PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Steam Winter Sale Is Live!

Amit
December 20th, 2012, 01:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GM8wd.png (http://store.steampowered.com/)

Except it's a little borked right now. I think it's because of the traffic hammering the website. Publisher packs take a bit of time to load, but they will load. Just keep refreshing the page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bUo1PgKksgw

Kornman00
December 20th, 2012, 03:59 PM
*runs around naked in celebration*

Kornman00
December 20th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Ho, ho, ho Amit :3

Amit
December 20th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Haha, thanks man. I only added Arkham City to my wishlist so that Valve would send me an alert for when it went on daily deal. Much appreciated, though. You really want that badge don't you? Well, you're not the only one ;)

DarkHalo003
December 21st, 2012, 09:48 AM
Dawnguard is on sale for $13 for anyone wanting it the earliest possible in the winter sale. It's worth the money from what I'm told. I'm still waiting for it to come down to $9.99 or less first though.

Amit
December 21st, 2012, 01:21 PM
I'm still waiting for Skyrim to drop below $30.

Kornman00
December 21st, 2012, 04:46 PM
The Splinter Cells package is less than 12$. Throw in the one DLC released for Conviction and you can get all the SC goodies for less than 14$

ODX
December 21st, 2012, 05:25 PM
Dunno what I'm gonna buy, aside from Far Cry 3 if it maybe goes 50% off. Otherwise, don't really want anything else. Oh well.

Zeph
December 21st, 2012, 06:10 PM
Waiting for Skyrim DLC to go 75% off. Might grab mirror's edge as well. Not really looking for anything else. I feel that I learned my lesson last year's sale. Still haven't played 25% of the stuff I bought back then :(.

Amit
December 21st, 2012, 06:53 PM
Some analysis website said I only played 16% of my games :/

Kornman00
December 21st, 2012, 07:03 PM
I've been slowly buying the games that I still own for Xbox1. So that I won't always have to be reliant on having a working Xbox1 or parts for all those cool oldschool games (eg, Splinter Cell, KOTOR)

edit: I've also been trading in my games at GameStop and using the store credit to get Steam wallet cards. Take that, store credit!

Kornman00
December 24th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Hey look, 75% off dat ass effect franchise!

And by franchise they mean ass effects uno and dos.

In other news, I'm voting for that new Hitman game

DarkHalo003
December 24th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Finally got Dawnguard! :)

It may still be 50%. Get it while you can! (Skyrim may also still be 50% off!)

nuttyyayap
December 24th, 2012, 10:37 PM
So, I go to buy the Valve Complete Pack...
"We're sorry, this game is not available in your region"
FUCK.
Whatevs. Got myself Saints Row 2 and a few other cheap games here and there.

Kornman00
December 24th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Crazy how Saints Row 3, the entire fucking package, is going for less than 8$...for another 13hrs. More people should get it, maybe get some co-op going. I traded in my 360 copy and got the steam package sale instead (even tho I already had the base game from Humble Bundle).

Also, fucking Boarderlands 2 got the vote. Hopefully Hitman Abs will come back up again.

Whatevs, getting Tomb Raider 2 & 3, along with Jet Set Radio (I want future :( too). After watching a couple TR2&3 vids on youtube, my nostalgia meter was off the scale.

Limited
December 25th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Crazy how Saints Row 3, the entire fucking package, is going for less than 8$...for another 13hrs. More people should get it, maybe get some co-op going. I traded in my 360 copy and got the steam package sale instead (even tho I already had the base game from Humble Bundle).

Also, fucking Boarderlands 2 got the vote. Hopefully Hitman Abs will come back up again.

Whatevs, getting Tomb Raider 2 & 3, along with Jet Set Radio (I want future :( too). After watching a couple TR2&3 vids on youtube, my nostalgia meter was off the scale.
I spent days trying to get the key to the racetrack in Tomb Raider 3 (PC). True accomplishment when you do.

ejburke
December 25th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Also, Amazon is running a sale for the next several days on downloadable games. If you've never bought digital from Amazon, you should know that most are redeamable on Steam. I bought the Desert and Sea pack of Bioshock 1 & 2 plus Spec Ops: The Line for $10 and entered the codes in Steam and they work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_26410_27426110_pe_button/?docId=1000716161&ie=UTF8

I own both Bioshocks and I don't even really like 2, but to be able to get rid of my discs is worth the chump change. Been on the lookout for $2.50 deals on games I own on disc.

For games I don't have, my strategy is to pay $2.50 for games that are more than 4 years old and $5 for games that are newer, that I'm more likely to get around to playing. Sometimes I'll pay $7.50 for games that are within a year old, that I am likely to play soon, like Saint's Row the Third.

I'm not totally cheap and I will buy a game at full price if it's brand new and I want to play it immediately. But a game like Max Payne 3 being $15, nah, I can wait till that is $5. My Steam backlog is just too long to justify paying any more than that.

Kornman00
December 25th, 2012, 01:56 PM
What's your steamid burke?

Kornman00
December 27th, 2012, 10:07 PM
In one minute Driver SF and THPS HD will be flash sold. Somehow showed up early for me

edit: yep, those two are part of the next flash sale. IDK how I was able to see them early. Also, I'm pretty sure the forum's server time is ahead by a few minutes

Bobblehob
December 28th, 2012, 02:27 AM
You nigs should definitely pick up Spec Ops: The Line. Not sure if its still on sale for 10 bucks, but even at full prices its a damn good game and is totally worth the money. Mechanically it is a competant cover based, 3rd person shooter, with some annoyances here and there with controls. Some of the gameplay will remind you of other games, CoD, GoW and the like, but its job is to mimic those to some degree as well as present itself as a foil for one of the best modern war game stories to date. It easily trumps that of CoD 4 and pretty much any other.

I don't want to spoil it for any of you, but suffice to say. It will either make you hate yourself or leave you in a kind of sad funk by the end, which feels damn nice compared to most others.

Bodzilla
December 28th, 2012, 04:24 AM
From what i heard it shoehorns you into committing war crimes then gets mad at you at the end.

Kornman00
December 28th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Meh, I'll wait until the summer sale for it

Also, Saints Row 3 full package is back up in a flash sale

Bodzilla
December 28th, 2012, 06:08 AM
LA Noire is $3.73

is it any good or is it a piece of shit?

MXC
December 28th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Driver San Francisco is $7.50. That was one of the best games I played in a LONG time, can't reccomend it enough.

Pooky
December 28th, 2012, 12:08 PM
You nigs should definitely pick up Spec Ops: The Line. Not sure if its still on sale for 10 bucks, but even at full prices its a damn good game and is totally worth the money. Mechanically it is a competant cover based, 3rd person shooter, with some annoyances here and there with controls. Some of the gameplay will remind you of other games, CoD, GoW and the like, but its job is to mimic those to some degree as well as present itself as a foil for one of the best modern war game stories to date. It easily trumps that of CoD 4 and pretty much any other.

I don't want to spoil it for any of you, but suffice to say. It will either make you hate yourself or leave you in a kind of sad funk by the end, which feels damn nice compared to most others.

Okay first you misspelled competent, then you dissed CoD 4.

You and me, we're done.

Bobblehob
December 28th, 2012, 01:29 PM
I didnt diss CoD 4, I just said that the story in Spec Ops is better

Kornman00
December 28th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Whoo, just hit my 15th vote and unlocked the final task for this sale :downs:

And all I got was this stupid badge :saddowns:

Bobblehob
December 28th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Where you expecting something else? xD

Amit
December 29th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Whoo, just hit my 15th vote and unlocked the final task for this sale :downs:

And all I got was this stupid badge :saddowns:

Could have just signed in on Steam mobile days ago and figured that out earlier :P

Kornman00
December 29th, 2012, 09:44 PM
I wasn't seriously thinking I would get something else guys :P

Kornman00
December 30th, 2012, 01:23 AM
How rude, Valve. Pitting two BioWare games against each other for votes on the next deal. Guess it's a good thing I own both KOTOR already.

Kornman00
December 30th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Also, I swear this is AT LEAST the third fucking time SimCity 4 came onsale. 2003 called...on a land line, they want their game back.

Kornman00
January 4th, 2013, 04:31 PM
R.U.S.E just went on a flash sale. Looks like a fun RTS. Supports Mac too. I think I'll get it

edit: lol, I have 3.43 left in my steam wallet. How worthless

Mr Buckshot
January 5th, 2013, 03:00 PM
I actually preordered Hitman Absolution. It was fun, but disappointing compared to its predecessors. Would not recommend if you're seeking another Blood Money :( The game had its clever moments but the frustrating save system and the stupid Instinct/disguise mechanic pissed me off. Plus it was clearly structured to allow for smooth gunplay which is not what Hitman should encourage... (yes it gives a bad score if you get into a gunfight but the cover system and smooth aiming give it away)

Didn't get much this time, just The Walking Dead (amazing, just beat it), and Far Cry 3 (a few technical issues for me right now, but a huge improvement over the disappointing Far Cry 2). I'm mad that Far Cry 3 is crashing when I try to load or start a campaign if I have high settings on (it just stops responding at the loading screen), but performs fine for multiplayer (which I didn't get the game for). So until they patch this shit, I have to use the ugly medium presets for single player.

For those who didn't get Dishonored yet, highly recommend getting it now.