PDA

View Full Version : Dishonored

Higuy
October 17th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Suprised no ones been talking about this game. I just beat it, and if anyone is hesitant to buy it, I say buy it. Well worth the money spent, the game is very interesting looking and has some unique combat and characters. The level design is great, and the story provides plenty of options with great multiple endings depending on those actions, even up to actions on how you neutralize enemies while playing the game. I went into the game not expecting a whole lot out of it, and I was simply impressed.

Heres a trailer, if you don't know what I'm talking about:

wT2BerE8x60

Timo
October 17th, 2012, 08:07 PM
I'm pretty tempted to pick it up after seeing this guys mad skills:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eqOMI8_txw

But I doubt I could come close to that level of awesomeness playing a game like this.

Higuy
October 17th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Holy shit, that is awesome. You can get pretty crazy but Its safe to assure that I did not come to anything close to that.

Warsaw
October 17th, 2012, 08:24 PM
I only wish Dishonored was using idTech 5, because whatever it is using doesn't lend itself well to the gritty atmosphere that should be permeating the game. It is supposed to be gloomy like Half-Life 2, so that means Source or idTech 5 would fit the bill.

That said, the game has been on my "buy" list since the first announcements.

Higuy
October 18th, 2012, 05:11 AM
It uses Unreal, which is perfectly fit for that type of atmosphere I would think. In a sense, alot of it would be similar to Half Life 2, but in another sense, not really. If you follow the story the environments in a way make perfect sense, where as some are very dark and gloomy and others are bright and colorful.

PenGuin1362
October 18th, 2012, 08:35 PM
I only wish Dishonored was using idTech 5, because whatever it is using doesn't lend itself well to the gritty atmosphere that should be permeating the game. It is supposed to be gloomy like Half-Life 2, so that means Source or idTech 5 would fit the bill.

both of those engines are MASSIVE head aches and do not lend well to speedy production for an inexperienced team using either. I think it looks great as is. But yes, it is on my buy list as well.

Warsaw
October 20th, 2012, 01:06 AM
It uses Unreal, which is perfectly fit for that type of atmosphere I would think. In a sense, alot of it would be similar to Half Life 2, but in another sense, not really. If you follow the story the environments in a way make perfect sense, where as some are very dark and gloomy and others are bright and colorful.

Except, the way it looks it has that same pasty sheen as Bethesda's in-house games. Boo-hiss.

No game is perfect, of course. This is me being nit-picky over my most looked-forward-to game this year. :p

El Lobo
October 20th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Looks really interesting, the architecture used gives it a real Half Life 2 feel in my opinion. Not sure if I will pick it up or just wait until the new Hitman to get my assassination fix.

:lobo:

Warsaw
October 20th, 2012, 11:54 AM
It was worked on by the same visual designer as Half-Life 2. :)

MXC
October 21st, 2012, 11:49 AM
I don't know, I'm not really a fan of face-stabbing.