PDA

View Full Version : HPC Halo PC Tricking/Glitching: The Ghost Froom Trailer

Mator
August 19th, 2011, 09:27 PM
http://puu.sh/4yMI

Hello Modacity members.

This is a trailer for an upcoming video about one of the greatest tricks/glitches ever accomplished in Halo: Combat Evolved (PC), the Ghost Froom. This trick is one of the most elaborate and complex tricks I have ever performed. It took several months to create it. If you have any questions about the trick please ask. I'll do my best to respond without spoiling too much before the final video.

Please watch and enjoy the trailer. I worked very hard on it. Feedback is appreciated.

Note: Asides from the use of flycam for detached-camera footage no third party programs, mods, trainers, or hacks were used in the creation of this trick.

dHnDvnL1T0I
Direct Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHnDvnL1T0I

If you're scratching your head thinking "What did I just see?" Here's a hint:
It's a Ghost floating in the sky.

-Mator

P.S. This is a trailer. You're not supposed to understand the trick. Just enjoy the video and wait for the explanation until the final video, which will be released sometime in the next three months.

supersniper
August 19th, 2011, 11:47 PM
what the fuck is a froom?

lol?
look the BANSHEE FROOM

let me go get my cortana froom and we'll go beat up some flood froom.

lol WTF?

Mator
August 20th, 2011, 12:20 AM
what the fuck is a froom?

lol?
look the BANSHEE FROOM

let me go get my cortana froom and we'll go beat up some flood froom.

lol WTF?

You have to understand, the names people come up for things can be quite eccentric, especially when they're trying to be original.

In this case "Froom" is actually a combination of two other words, "Floating" and "Shroom". The former describes the nature of the stunt: floating. The latter has to do with how the stunt starts out. It's really quite an ingenious and creative name when you understand the details, though not understanding the details I can see how you would find it strange. More information on what a Shroom is and how the name "Froom" came about will be in the final video.

-Mator

Amit
August 20th, 2011, 12:55 PM
1. froom

A lintlike substance found in one's belly button.

"I have been plagued with froom ever since the third grade."

WTF?

Mator
August 20th, 2011, 01:01 PM
WTF?

LOL! I didn't even know it was actually a word! xD

But name still sense make. :|

TPBlinD
August 20th, 2011, 05:41 PM
lol? halo ce tricks are so 2005.

Vicky
August 20th, 2011, 05:57 PM
So true...

Mator
August 20th, 2011, 06:14 PM
lol? halo ce tricks are so 2005.

Same old lousy argument I see. Coolbeans.

Vicky
August 20th, 2011, 06:54 PM
There's always a downside to posting glitches.. Say you're in a good ctf game, all fair/good players, all playing and no TK-ing and whatever shit could happen.. some noob comes in and starts using glitches that totally f*ck up the game.. good way to ruin a good game...

And if you would disagree with this you probably are that noob or don't care for a good game.

Mator
August 20th, 2011, 07:50 PM
There's always a downside to posting glitches.. Say you're in a good ctf game, all fair/good players, all playing and no TK-ing and whatever shit could happen.. some noob comes in and starts using glitches that totally f*ck up the game.. good way to ruin a good game...

And if you would disagree with this you probably are that noob or don't care for a good game.

This glitch is pretty much impossible to do in a normal game. Also, there are people who do glitches for fun - outside of normal games. But you do have a point that most people are going to misunderstand this, as most people's experience with glitches are those with that one noob coming into the game and ruining it for everyone.

Pooky
August 20th, 2011, 08:21 PM

Then there are those games where the glitches completely make the experience :D

Con
August 20th, 2011, 08:31 PM

You're making this out to be a huge deal. There's not a whole lot you can do in a normal gametype that would "totally fuck up the game". I guess this makes me that noob?

It's a shame that most people don't "get" stunts. From someone who can appreciate them, good job Mator.

Higuy
August 20th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Then there are those games where the glitches completely make the experience :D

= Halo 2 superbounce

Vicky
August 20th, 2011, 08:59 PM
You're making this out to be a huge deal. There's not a whole lot you can do in a normal gametype that would "totally fuck up the game". I guess this makes me that noob?

It's a shame that most people don't "get" stunts. From someone who can appreciate them, good job Mator.

Try CTF on Danger Canyon then with ppl using the glitches there... I don't like that, do you? And there's a big difference between stunts and glitches, stunts are cool..

Con
August 20th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Try CTF on Danger Canyon then with ppl using the glitches there... I don't like that, do you? And there's a big difference between stunts and glitches, stunts are cool..
Once the enemy team finds out, that base-to-base one is useless. Still, I didn't say there aren't any glitches/whatever that affect gameplay, I'm just saying there's few practical for cheating and it happens too rarely to be a problem. I don't think there's a downside to posting glitches. People have been doing it for a long time.

Mator
August 21st, 2011, 12:06 AM
Thanks Con, and Pooky. :)

supersniper
August 21st, 2011, 12:34 AM
i'm that noob :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6WOk3fl2JA

Amit
August 21st, 2011, 02:45 AM
The majority of Halo CE players (south americans) don't look online for glitches or we'd run into this problem more often. And seeing as glitching has been on the webz for years and years, it's not going to suddenly start becoming a problem unless a group of people hop from server to server doing it continuously. I can't see many people doing it.

Vicky
August 21st, 2011, 08:27 AM
i'm that noob :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6WOk3fl2JA

Yeah this one's fun without unlimited ammo :P

TPBlinD
August 21st, 2011, 10:03 AM
The only glitch imo that severely affects gameplay is Danger canyon's invisible wall on the ledge.
Halo stunts have been done to death brah. You're just standing on the shoulders of giants B)

Mator
August 21st, 2011, 12:07 PM
The only glitch imo that severely affects gameplay is Danger canyon's invisible wall on the ledge.
Halo stunts have been done to death brah. You're just standing on the shoulders of giants B)

I've been doing them since 06'... And it's not easy to find stuff people missed in a 10 year old game. I've found about 50 new (never before done/documented) stunts in the game over the last five years. That pretty much makes me one of those giants.

-Mator

supersniper
August 21st, 2011, 01:13 PM
Well i mean it sounds like you take pride in finding new "halo stunts"
honestly there's probably so much in halo pc/ce based of just the BSP errors. like the rock in bloodgulch that has no bsp under it behind the red base, you glitch in there it's a bottomless pit to death.

Your trying to make something that's really no big deal into something thats HUGE

Mator
August 21st, 2011, 01:49 PM
Well i mean it sounds like you take pride in finding new "halo stunts"
honestly there's probably so much in halo pc/ce based of just the BSP errors. like the rock in bloodgulch that has no bsp under it behind the red base, you glitch in there it's a bottomless pit to death.

Your trying to make something that's really no big deal into something thats HUGE

Eye of the beholder my friend. ;)

Oh and, glitching into a rock without a bottom is not interesting at all. That's just lame. And it's not even really a glitch that it doesn't have a bottom, it's just when they were developing the map Blood Gulch they were experimenting with two different rock types, one which molded into the BSP/map geometry and one which actually was a separate object which was placed on the ground that continued downwards partially under it.

supersniper
August 21st, 2011, 04:36 PM
you totally didn't understand my point...
the point was it's no big deal so quit acting like it is.

n00b1n8R
August 21st, 2011, 04:49 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XgeYLAgHiyA/TNogaxTPM6I/AAAAAAAAAKs/yTF9P8mYGLw/s640/stop.jpg
:frogout:

Mator
August 21st, 2011, 08:38 PM
:frogout: Thanks. Seems like reason didn't get to him. Nothing like big pictures with awesome captions to do what it can't. ;P

-Mator

Cloud
August 22nd, 2011, 12:22 AM
Very cool. I Don't like glitching in open servers but if they are just for fun on passworded servers i see no problem to make some cool tage about it :)

Cortexian
August 22nd, 2011, 04:42 PM
Not really sure why people are hating on stunting/glitching. There's nothing wrong with it when the server owner and the majority of the people in the server are all doing it. After-all, what the server owner says goes.

I see how you did it, and that's pretty neat. Don't think I've seen that done before myself.

supersniper
August 22nd, 2011, 05:31 PM
I'm not sayin it's bad at all, i'm just sayin it's old, glitches are so back in the day and he's actin like it's a whole new thing.

flyingmonkey3
August 22nd, 2011, 05:41 PM
Tbh it looks like you're making a big deal about it too.

Cloud
August 22nd, 2011, 08:30 PM
im just happy people are doing stuff for this ole game its very interesting.

Donut
August 22nd, 2011, 09:19 PM
never been a fan of tricking, but its cool that youve been doing it so long. its nice to see this game still getting some love.

n00b1n8R
August 22nd, 2011, 11:43 PM
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab310/arrancar47/NoFunAllowed.jpg?t=1254893359
:frogout2:

Cloud
August 23rd, 2011, 01:03 AM
never been a fan of tricking, but its cool that youve been doing it so long. its nice to see this game still getting some love.

yeah seeing as H2V is failing im moving my clan to CE we are basically all CE now.

Im glad people still care about this game.

I just hope one day will have another halo game for pc :/ as so many others.

TeeKup
August 23rd, 2011, 07:35 AM
I'm not sayin it's bad at all, i'm just sayin it's old, glitches are so back in the day and he's actin like it's a whole new thing.
Your attitude is like saying Metroid and Kirby's Adventure are worthless because of their age and the sheer amount they've been played.

That's completely wrong and irrelevant. It doesn't matter if its "old", Whats fun is fun.

Mator
August 23rd, 2011, 02:32 PM
yeah seeing as H2V is failing im moving my clan to CE we are basically all CE now. Im glad people still care about this game. I just hope one day will have another halo game for pc :/ as so many others. If you or anyone in your clan is ever interested in doing some stunts/tricks let me know. If I'm not too busy with college life I might drop by and teach you guys some stuff. ;)

TPBlinD
August 23rd, 2011, 05:13 PM
Honestly though? You're making this up to be some huge deal, you made a fucking banner and a trailer for it, called it "one of the greatest tricks/glitches ever accomplished in Halo: Combat Evolved", and then stuck a stupid name on it. You haven't found any new stunts, you're just doing the same old shit thats been done countless times before except on a larger scale. I mean really.

Mator
August 23rd, 2011, 10:03 PM
Honestly though? You're making this up to be some huge deal, you made a fucking banner and a trailer for it, called it "one of the greatest tricks/glitches ever accomplished in Halo: Combat Evolved", and then stuck a stupid name on it. You haven't found any new stunts, you're just doing the same old shit thats been done countless times before except on a larger scale. I mean really.

Yo bitch, go rage somewhere else. You're wrong and you have no background in stunting/tricking in Halo PC to base your arguments. So just get out.

-Mator

Zeph
August 23rd, 2011, 10:05 PM

it's funny cause it's true

mech
August 24th, 2011, 04:38 AM
Yo bitch, go rage somewhere else. You're wrong and you have no background in stunting/tricking in Halo PC to base your arguments. So just get out.

-Mator

lol

TPBlinD
August 24th, 2011, 04:21 PM

-Mator
Okay, you seem kind of mad for some reason? I don't really see why. All i'm saying is that you're blowing this whole thing out of proportion. I've always liked stunts(not really stunts, seeing as how you're just blowing vehicles up into the air), ever since I first saw the warthog jump. I'm sorry for bursting your bubble but you really need to get off your high horse, haha.
edit: hoaers

Mator
August 24th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Okay, you seem kind of mad for some reason? I don't really see why. All i'm saying is that you're blowing this whole thing out of proportion. I've always liked stunts(not really stunts, seeing as how you're just blowing vehicles up into the air), ever since I first saw the warthog jump. I'm sorry for bursting your bubble but you really need to get off your high horse, haha.
edit: hoaers

I'm not mad, I'm just telling you to get out because you don't know wtf you're talking about.

I'm not blowing it out of proportion at all. The Ghost Froom is just as great, if not greater, than the trailer makes it out to be, you wouldn't understand this because you don't understand the stunt. You lack any real first-hand experience with stunting Halo: Combat Evolved (PC) and you probably have never even seen a stunt from multiplayer (save the obvious: Hog Door, DC wallhack, etc.)

TL;DR: You don't know shit about this, so who are you to say I'm prancing around on a high horse? You don't even know what the trick is yet you still have the nerve to say "that's old and you suck." Do you know who I am? Read up, ignoramus! (http://jumprs.org/forum/showthread.php?1085-Team-LimitLess-Presents-Hypertonic-A-Halo-3-Trick-Jumping-Montage/page3)

Also, I'm not "just blowing vehicle up into the air", this statement shows how little you understand about the trailer. The Ghost Froom involves a very long process that involves blowing "a vehicle into the air" once, and even then it's not that simple, as the Ghost ends up floating, motionless, in the sky some 150 meters above the map after this "launch" (which is a stunt I might add. Almost all of "Warthog Jump" was doing just what you said stunts aren't, blowing vehicles into the air. Wow you look stupid right now.)

Ok? Now GTFO.

-Mator

chrisk123999
August 24th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Halo stunting: serious business.

Instead of making a stupid trailer for a "stunt." Why don't you just show us the video so we can see what happens ourselves? Nothing in that video looks anything special.

Zeph
August 24th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Says the person who has nothing better to do in their life than spend five hours to push a ghost through the sky material on blood gulch, make a video about it, and even more hilariously make a trailer for the video about it.

Perhaps you should do some reading up on who we are here.

DEElekgolo
August 24th, 2011, 07:35 PM
syk d0p3 wykyd pr0

TPBlinD
August 24th, 2011, 07:44 PM
I know exactly what i'm talking about. I dig your baseless knowledge about me though, good job bro. Your trick is stupid, I'll just be straight up about that. You get a ghost stuck on the ceiling of bloodgulch..... damn, skillz.
The trailer seems pretentious and... boring. So I seriously hope the actual trick would be better, lol.

but in all seriousness, DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I AM MOTHERFUCKING BLIND. HALO GOD. Don't tread on me bro, I run shit on this game. 3sk you into oblivion and outstunt you because thats how I roll. Your link isn't loading, and the site doesn't seem very interesting so I'm just going to overlook that.
In the Warthog jump and the other videos after it, IIRC they launched vehicles from the top of those tower things all the way to the other towers. Thats a fucking trick, yours is just getting a ghost stuck on the roof.

-blind

also, don't release a trailer for a STUNT in an old and outdated game and expect people to keep interest in it THREE MONTHS after the fact. This isn't hollywood, bad scrub.

TeeKup
August 25th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Kid you are by no means the first or best, you don't even come close.

TPBlinD
August 25th, 2011, 10:06 AM
also, i can get a ghost to float in the sky too........... on danger canyon............. on the gap in the imddle of the map..............

king_nothing_
August 25th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I was a pro stunter like six years ago.

Mator
August 26th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Mmmmhm.

TL;DR: You're all a bunch of ignorant douche-bags. But that's k. I tried to help you see, but you remained inexorably BLIND. (pun intended.)

=sw=warlord
August 27th, 2011, 10:29 AM
So...I saw the trailer, saw a ghost float, what now?
I was doing this in 05 with Pauls Devmode tool.
Nothing here was impressive, next stage is to be populating timberland with log houses and platforms but if you find that hard, just swap a few projectiles.

TPBlinD
August 27th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Mmmmhm.

TL;DR: You're all a bunch of ignorant douche-bags. But that's k. I tried to help you see, but you remained inexorably BLIND. (pun intended.)And you're putting yourself on a pedestal. This trick is dumb.

Amit
August 27th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Alright, well any amount of criticism usually adds to the negative meter in the author's brain, which would explain his saucy comments. The thing is that you're not going to find anyone here interested in what you've done, Mator. The issue is that it's nothing new or exciting. You're not likely to find any appreciation of this kind of thing in any Halo community, but you could try Halomaps; there are a lot of crazy people over there.

Mator
August 27th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Alright, well any amount of criticism usually adds to the negative meter in the author's brain, which would explain his saucy comments. The thing is that you're not going to find anyone here interested in what you've done, Mator. The issue is that it's nothing new or exciting. You're not likely to find any appreciation of this kind of thing in any Halo community, but you could try Halomaps; there are a lot of crazy people over there.

Aside from the few spammers/trolls/haters who fucked this thread up, it was actually quite successful here. There were quite a few individuals who liked what they saw. I don't need to quote pages 1-4. After that the BKs came along and ruin it.

So, I take your overarching generalizations with a pound of salt and say you are wrong, and that you too need to get out. There was a nice little something said by a mod over at HaloMaps on the thread for this video which I think is equally applicable here:

"Enough arguments. If you are interested in the trick video then feel free to post. If you are not then ignore the thread. Simple."

-Mator

TeeKup
August 27th, 2011, 05:25 PM
You're coming into a community of Halo veterans who are also "stunt" and "trick" veterans way back from 04 to 08 spouting how you "found/invented some new trick" that is in actuality very generic and boring.

Don't give us that crap, you don't get to have a "high and mighty" attitude here. If you want to puff your chest out go do it at Halomaps or back at Halomods.

Amit
August 27th, 2011, 07:44 PM
So, I take your overarching generalizations with a pound of salt and say you are wrong, and that you too need to get out.

The hell did I do to you? I'm the only one who gave you a neutral response outlining the situation and didn't blatantly bash what you were doing. I told you that it's not new, which it isn't. Should you stop doing it? No. Get the satisfaction from it like most people did (although they experienced that years ago). Just don't spread it like it's the next best thing to Open Sauce. What you could do is a compilation of many stunts rather than focusing on just one. This particular one that you call "Ghost Froom" I've seen before, but no instructional on it. Could be fun to some people, but most just find it a waste of time these days.

Cortexian
August 27th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Thread cleaned up, my point below.

-Mator
Just an FYI, Blind has probably logged more hours glitching and stunting than you've played Halo in total. I know this because Blind has logged an insane amount of hours just playing the game and dedicating time to community related stuff since the days of GBX and probably before.

He's right though, you've just taken one trick and done it on a larger scale. If you want to do something REALLY impressive, take inspiration from this:
hNnIG_t-TE0

Lots of people here remember when that challenge was issued, I certainly do. If you can't claim the same then you really don't know ANYTHING about stunting. I'm not trying to be insulting here, but you're replying to us like we don't know anything about what it is that you do. The truth is that we probably know more, and have for A LONG LONG TIME.

Modacity is a community of Halo PC veterans, most of our older and experienced members came here directly from the Gearbox Software Forums (see: the people who ported Halo to the PC). We're some of the grizzled ancients of the Halo PC and CE worlds.

Pooky
August 27th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I still think halo dancing was the best non-combat activity in the game. Having a dance-off with mech was probably the silliest thing I ever did on Halo.

mech
August 27th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Those were the days :allears:

Cloud
August 27th, 2011, 09:54 PM
that was a cool vid freelancer ive never actually cared for doing tricks and stuts. But that was pretty impressive.

Bossniak
August 27th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Reading this thread was more exciting than OP's video.

TPBlinD
August 28th, 2011, 12:08 AM
I got such a boner watching that video freelancer.
also, who remembers halosecrets? or bloodgulch.com?
I MISS 2003.

Mator
August 28th, 2011, 01:46 AM
The hell did I do to you? I'm the only one who gave you a neutral response outlining the situation and didn't blatantly bash what you were doing. I told you that it's not new, which it isn't. Should you stop doing it? No. Get the satisfaction from it like most people did (although they experienced that years ago). Just don't spread it like it's the next best thing to Open Sauce. What you could do is a compilation of many stunts rather than focusing on just one. This particular one that you call "Ghost Froom" I've seen before, but no instructional on it. Could be fun to some people, but most just find it a waste of time these days.

It's not old. And I know it's not. You guys don't even really know what the trick is, yet you still insist it's old. You're either trolling me (highly likely, considering this is a modding forum, not a tricking forum), or you're totaling overstepping your experience and making total fools of yourselves.

Either way, I know I'm right about this. I've never seen any of you stunting/tricking in the last 5 years, and there is no way the Ghost Froom is more than 5 years old because a major stunt used in its creation, the Ghost Shroom, was first done/created on Blood Gulch in '06. You're under the impression that I'm some random newbie who doesn't know his history. I've been around for quite some time now, doing new stunts (ex.1 (http://jumprs.org/forum/showthread.php?782-Touching-the-Halo-Ring-in-Single-Player) + hih attempts reference (http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58222), ex.2 (http://jumprs.org/forum/showthread.php?771-Completing-in-the-Pillar-of-Autumn-in-a-Ledge)). I know what I'm talking about. I've seen all the old videos (and reuploaded most of them (http://www.youtube.com/h1stunting)). I've seen the old sites, like ibonk, I've been active for years on HIH, and I've been interacting with influential and veteran trickers for the last 5 years. I'm not bragging here, but I have my credentials. For you to come to me and say, with no evidence/proof, that I'm wrong and that my stunt is old, is like me going up to Chuck Norris saying "You fight bad, I beat your ass." It's fucking backwards.

You have not seen it before unless you were there when I made it or unless someone who was there released footage of it without my permission. You think I'm wrong? Fucking prove it. You show me a Ghost floating on the invisi-barrier on Danger Canyon? Not the same stunt kiddo. You show me a Ghost Platform on the invisi-barrier on Blood Gulch? Not the same stunt kiddo. Don't be fools, swallow your pride and realize you're talking to someone who knows their shit.

Thread cleaned up, my point below.

Just an FYI, Blind has probably logged more hours glitching and stunting than you've played Halo in total. I know this because Blind has logged an insane amount of hours just playing the game and dedicating time to community related stuff since the days of GBX and probably before.

He's right though, you've just taken one trick and done it on a larger scale. If you want to do something REALLY impressive, take inspiration from this:
hNnIG_t-TE0

Lots of people here remember when that challenge was issued, I certainly do. If you can't claim the same then you really don't know ANYTHING about stunting. I'm not trying to be insulting here, but you're replying to us like we don't know anything about what it is that you do. The truth is that we probably know more, and have for A LONG LONG TIME.

Modacity is a community of Halo PC veterans, most of our older and experienced members came here directly from the Gearbox Software Forums (see: the people who ported Halo to the PC). We're some of the grizzled ancients of the Halo PC and CE worlds.

I have about 2,500 hours of playing Halo. 80% of which is stunting. How do I get that number? Xfire has me at 2,100 and I have xfire off about 1/3 of the time. See here (http://www.xfire.com/profile/matortheeternal/).

So you don't know this because you don't know my hours.

I haven't taken a trick and done it on a larger scale. For christ's sake, how many times do I have to explain it! It's not a friggin' launch. That last clip there, that Ghost isn't moving, k? It's floating. 150 meters above the map. Inside of the barrier. Yeah? Old? No. There is no other stunt in Halo that is even remotely similar. I can see how you might be confused as it is a trailer, and it's not supposed to be crystal-clear and all, but I don't think you should go around tooting the "it's old" horn unless you really know what the fuck you're talking about. I'm not just doing something old on a larger scale. And I know this because I've been around for long enough to know what the fuck I'm talking about.

Yeah that, it's called T2T. That challenge started back in 2003 and was completed both by MrMonopoli and Duelies in a 2 day period. It's a campaign tricking challenge and is entirely different from The Ghost Froom. It's also a lot more straightforward. Now, let me show you a little something:

PYDIRrKXih0

See that? Same video right? Guess what, it's uploaded on my channel, h1stunting. Uploaded June 7, 2011. Duelies' video was uploaded June 6, 2011. I knew about this being completed long before you did, and mirror'd the video almost instantly. Yeah bro? You get it? Here, let me enlighten you some more: http://highimpacthalo.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14 That's the Halo 1 Tricking Forum on High Impact Halo, the site where all the trickers met and shared their stuff before it went into cryo. You'll see a lot of the posts there are from a user called -=MaToR=-. That's me. I have 735 posts over at HIH. I joined the site on 10-28-2006. Over 90% of my posts have been in the Halo 1 Tricking & Glitching Section. I helped make T2T possible, I was part of the brainstorming process to make it work.

I'm sure you are all grizzled ancients, but when was the last time you looked into Halo PC multiplayer stunting? Honestly, multiplayer and campaign stunting are two entirely different worlds. Multiplayer stunting is a fairly well distributed amalgamation of many different types of stunts (http://matortheeternal.wordpress.com/2011/07/07/types-of-halo-stunts/). Whereas campaign stunting is moreso focused on launching with dead-fire grenades - one type of stunt. They're entirely different worlds. In fact, multiplayer halo 1 stunting hasn't been a part of HIH or in the public eye for the last 4 years, arguably. BGT's interest in it and videos regarding it really are all that stand as a monument to it's existence on HIH. For all that you may know about campaign tricking/stunting, the Ghost Froom may be altogether incomprehensible to you. Unless you guys have been following TSM, DS, TLG, +Stunting+, and ES (the greatest halo 1 multiplayer stunting clans over the last 5 years), you have no background whatsoever to base any claims regarding the Ghost Froom as it is a multiplayer stunt.

-Mator

Cagerrin
August 28th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Perhaps if you weren't:

-calling it something sixty sorts of stupid
-reacting really badly to valid responses to your ineffective attempt at hype-building
-posting a full stunt right off the bat

you'd be getting less antagonistic responses.

Mator
August 28th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Perhaps if you weren't:

-calling it something sixty sorts of stupid
-reacting really badly to valid responses to your ineffective attempt at hype-building
-posting a full stunt right off the bat

you'd be getting less antagonistic responses.

Old conversation we had a week ago. Respond to what's relevant and current please.

Froom is actually a very legitimate and good name, if you knew the reasoning to it you'd agree with me. It involves making a Ghost Shroom:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110824012149/halostunting/images/thumb/d/de/Ghost_mushroom.png/900px-Ghost_mushroom.png

It involves making that float. Hence, Floating Shroom ... Froom.

Donut
August 28th, 2011, 02:05 AM
no, nobody is trolling you. stop acting like such a pompous asshole. yeah the tricks are cool, but youre not the first to do it, and making a claim that youre the best when the reality is that there were some great people into this before you is both ignorant and wrong. i wont deny that youre good at tricking or that youve found some cool stuff, either. like i said, tricking isnt my thing and iv never been into it. that doesnt even matter at this point though, its your fucking attitude thats getting me now. youre not the second coming of christ, so stop acting like it.

what exactly are you doing thats so damn impressive? at this point all i see is a trailer for a stunt video that youre saying youll put out 3 months from now.

flyingmonkey3
How about just making a video of the stunt itself instead of a trailer for a video of the stunt? If you think people are confused about what your Ghost Froom is and are thus calling it old then that would be a pretty good way to convince them otherwise. I don't understand the need for a trailer.

Cagerrin
Old conversation we had a week ago. Respond to what's relevant and current please.
Oh jesus it's like a horrible errorage transplant, get it away from me

Froom is actually a very legitimate and good name, if you knew the reasoning to it you'd agree with me. It involves making a Ghost Shroom:

snip

It involves making that float. Hence, Floating Shroom ... Froom.
Go back to bragging about getting high on AOL, please.

Cortexian
August 28th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I'm sure you are all grizzled ancients, but when was the last time you looked into Halo PC multiplayer stunting? Honestly, multiplayer and campaign stunting are two entirely different worlds. Multiplayer stunting is a fairly well distributed amalgamation of many different types of stunts (http://matortheeternal.wordpress.com/2011/07/07/types-of-halo-stunts/). Whereas campaign stunting is moreso focused on launching with dead-fire grenades - one type of stunt. They're entirely different worlds. In fact, multiplayer halo 1 stunting hasn't been a part of HIH or in the public eye for the last 4 years, arguably. BGT's interest in it and videos regarding it really are all that stand as a monument to it's existence on HIH. For all that you may know about campaign tricking/stunting, the Ghost Froom may be altogether incomprehensible to you. Unless you guys have been following TSM, DS, TLG, +Stunting+, and ES (the greatest halo 1 multiplayer stunting clans over the last 5 years), you have no background whatsoever to base any claims regarding the Ghost Froom as it is a multiplayer stunt.

-Mator
Your biggest problem is that you're coming here with your Ghost Froom trailer, which in itself is a new stunt. No one is saying it's not new and original, however the concept of getting a Ghost half-stuck in the world geometry (in any Halo level, be it Campaign or Multiplayer level) is not a new concept at all. That has been happening for years and years, and people have done different "stunts" with it on different levels to accomplish different things.

TBH, Tower to Tower is probably much harder to accomplish than the Ghost Froom. With the Ghost Froom you probably only need 1/16th of the initial setup time to get started, then all you need is infinite grenades and a bunch of ammo and you can do pretty much whatever you could think of with enough time and practice.

Admittedly, most people here don't really care about stunting since it doesn't really fall into the realm of mapping or modding. A lot of us are code junkies or 2D and 3D artists, our interests in the game vary a pretty huge amount from yours. As I said earlier, this is pretty impressive that you took the time to do it, but it's not that jaw dropping of a stunt as something like T2T or surfing around Death Island via directional falls and slides off different ledges and such.

Also, there are people on Modacity here you are so grizzled and so ancient that they really don't give a damn about stuff like this anymore since they know it's possible via the engine. Lots of people here are actually working for game development companies now, such as BioWare, Ubisoft, and Bungie. We've also lost many members since Halo CE was released to job offerings from Bungie for their work in the game.

Also, I'm not sure if it was Blind or King... Someone in [HIV] clan had upwards of 10,000 Xfire hours logged on Halo CE, not counting all the hours playing Halo PC before CE was released.