PDA

View Full Version : Reddit?

TVTyrant
May 22nd, 2012, 09:09 PM
http://www.reddit.com/

what the fuck is this? I don't get how it works, and everything on there is shit I saw on /b/ in 08-current

So wtf is it and how am I supposed to navigate the pages?

rossmum
May 22nd, 2012, 09:18 PM
you aren't. get the fuck off of reddit and stay off of reddit. it is a site dominated by unfunny children recycling ancient memes even 4chan is sick of, pedophiles and their apologists, and misogynistic greasy virgins who whine about how all women are psychotic cunts because they don't have sex with every ugly nerd that holds a door open for them. they take entitlement, not to mention creepy, shitty attitudes, to a whole new level.

stay off of reddit and stay off of 4chan, they are both cesspools of fucking idiots. even sa is getting pretty fucking bad (lol who am i kidding, it always has been full of shitty fucking goons) but at least there are some intelligent and useful members of society left there.

TVTyrant
May 22nd, 2012, 09:20 PM
I've been on Chan as long as I can remember being into the internet as a place (you know what I'm saying)

And I agree with your statement about it entirely lol

Bodzilla
May 22nd, 2012, 10:31 PM
you aren't. get the fuck off of reddit and stay off of reddit. it is a site dominated by unfunny children recycling ancient memes even 4chan is sick of, pedophiles and their apologists, and misogynistic greasy virgins who whine about how all women are psychotic cunts because they don't have sex with every ugly nerd that holds a door open for them. they take entitlement, not to mention creepy, shitty attitudes, to a whole new level.

stay off of reddit and stay off of 4chan, they are both cesspools of fucking idiots. even sa is getting pretty fucking bad (lol who am i kidding, it always has been full of shitty fucking goons) but at least there are some intelligent and useful members of society left there.
4chan is a place for smart people to act stupid.

as long as you stay outta /b it's actually awesome

TVTyrant
May 22nd, 2012, 10:36 PM
I'm actually a big fan of /sp

n00b1n8R
May 22nd, 2012, 11:38 PM
What ross said. Reddit is a cespool of le funay XDD jokes and circle jerking. You know what it was like when we had a rep system here? Now imagine a website where the visibility of each of your posts is dependant on its rep.
yeah.

TVTyrant
May 22nd, 2012, 11:48 PM
The reason why I was asking was mostly because a couple of NFL players have done neat things where fans could ask them questions on there.

Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it. I guess I will stay away for the most part lol.

Bodzilla
May 23rd, 2012, 02:10 AM
reddit ama's are alright.

other then that though theres not much on it.

TVTyrant
May 23rd, 2012, 02:13 AM
reddit ama's are alright.

other then that though theres not much on it.
ama's?

Bodzilla
May 23rd, 2012, 02:24 AM
ask me anything

TVTyrant
May 23rd, 2012, 02:26 AM
ask me anything
Ohhhh, so that must be what I had seen before. Alright, thanks Bod.

neuro
May 23rd, 2012, 03:42 AM
there's a few good subreddits, but most of it is shit recycled into shit recycled into chunky projectile-vomit.

i go there for tech-articles and a laugh every now and then, i don't even care about AmA's but i do appreciate their purpose. (as long as it's not just people wanting to feel important)

Timo
May 23rd, 2012, 05:58 AM
there's a few good subreddits, but most of it is shit recycled into shit recycled into chunky projectile-vomit.

i go there for tech-articles and a laugh every now and then, i don't even care about AmA's but i do appreciate their purpose. (as long as it's not just people wanting to feel important)

This pretty much sums up my redditing experience too.

Donut
May 23rd, 2012, 06:38 AM

pretty much this. the only reddit i seriously use is the subreddit for my college and occasionally the bad company 2 reddit.

i will say this though, reddit.com/r/shittyadvice is fucking hilarious. just scroll through the thread titles and youll laugh your ass off
E: this girl i know keeps linking me to the "gonewild" subreddit too... i suspect she may have posted pictures there... thats for a different discussion though :lol:

Amit
May 23rd, 2012, 01:03 PM
The strict sub-reddits are actually useful. I mostly use the battlefield3, steamdeals, gamedeals, gameofthrones, videos, and technology sub-reddits. Reddit's viewing system is much better than 4Chan because it's easier on the eyes and uses screen space more efficiently. Half the people on Reddit are fucking assholes, though. Beware of them.

rossmum
May 23rd, 2012, 03:44 PM
What ross said. Reddit is a cespool of le funay XDD jokes and circle jerking. You know what it was like when we had a rep system here? Now imagine a website where the visibility of each of your posts is dependant on its rep.
yeah.
except back in the day when the cool kids were still around, shitty meme posts got bombed and the posts with sick rep were usually either ripping someone a new asshole or legitimately funny or informative

ask me anything
[ASK] me about being a misogynistic pedophile apologist

TPBlinD
May 23rd, 2012, 11:07 PM
AskReddit stories can be hilarious thats all I look at

itszutak
May 24th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Pretty much all the default subreddits are terrible (except perhaps AMA, askreddit, and askscience) but it's a good place to find discussion of "niche" subjects through their subreddit, if you can find the right one.

It's crap, but it's very, very active and the content is always different each day (although it's pretty much always reposts of reposts of reposts).

I'd think of it more of a content aggregator than a content generator.

Limited
May 28th, 2012, 06:34 AM
I only go to Reddit if I'm linked, I have absolutely no loyalty ties when it comes to news/interesting stories. I go where the message pigeons take me.

Jelly
June 2nd, 2012, 08:26 PM
reddit?