PDA

View Full Version : We're back! CMT Returns!

Pages : 1 [2]

Amit
October 12th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Oh noes, I made you guis mad.

Warsaw
October 13th, 2011, 01:02 AM
There is a reason why wood is no longer used in standard military firearms. A number of reasons actually.

Because it's heavy and maintenance intensive. However, it's more durable than plastic and will burst into flames at a higher temperature than plastic will start melting at. It's a trade-off, really.

Turret: Jaw-dropping amazing work. I'm really looking forward to this. I would pay full retail price for this level of detail.

neuro
October 13th, 2011, 02:17 AM
that's just the turret too, wait for the whole thing lol.

TM_updates
October 13th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Lol does Ubisoft approve of this Neuro? :p (Edit: holy doodle that emoticon looks sick)
Turret looks nice yeah.

Blumoon94
October 15th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I'm just wondering, but since you guys are back. What's gonna happen with this? http://halomaps.com/ I know the time for xbox modding is probably something for 5 years ago, makes me kind of wish I wasn't only 16 and I actually understood this stuff back then. But I had been working on a project to make a Halo 2 style remake of the campaign for Halo on the xbox. As far as the HUD, vehicles, etc goes, and I had actually gotten pretty far, but I gave up without any help, it seemed mostly impossible that way, even with the progress I had. If anyone wants to help me with this, I would be willing to give it a shot again for anybody interested.

Amit
October 15th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I didn't even know there was a HaloMaps.com. Everyone knows halomaps.org, though.

neuro
October 16th, 2011, 08:51 AM
last news post.. 2009

Blumoon94
October 16th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Yea, I have been keeping an eye on it and it has been up and down every now and then, but nothing has really been added in forever. But someone has to be paying for that domain, so there must be a reason it's still there. lol.

Masterz1337
October 30th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Wow, August 20th? Guess I haven't been the best about posting my works...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdU_ezIBAEI
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdU_ezIBAEI)LdU_ezIBAEI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdU_ezIBAEI)

Yes, just like in Reach. Or perhaps, "Just Like in Reach"™. The creativity deficit here at CMT strikes again!

This behavior is accomplished by setting the shielding-poses to be in the unit's "flee" animation state, and then having the actors use the "flee" state when they berserk or get close to an enemy.

Some visuals (especially the Hunters, bleh - expect them to be significantly re-worked before you see them up-close again) and gameplay-related stuff (like weapon behavior and damage and all that - everything is constantly changing) are incomplete and subject to change. In particular, the weapon used by the Hunters isn't going to replace their traditional ones so don't freak out about that (in fact wasn't some early version of that one in the SPv2 betas?)

Weapon animations are WIP by ODX - as such please excuse some of their awkward motions and the lack of perfectly synchronized sound (since there's no sense in making sounds for animations that are going to change soon anyway).

As for the map, it's a silly testbed developed to make it easier to test weapon balance and effects at various ranges.

And if you're somehow selectively blind and didn't see the title, this is for the CMT SPv3 mod for Halo CE. Check it out - http://www.halomods.com/cmt

Masterz1337
November 6th, 2011, 11:43 AM
[size=1]--- Original message by: D4NO[/size=1]

http://i.imgur.com/XVJ0s.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Vj1m6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/R2qX1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/V0z8E.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KDzqi.jpg
As you can see, the Grunt has been finished. I'll be adding in the yellow, blue hair and hyena penis later.

*right click > img source for the proper size images btw*
[size=1]Edited by D4NO on Nov 6, 2011 at 08:12 AM[/size=1]
dun dun dun

Warsaw
November 6th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Hold the fucking phone, that's for Halo CE?

Hotrod
November 6th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Looks pretty damn great. Are the Grunts gonna get a makeover as well?

t3h m00kz
November 6th, 2011, 01:39 PM
ohhh man he best keep to his promises :D

n00b1n8R
November 6th, 2011, 05:32 PM
It's not going to be entirely shiny in-game right?

t3h m00kz
November 6th, 2011, 05:37 PM
well OS is going to ship with normal map support on models. So it's going to look pretty damn nice, though I'm not sure what else is going to be modded into the graphics engine.

Kornman00
November 6th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Shaders, shaders, and, oh, shaders

Thanks to some research work by Choking Victim, we've also added optional support for increased (50%) rendering of dynamic triangles.

Masterz1337
November 6th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Before anyone starts asking how that's going to effect us, we have no plans to use that yet. We want our mod to be backward compatible for non OS users, and using that new feature wouldn't result in a very pleasant experience for people who don't have OS. I've seen some things CV has done with it and it's going to lead to some real cool stuff, just not anything related to CMT.

Kornman00
November 6th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Yeah just to clarify, when I said "we" I mean the people who develop OS, not CMT. The increase is off by default anyway. Sapien also supports the increase.

Both CMT and I share the desire to keep as much backwards compatibility with stock games when it comes to our work.

Higuy
November 6th, 2011, 07:38 PM
This is a more of an OS question than CMT one, but would it be possible to expand the detail object collection tag to allow actual models instead of just sprites? (ie actual decent looking grass and ferns)

DarkHalo003
November 6th, 2011, 08:20 PM
This is a more of an OS question than CMT one, but would it be possible to expand the detail object collection tag to allow actual models instead of just sprites? (ie actual decent looking grass and ferns)
Technically, at that point it would be scenery without collision since the big difference between the two is a gbxmodel.

Masterz1337
November 6th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I wanted this too, but theres no reason to put the work in when you can just do scenery. Also..

A preview of their first pass in-game. Pardon the lack of a rig; shaders are WIP so any suggestions there would be appreciated as long as it's reasonable. They're also missing their helmets and armor coloration permutations (which are coming soon).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10778064/misc/spec/haloce 2011-11-06 21-20-11-60.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10778064/misc/spec/haloce 2011-11-06 21-20-57-92.png

t3h m00kz
November 6th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Quills aren't blue enough

DarkHalo003
November 6th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Quills aren't blue enough
IMO they aren't Long enough. Maybe that's what seems weird about them.

I'd also suggest toning the grime on the armor down a bit; as far as styles, it's not really matching the rest of it all, unless that IS the general style of it all.

Hotrod
November 6th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Is it just me, or do their heads look too big?

t3h m00kz
November 6th, 2011, 10:40 PM
IMO they aren't Long enough. Maybe that's what seems weird about them.

I actually have to agree, I think they would look much better if they were extended out a bit.. and maybe a few more going down the back of the neck. Head size is probably just a perspective thing..

Masterz1337
November 6th, 2011, 11:03 PM
We'll see what we can do. We try to keep things proportional with the H1 models, so we don't get any collision or animation fuckups like you see in HA10. The jackal is the enemy that changed the most from H1->H2 art wise, as the H1 Jackal was never very good looking to begin with.

t3h m00kz
November 6th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Oh I completely understand wanting to keep it as close to the original as possible and keep things as compatible with the original stuff as possible. though changing the quills around at the very least shouldn't really affect much.

Masterz1337
November 6th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Quills won't be a problem, I meant to quote the post about the head. I'll let Dano know your opinions on the quills.

Bobblehob
November 6th, 2011, 11:22 PM
As long as the color of the armor ends up being a bit more vibrant than this, then I will be happy. At the moment its generally drab as far as coloring is concerned.
I did notice that proportion wise, the neck does seem to be a bit too short, but that may not apply to the h1 jackal.

Higuy
November 7th, 2011, 05:40 AM
I wanted this too, but theres no reason to put the work in when you can just do scenery.

Yes, however, scenery takes up alot more time + effort and also wouldn't have the same "slowly fading out" function that doc does.

Choking Victim
November 7th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Before anyone starts asking how that's going to effect us, we have no plans to use that yet. We want our mod to be backward compatible for non OS users, and using that new feature wouldn't result in a very pleasant experience for people who don't have OS. I've seen some things CV has done with it and it's going to lead to some real cool stuff, just not anything related to CMT.
There's plenty of things I have in store for CMT that I haven't shown publicly though, of course the extensions that break compatibility weren't for CMT. Just some things I thought the community could use in the next release of OS. To clarify, the increased rendering of dynamic triangles is specifically for bsp's. You can now render 50% more triangles on screen, which prevents the game from culling higher poly bsps ingame and in sapien.
Here's some examples:
Before:

After:

As you can see, with the upgrades, the game does not randomly cull parts of the map after it hits the old render limit. Portals are still a necessary part of the map making process (I would say even moreso now than before) and this extension helps by allowing you to have finer control of your clusters for higher poly bsps. As masters said this isn't CMT related, I just felt the need to clarify a few things. Stay tuned for some CMT related awesomesauce related to the flood though ;D.

Masterz1337
November 7th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Yes, however, scenery takes up alot more time + effort and also wouldn't have the same "slowly fading out" function that doc does.
I'll bring the subject up again.

they're rigged and I tried to make their necks and hairs longer guys [within the aforementioned animation and collision constraints]; also higuy I dimmed the reflections.

sniper helmet is untextured wip; lensflare was placed using guerilla because I was too lazy to do it in the model for an unfinished perm.

majors will have their helmet but again, lazy.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10778064/misc/screencaps/haloce%202011-11-07%2011-42-59-90.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10778064/misc/screencaps/haloce%202011-11-07%2011-43-27-61.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10778064/misc/screencaps/haloce%202011-11-07%2011-44-13-83.png

TVTyrant
November 7th, 2011, 11:31 AM
God that looks awesome.

=sw=warlord
November 7th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Looking good, the only thing that seems to let it down is the shadows on the floor.
Is it possible using OS to increase the definition of the shadows or is it down to how many rays of light Halo casts?

Choking Victim
November 7th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Looking good, the only thing that seems to let it down is the shadows on the floor.
Is it possible using OS to increase the definition of the shadows or is it down to how many rays of light Halo casts?
iirc the game generates shadows based on the collision model, not the gbxmodel itself. A fix would be a higher resolution collision model, but I don't think that's necessary.

Masterz1337
November 7th, 2011, 12:06 PM
We're actually not to sure why the shadows appear to be so bad :-\. We're going to look into it though.

Hotrod
November 7th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Man, that looks great. It's good to see the sniper Jackals in the game since they were a nice addition to all post-Halo 1 games.

And the heads don't look as big when they're rigged like that and have the shields, just to go back on my complaint from before.

Choking Victim
November 9th, 2011, 08:23 AM
An update, since I feel this is ready to be shown:

Unit Infections

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fNRoES4spY

How it works: The user can specify an "infectious biped" that can infect and transform other bipeds. When the infectious biped attaches to a biped, both units are checked for extensions. If both of them have settings defined in the yelo_globals tag, they will be infected and transformed into a biped specified by the tagger. I've added all sorts of bells and whistles for the transformation process. Taggers can define an effect to spawn during the transition, along with "pulsating flood puss blobs" to attach to the infected biped as the transition happens (a la halo 3).

Obviously still a WIP, but you can expect scenarios where you're fighting along side marines, only to have them transforming into flood forms all around you. This should make the end of 343 guilty spark all the more terrifying.

I should stress that I'm not a tagger for the team, so I didn't spend much time putting this video together. But I've given the taggers the parameters necessary to do some really cool stuff with it, so when it finally gets to them you can expect a pretty neat transition from elite->flood form. Users can define an animation going into and coming out of the transition, spawn effects, and other things to make the sequence look really painful and awesome.

Amit
November 9th, 2011, 09:24 AM
That's awesome.

Bobblehob
November 9th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Wow, that is really cool, I was reminded of a bit in Reach with a crazy marine who thinks grunt bites transform you into grunts xD I think that would be pretty awesome to do as well as flood.

Choking Victim
November 9th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Wow, that is really cool, I was reminded of a bit in Reach with a crazy marine who thinks grunt bites transform you into grunts xD I think that would be pretty awesome to do as well as flood.
The extensions actually allow you to define any biped you want to be infectious (granted they have the "impact melee attaches to units" flag checked), any biped you want to be infectable, and any biped you want them to transition to. So you can actually do this when OS is released. It'd look pretty weird having a grunt attach to you after a melee though. ;P

PopeAK49
November 9th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Wow! I didn't even know that was possible. Excellent job so far!

EagerYoungSpaceCadet
November 9th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Looks wierd but awesome.

Also, didn't the "flood pus blobs" use some sort of jigglebone effect? I remember that they did have inertia in Halo 3.

Choking Victim
November 9th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Looks wierd but awesome.

Also, didn't the "flood pus blobs" use some sort of jigglebone effect? I remember that they did have inertia in Halo 3.
Like I said, I'm not a tagger for the team so I didn't put the time into making a fleshed out (literally) infection sequence. My goal is just to give the taggers a foundation to work with and I'm excited to see where they go with it.

Also, the "flood pus blobs" are just animated objects in halo 3 that are attached to the unit during the infection sequence, which is essentially what my code does (as demonstrated when the oversized placeholder blobs appear on the elite in the video).

DarkHalo003
November 9th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Awesome! At first I was worried you'd have posted aesthetic changes to the Flood, but this is definitely cool stuff. Keep up the good work y'all!

Siliconmaster
November 10th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Awesome, looks amazing.

Masterz1337
November 18th, 2011, 10:31 PM
I did this today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEjtqWLhlDo
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEjtqWLhlDo)nEjtqWLhlDo

I also de-uniformified the teeth and extended their plume and some other crap I can't remember.

Yes, that is what a50 looks like.

n00b1n8R
November 19th, 2011, 06:41 PM
This is looking better than anniversary :v:

nuttyyayap
November 19th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Yes, it does, but many people harshly disagree.

itszutak
November 19th, 2011, 09:23 PM
sexy.

Amit
November 19th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Oh sweet Jesus! I never thought I'd see GREAT looking jackals shield in Halo PCE.

Warsaw
November 20th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Holy balls, that is looking sick. Way to completely undermine Anniversary's release guys. :iamafag:

HUD ruins it, though.
:mech:

BobtheGreatII
November 20th, 2011, 12:57 AM
I agree. HUD really throws off the entire feel.

Personally I think if you guys just cleaned up the original HUD, maybe did a few minor changes to it, it would be so much better.

Kornman00
November 20th, 2011, 01:46 AM
Yeah, that HUD is crap. But I don't think it's the current HUD.

Amit
November 20th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Heh, I wasn't looking at the HUD if you know what I mean :realsmug:

Masterz1337
November 20th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Which HUD are you talking about? The one in the video (SPV2 HUD), or the one in some of the pictures?

Warsaw
November 20th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Talking about this:

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/916/finalar.png

It's massive. It's very chunky. It doesn't feel "Halo." If I knew you guys were open to some suggestions, I'd knock out a mock-up on paper (not skilled with Illustrator or Photoshop, etc.) on a HUD that doesn't completely rape your retinas.

TVTyrant
November 20th, 2011, 09:23 PM
God is that Plasma rifle sexy. DO WANT

Amit
November 20th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Talking about this:

It's massive. It's very chunky. It doesn't feel "Halo." If I knew you guys were open to some suggestions, I'd knock out a mock-up on paper (not skilled with Illustrator or Photoshop, etc.) on a HUD that doesn't completely rape your retinas.

That was not the HUD we were talking about lol. Watch the video on the previous page.

Warsaw
November 20th, 2011, 11:05 PM
I know, that was the SPv2 HUD in the video. Masters and I were talking about the HUD in another thread, and I thought I'd take the opportunity to show that I think the new one is just as ugly as the old one.

Besides, he asked which one we were talking about. In my case, both.

Amit
November 20th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Seems reasonable.

TVTyrant
November 21st, 2011, 12:22 AM
I like the old one :(

MXC
November 21st, 2011, 12:11 PM
I know, that was the SPv2 HUD in the video. Masters and I were talking about the HUD in another thread, and I thought I'd take the opportunity to show that I think the new one is just as ugly as the old one.

Besides, he asked which one we were talking about. In my case, both.

Yeah, neither of the HUDs blend in very well with the scenery. They stick out far too much.

EDIT: Scratch that, in well lit/grey environments they could work, but the colors are too...I'm going to use the word "thick"... to fit in any other setting. Mainly organic.