PDA

View Full Version : Terra Nova cancelled, Fringe likely to follow

Kornman00
March 15th, 2012, 04:04 PM
(...at its present rate)

Le Poo (http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/fox-cancels-drama-terra-nova-series-being-shopped-to-other-networks/).

The good news is that they're shopping the series out, so maybe some other network will pick it up. Was almost surprised to hear that Fringe is dangerously close to popping like a bubble, but shit, it's had four seasons with ~22 episodes each...FOX has got to be losing money on it every year. Hate to say it but hopefully they just cut back on Fringe's costs so that it may continue and/or finish.

Really hope TN gets picked up by someone. Jason O'Mara already had Life On Mars get canned after the first season, would hate to see yet another show he stars in go down the drain.

Warsaw
March 15th, 2012, 04:31 PM
What. No.

n00b1n8R
March 15th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Really hope TN gets picked up by someone. Jason O'Mara already had Life On Mars get canned after the first season, would hate to see yet another show he stars in go down the drain.

American Life On Mars was horrible and deserved to be canceled. The real LOM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_on_Mars_%28TV_series%29) had a proper run with an awesome conclusion.

Terra nova deserved to be canceled as well. Stupidly high production costs on a lackluster story idea and generic characters do not make a quality show.

Higuy
March 15th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Terra nova deserved to be canceled as well. Stupidly high production costs on a lackluster story idea and generic characters do not make a quality show.

^ this.

Cortexian
March 15th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Except it was still better than most of the new shows out there.

Nero
March 15th, 2012, 11:07 PM
So you would rather have a reality bullshit show?

Terra Nova was amazing compared to most shit on TV today. I hope they get picked up by someone else.

Cortexian
March 15th, 2012, 11:16 PM
I wish Space or HBO would pick them up.

I don't think Space has the budget though.

RedBaron
March 16th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Sad Fringe will probably get canned too. I loved Fringe when it first came out, but the direction that it took over the past 2 seasons was meh. They should have just finished the story arc in a linear fashion. Where it is now, the show it too damned confusing for anyone who hasn't been following it since the beginning. And even then, I can see it having problems keeping the interest of those that have been following.

Kornman00
March 16th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Those "stupidly high" production costs were being spent in Australia :saggy:. Besides, they kept most of the set pieces together so that they wouldn't have to redo a shit load of work or spend as much for a S02. Also, the characters seemed pretty human to me, with some actual depth. Unlike reality TV shows. I guess "generic" can't compete with Snooki.

Let me guess, you didn't watch the entire show did you?

n00b1n8R
March 16th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Tried to get into it but the dumb premise, generic characters and contrived plot seriously failed to impress.
Saying this show is better than "most shows these days" doesn't mean anything when most shows are awful.

Warsaw
March 16th, 2012, 05:00 AM
I hope you also hated Stargate...

Higuy
March 16th, 2012, 05:12 AM
We need another great show like Lost.

Kornman00
March 16th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Except without the joke ending

DarkHalo003
March 16th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I just hope these don't end up like Firefly. That made me :(.

TeeKup
March 16th, 2012, 01:19 PM
HERESY!

PopeAK49
March 16th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I tired watching it. It just wasn't my cup of tea. A real show would be Justified.

Kornman00
March 16th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Yeah but Justified is on FX, which is a FOX premium network. People pay extra for that (good) shit.

n00b1n8R
March 16th, 2012, 05:55 PM
I hope you also hated Stargate...
SG1? The first part half of season 1 was pretty teribad and the last 3 seasons sucked (by comparison) but all the shit in the middle was quality television yo.

Yeah but Justified is on FX, which is a FOX premium network. People pay extra for that (good) shit.
You crazy people and your paying to watch television :lol:

DarkHalo003
March 16th, 2012, 05:58 PM
SG1? The first part half of season 1 was pretty teribad and the last 3 seasons sucked (by comparison) but all the shit in the middle was quality television yo.

You crazy people and your paying to watch television :lol:
Is television payed by the government in Australia too?

n00b1n8R
March 16th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Well there's cable if you're a tosser, then there's the ABC which is tax payer funded and then there's all the other free channels too (like 3x as many as there was a few years ago but there's a lot of overlap still. It's just the old 7ish channels branching out into digital) which are payed for by advertisements.

Futzy
March 16th, 2012, 10:55 PM
I just hope these don't end up like Firefly. That made me :(.
kill yourself

DarkHalo003
March 17th, 2012, 01:40 AM
kill yourself
:smithicide:

I enjoyed Firefly. I hate that Fox dropped it without its finishing the first season.

CN3089
March 17th, 2012, 02:09 AM
wait hold on there are actually people who thought terra nova was good? like actually good and not just "so terrible you laugh at it?"

what

fringe is cool though.

TVTyrant
March 17th, 2012, 03:26 AM
kill yourself
wtf you didn't like firefly?

You go kill yourself. That show was amazing.

Cortexian
March 17th, 2012, 09:45 AM
wait hold on there are actually people who thought terra nova was good? like actually good and not just "so terrible you laugh at it?"

what

fringe is cool though.
Terra Nova just suffered from a lack of good writing, if you take a moment to think about the dialog the actors were given, it's pretty fucking hard to pull off properly. The story-line was decent and so were the sets, CGI, and actors. The problem was poorly executed writing.

n00b1n8R
March 17th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Terra Nova just suffered from a lack of good writing, if you take a moment to think about the dialog the actors were given, it's pretty fucking hard to pull off properly. The story-line was decent and so were the sets, CGI, and actors. The problem was poorly executed writing.
Too bad the one thing that makes shows good or bad (along with acting) is the writing. All the other things you mentioned don't really matter. I can watch old trek episodes and enjoy the crap out of them, rofl-bad CGI/props and all.

Cortexian
March 17th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Too bad the one thing that makes shows good or bad (along with acting) is the writing. All the other things you mentioned don't really matter. I can watch old trek episodes and enjoy the crap out of them, rofl-bad CGI/props and all.
Except that if all the things besides the writing are exceptional (see: Terra Nova), it's no worse than any of the other shit on TV.

n00b1n8R
March 17th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Except that if all the things besides the writing are exceptional (see: Terra Nova), it's no worse than any of the other shit on TV.
And that makes it worth watching???

Nero
March 17th, 2012, 09:14 PM
I liked the show. Sometimes it lacked in CGI or in script, but it sure as hell beats a lot of TV shows. So yes, this was worth watching. It wasn't complete shit, I enjoyed watching season one and was actually waiting on season 2 to start.

Btw, you can tell I loved the show, because my Avatar and my Signature are from Terra Nova and have been for awhile. :realsmug: