PDA

View Full Version : HCE Halo CE Zombies?

Cloud
April 7th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Would anyone know how I would go about setting up a halo ce zombies server? I noticed there are a few up. It must be something new because normally everyone has a gun but the zombies have the odd ball or skull or whatever and help would be great.

Thanks
Cloud

TPBlinD
April 7th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Freelancer has a good zombies server set up except people keep switching teams when they turn into a zombie.

POQbum
April 7th, 2012, 11:36 PM
I'd be interested too. It's not IGbrainz, it looks like a new zombie app that was created.

I've seen it on [FAST] clan servers, I haven't checked out other zombie gametypes though so I can't say much about them.

Ryx
April 7th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Oxide's tool would be awesome for ce, too bad he hasn't ported it :P

Cortexian
April 8th, 2012, 01:48 AM
It's just SAPP. FAST clan are using SAPP as well.

And using the skulls doesn't work well at all.

chrisk123999
April 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM
There is a CE build of Phasor, but it's not in public release yet. :)

TPBlinD
April 8th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Freelancer please make it so you can't switch teams ._.

Cortexian
April 8th, 2012, 02:14 PM
You can only switch from humans to zombies.

Actually that's a lie, if you just switch from zombies to humans and then repeat the process while you're in the respawn screen you can switch back to humans. Blame Halo for being dumb and sehe for not wanting to add more stuff to SAPP to prevent this.

POQbum
April 8th, 2012, 08:13 PM
It's just SAPP. FAST clan are using SAPP as well.

And using the skulls doesn't work well at all.
wow well that sounds like some pretty complex commands.
Good to know that it's possible just through sapp, I may try it out.

urbanyoung
April 9th, 2012, 02:26 AM
You can do the basics through SAPP (so I hear) but for more customization you need Phasor. There is a CE build of Phasor in testing so the server you saw may have been running it.

If you want to get a copy send me a message at http://phasor.proboards.com and I'll make you a tester.. It would be good to have people there actually testing it.

supersniper
April 9th, 2012, 02:15 PM
i've been following phasor and its about time it made itself over to CE.

POQbum
April 9th, 2012, 02:26 PM
You can do the basics through SAPP (so I hear) but for more customization you need Phasor. There is a CE build of Phasor in testing so the server you saw may have been running it.

If you want to get a copy send me a message at http://phasor.proboards.com and I'll make you a tester.. It would be good to have people there actually testing it.
ahh. I checked out the board but it seems all the info about it is spread out across various threads. Seems like zombies isn't a main use of phasor? I have a hard time finding zombie server configuration info with phasor.

I started customizing sapp but it seems a bit glitchy and has a hard time with removing ammo from blue guns (only does it sometimes) -- also I'm clueless what to do when all red's have been switched over to blue (zombie).
There is nothing I can think of in SAPP that would reset the game after all red's are dead. So this is a problem.

Hopefully I will find the time to check out phasor so that I can get a zombie server back up.

chrisk123999
April 9th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Phasor is a LUA script based server app. It comes with an infection script that is ready to go. However Phasor can do much more then just zombies.

supersniper
April 10th, 2012, 12:53 AM
yeah it involves knowledge of scripting otherwise you'll have no idea how to use it.

urbanyoung
April 10th, 2012, 02:21 AM
yeah it involves knowledge of scripting otherwise you'll have no idea how to use it.

I don't really agree with that. I release scripts that are ready to go as-is, all you need to do is put them in your map cycle. Not knowing how to script stuff yourself doesn't stop you from using other people's work. You can use Phasor without any scripts and still add a lot of functionality to your server, the good thing about having a script interface is that it allows deep customization.

homebrued
April 16th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Fyi, =CE= has a Zombies server running with Phasor on Halo CE. Check it out.