PDA

View Full Version : HCE A Halo server request from me to you

Sean Aero
July 22nd, 2012, 03:34 AM
Hello good sirs of Modacity,

The reason for writing today is me asking for a little favor.
As some of you might know HaloRank (that Halo statistics project, which I've been working on for long long time) basically crashed back in Nov "11 due to scalability issues. Too many servers got connected and the code I wrote was not optimized to handle such amount of incoming data. The database design was bad which caused the server load to hit numbers beyond healthy (8.00), it was actually a miracle that it ran for a few months.

In the course of the last two quarters I've been slowly updating the HaloRank code and have changed the design of the database which lead me to today's request, being:

"Could you please run a Halo server with an updated version of Gandanur server app which I hold, for a time span of a week or two?"

Reason for asking, I want to stress test the newly designed database and code to know if it can withstand a large amount of servers and if not, what the current limit is.

If you are able to help, please leave a reply here or contact me by m4il: sean at halorank.com :eng101:

More info on progress:
www.facebook.com/HaloRank (http://www.facebook.com/HaloRank)

Cloud
July 22nd, 2012, 01:42 PM
I can do this send it to me.

Servers on the east coast on a 300mb pipe.