PDA

View Full Version : Oh North Korea!

Sanctus
December 14th, 2012, 09:54 AM
http://m.popsci.com/technology/article/2012-12/north-koreas-satellite-tumbling-out-control

Despite the fact that the satellite might hit other countrys' satellites, it's almost cartoonish how, as a country, N. Korea fails so much despite being one of our greatest threats.

=sw=warlord
December 14th, 2012, 10:06 AM
I have serious doubts of it colliding with another satellite, though more power to them if they do.

Kornman00
December 14th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Maybe they should feed their rocket scientists? Or actually get some rocket scientists...

Patrickssj6
December 14th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Despite the fact that the satellite might hit other countrys' satellites, it's almost cartoonish how, as a country, N. Korea fails so much despite being one of our greatest threats.

Blablabla. So on that slim chance of finding a needle in a haystack the satellite colliding with something else, those communist would remove the GPS signal from your smartphone for a few minutes? How (http://actu.epfl.ch/news/cleaning-up-earth-s-orbit-a-swiss-satellite-to-tac/) devastating.

Sorry but people like you annoy me.

DarkHalo003
December 14th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Maybe they should feed their rocket scientists? Or actually get some rocket scientists populace...
Okay, I'm done.

Sanctus
December 14th, 2012, 01:06 PM
If you knew anything about history then you'd know the United States was, and technically still is, at war with North Korea. Not to mention they've performed numerous nuclear weapons tests. Do you honestly think I'm so fucking retarded that I'd believe they're a big threat because of a wayward satellite? Pay attention.

Zeph
December 14th, 2012, 01:25 PM
If you knew anything about physics, you'd wonder how something in a ballistic orbit could be tumbling out of control. It's doing what is completely expected of an object with that velocity and orbit. They attempted a polar orbit and failed since their satellite doesn't seem to have the capability to maneuver under its own power.

Also, don't forget that according to all those space and nuclear treaties signed by first world countries, such as the US/China/Russia, that any nation getting into the development of nuclear power or launch into space (something NK/Iran have shown themselves trying to do) is supposed to get a helping hand and full cooperation from any signatory. You see, when a country gets told to not do certain types of things, it tends to weaponize its tech to make sure it'll have to go down fighting if not allowed to do so.

Also, North Korea's attempt at a nuclear device is laughable. It produces more radiation than destructive heat; and that's only marginal over the heat. NK's nuke isn't even large enough to destroy the campus of a chemical plant in my home town. That means that my home town has more military potential than the entirety of NK (We're told to not even bother getting away should the place start to blow).

Sanctus
December 14th, 2012, 01:48 PM
I never used the word "tumble", the article did. Nevertheless I generally agree with what you're saying. However, The only point I made was that its laughable how hard North Korea fails at almost every endeavour it attempts that involves proving its "might". If the world was a playground North Korea would be that weird kid that talks about how powerful and amazing he is, but can't even get on the swing without falling on his face.

Patrickssj6
December 14th, 2012, 02:07 PM
If you knew anything about history then you'd know the United States was, and technically still is, at war with North Korea. Not to mention they've performed numerous nuclear weapons tests. Do you honestly think I'm so fucking retarded that I'd believe they're a big threat because of a wayward satellite? Pay attention.
I don't want to sound arrogant but if you really thought I was only talking about a satellite being an over-hysterical threat, then you need to widen your horizon a lot more until you come even close to mine.

If you think it is "laughable" and you compare NK to a child falling from the swing on his face, then you are the adult standing next to it laughing and not helping. This will help the NK/US relationship immensely.

But if you find these topics amusing, here (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/04/us-iran-usa-drone-idUSBRE8B308920121204) is one for you as well.

=sw=warlord
December 14th, 2012, 03:56 PM
IMO if you're stupid enough to use open source software to control your super secret classified drone then you have no one but yourself to blame when it gets hijacked and parked in a school yard.

Sanctus
December 14th, 2012, 11:26 PM
The point I was originally making is how it is almost comedic how North Korea consistently blunders at things such as this. Don't make it about anything more. It's not that serious of an issue. Also WHOLE-HEARTEDLY agree with Warlord's point.
E:I And yes, that topic is incredibly amusing.

TVTyrant
December 15th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Sorry, but this shit is funny. As was Iran stealing our drone. That shit was funny too.

Zeph
December 15th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Sorry, but this shit is funny. As was Iran stealing our drone. That shit was funny too.
No, what's funny is that the transmissions to/from the drones are still unencrypted and uncompressed.
Want to know if a drone is watching you in derpifuckistan? Tune your TV across the spectrum and find out.

Sanctus
December 15th, 2012, 10:43 AM
^ all of this.

Rainbow Dash
December 15th, 2012, 11:56 AM
The point I was originally making is how it is almost comedic how North Korea consistently blunders at things such as this. Don't make it about anything more. It's not that serious of an issue. Also WHOLE-HEARTEDLY agree with Warlord's point.
E:I And yes, that topic is incredibly amusing.

Whereas the USA was immediately successful with its space program and never made any mistakes :]

Higuy
December 15th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Whereas the USA was immediately successful with its space program and never made any mistakes :]

^

This

It's not like they really have lots of help from other countries obviously, the media calls it comedic because our more first world countries have already done in this past and are continuing to get better and better at it.

That being said, they need to fucking feed their population. Cunts.

Warsaw
December 15th, 2012, 02:29 PM
USA and USSR cheated with all of those fancy German scientists~

TVTyrant
December 15th, 2012, 03:02 PM
And that shit was funny too.

EagerYoungSpaceCadet
December 15th, 2012, 03:19 PM
And that shit was funny too.Except people died in the USA space program incidents.

Now that I think about it, the engineers and scientists who worked on the NK satellite are probably going to meet a similar fate, suddenly making it not so amusing anymore

Sanctus
December 16th, 2012, 01:09 PM
USA and USSR cheated with all of those fancy German scientists~
Wehrner Von Braun yo.

Except people died in the USA space program incidents.
Now that I think about it, the engineers and scientists who worked on the NK satellite are probably going to meet a similar fate, suddenly making it not so amusing anymore

Oh dear I hadn't even realized this :ohdear:

sleepy1212
December 17th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Maybe they should feed their rocket scientists?

but...but rockets don't run on scientists...do they? :ohdear:

EX12693
December 18th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Hahaha I wasn't the only one who noticed that!