PDA

View Full Version : Alright, I'm a bit confused. Minor Open Sauce issues inside

itszutak
December 10th, 2011, 06:36 PM
So I recall a while back yello came out for one version of HCE, but then came a patch which broke yello. Both use different servers for MP (I think?) and it seems like this would split the community pretty bad. I am also aware of a version switcher or something.

So my question is this: What version of HCE is actively being used by Modacity for multiplayer? What version do I patch to if I want yello and what version would I patch to for the version switcher? Is it possible to have both yello and the most recent version?

Finally, is yello even the most up-to-date thing? Or is there some newer thing that does everything yello does and more?
New problem: OS, with Cortexian's link, isn't working with 1.09. Any suggestions?

Cortexian
December 10th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Yelo Battery is now Open Sauce.

Open Sauce hasn't been officially compiled for CE since version 1.08.

The latest and official version of Halo CE is 1.09. This is the version all the offical servers are on, and the version that most Modacity people play on.

I have attached a version of Open Sauce that was compiled by jcap for 1.09.

Enjoy!

itszutak
December 11th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Thanks!

edit: Alright, I got the fake AA thing working, but OS still doesn't seem to respond for me. Am I missing something, or have the commands changed? I press f7 to bring up the menu but nothing happens.

Cortexian
December 12th, 2011, 12:40 AM
F7 still works for me.

itszutak
December 12th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Just using the d3d9.dll you linked? Guess I'll try it without the AA or something.

Did I skip a step? What I did was:
-put the d3d9.dll into my /halo custom edition directory
-extract the AA fix (renaming their d3d9 to d3d9_proxy), put all those files in the same directory (/halo custom edition)

AA fix works, open sauce doesn't.

I'm a derp. Didn't start a game before pressing F7. Thread closed, thanks for everything!