PDA

View Full Version : Funniest shit ever

Bodzilla
October 31st, 2012, 01:02 AM
Housos vs Authority

8BurNZULDKA
These guys make incredible australian shows which actually have me rolling on the floor laughing.
This randomly popped up in my twitter feed. Cant fucking wait.

TVTyrant
October 31st, 2012, 01:06 AM
why is my screen filled with white trash people that have terrible, noisy accents?

Bodzilla
October 31st, 2012, 01:19 AM
for someone who's never seen these guys it'll be a little off putting at first but the best way i can describe them is this.
Remember when Adam Sandler had really funny over the top acting comedic movies? well Picture a movie where everyone's as crazy or crazier then that, throw in some silly references (not all you'll get, like the "SUNNYVALE" tattoo is actually the cheapest shittest 4L Cask of wine in australia) and something which will no doubt be a hilarious plot, if any of their past work is something to go off.

It's hilarious, You'll either get it and it'll become a cult classic movie for you, or you'll be put off.
It's not family friendly.

Bodzilla
October 31st, 2012, 05:29 AM
If you liked the cinematography of Cranked, you'll like this

n00b1n8R
October 31st, 2012, 08:03 AM
this is not funny in australia, its less funny to people overseas stop embarrassing us with this crap :smith:

Bodzilla
October 31st, 2012, 08:16 AM
your like one of the only people that i've ever met that didnt like the absurdity and over the top style of fat pizza.

=sw=warlord
October 31st, 2012, 09:54 AM
That's not funny, now this is funny;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAorrOBfIXU

Sanctus
October 31st, 2012, 11:18 AM
Could have sworn that was a documentary about Mississippi for a second there.

Rainbow Dash
October 31st, 2012, 01:09 PM
Needs captions, I can't understand what they're saying!

Limited
October 31st, 2012, 01:32 PM
Chasers War On Everything, now that is funny Australian

n00b1n8R
October 31st, 2012, 07:36 PM
Needs captions, I can't understand what they're saying!
typical north american lmao

thehoodedsmack
October 31st, 2012, 08:25 PM
Looks like Trailer Park Boys (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trailer_Park_Boys) in a desert.

Wait a minute...

Trailer Park Boys is a Canadian comedy mockumentary television series created and directed by Mike Clattenburg that focuses on the misadventures of a group of trailer park residents, some of whom are ex-convicts, living in the fictional Sunnyvale Trailer Park in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.

Housos is an Australian comedy television series created by Paul Fenech for SBS, that screens on SBS One. The series is a satirical parody of low income Australian residents of fictional suburb Sunnyvale, who are living in Housing Commission public housing.

Is there any link in producers between these two series?

Bodzilla
October 31st, 2012, 09:32 PM
no idea, the guy that writes it paul french has done other shows with similar characters before.

rossmum
October 31st, 2012, 10:56 PM
Fun thing:

I now work with what most people would identify as these sorts two days a week, every week, and aside from the occasional outburst (usually from those with legitimate mental health issues), they are really not any worse than your typical upper-middle-class paying customers, in fact I'd say they're better. Big difference between the totally insincere, mumbled "thank you" you would get in some upmarket cafe, and seeing a look of genuine gratitude since some of the people we have come in can scarcely afford a bus ticket, let alone a proper feed.

I don't doubt there are bludgers out there, but between the bad opinions and bad lifestyle choices I see all the time from the lower classes and also from the actual offending subset themselves, I'm fairly convinced it has little to do with them as a person and a lot more to do with a shitty environment.

Long story short, I might have laughed at this a year or two ago, but now it just rubs me up the wrong way thinking of all the fuckheads with their six cars and inner-city palaces laughing it up at a problem they helped cause, intentionally or not. You obviously don't fall in that group, and neither would I any more, but you know what I mean.