i9-l-KFPR74

welp

=sw=warlord
May 30th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Wasn't this from back early last year?

Rainbow Dash
May 30th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Wasn't this from back early last year?

The trial started around then, the result was today.

FreedomFighter7
May 30th, 2012, 05:49 PM
I didn't know they caught him.

n00b1n8R
May 30th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Hopefully Sweden hasn't got US dick so far down their throat that they'd swallow any extradition order the white house squirted out. Assange has done nothing wrong in the US.

neuro
May 31st, 2012, 01:29 AM
sweden only wants him to charge him with the rape-thing.

keep in mind, rape is a completely different thing from the rape you're used to in america.
basically anything starting at sexual harassment gets tossed into the 'rape' bin, there's no varying degrees of rape or something there.

just to give you a bit of perspective on that.
americans are all 'BLAH BLAH RAWR RAEP!'
and swedes are all 'oh.'

TVTyrant
May 31st, 2012, 01:49 AM
sweden only wants him to charge him with the rape-thing.

keep in mind, rape is a completely different thing from the rape you're used to in america.
basically anything starting at sexual harassment gets tossed into the 'rape' bin, there's no varying degrees of rape or something there.

just to give you a bit of perspective on that.
americans are all 'BLAH BLAH RAWR RAEP!'
and swedes are all 'oh.'
Actually there are

if you lived here you'd know that

rossmum
May 31st, 2012, 02:09 AM
He's right, there are, same as here and anywhere else I can think of.

I have no idea about Sweden, though.

TVTyrant
May 31st, 2012, 02:16 AM
He's right, there are, same as here and anywhere else I can think of.

I have no idea about Sweden, though.
If they didn't I would be shocked. It is a man dominated world.

Rainbow Dash
May 31st, 2012, 10:39 AM
Hopefully Sweden hasn't got US dick so far down their throat that they'd swallow any extradition order the white house squirted out. Assange has done nothing wrong in the US.

Pretty much this.

rossmum
May 31st, 2012, 10:41 AM
Sweden is a pretty neutral country, so there's hope yet. Then again...

Rainbow Dash
May 31st, 2012, 11:03 AM
_Xm0HNbvtgQ

TVTyrant
May 31st, 2012, 11:25 AM
I love Murdoch as Palpatine lol

TVTyrant
May 31st, 2012, 11:32 AM
I don't feel bad for Assange at all, but I will say that whats happening to Bradley Manning is just terrible. Not that he shouldn't be prosecuted. The law is the law. But that he is being detained in cells near those who he fought against is just sick. He's not an enemy of the state, he just made a brave if stupid decision. He should go to prison for a while, but being treated like a war criminal? Awful, since thats who he was to expose.

Rainbow Dash
May 31st, 2012, 11:56 AM
I don't feel bad for Assange at all, but I will say that whats happening to Bradley Manning is just terrible. Not that he shouldn't be prosecuted. The law is the law. But that he is being detained in cells near those who he fought against is just sick. He's not an enemy of the state, he just made a brave if stupid decision. He should go to prison for a while, but being treated like a war criminal? Awful, since thats who he was to expose.

What was that quote about unjust laws, something about it being the people's duty to break and protest them?

TVTyrant
May 31st, 2012, 12:34 PM
He volunteered for the military, nobody forced him to join. He made a choice, and when you join any military bad things are going to happen. Its war. Thats what war is. I dont think hes a bad person, and I dont think he should be put to death or have anything close to even a dime in prison. Maybe a year or two, but that should be it.

Its an all volunteer force. You sign away your rights when you join. There's no democracy in war.

Kornman00
May 31st, 2012, 06:25 PM
Watch that video with CC enabled for laughs.

Then remember what the video is about for facepalms

TVTyrant
May 31st, 2012, 06:37 PM
Watch that video with CC enabled for laughs.

Then remember what the video is about for facepalms
:like:

PenGuin1362
May 31st, 2012, 07:23 PM
Julian Assange is a whiney attention whore and couldn't give two shits what becomes of him. As for Bradley Manning the dude leaked classified information. You can't do that, there's a reason it's classified and there needs to be severe repercussions otherwise any old twat can hand out classified information like its candy from a rape van and deal with the measly little 2 year prison charge. I'm not saying death is the answer, but a severe punishment is in order.

Rainbow Dash
May 31st, 2012, 08:04 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l42/selentic/Emotes/cripes.gif

Yeah man, there was a reason it was classified, to cover up their own gross misconduct and keep people completely in the dark about the disgusting bullshit (http://collateralmurder.com/) they were pulling.

rossmum
May 31st, 2012, 08:17 PM
He went about it entirely the wrong way, and could have put a lot of his fellow troops' lives in danger. For that, he's certainly not blameless, and deserves punishment.

On the other hand, the shit he exposed was pretty fucking shocking and something ought to be done about it. People shouldn't worship the guy as some kind of idol, because there were better ways to do this, but he certainly shouldn't be spirited away to Guantanamo and never heard from again. Nobody should.

PenGuin1362
May 31st, 2012, 09:07 PM
He went about it entirely the wrong way, and could have put a lot of his fellow troops' lives in danger. For that, he's certainly not blameless, and deserves punishment.

On the other hand, the shit he exposed was pretty fucking shocking and something ought to be done about it. People shouldn't worship the guy as some kind of idol, because there were better ways to do this, but he certainly shouldn't be spirited away to Guantanamo and never heard from again. Nobody should.

Basically this. As for the the video, we argued that long ago and it's not worth getting into it. It doesn't matter what your opinion is, it happened and you can't change that. This guys actions put other soldiers lives at risk. You want to fuck somebody? Fuck the people who were intentionally shoving it under the rug. What he did only hurt his own cause and endanger fellow brothers in arms with blatant disregard and ignorance.

TVTyrant
May 31st, 2012, 09:08 PM
My internet isn't working on that site

:conspiracy:

TVTyrant
May 31st, 2012, 09:09 PM
just looked up the video

if you wanted to learn about that just read generation kill. shit happened a lot in iraq. probably the most pointless conflict in american history.

Rainbow Dash
June 1st, 2012, 10:01 AM

This is the fucking retarded argument that all of the US and MSM throws out about why Wikileaks is evil and whistle blowers are satan's cockspew. If you're going to just repeat it, go and prove it, instead of just using blanket statements like that.

Basically this. As for the the video, we argued that long ago and it's not worth getting into it.

I'd hate to know what sort of mental deficiencies people would have to have to argue that what went down to in that recording was totally acceptable.

Fuck the people who were intentionally shoving it under the rug. What he did only hurt his own cause and endanger fellow brothers in arms with blatant disregard and ignorance.

And how would someone do that, in a different fashion.

rossmum
June 1st, 2012, 10:58 AM
If he had taken the time to ensure NONE of the stuff he leaked exposed soldiers' names, their units, unit movements or locations or objectives, unit inventories, or really anything NOT directly relevant to what he was blowing the whistle on, I would not have quite as much of a problem with the way he leaked it. On the other hand, I do know exactly how easy it is for someone to leak the wrong piece of info and get people killed. Idiots posting their deployment dates on FB, family members posting about where they are, etc... it really does not take much. This might sound but an asshole thing to say but it is entirely true: civilians have literally no idea just how dangerous the wrong leaked info can be to soldiers.

TVTyrant
June 1st, 2012, 11:40 AM
If he had taken the time to ensure NONE of the stuff he leaked exposed soldiers' names, their units, unit movements or locations or objectives, unit inventories, or really anything NOT directly relevant to what he was blowing the whistle on, I would not have quite as much of a problem with the way he leaked it. On the other hand, I do know exactly how easy it is for someone to leak the wrong piece of info and get people killed. Idiots posting their deployment dates on FB, family members posting about where they are, etc... it really does not take much. This might sound but an asshole thing to say but it is entirely true: civilians have literally no idea just how dangerous the wrong leaked info can be to soldiers.
We have a winner!!

DarkHalo003
June 1st, 2012, 11:56 AM
Basically he stole experimental growth hormones and waived his enormous dick ego at everyone he stole it from.

rossmum
June 1st, 2012, 12:03 PM
to clarify my reasoning, the german tank problem really highlights the amount of damage a seemingly innocuous piece of information can have when it falls into enemy hands.

the allies had reliability issues with their intelligence, but needed to know how many tanks the germans actually had, what their production rates were, and whether they could replace losses or if their forces were steadily declining in size. by taking random serial-numbered parts from destroyed and captured tanks, and with some seriously brain-busting fuckery by allied intelligence analysts and statisticians, they were able to pinpoint, in several cases to within five tanks, the number of tanks of each type in active service, the production figures by month, and that the germans were in fact utterly incapable of adequately replacing their losses.

serial numbers from tiny parts on ruined tanks.

Rainbow Dash
June 1st, 2012, 12:11 PM

As true at this may be, it can be applied to literally every single fucking thing the military does. Which makes it a shit excuse for covering up the truth.

Also last I checked there have been no confirmed cases (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11882092) of wikileaks information leading to deaths of members of the US Military.

After the release of an enormous haul of US defence department documents in August, Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell told the Washington Post (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/checkpoint-washington/2010/08/pentagon_undisclosed_wikileak.html): "We have yet to see any harm come to anyone in Afghanistan that we can directly tie to exposure in the Wikileaks documents."

After this latest release a Pentagon official, who wished to remain anonymous due to the sensitive nature of the material involved, told the McClatchy newspaper group (http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/11/28/104404/officials-may-be-overstating-the.html) that even three months later the US military still had no evidence that people had died or been harmed because of information gleaned from Wikileaks documents.

Also:

Fact: It's published less than one percent (http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/08/fraction-of-1-percent-of-wikileaks-cables-released/) of the State Department cables it possesses, 1203 out of 251,287 (http://213.251.145.96/cablegate.html). What's more, it makes an effort to redact info that could harm innocent people, an effort appears to be growing more comprehensive. And it's asked the U.S. government to help redact information from each collection of documents. The U.S. government (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11856122)refuses to help (http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/08/20/wikileaks).

Higuy
June 1st, 2012, 12:56 PM
The fact that there has been no deaths is irrelevant, its the fact that information is out there and can be possibly used to put others in harms way.

Rainbow Dash
June 1st, 2012, 01:02 PM
The fact that there has been no deaths is irrelevant, its the fact that information is out there and can be possibly used to put others in harms way.

Read the last quote in my post please.

Fact: It's published less than one percent (http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/08/fraction-of-1-percent-of-wikileaks-cables-released/) of the State Department cables it possesses, 1203 out of 251,287 (http://213.251.145.96/cablegate.html). What's more, it makes an effort to redact info that could harm innocent people, an effort appears to be growing more comprehensive. And it's asked the U.S. government to help redact information from each collection of documents. The U.S. government (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11856122)refuses to help (http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/08/20/wikileaks).

note the bold parts pls ty

TVTyrant
June 1st, 2012, 02:09 PM
Get your head out of your ass for a second. Why would they help people steal information from them? By stealing it and then asking the government to help them censor it, its basically blowing their loads in US intelligence's face.

rossmum
June 1st, 2012, 02:13 PM
they may not realise something is sensitive and thus while they make an effort to avoid damage, some things might get through

also the fact no soldiers have been proven to have died as a result yet doesn't justify it at all; they could be killed in the future, or it may have contributed to deaths without anyone really picking up on it. you know i am totally down for pissing all over the goverment's horrible ideas and shit, but i still don't like the idea of leaking military documents unless you are absolutely, 100% sure it won't come back on the soldiers - and the sad truth is that any negative press at all just serves as more propaganda to get more soldiers killed. call the government out all you want, call the military out for letting psychos into the forces, but for fuck's sake be careful about it.

Rainbow Dash
June 1st, 2012, 03:09 PM
Get your head out of your ass for a second. Why would they help people steal information from them? By stealing it and then asking the government to help them censor it, its basically blowing their loads in US intelligence's face.

Idiot. They're asking them for help to censor parts of the information to better protect soldiers/informants/etcs names so that they can avoid putting people in danger, and the US Government is refusing to help them, then complaining that they might be putting people in danger.

also the fact no soldiers have been proven to have died as a result yet doesn't justify it at all;

If we're going to start talking justification let's not ignore the fact that the entire war has no justification either.

you know i am totally down for pissing all over the goverment's horrible ideas and shit, but i still don't like the idea of leaking military documents unless you are absolutely, 100% sure it won't come back on the soldiers - and the sad truth is that any negative press at all just serves as more propaganda to get more soldiers killed. call the government out all you want, call the military out for letting psychos into the forces, but for fuck's sake be careful about it.

If we didn't get anything other than the government approved documents pertaining to what the government is doing then we wouldn't know what to piss all over in the first place. Also, just going, "oh but maybe it'll happen at some point", doesn't really add much credibility to the excuse.

TVTyrant
June 1st, 2012, 03:16 PM
Idiot. They're asking them for help to censor parts of the information to better protect soldiers/informants/etcs names so that they can avoid putting people in danger, and the US Government is refusing to help them, then complaining that they might be putting people in danger.
The government figures that they're endangering them no matter what. I don't see it that way, but if I worked or a massive agency that had had its records stolen, I would be giving them the middle finger too. I get what they're trying to do, I'm just saying that no one would help a thief to sell the stuff they stole from them more efficiently.

Rainbow Dash
June 1st, 2012, 03:23 PM
I get what they're trying to do, I'm just saying that no one would help a thief to sell the stuff they stole from them more efficiently.

That's one of the most ridiculous comparisons I've ever heard.

=sw=warlord
June 1st, 2012, 06:03 PM
Discussing whether or not this info could cause some side effect is a moot point.
I could step on some plant tomorrow only to find I killed the only one of its species and it alone had the cure to some horribly degenerative condition.
The fact is the info is out there and since you know which info is out you can either debate whether it's going to impact situations the future or you can be proactive in ensuring it won't have any negative impact.

Hindsight is an awesome thing, if only we could reverse it and look into the future.
We can't therefore we must deal with the hand we are dealt with and do the best we can with what we've got.

rossmum
June 1st, 2012, 06:14 PM
If we're going to start talking justification let's not ignore the fact that the entire war has no justification either.
Nor do a million other things any given person would care to name offhand that happen anyway, because someone, somewhere thinks they alone are in the right. If you want to broaden the argument every time someone makes a counterpoint by saying something like that, it will never end.

If we didn't get anything other than the government approved documents pertaining to what the government is doing then we wouldn't know what to piss all over in the first place. Also, just going, "oh but maybe it'll happen at some point", doesn't really add much credibility to the excuse.
That is why the people who should be leaking this stuff should make damn sure themselves they blank out everything not directly relevant. They might not be able to tell what needs redacting specifically, but I am sure they can tell what exactly it is they want to get out.

Additionally, it is perfectly reasonable to not want people to get needlessly killed because someone released a ton of shit into the open without vetting it as thoroughly as possible.

That's one of the most ridiculous comparisons I've ever heard.
Hardly. In the eyes of the government and the military, the information was stolen from them and released into the public domain. Regardless of your, mine, or King Fuckballs of Dickistan's opinion of whether this was the case or the morality of the actions taken, the people the information came from - the US government and branches of the US military - consider it stolen and are greatly angered by it happening. The last thing they want to do is help people leak info they didn't want leaked in the first place, even if in the end it does end up causing stuff to go under the radar and get people killed, because that is the kind of stubborn bullshit governments pull.

Rainbow Dash
June 1st, 2012, 06:58 PM
That is why the people who should be leaking this stuff should make damn sure themselves they blank out everything not directly relevant. They might not be able to tell what needs redacting specifically, but I am sure they can tell what exactly it is they want to get out.

I'm sure most people in sensitive positions have lots of time to spend editing leaks. Oh wait, chances are they don't and that's what wikileaks is for???

Additionally, it is perfectly reasonable to not want people to get needlessly killed because someone released a ton of shit into the open without vetting it as thoroughly as possible.

And there is no conclusive evidence that anyone has. woo~

Hardly. In the eyes of the government and the military, the information was stolen from them and released into the public domain. Regardless of your, mine, or King Fuckballs of Dickistan's opinion of whether this was the case or the morality of the actions taken, the people the information came from - the US government and branches of the US military - consider it stolen and are greatly angered by it happening. The last thing they want to do is help people leak info they didn't want leaked in the first place, even if in the end it does end up causing stuff to go under the radar and get people killed, because that is the kind of stubborn bullshit governments pull.

I don't really care who thinks who owns the information, the fact of the matter is it got sent to wikileaks, and is going to be leaked. It's not them asking the USA how to steal their information more efficiently, like TVTyrant suggested, it's them asking the USA to help them protect people's lives, which is supposedly their primary interest too, and they are refusing. Meanwhile they go and paint wikileaks as this organization that is completely unconcerned with the human cost. It's pure hypocrisy, and nothing more.

TVTyrant
June 1st, 2012, 07:34 PM
I said Sell, Sel

SELL

Not steal, SELL

TVTyrant
June 1st, 2012, 07:36 PM
I also haven't ever read them say anything either way on WikiLeaks, nor do I want to hear what they have to say about it. My opinion is my own, not based on any journalists input. They stole information about accidental war crimes, put it up on the internet, and now they are feeling repercussions.

=sw=warlord
June 1st, 2012, 08:07 PM
They stole information about accidental war crimes, put it up on the internet, and now they are feeling repercussions.
Are you trying to defend those war crimes?
You know leaks have been one of the largest sources of info about war crimes.
Look at the holocaust for instance.

Rainbow Dash
June 1st, 2012, 08:08 PM
I said Sell, Sel

SELL

Not steal, SELL

How is that relevant either, since they don't sell information either???

Also accidental, hahahahahahahah

rossmum
June 1st, 2012, 08:13 PM
Just because nobody has died yet (and that is not even definite, because for all anyone knows someone could've died either directly or indirectly as a result of leaks), doesn't make it all well and fucking dandy to gamble peoples' lives because instead of sitting on the information you have just long enough to be sure there's nothing harmful in there, you decide to throw it out there immediately in its entirety.

Surely if they are so worried about avoiding this blowing back on troops, they would only release the sections directly relevant and cut out absolutely everything else?

Whatever, I can't be fucked arguing. The fact of the matter is that the kind of shit you guys laugh off as being nothing very much makes the difference between guys coming home in a passenger seat, or in a box. It's not something I take lightly and it disturbs me how willing people are to dance around the issue of soldiers' lives being at stake on both sides of the argument.

TVTyrant
June 1st, 2012, 08:20 PM
How is that relevant either, since they don't sell information either???

Also accidental, hahahahahahahah
IDK, because thats how the government feels about it? Just because you aren't making people pay for it doesn't mean you aren't selling it. Journalists, ad companies, whoever owns the sites etc all make a profit

It wasn't accidental, I thought it would be hilarious lol. Good pun, don't you think?

TVTyrant
June 1st, 2012, 08:22 PM
Are you trying to defend those war crimes?
You know leaks have been one of the largest sources of info about war crimes.
Look at the holocaust for instance.
No, I'm not. I will say that its war and these things happen, but the fact that it was covered up is just sick. I'm glad it was exposed, I just don't think you can sign a contract and get away scott free when you break that contract.

=sw=warlord
June 2nd, 2012, 06:15 AM
Just because nobody has died yet (and that is not even definite, because for all anyone knows someone could've died either directly or indirectly as a result of leaks), doesn't make it all well and fucking dandy to gamble peoples' lives because instead of sitting on the information you have just long enough to be sure there's nothing harmful in there, you decide to throw it out there immediately in its entirety.

Surely if they are so worried about avoiding this blowing back on troops, they would only release the sections directly relevant and cut out absolutely everything else?

Whatever, I can't be fucked arguing. The fact of the matter is that the kind of shit you guys laugh off as being nothing very much makes the difference between guys coming home in a passenger seat, or in a box. It's not something I take lightly and it disturbs me how willing people are to dance around the issue of soldiers' lives being at stake on both sides of the argument.

If the government was so certain this info would compromise peoples lives they would damn well do their best to make sure the details that could jeopardize the lives would be filtered out.
You know something is fishy when the gov refuses out right to give any advice on what parts to be filtered and what not to be and then goes on to claim the info once leaked would compromise peoples safety.
The Gov is just as at fault as the people leaking it, you can't skirt around it.

Rainbow Dash
June 2nd, 2012, 10:55 AM

That's not the fact of the matter though, that's more like the projection of the matter or something like that. I see no one here laughing human lives off as some petty matter (aside from the us government), and if this information was making such a difference, why can't the pentagon even confirm one instance of it doing so~~

IDK, because thats how the government feels about it? Just because you aren't making people pay for it doesn't mean you aren't selling it. Journalists, ad companies, whoever owns the sites etc all make a profit

ugh you are so fucking stupid

http://www.wikileaks.ch/About.html

WikiLeaks is a not-for-profit media organisation.

PenGuin1362
June 2nd, 2012, 12:37 PM
I can't believe people die in war! This is absurd! Did you know our Marines use guns? GUNS! Those things are dangerous. And sometimes you don't even know who you're shooting at! And then friendlies and even civilians die! This war doesn't sound too fun.

DarkHalo003
June 2nd, 2012, 12:40 PM
I don't trust organizations that say that. Most of the time they are indeed gaining funds as a result of their actions. Just because they say so, doesn't mean they are. The gov't is easily the same way. It's sad really.

TVTyrant
June 2nd, 2012, 12:59 PM
ugh you are so fucking stupid

http://www.wikileaks.ch/About.html
Whatever. You refuse to see anything from an outside perspective. You're so fucking closed minded its ridiculous.

DarkHalo003
June 2nd, 2012, 01:04 PM
Whatever. You refuse to see anything from an outside perspective. You're so fucking closed minded its ridiculous.
This is relatively true of you Sel. It's nice that you have a belief you're willing to hold dearly to, but you aren't taking into account other sides to the extent that you're filtering your information in an appropriate manner.

Rainbow Dash
June 2nd, 2012, 01:14 PM
lol

sourced refutation of your viewpoints is equatable to closed mindedness.

I love your little fallback when you have nothing to say that can counter the evidence I bring forward~

TVTyrant
June 2nd, 2012, 01:26 PM
lol

sourced refutation of your viewpoints is equatable to closed mindedness.

I love your little fallback when you have nothing to say that can counter the evidence I bring forward~
You. Aren't. Listening. To. Me. Go. Re-read. What. I. Said.

Rainbow Dash
June 2nd, 2012, 01:33 PM
You. Aren't. Listening. To. Me. Go. Re-read. What. I. Said.

Oh I'm sorry, I read your post in a way that made it look like what you were saying was even relevant to what we were discussing. Looks like I was wrong. My bad.

TVTyrant
June 2nd, 2012, 01:41 PM
Oh I'm sorry, I read your post in a way that made it look like what you were saying was even relevant to what we were discussing. Looks like I was wrong. My bad.
Your inability to make inference is astounding.

Rainbow Dash
June 2nd, 2012, 01:51 PM
Your inability to make inference is astounding.

And your inability to even formulate an a proper argument is amazing.

The government figures that they're endangering them no matter what. I don't see it that way, but if I worked or a massive agency that had had its records stolen, I would be giving them the middle finger too. I get what they're trying to do, I'm just saying that no one would help a thief to sell the stuff they stole from them more efficiently.

first you're talking about wikileaks selling it

It wasn't accidental, I thought it would be hilarious lol. Good pun, don't you think?

then you're going on about the journalists, and web server hosts who make money off of wikileaks business.

Start over and try to make a point that isn't jumping around with every post you make then come back.

TVTyrant
June 2nd, 2012, 01:57 PM
LISTEN TO ME

What WikiLeaks does is gives out information. They steal it, and put it on the internet. Whether its a good thing or a bad thing isn't what's important here.

So the people being stolen from don't like it. Of course not. Its confidential in there eyes for a reason.

So then, after stealing the info, which could possibly put soldiers in danger, they turn right back around and go "Hey, we're too lazy to put the dark ink on this ourselves, so could you take out all of the parts that might hurt people for us?"

Now, if you had secret documents, would your reaction be "Oh yeah sure. While you're at it, here's some more documents" or would you say "No fuck you get lost?"

=sw=warlord
June 2nd, 2012, 02:10 PM
If you knew the info was going to get out the least you can do is try and attempt damage control.
The authorities who refuse to point out which parts NEED filtering are just as bad as those releasing it.
Oh and last I heard WikiLeaks doesn't actually steal the data, their sources do that and then pass it on.

TVTyrant
June 2nd, 2012, 02:35 PM
The authorities who refuse to point out which parts NEED filtering are just as bad as those releasing it.
I agree. My whole point is that you can't really claim moral superiority on that. This tiny point got dragged out to a huge extent.

Again, I think what they do is partially good. Its also still against the law, and I'm not an anarchist. When you break the law, you should be punished. That's how it is.

Rainbow Dash
June 2nd, 2012, 02:42 PM
What WikiLeaks does is gives out information. They steal it, and put it on the internet.

Wrong, whistle blowers give Wikileaks information, and they publish it.

So the people being stolen from don't like it. Of course not. Its confidential in there eyes for a reason.

It's completely understandable that the USA and their military do not particularly enjoy having their questionable actions available to be seen by all.

So then, after stealing the info, which could possibly put soldiers in danger, they turn right back around and go "Hey, we're too lazy to put the dark ink on this ourselves, so could you take out all of the parts that might hurt people for us?"

Entirely erroneous statement. Again, wikileaks does not function like this (http://www.jeuxjeuxjeux.fr/jeu/ne+te+fais+pas+attraper/wikileaks.html). Nor is their asking the USA government for help censoring info that could potentially harm people them just being "too lazy" to do it themselves. If the false version of reality you seem to think is what's happening here were true, they wouldn't be censoring stuff at all, which I've already proven to be false too.

Obviously the US government has far more complete information than wikileaks does, and with their help, they would be better able to effectively protect people's lives, which as I've stated before, is supposedly the USA's primary concern with what wikileaks is doing.

You seem to be making the erroneous assumption that Wikileaks knows exactly what they have to censor, and that is the humongous flaw in your argument!

Now, if you had secret documents, would your reaction be "Oh yeah sure. While you're at it, here's some more documents" or would you say "No fuck you get lost?"

There's literally no reason why they could not just go, hey, here's the documents we intend to release, if you could look over our redactions, and suggest new ones to better protect human lives and your country's security that'd be great! This would completely avoid giving out more documents to them.

Ambassador Louis B. Susman
US Embassy
24 Grosvenor Square
London, W1A 1AE
United Kingdom
26 November 2010

Dear Ambassador Susman,
I refer to recent public statements by United States Government officials expressing concern
about the possible publication by WikiLeaks and other media organisations of information
allegedly derived from United States Government records. I understand that the United States
Government has recently devoted substantial resources to examination of these records over
many months.
Subject to the general objective of ensuring maximum disclosure of information in the public
interest, WikiLeaks would be grateful for the United States Government to privately nominate
any specific instances (record numbers or names) where it considers the publication of
information would put individual persons at significant risk of harm that has not already been
addressed.
WikiLeaks will respect the confidentiality of advice provided by the United States Government
and is prepared to consider any such submissions made without delay.

Yours sincerely,

Julian Assange

=sw=warlord
June 2nd, 2012, 02:47 PM
I agree. My whole point is that you can't really claim moral superiority on that. This tiny point got dragged out to a huge extent.

Again, I think what they do is partially good. Its also still against the law, and I'm not an anarchist. When you break the law, you should be punished. That's how it is.

Some laws need to be broken.
You can't simply say the law is the law and be done with it.
Otherwise we wouldn't be discussing things like SOPA or ACTA.

Rainbow Dash
June 2nd, 2012, 02:57 PM

Seriously, this too. It amuses me to no end when people just go, "oh, well that's the law lolol" and refuse to have a discussion beyond that.

=sw=warlord
June 2nd, 2012, 03:05 PM
Downloading copyrighted software is considered theft and fraud.
truth is, theft implies resources from one cache is removed and placed elsewhere without permission, this does not apply to software because data is replicated via binary, you can create as many replicates as you like so long as your storage device has room, no resources are removed, counterfeit implies replication in attempt to deceive, there is no deception here the software is a exact replica.

TVTyrant
June 2nd, 2012, 03:15 PM
Otherwise we wouldn't be discussing things like SOPA or ACTA.
I agree. But you shouldn't expect not to be punished, nor should people expect them to get off without even a slap on the wrist. I have addressed this before. The law is the law, and while it can be a stupid law that should be broken, you can't go in and break it expecting not to feel any repercussions.

What the US government is is a fucking oligarchy. Until the day comes when we decide to band our rifles together and cleanse our hands of the whole thing, I will act as if it is here to stay. Thus meaning, I will obide by the laws enacted and the contracts I sign. When the moment comes when I must break these, I will accept the consequences.

I'm not in a false reality. I'm saying that there is no incentive for them to help people release information they don't want released. The higher ups don't give two shits about soldiers. You should know that, you're a socialist. If I had it my way, these things would all be free and clear and in the open, and people wouldn't have to sneak around and release crap on the internet. But we don't live in magic land of freedom and miracles. We live in reality, where there are consequences for everything, good and bad. The point I was making wasn't defending anyone, it was an explanation. Sorry there was confusion there. Yes, I know how wikileaks works. But its easier to type it as them doing it. I could go through and name the whistle blowers, but I'm studying for a math final and that would be a pain in the ass.

Rainbow Dash
June 2nd, 2012, 03:20 PM
I'm saying that there is no incentive for them to help people release information they don't want released.

Their incentive is to protect lives.

The higher ups don't give two shits about soldiers.

That was my point pretty much all along???

TVTyrant
June 2nd, 2012, 03:48 PM
That was my point pretty much all along???
I know. I have been agreeing with you this whole time. Thank you for finally understanding that.

=sw=warlord
June 2nd, 2012, 04:01 PM
I agree. But you shouldn't expect not to be punished, nor should people expect them to get off without even a slap on the wrist. I have addressed this before. The law is the law, and while it can be a stupid law that should be broken, you can't go in and break it expecting not to feel any repercussions.

"When two trains meet each other at a Railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone."

"The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home."

TVTyrant
June 2nd, 2012, 04:05 PM
"When two trains meet each other at a Railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone."

"The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home."
welp, good thing the encyclopedia britannica is out of print then

DarkHalo003
June 2nd, 2012, 04:18 PM
Lol American Paranoia.

Jelly
June 2nd, 2012, 08:37 PM
hi all j. ass. here just want you to know im please for your support. thankgou for the time youm spend on the thread and youtube as well. i just want you to know that jews are behind m or behind this. i'm not gay, this s a jewish conspiracy whose scope knows no bouns. donate to iki leaks and keep information free. an exceprt from an email if you will

im going to murer middle class voters barack obama

Bodzilla
June 2nd, 2012, 10:47 PM
but what of the pork barrells under buss's speeding with blowjobs?

TVTyrant
June 3rd, 2012, 02:32 AM
but what of the pork barrells under buss's speeding with blowjobs?
rofl

Rainbow Dash
June 19th, 2012, 11:53 PM
http://www.rt.com/news/assange-political-asylum-equador-236/

Rainbow Dash
August 14th, 2012, 04:29 PM
d5sXprNquZM

Kornman00
August 14th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Commenters are saying it's a lie, but I'm not seeing any news articles backing those claims up

Rainbow Dash
August 14th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Yeah, it was all speculation I guess?

http://www.rt.com/news/assange-granted-asylum-ecuador-298/

OH WELL

Kornman00
August 14th, 2012, 05:52 PM
The decision is still up in the air then

Rainbow Dash
August 16th, 2012, 11:34 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/08/16/julian-assange-ecuador-uk.html

Kornman00
August 16th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Silly Brits, you can't has

TVTyrant
August 16th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Ecuador:

this is what you get for stealing our bananas with your evil slave system, whey!

rossmum
August 16th, 2012, 06:47 PM
this owns. the uk has basically just ruined their international standing because they're so desperate to please the us (who pressured them into this). if they go through with their threat, they lose international respect and their own embassies are opened up as targets. if they don't, they look like idiots and nobody will take them seriously.

good work, cameron, you giant fucking incompetent oaf.

TVTyrant
August 16th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Don't worry guys

America still likes you :)

Kornman00
August 16th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Just not your gov't

It's kay, we don't like our gov't either :downs:

Emmzee
August 17th, 2012, 08:37 PM
he fucking sexually assaulted somebody ecuador can suck it

Bodzilla
August 18th, 2012, 07:35 AM
troll spotted

activate the shield barrier

Emmzee
August 18th, 2012, 05:02 PM
sorry that i dont condone rape

Kornman00
August 18th, 2012, 05:43 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HlW_SzYNbn8/S_7mpb6xmQI/AAAAAAAAACY/tx7vDbuAjMU/s1600/NiggaPlease.png

Kornman00
August 19th, 2012, 08:11 PM
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/19/13360956-assange-in-balcony-appeal-to-obama-release-leak-suspect-bradley-manning

Rainbow Dash
August 19th, 2012, 08:49 PM
CardXY5DfKU

Kornman00
August 22nd, 2012, 04:34 PM
Where you at Aussies (http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/4208938.html) <:maddowns:>?

rossmum
August 23rd, 2012, 04:41 AM
not daring to act because australia so desperately wants america and britain's cocks

Dozo
August 23rd, 2012, 05:31 AM
not daring to act because australia so desperately wants america and britain's cocks

Kornman00
August 23rd, 2012, 02:44 PM
ITT: Double penetration

Bodzilla
August 23rd, 2012, 09:13 PM
hl4NlA97GeQ

Kornman00
August 24th, 2012, 12:02 AM
They climbin' in your windows, they're snatchin' your income tax!

Hide your kids, hide your wife! Buy a gun, buy a knife!

heheheh, that part made watching up until then worth it

=sw=warlord
August 26th, 2012, 07:55 AM
"We believe that this unfortunate incident is over," said Correa. "It was a mistake for the British Foreign Office to say that they would enter our embassy."
"It's good that the United Kingdom has given up its threat," he continued. "Now we act as if we never received it. We must seek a mutually acceptable solution of the case of Julian Assange through dialogue."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/correa-believes-assange-row-britain-resolved-084618439.html

Emmzee
August 26th, 2012, 07:30 PM
the former ruler of the world, great britain, everybody