PDA

View Full Version : DC Universe Online

Sanctus
December 8th, 2011, 10:52 AM
It's free to play now so I think I'm gonna give it a try; unless of course my computer laughs at me and starts coughing out smoke, in which case I'll let everyone know how that turns out.

E: Looks like I'm late since it's been this way for a month, but whatever.

StankBacon
December 8th, 2011, 10:57 AM
almost 15 gigs :|

wtf

Amit
December 8th, 2011, 08:42 PM
If you expect modern MMO's to be less than 14GB, then LOL on you.

Cortexian
December 8th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Yeah,

Star Wars: The Old Republic - 36~GB
Lord of the Rings Online (many years old now) - 14~GB

StankBacon
December 8th, 2011, 11:29 PM
well i dont play mmos i was just gonna check this out... but meh.

Amit
December 9th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Yeah. High-res texture client for LOTRO doesn't even come up to 14GB. Mine clocks in at 13.4GB. WoW is three years older than the LOTRO engine, so that game probably has even less, although there is a ton of expansions for that game, so I dunno.

Rook
December 9th, 2011, 02:43 AM
Yeah. High-res texture client for LOTRO doesn't even come up to 14GB. Mine clocks in at 13.4GB. WoW is three years older than the LOTRO engine, so that game probably has even less, although there is a ton of expansions for that game, so I dunno.
My WoW folder reads 25.9GB. They updated graphics with cata, and now supporting dx11 plus adding more zones.

Warsaw
December 9th, 2011, 07:23 PM
They added "support" for DX11 with Cataclysm. It doesn't really look much shinier.

DCUO is fun until the endgame, but it gets repetitive before that. It's really a grind-fest.

TVTyrant
December 10th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Downloaded, first mission was fun. Not sure how much I'll play since Arkham City takes up most of my time.