PDA

View Full Version : Zero Dark Thirty

ChemicalFizz
January 5th, 2013, 09:10 PM
I just watched this yesterday. It's open only in select theaters right now, but will release everywhere else on January 11th. All I can say is, I had a great time watching this. I've watched most of the major releases in 2012 and I rate this one pretty high up. If you can look past the historical accuracy criticisms and the sensationalism and torture debates and jingoism and hype and whatnot... I would say watch it for what it is: a great espionage thriller. Most people are going to watch it for the inevitable UBL killing mission... I mean yeah, that part's cool and what very little action is present in the movie is great (in my opinion), but the whole lead-up to the mission is really what the movie does well. Frankly it doesn't matter whether the film was accurate, although I hope for OPSEC reasons nothing was compromised. There are really only 3 names you really need to know (Abu Ahmed comes up like 30 times lol), the rest can be followed and explained throughout the movie... If you've been following the War in Afghanistan your entire life, then you already have the entire movie spoiled, story-wise. Apparently the Senate launched an investigation as to whether the film dug too deeply into sensitive territory... Because, you know, they have nothing more important to do. I think it's expected that a movie like this will never get it 100% right. However, as a whole, the film is very well-directed and acted. The story and the 11 year timeline probably weren't easy to condense into the movie, although it is pretty long at 2.5 hours. Good watch; I recommend this one.

We got applause after the credits rolled... Then I heard "AMURICUHHHH FUCK YEAH!!" somewhere in the front row. Needless to say, if you don't live in the US, I don't know if you're going to like this movie as much. But it has guns & explosions & PEW PEW BAM BAM THANK YOU MA'M... And a redhead :iamafag:

Cortexian
January 5th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Yeah I saw an advanced screening of this as well, quite a decent flick and definitely better than the National Geographic version (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/seal-team-six-the-raid-on-osama-bin-laden/).