PDA

View Full Version : CryEngine3 modding with Crysis 2 begins!

Zeph
June 29th, 2011, 11:27 AM
https://secure.mycrysis.com/support/

Crytek just opened up a way into CryEngine 3 with a mapping suite for Crysis 2. I'm still downloading it and Crymod is still being upgraded, so I don't know how expansive it is but it will at least allow us to stick models and such into the game.

^_^

I'm back for this.

Amit
June 29th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Hopefully the first proper mod that gets released is a Crysis 1 remake. No idea why people hated the campaign so much. It seemed a lot better than campaigns for other games.

Zeph
June 29th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Gotten it all installed now and am browsing through the new stuff. Good news is they've got plugins for Max 9-14as well as their Maya equivalents, meaning my copy of 2012 will work ^_^. I'm trying to find a way to see if they've included any Live Create features in here, but I'm not seeing anything through the Max Plugins and tools yet. Gonna have to drop the Maya plugins and see if it's an animation only thing or something.

One thing I did take note of is that you don't actually need an activated copy of Crysis 2 to use the editor much like in Wars (albeit they dont actually have a trial installer out there). As long as you've installed the game from the DVD and patched it to v1.9, you can install and use the Mod SDK.