PDA

View Full Version : HCE Halo Server On Windos VPS 2003

QuitGame
February 1st, 2012, 02:45 PM
Halo Server On Windos VPS 2003

Hi, I need Help, Wanna Put On A Halo Server In My VPS Its Windows Server 2003 ...So I Cant Run The Game In That VPS....

its Possible Make a Server Without Need To Run The Game On The VPS?

{XG}Gijs007
February 5th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Just download the dedicated server software.

Btw: I tried running a halo server on a vps a while ago and its performance was horrible... it was cheaper to just hire a server from a gameserver rental company.

Cortexian
February 5th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Sounds like a bad VPS to me. VPS is only useful if you're actually going to be running multiple instances of Halo on the same machine, then it's likely cheaper.

{XG}Gijs007
February 6th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Sounds like a bad VPS to me. VPS is only useful if you're actually going to be running multiple instances of Halo on the same machine, then it's likely cheaper.
Yea but for the other vps's I couldn't find much information about the cpu performance.
I guess multiple people share the same cpu core... so you only get 20-50% of one core...
Because I a slower cpu at home which could run 5 halo servers on 1 core and the vps couldn't handle more than 1.

VPS's aren't designed for intensive cpu software like game servers, they are designed for web servers and bandwidth intensive applications.

Cortexian
February 6th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Well, that's why you buy a scalable VPS so you can set what you need for resources. You'd likely be better off getting a dedicated server though.