PDA

View Full Version : Command & Conquer: Generals 2

MXC
December 11th, 2011, 12:18 AM
If this has the same gameplay elements of C&C 4 I'm going to cry myself to sleep in a cold shower.

w6bg6yhyTK4

An RTS on Frostbite 2? Holy shit!

TeeKup
December 11th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Ooh sexy. I need to get back into the RTS Scene. Last RTS I really enjoyed besides Dawn of War was Red Alert 3, and it was fucking fantastic.

EDIT: I loved the Empire of The Rising Sun. George fucking Takei was their emperor. :D
lu852ECtAt8

Amit
December 11th, 2011, 12:37 AM
And Bioware has what experience in making RTS games? It's harder to go from RPG/TPS to RTS than RTS to RPG/FPS/TPS

Ifafudafi
December 11th, 2011, 01:08 AM
It's not real Bioware; the studio was formerly Victory Games (out of EA Los Angeles's ashes) before EA decided to stick all their branches that weren't DICE or EA Sports under the Bioware label

E: source (http://kotaku.com/5866956/biowwares-next-game-is-command--conquer-generals-2)

Amit
December 11th, 2011, 01:39 AM
:mech:

Kornman00
December 11th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Frostbite 2?

They should have titled the game "Command & Conquer: The Battlefield"

http://27.media.tumblr.com/avatar_6feb8634e3d0_128.png

Amit
December 11th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Frostbite 2?

They should have titled the game "Command & Conquer: The Battlefield"

ಠ_ಠ

Kornman00
December 12th, 2011, 10:23 AM
◕‿◕

MXC
December 12th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Look on the right of the screen.
http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/2896/generals2.jpg
Construction Yard, Barracks and a War factory.

:neckbeard:

Mr Buckshot
December 14th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Since they're making this PC exclusive, I have faith that this will turn out better than the multiplatform C&C's and SupCom 2.

Seriously devs, if you want to put an RTS or turn based strategy franchise onto consoles and PC together, don't make them the exact same game. A gamepad optimized RTS just feels totally dumbed down and restricted on a PC, while a PC optimized RTS controls like shit and probably lags on a console (as was the case with Supcom 1). Firaxis knows how to do this - they created a spin-off Civ game for consoles and kept the proper experience on the PC. (yes Civ is turn based not RTS but it also has the same issues of just not working on PC and console at the same time).

Amit
December 14th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Seriously devs, if you want to put an RTS or turn based strategy franchise onto consoles and PC together, don't make them the exact same game. A gamepad optimized RTS just feels totally dumbed down and restricted on a PC, while a PC optimized RTS controls like shit and probably lags on a console (as was the case with Supcom 1). Firaxis knows how to do this - they created a spin-off Civ game for consoles and kept the proper experience on the PC. (yes Civ is turn based not RTS but it also has the same issues of just not working on PC and console at the same time).

*cough* EndWar *cough*

Mr Buckshot
December 14th, 2011, 09:51 PM
LOL, endwar was such a dumbed down mess. Maybe there are worse ones, but it doesn't disprove the fact that the same strategy game cannot possibly succeed on both the PC and console at the same time.