being powered initially. You'd only need a torch every 16 track pieces... One torch will power a total of 17 track pieces from my understanding.

========T========

T = Torch, track piece on top of torch would also be powered.

Also, there's this which I don't quite understand as I can't seem to visualize it:

When you power a track, 8 tracks in both directions (excluding the track being powered) will be powered. If you have a 19 Powered tracks in a row [1,2,3...18,19] and you Power track 10, tracks 2-9 and 11-18 will receive power. If you add power to track 9, after powering track 9, track 1 will not be powered, even though it is within the 8 tracks. After this, if you remove power from track 10, power will be taken from track 9, however, the same tracks will be stay powered (tracks 1 which should be powered is not, and track 18 which is powered, should be unlit). If you power track 2, (or 18), you will get power in the next 8 blocks.

Doing this, you can power infinite tracks with only 3 torches. 1) If you power track 1, up to track 9 will be lit. 2) Power track track 9 (or last lit track) and 10 (the last unlit track). Putting power in track 9 will keep the previous tracks lit, and 10 will power the next. 3) Then unpower 1, it will still be lit, as 9 is lit, and in the 8 range. 4) Now unpower 9. 1 is still lit. Jump back to step 2.
This also means you can't power tracks in steps of 1 (unless you make something fancy with redstone circuitry). You would have to unpower everything, then power the one 8 steps away (you need n carts + 8 for the number of tracks)

king_nothing_
April 21st, 2011, 12:38 AM
The powered rails suck. For them to be effective you would need to lay one with a redstone torch every few pieces of regular track. We're still better off with the cheap yet effective booster cart system.
Agreed.

Regardless of the torch situation with them, they are just incredibly weak, especially on inclines.

We may find some ancillary use for them in our current system, but as for using them for actual long-distance boosting...no.

sevlag
April 21st, 2011, 01:03 PM
use them to keep tabs on run away carts?

JackalStomper
April 21st, 2011, 02:27 PM
Notch and crew seem make it a point to make sure railways suck. And they're going after torches next! I'm not even sure detector rails will work in the stations (especially in the main station with the cart dispenser) because there would be nothing to stop the carts so you can get in!

sevlag
April 21st, 2011, 08:24 PM
is the server on 1.5 yet?

jcap
April 22nd, 2011, 02:01 PM
The server is now running on a build of 1.5. It's not a recommended build, so it may have some bugs.

Cortexian
April 24th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Don't need the varie tree plugin now since birch trees drop birch saplings. Also, why did you disable flying? Re-enable it.

And FTP access go.

EX12693
April 25th, 2011, 01:36 AM
And my treehouse burned down. Lightning... ugh...

sevlag
April 26th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Im pleased to announce my patented mushroom surprise dispenser works...

the bad news is its going to take A LOT of time to make multiples for everyone to use

surprise dispenser can only be used once...please remember this

oh and amke sure you dont have anything on you when using a dispenser...

Dwood
April 28th, 2011, 06:14 PM
JCAP TURN OFF FALL DAMAGE I JUST DIED TWICE IN A ROW.

JackalStomper
April 29th, 2011, 11:44 AM
don't go cliff diving, it's unhealthy

Caboos001
April 29th, 2011, 11:04 PM
building a PvP arena south of my tower for all those itching for a fight. hope to have it done within the week.

sevlag
April 30th, 2011, 07:36 AM
building a PvP arena south of my tower for all those itching for a fight. hope to have it done within the week.
PvP is disabeled

justin108
April 30th, 2011, 10:52 AM
I just bought this to see what its all about after reading parts of this thread. So yeah, add me that whitelist and let me build some stuff.

justin108 is the minecraft name i used. :downs:

ThePlague
April 30th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Hey, how do I make a schematic, and who do I send it to?

Cortexian
April 30th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Hey, how do I make a schematic, and who do I send it to?
You need to use McEdit or WorldEdit for SSP. Set your schematic and then save it, send it to jcap since he still hasn't set me up with FTP access to the Minecraft server.

ThePlague
April 30th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Jcap told me to give it to you, because you know how to do it or something :\

ASPWolf
May 1st, 2011, 10:16 AM
Minecraft Name: injuriouswolf
Reasons you want to play on our server: Well I just started playing minecraft about a month ago, and I have been looking for another server to play on since the other one I was on shut down, so I figure it would be nice to play on the modacity server. I tend to keep to myself inless someone asks for my help or if I am friends with them.
How you can assist players on the server: I'm open to assisting anyone with there building projects if they asks me.

jcap
May 1st, 2011, 12:00 PM
We need like some sort of Minecraft approval system. I really don't want to be the only one providing input on who can/can't join. I'd prefer if it was the choice of the active players. It would also be useful for when someone is removed from the whitelist for doing damage to another person's stuff, so it would be the choice of the other players to forgive and let the offending player back in.

Anyone have any ideas/solutions?

STILL PENDING APPROVAL:
justin108 / justin108
ASPWolf / injuriouswolf

EX12693
May 1st, 2011, 04:20 PM
Approve justin
Dont know who ASPWolf is...

Dwood
May 1st, 2011, 04:27 PM
http://download116.mediafire.com/52ad56ru8o2g/g571377l2tusvbj/DokuCraft.zip

^^That's the texpack I use, DokuCraft.

king_nothing_
May 1st, 2011, 04:59 PM
Why link directly to the zip? Obviously people are going to want to look at some screenshots before downloading it.

On the subject though, I use Minecraft Enhanced (http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=67932) (the 128x version, without the grass mod in the third screenshot, and without the bumpmapping). It's basically meant to be the same theme as the stock textures, just with a higher resolution. That's why I chose to use it. I didn't want to view the Minecraft world in a drastically different way than everyone else does. I want things to look basically the way they look in vanilla, just with a bit higher resolution. This texture pack does a pretty good job at that.

Cortexian
May 1st, 2011, 06:36 PM
Approve justin
Dont know who ASPWolf is...
I'm of the same opinion.

JackalStomper
May 2nd, 2011, 07:50 AM
Justin seems like a pretty cool dude

King: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=224969

ThePlague
May 2nd, 2011, 06:52 PM
Skyline and I are working on this grinder (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gPSQ6wPuvo), but for animals, under my house.It's done!

Also, can my friend join the server?

His name is Brandin917. He won't break anyone else's shit, and he'll help others with their builds. Known him since gradeschool.

Dwood
May 3rd, 2011, 10:18 AM
Let Justin and Brandin on the server yall. We need some fresh blood!

ThePlague
May 3rd, 2011, 12:04 PM
I'm cool with Justin and ASPwolf, we do need more foot soldiers.

jcap
May 3rd, 2011, 12:18 PM
I'll add them when I see that the server is empty.

I think we should introduce a new policy. Basically, building permits. Before anyone starts a project, send me either a PM or a message on AIM. I don't want to limit what you want to build, just where you build. The more players we have, the more dense things can become, and I don't want other players feeling their "space" has been invaded.

Dwood
May 3rd, 2011, 12:43 PM

I think we should introduce a new policy. Basically, building permits. Before anyone starts a project, send me either a PM or a message on AIM. I don't want to limit what you want to build, just where you build. The more players we have, the more dense things can become, and I don't want other players feeling their "space" has been invaded.

Why not just have people declare what land is theirs etc with a sign and some fence? Edit: And this would only work if there were more admins/mods on the server with perms.

ThePlague
May 3rd, 2011, 12:44 PM
By permits you mean what size land you're going to use, and where at?

jcap
May 3rd, 2011, 01:11 PM
Dwood, I entertained the idea of making like a property map, but I think that would be overkill. All I want is for people to "call before you dig."

Dwood
May 3rd, 2011, 02:28 PM
Dwood, I entertained the idea of making like a property map, but I think that would be overkill. All I want is for people to "call before you dig."

It also stands to reason though, that people shouldn't build on areas that are fairly obvious someone else is there. I do agree that property maps are overkill, as well... But having a call before you dig thing is a bit overkill as well. As long as it's not a problem we don't have to do anything... Just make sure those that join do know the rules of the server...

like: try to dig around tracks and stuff, what defines property rights in case there is a dispute... use common sense etc etc

ThePlague
May 3rd, 2011, 03:05 PM
If someone starts building on another's property, we'll just have a fight to the death. Winner gets the others' (set amount) diamond.

Also, /ascend and /descend are borked. "you don't have permission to do this."

Cortexian
May 3rd, 2011, 05:49 PM

You can add new players to the whitelist without having to restart the server... Just use "/permissions -reload all" in the game after adding them to the world.yml file.

WorldGuard can be used to define "work-zones" that only players with permission can build in, and I'm pretty sure we can define a maximum size for it. I'm implemented properly we could allow players to set their own zones and allow them to pick who is allowed to build in it and such.

EX12693
May 3rd, 2011, 06:14 PM
What happened to my /jumpto and /ascend and /descend?

JackalStomper
May 3rd, 2011, 07:26 PM
I don't think we need 'zones' or anything like that, the users just need common sense, and if they don't use it (building your house on top of/right next to some other players) they can get kicked off the whitelist. If you guys haven't noticed theres a whole lot of open space on the current world just waiting for a home. Tunneling might be a problem in the future, but it's not that big of a deal. There's tunnels spanning from global spawn all the way to my tower and then some.

ThePlague
May 3rd, 2011, 09:29 PM
Alright, some of the gang is banding together to create a city. Here's how it's working:

The warp is called lot2
The style is modern

you can do another style, just make it fit what we're building.

Buildings need to be 11 blocks (at least) away from another.

This is so there can be roads and sidewalks inbetween

Only apartments/houses/hotels can be build beachside.

Skyscrapers have to be away from it.

What we need done:

Leveling out the beach (making it more flush, creating a nice downgrade towards the ocean)
Streets linking each building together
A few chests around somewhere, where we can all pool together resources for eachother to use (cobblestone, stone, wood, whatever is needed to create the city and whatever you have extra of).

Feel free to come up with other ideas and such. This is what we've hammered out so far.

Cortexian
May 4th, 2011, 01:31 AM
Jcap and I originally had plans to build a city around my tower since the ground has already been lowered in that area.

ThePlague
May 4th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Ah, didn't know that.

Updated previous post.

jcap
May 4th, 2011, 02:04 AM
It's fine for them to do what they want, though. I really forgot about those plans because a city is a huge task.

ThePlague
May 4th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Yeah, it is. But with everyone just creating a building or two, it's much easier.

Cortexian
May 5th, 2011, 04:06 AM
The road that's closest to the beach should have grass right up near it. Like a boulevard, and then transition into beach as it moves downhill. This wasn't really an ideal city placement, not much open space and mountains will need to be removed to make up the required room.

ThePlague
May 5th, 2011, 12:33 PM
That's what we were working on the other day, but Dwood logged off and I continued to build my building. Yesterday I evened out more of the sand though, so it's getting there.

Cortexian
May 5th, 2011, 08:33 PM
So here's what our city should end up like:
LnsQErE5toM&hd=1

Dwood
May 5th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Disable fall damage 100% I know you increased the range but the damage didn't change.

Cortexian
May 6th, 2011, 02:00 AM
For those of you that wanted a bridge, we should do something similar to this:
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1623/bridge04.jpg
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1673/bridge03.jpg
http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/4871/bridge01.jpg
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1862/bridge02.jpg

EDIT:
I've extended our actual road across the water most of the way. I'm not to sure what we're going to do terrain-wise on the far side, but it'll have to come up to meet the road level since the road level is fixed for the most part... We could gradient the road using stone slab-obsidian-stone slab-obsidian but it won't look very uniform and that's why I don't want the road to change height very much.

TeeKup
May 6th, 2011, 08:03 PM
I have a friend who wants to join.

Name: Drigs

I've known him for about as long as Modacity, he's a pretty cool guy. Like us he's a minecraft addict.

Dwood
May 7th, 2011, 12:07 PM
All freelancer can do is copy and paste things from other people's worlds. I vote to demote him from admin status for abuse of worldedit features!

ThePlague
May 7th, 2011, 02:01 PM
And promote me!

I'm okay with your friend joining Teek :)

EX12693
May 7th, 2011, 04:11 PM
And/or promote me! :D

I'm ok with it too.

ThePlague
May 7th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Alright, so Jcap said that if it's alright with Freelancer, and the rest of the community, he'd make me an admin. Thoughts?

Dwood
May 7th, 2011, 05:44 PM
lol uh sure?

EX12693
May 8th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Sure!

Cortexian
May 8th, 2011, 04:07 AM
Sure, we could use another active admin. I'd recommend waiting until I have FTP access again though so if any problems arrise I can fix them.

EX12693
May 8th, 2011, 03:30 PM
JCAP hurry up!

sevlag
May 8th, 2011, 05:50 PM
i gave up on MP because jcap got angry so i set my spawn in my lava pool

anyways if im not gonna get white listed again might as well break down my house for resources

ThePlague
May 8th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Huh?

sevlag
May 8th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Huh?
im not white listed because jcap knows i like to make TNT for traps so im no longer on said white list, therefore i set my player spawn in the lava fall by my house

if im not gonna be put back on said whitelist you guys can break down my house for materials

jcap
May 8th, 2011, 08:35 PM
You were identified by BigBrother after a TNT explosion damaged the train station. The TNT, which was placed by you under the station, was connected to the cart booster pressure plate redstone trace, which detonated when the track was used. For that reason, you were removed from the whitelist. After various other griefing incidents involving TNT by a member on the whitelist before BigBrother was installed, we can only assume the others were your doing too.

If you want to be placed back on the whitelist, you will need to reapply for the server. If all active players agree to allow you back, I'll add you again.

justin108
May 9th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I just got back from Vacation, I will logon tonight, can't wait to see what all you guys got done while I was in Florida. If anyone is on tonight Ill be happy to help with construction (move sand, etc) Just hit me up I should be around the comp.

TeeKup
May 9th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I plan on making a small suburb around my the Tree House EX gave me. Will make a neat video when its finished.

ThePlague
May 9th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Make something in the city!

TeeKup
May 9th, 2011, 03:31 PM
If I do anything in the city it will be a small building like a bank or something, or even terrace work. I have no interest in making a skyscraper.

ThePlague
May 9th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I made a bank though :C

Cortexian
May 9th, 2011, 04:32 PM
The city should eventually have a centeral park IMO. I think we have a decent core city now, other buildings can be shorter and such.

TeeKup
May 9th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I could design and build the park. Give me some specifications and I'll do it.

EX12693
May 9th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Well... if we're going to have a central park.. then what should my building be..?

arbiter901
May 9th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Minecraft Name:ghost0009001
Reasons you want to play on our server: Bought the game recently and thought it would be nice to play on this server
How you can assist players on the server: Would assist if asked to

ThePlague
May 9th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I'm okay with ^ joining.

ASPWolf
May 9th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Yeah I know him, he's cool let him in!

ThePlague
May 9th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Yeah! and then take off Wolf!

:3

Timo
May 9th, 2011, 11:48 PM
im not white listed because jcap knows i like to make TNT for traps so im no longer on said white list, therefore i set my player spawn in the lava fall by my house

if im not gonna be put back on said whitelist you guys can break down my house for materials

That is goddamn hilarious, i'm surprised you haven't been permanently banned by Freelancer for it.

Cortexian
May 10th, 2011, 12:24 AM
For fucks sake, I haven't dispensed ANY punishment relating to the Minecraft server. Get your facts right god damn.

Hunter
May 10th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Minecraft Name: martynball Reasons you want to play on our server: Because I enjoy to play games with other people, and most people here I know too :) Also want to build awesome buiildings How you can assist players on the server: I can help them with buildings and also provide materials if they need, I also enjoy mining so I could provide tools. :)

JackalStomper
May 11th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Hunter def should go on whitelist

ThePlague
May 11th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Yeah, Hunter is pretty cool.

This week is finals, so that's why I haven't been on much :( Later this week I might be on more. We need to continue building this city guys! Construction seems to be slowing down, we don't want to get behind schedule. It'll be my ass!

We don't need a lot of huge structures anymore, maybe some housing areas, neighborhoods, etc. Feel free to take inspiration from your neighborhoods.

TeeKup
May 11th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Um, what the fuck happened to EX's building?

ASPWolf
May 11th, 2011, 06:42 PM
It was partially made of wool, and he burned it down by mistake

EX12693
May 11th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Yep.

TeeKup
May 11th, 2011, 07:35 PM
It used to be made out of Iron and Glass....

Cortexian
May 11th, 2011, 07:57 PM
We changed it.

So yeah, good job EX. I told you I should have left it as something else until you got it fixed.

EX12693
May 11th, 2011, 11:21 PM
No.... you said you'd leave it as wool.... :/
I wanted obsidian originally but you said no so you make it bedrock.. but that looked crappy...

Cortexian
May 12th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I mean before I left and you were putting the water back, I was going to leave it as bedrock until you finished working on it.

TBH, you gotta fail pretty hard to set your own building on fire though.

EX12693
May 12th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Used my lava bucket instead of my water one.....

Also.. lets do something like this guise..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zTtwXQ5PJM

TeeKup
May 12th, 2011, 08:19 PM
That is simply amazing. Anything related to Hayao Miyazaki tends to be awesome. I say go for it.

Nausicaa of The Valley of The Wind and Laputa Castle in The Sky were my favorites.

Cortexian
May 12th, 2011, 09:22 PM
I don't know what any of that is, but the sky castle and valley-city things were cool.

jcap
May 13th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Alright, here's an announcement everyone:

I gave a little heads-up about a week ago that I would be doing router maintenance this weekend. Well, I just took down my primary router and substituted in an old, cheap home consumer one. There shouldn't be any impact of performance for you. Since I know how serious Minecraft withdrawal is, I forwarded the Minecraft and Dynmap ports. Until I get the new router configured and in place, you will need to access the dynmap through its old address again: http://minecraft.modacity.net:8123

I don't yet know how long it will be until I put in the new router, but I need to order a lot of hardware and do a lot of configuration stuff.

ThePlague
May 13th, 2011, 02:07 AM
And also I am an admin, thanks to the community!

On another note, the city seems to have died off. Is everyone else like me, and has no idea what to build? Or has life consumed you all?

jcap
May 13th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Finals.

ASPWolf
May 13th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Well I still plan on building something, can't think of anything yet though. :/

EX12693
May 13th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Finals and my building hates me..

ThePlague
May 14th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Yeah...so...I hope the map is backed up...I accidentally deleted 65k blocks. :C

Probably the worst greifing ever, and I destroyed half the city...

jcap
May 14th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Go fuck yourself you god damn son of a bitch

How the FUCK do you screw that up. You have to have fucking downs syndrome to delete a region that huge affecting that many blocks

What the fuck I can't even

I can restore a backup from last week but I lose all of my progress thanks to your own incompetence

I would have backed it up last night but I didn't think some fucking moron would be retarded enough to delete the fucking city

You better start reading up on worldedit because you are going to be spending the next week creating schematics to reimport and fix lost work

And you just totally blew the opportunity for anyone in the future to ever have admin privileges...and you weren't even a full admin!

ASPWolf
May 14th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Well encase anyone missed it, this is what he did...
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg118/ooeshawn/2011-05-14_113309-1.png

Amit
May 14th, 2011, 11:34 AM
How easy is it to delete such a large amount of blocks in a game like this?

EX12693
May 14th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Plague. It's called //undo

Also, to Skyline and Wolf, trolls will get killed. Get over it.

TeeKup
May 14th, 2011, 05:13 PM
WHAT DID YOU DO!?

EX12693
May 14th, 2011, 07:14 PM
I killed skyline. With a lava bucket. On my property. Cause he wouldnt go away.

Cortexian
May 15th, 2011, 05:01 AM
It doesn't work when you delete a region so large that the server kicks everyone out and forgets its own undo cache.

ASPWolf
May 15th, 2011, 10:01 AM

Also, to Skyline and Wolf, trolls will get killed. Get over it.

I don't see how Skyline walking on your building, and looking around is considered trolling?

Cortexian
May 15th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Yeah EX, stop killing people you dink.

This isn't a PvP server.

Amit
May 15th, 2011, 01:36 PM
It doesn't work when you delete a region so large that the server kicks everyone out and forgets its own undo cache.

Is that what actually happened? I'm ignorant of Minecraft things.

Cortexian
May 15th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Is that what actually happened?
Yes.

ihatetn931
May 15th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Minecraft Name: ihatetn931
Reasons you want to play on our server: i have friends that plays there one of them is injuriouswolf
How you can assist players on the server: I can show them the ropes of minecraft, I have hosted a server in the pass and know how minecraft works.

sevlag
May 15th, 2011, 04:35 PM
You were identified by BigBrother after a TNT explosion damaged the train station. The TNT, which was placed by you under the station, was connected to the cart booster pressure plate redstone trace, which detonated when the track was used. For that reason, you were removed from the whitelist. After various other griefing incidents involving TNT by a member on the whitelist before BigBrother was installed, we can only assume the others were your doing too.

If you want to be placed back on the whitelist, you will need to reapply for the server. If all active players agree to allow you back, I'll add you again.
my trap worked though and thus i define that as a success

i cant help it if bukkit isnt on...you turned off creepers anyway so why bother to not have bukkit?

also i never wanted a railstation close to my house, you forced it upon me so i voiced my opinion...by blowing a section of the station up, i mean it could have been worse, i could have burned the station down...which reminds me, flaming arrow dispenser sounds like a good trap

don't cry about something that was preventable by putting bukkit back on the server, besides it was bound to end after i ran out of dungeons to pillage (as that was my only means of getting the gunpowder)

dark navi
May 15th, 2011, 06:35 PM

i cant help it if bukkit isnt on...you turned off creepers anyway so why bother to not have bukkit?

also i never wanted a railstation close to my house, you forced it upon me so i voiced my opinion...by blowing a section of the station up, i mean it could have been worse, i could have burned the station down...which reminds me, flaming arrow dispenser sounds like a good trap

don't cry about something that was preventable by putting bukkit back on the server, besides it was bound to end after i ran out of dungeons to pillage (as that was my only means of getting the gunpowder)

Bukkit is the server.

ASPWolf
May 15th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Minecraft Name: ihatetn931
Reasons you want to play on our server: i have friends that plays there one of them is injuriouswolf
How you can assist players on the server: I can show them the ropes of minecraft, I have hosted a server in the pass and know how minecraft works.

Injuriouswolf approves of this message ^^

Amit
May 15th, 2011, 11:33 PM

You do know that voicing your opinion involves using your voice and not explosives right?

TeeKup
May 15th, 2011, 11:40 PM
As long as no one blows up my WIP suburb near my tree house I'm good, PLEASE try and refrain from deleting that chunk. >___>

Rook
May 16th, 2011, 12:48 AM
yo i would enjoy being on the white list, and getting the ip? name: rook_

jcap
May 16th, 2011, 01:12 AM

You're a fucking cunt.

Seriously just fuck off.

ihatetn931
May 16th, 2011, 03:29 AM
jcap, Here is what i was talking about in game

Canary
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=241258&f=1023

Craftbook (it's not fully completed for bukkit, but the older version which has all the stuff works for canary)
http://craftbook.sk89q.com/wiki/Main_Page

sevlag
May 16th, 2011, 08:08 AM
You do know that voicing your opinion involves using your voice and not explosives right?
now wheres the fun in that?

You're a fucking cunt.

Seriously just fuck off.

you're just mad because I'm speaking the truth, instead of turning off creeper explosions you opted to leave it even though you turned off creepers which left TNT as the only viable method of demolition (that and filnt and tinder, but thats only if the house is made of wood)

i mean it could have been worse, i was planning to reroute all tracks leading to the railstation by my house down a pit into lava, actually had the lava pit and everything ready to go

i also planned to make landmines under the path leading to my house

Amit
May 16th, 2011, 11:11 AM

Well proceed only after reason doesn't work.

you're just mad because I'm speaking the truth, instead of turning off creeper explosions you opted to leave it even though you turned off creepers which left TNT as the only viable method of demolition (that and filnt and tinder, but thats only if the house is made of wood)

i mean it could have been worse, i was planning to reroute all tracks leading to the railstation by my house down a pit into lava, actually had the lava pit and everything ready to go

i also planned to make landmines under the path leading to my house

Jesus, you sound like a sadist. Just sayin'.

Cortexian
May 16th, 2011, 01:41 PM
sevlag, I never heard a single complaint from you about there being a station near your house...