PDA

View Full Version : Arsenic 2.0.0.9

Blumoon94
March 18th, 2013, 07:36 PM
So I was recently recommended by Moses in his Arsenic thread to start a new thread stating that I have Arsenic 2.0.0.9... and I do. lol. So, for whoever wants it, here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/?l7m0wo63oh9zihd

3169 3170

Keep in mind that you need the November 2008 version of SlimDX to use this. :D

P.S. I have a few other things related to Halo 1 xbox modding if anyone is interested.

Moses
March 18th, 2013, 07:58 PM
I love you good sir.

Edit: and please do list what you have up for grabs. I've got HHTv5 and HMT3.5. Those are all over the internet. Arsenic was really the only thing I couldn't find.

Blumoon94
March 18th, 2013, 08:22 PM
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?22507-Halo-(Xbox)-Halo-2-HUD&highlight=Blumoon94, here's a thread I made a pretty long time ago, I was using Arsenic to do this. My goal was to redesign the halo 1 xbox campaign with halo 2 hud, models, vehicles, etc. But I never got any further than what you see there. As for other things I have, I have the cooperative campaign mod for halo 1, and that's it. I used to have more, but sadly I had thought halo xbox modding was dead, so I deleted it all about two years ago.

Oh, btw, I do have something else you might want, PM me or add me on AIM: blumoon186

Moses
March 18th, 2013, 08:28 PM
If I can manage to get my jumping tank, SOPHIA, into my xbox I'll be happy lol. I'm sure I can do it pretty easily with arsenic cause it auto-converts tag types, or so I've read.

Blumoon94
March 18th, 2013, 08:39 PM
That'd make me happy too. XD Tell me if you have any luck, I might just get back into halo modding if I find someone to help and push me in the right direction.

Moses
March 18th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Well as long as we're talking about large scale projects we used to be doing, I used to me MUCH bigger into Oblivion modding, but I started everything with HCE. My biggest project I ever attempted was a fullscale gun system for Oblivion written entirely in oblivion's native scripting language with some very useful functions added through Oblivion Script Extender. I got incredibly far into it but circumstances forced me to release it in a broken, unfinished state. Here's a couple vids showing what I managed to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQtgpfSu7g8&fmt=18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrk7jG6r_JM&fmt=18

It was actually much more complete than those videos show, but I don't have those uploaded.

Here's the thread where I released it and explained why I couldn't work on it anymore.
https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1188028-free-use-ballistic-arms-resourcefubar/

Yea, I know it was a random tangent, but I haven't been on these forums since about the start of that project and not many people know it ever existed.....

Blumoon94
March 18th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Wow! That's pretty awesome. I gave up on mine because I didn't have enough knowledge of the HUD and how it worked to be able to make it work with Halo any more than you see in those pictures from the thread I posted. I hadn't even started on the vehicles and bipeds, or anything yet, but that probably would've been easier. There wasn't much info out on Arsenic, so I didn't know how to use parts of it or I would've tackled that first. I would love to go back and start working on that again though. I know what I want to do with it, but the knowledge to do so is missing in some areas. You did a really good job on that, though. Really nice work.

Moses
March 18th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Yea there's a lot more to the mod that actually DOES WORK in what I released, like working energy shield system simply by putting on the suit, parts of the hud still work, the suit also gave burst active camo, toggleable night vision, working energy sword, and a few other tiny bits. But most of the gun system and hud system were broken because I forgot how to fix them by the time I came back to the mod after months of absence. But yea, I notice arsenic is kinda weird to use. Using wasd to move around while holding middle mouse click. I'll have to get used to it and figure out how the hell it works. But I DID figure out that if you want to load up a scenario and edit it like sapien you can't just load the .map, you have to navigate the tags to the actual .scenario tag that it decompressed.

Blumoon94
March 19th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Yea, I knew that you loaded up the scenarios that way. You can also covert BSPs from other maps to use with Halo Xbox. For example, I found a map of Coagulation from halo 2 that was a remake someone made for CE. All you have to do is extract the tags and open the scenario in Guerilla and gut everything out so that you have only the map-specific settings left, then save and use Arsenic to open up that scenario (because it can open Halo CE scenarios) and then you can explore the CE map like you would the xbox maps, then add your spawn points, weapons you've converted through Arsenic, vehicles, etc. Basically add everything back, then save the map and whatnot, then there you have it! This may be common sense, I dunno, this is just the way I did it and it worked well for me. Sometimes it's a bit tricky to get the tags to convert though, basically what I did was create a blank .map file just for storing the tags I wanted, first make sure you got a good set of tags going from extracting all the tags from the xbox maps first, then what I did (this was for the gauss warthog from halo 2 :D) was put the tags of the vehicles and weapons I wanted converted in that map... open up that map in Arsenic so it converted those tags and did its thing, then open the scenario of the map you want your vehicle in, then add it to the map! And if all went well you should have a shiny new gauss hog. xD That and in my case c4, and ghosts in a can. lol. Which believe it or not is very fun to play with over system link.

Moses
March 19th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I'll be sure to keep all that in mind when I'm figuring arsenic out. Oh and btw, you might want to upload arsenic onto halomaps.org. afaik that place isn't going anywhere and it is the first place most people go when getting HCE tools. I'm pretty sure putting it there will get it distributed pretty quickly. Just make sure to credit hizlo and CLuis as the creators.

Blumoon94
March 19th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Okay, I took your advice and uploaded it there, might take a while for it to show up I guess.

Blumoon94
March 20th, 2013, 03:49 PM
By the way, please make sure you contact me if you find anything new with Arsenic! It would be a big help because I may try to bring my old project back to life, seeing as I have way more time on my hands now, and know a bit more. (The more I find out about Arsenic, I may try to put together a sort of user manual or instruction guide for specific tasks, since it isn't really well documented.) Plus if anyone out there knows a bit about HUDs that can help me, that'd be great too! Thanks! :D

JackRabbit72380
March 29th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Hi I was beta testing this program for alog time before it was relesed back in 2004 when alot of other talented members where making thare halo ce to xbox halo 1 conversion mappacks. and i was working o na project. i did sucsessfuy get 3 custom bsp's of mine in game. but could never figure out how and why lightmaps always got corupted apon conversion was this ever figured out? if so id live to know, as i actuly had a hge project i nthe works of totaly new version of halo 1 multiplayer. witch is actuly working but i just need the info on how to remake the lightmaps or convert them corectly? can anyone help?

Blumoon94
April 3rd, 2013, 08:35 PM
I think that may have been fixed in this version, actually. I remember I used to have that problem a lot when I tried to convert a map on earlier versions, but I haven't had that problem in a long time since using Arsenic 2.0.0.9.

nintendo9713
April 4th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Hi everyone, I was a beta tester for Arsenic (IIRC, my name is even in the credits for nagging CLuis about features) but none the less I used this program a LOT way back when. I still stay in touch with HIZLO & CLuis over social media but as you can imagine, both of them have moved on to bigger and better things. I've converted easily over 150 maps, and I say this because I made a "Halo MPX" custom for my LAN parties that were 10 Halo 1 Games, menus redone, everything with clear cache functions in .xml files, and all that other boring stuff. Long story short, I've converted, i've retextured, and I have suggestions for you. Right before the end, I was trying to get CLuis to create a custom database with all confirmed Xbox tags, I have quite a large one on an old computer. What does this do? Say I convert the X-wing vehicle, I upload the folder with all files, you drag and drop into Arsenic directory, and BOOM, under vehicles, drag that xwing.vehicle on screen (and change the globals file of course). I actually have a fond memory of spawning 50+ of these because they explode like a nuke after damage and freezing my xbox. If you convert a tag, such as I have the Bulldog and many many other vehicles, even bipeds (thanks to Kibito87 IIRC), then SAVE it , back it up, start makign a directory, its easy to send tags. Formal properly made vehicles will have all files in teh vehicle folder, however, some might need a new effect, those are more difficult to convert. Regardless, NOT EVERYTHING WORKS. Your worst enemy is a custom sky. If you convert a map that freezes upon load, change the sky with the BloodGulch sky, start eliminating possiblities, always start with no custom weapons, and no custom vehicles. I've made over 15 maps myself using 3DSmax and never had ANY problem unless custom weapon, vehicle, biped, etc was present. They get tough. I don't have much experience fixing them, the most I do is if it's a custom effect, I ponit it towards a halo standard one and move about my day. Blumoon and I are in contact between social media, my steam account is nintendo9713, so if you think I can help, feel free to add me, if you have a request for files, just ask, I feel like I'm sitting on just about everything related to H1, possibly H2. The only thing I will not upload is the 9GB Halo Mappack I made myself. Maybe one day, but that was painful menu editing, xml config'ing, and other stuff I don't feel like fixing at this point in my life.

tl;dr experienced user, happy to help where I can.

dominater01
April 4th, 2013, 07:56 PM
ive converted some maps over but im having a problem some maps if not almost all but 3 give an error saying tag not found what does that mean and how do i fix that?

i have halo ce installed and moved my halo 1 xbox maps over what else do i need and how do i set it up help would be much appreciated

btw love this program despite the errors but hopefully someone can help me set it up at least

nintendo9713
April 4th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Hi dominater01,

For setting up the process, this will take some memory priming for me. You set up a folder of your Halo Xbox maps, and you import tags. There were a LOT of bugs throughout the various versions of Arsenic, I have a 709,081 KB .zip of "perfect tags" that took a few versions to get, but yours may vary. Regardless, you have to break those HCE default maps into tags. THEN you can start importing custom HCE maps. Forwarning, things get MESSY quick if you import maps with a ton of random tags. I actually have 6 different arsenic setups, the most notable one being a "Testing" where I have constant reverts to make sure the map isn't loaded with random obscure tags.

Another quick question (the hardest part), you need the CACHE of the halo xbox maps, I can't go into that detail right now, but thats 13 maps at 48KB and the campaign maps even larger, and you need all the tags. Looking back at my stuff, I have a LOT of extra stuff :| so its hard to comprehend where I was 6 or 7 years ago. The maps have to be uncompressed though. CLuis's HHTv.5 could decompress maps which I believe he stated 'should' work, but we both used cache of the maps.

dominater01
April 5th, 2013, 12:29 PM
well i have every tag except the cache maps idk how to get them tho but hopefully i dont need them to do conversions of some maps

edit: i think i need those cache maps cuz im still missing some tags is those cache maps those under z drive cache001.map 002 etc?

what i got

xbox halo ce

campaign maps
multiplayer maps

halo ce pc

multiplayer maps

these are the errors i keep seeing when trying to convert

rocketlauncher/reload.sound
flamethrower/burnout.sound
flamethrower/impact.sound
flamthrower/empty.sound
melee/fuelrod_impact.sound
weapon_anims/plasma_cannon_overheat.sound
weapon_anims/fuelrod_melee.sound
plasma_canon/plasma_cannon_explosions.sound
plasma_canon/overheat.sound

if you or anybody could upload those tags for me that would be awesome

nintendo9713
April 5th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Yes sir (or ma'am). Cache maps 3 4 and 5 should be the MP ones (they are like 48 MB or something, smaller than 1 & 2) and you have to open them in HMT, HHT something to see which they are, rename them accordingly, and have all 23 maps (24 with UI?) when extracting tags.

Edit: as of note (THIS IS MY UNDERSTANDING), you pull all those Xbox tags from the maps. That way, when you import a custom map, if theres a tag with the same name, it's already there. What does that mean? I believe you could import a map without any tags and it will try to convert ALL those tags which will be very prone to error. It doesn't want to reinvent the wheel, hence the database idea.

dominater01
April 5th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Yes sir (or ma'am). Cache maps 3 4 and 5 should be the MP ones (they are like 48 MB or something, smaller than 1 & 2) and you have to open them in HMT, HHT something to see which they are, rename them accordingly, and have all 23 maps (24 with UI?) when extracting tags.

Edit: as of note (THIS IS MY UNDERSTANDING), you pull all those Xbox tags from the maps. That way, when you import a custom map, if theres a tag with the same name, it's already there. What does that mean? I believe you could import a map without any tags and it will try to convert ALL those tags which will be very prone to error. It doesn't want to reinvent the wheel, hence the database idea.

all i need now is the campaign cache maps i just got the multiplayer ones :woop:

btw im a guy lol

edit: got all cache maps so hopefully now i got all tags geeez that took forever

nintendo9713
April 5th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Yeah it can be an entire afternoon endeavor to say the least, but if you have them all, that's great!

Found my cache folder. 13 maps at 48,128 KB, 10 maps at 284,672 KB, and the ui.map at 35,840 KB. Total 2.8 GB.

In my backups folder where I have HPC, HCE(X), HCustom, H2v, H2X map backups, cached, uncached, all that great stuff, I found my xbox tags folder. If I'm not mistaken, this is vanilla ripped from some version of arsenic. 9,010 files, CLuis and I could NEVER match up the same exact # which we foudn odd, but worked for both of us.

Oh man this taking me back, 115 MB .xbe patch (incase you convert a map larger than 115MB, you need this file to load).

dominater01
April 5th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Yeah it can be an entire afternoon endeavor to say the least, but if you have them all, that's great!

Found my cache folder. 13 maps at 48,128 KB, 10 maps at 284,672 KB, and the ui.map at 35,840 KB. Total 2.8 GB.

In my backups folder where I have HPC, HCE(X), HCustom, H2v, H2X map backups, cached, uncached, all that great stuff, I found my xbox tags folder. If I'm not mistaken, this is vanilla ripped from some version of arsenic. 9,010 files, CLuis and I could NEVER match up the same exact # which we foudn odd, but worked for both of us.

Oh man this taking me back, 115 MB .xbe patch (incase you convert a map larger than 115MB, you need this file to load).

do i need the halo 2 maps as well? also does this convert halo 2 custom maps to halo 2 xbox or just HCE to HCEx or how about convert a halo 2 map to halo 1 or vice versa?

my arsenic is 8gb in size :)

nintendo9713
April 5th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Nothing with H2 dude, all H1. I just did modding for all of it and kept backups.

Well, do you have it setup? If so, what have you done so far? If not, where are you stuck?

dominater01
April 5th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Nothing with H2 dude, all H1. I just did modding for all of it and kept backups.

Well, do you have it setup? If so, what have you done so far? If not, where are you stuck?

edit: same tags missing as listed b4 :(

hcex campaign,multiplayer,cache maps halo custom edition pc multiplayer maps and i got all those tags

i did notice with the program i cant go into a 3d view and edit maps like i seen on youtube all i see is blue screen is there a reason for that? do i need another program for that bluescreen to work?

nintendo9713
April 5th, 2013, 08:41 PM
IIRC, you just double click a .scenario, so go to levels/test/bloodgulch/bloodgulch.scenario. If double click doesn't work, try to drag it into the blue box, it's something really simple.

dominater01
April 5th, 2013, 08:53 PM
IIRC, you just double click a .scenario, so go to levels/test/bloodgulch/bloodgulch.scenario. If double click doesn't work, try to drag it into the blue box, it's something really simple.

i keep getting tag errors on maps that are special like a modded golden eye 007 map or a modded halo 2 map for halo 1 they always look for sfx i dont have i give up on those

nintendo9713
April 5th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Yes, heavily modified maps are nightmares, this is not a perfect program in any way. I have converted many things but never had any luck with those types of maps, and some seemingly simple maps like No Remorse I just couldn't get to work :\ Importing those maps are going to severely mess up your tag folder so I hope you made a backup, if not just prepare to re-import if things go wrong. I can't really give advice on those maps where EVERYTHING is custom. Start with a basic map to get the hang of it. For example try Desolate Keep (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3610). I know this works, for I have converted it. (very fun CTF 8v8 on Xbox)

dominater01
April 5th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Yes, heavily modified maps are nightmares, this is not a perfect program in any way. I have converted many things but never had any luck with those types of maps, and some seemingly simple maps like No Remorse I just couldn't get to work :\ Importing those maps are going to severely mess up your tag folder so I hope you made a backup, if not just prepare to re-import if things go wrong. I can't really give advice on those maps where EVERYTHING is custom. Start with a basic map to get the hang of it. For example try Desolate Keep (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3610). I know this works, for I have converted it. (very fun CTF 8v8 on Xbox)
dont worry i have tag backups thats why its so big i even got backup of everymap i used so just incase i accidently delete my tags i got backups

that map looks cool gonna convert it now and see it in action

edit: any other recommended maps cuz im picky when it comes to finding maps

nintendo9713
April 6th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Let's see, I just found my list, check 3187

I have that .txt file of maps I've converted. I forgot about in HMP11, Naval (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3385), my favorite. Working boats, jets, all that great stuff :D

Edit:: I just stumbled across it so I can't vouch with certainty how I did all of it, but I have a 20+ mappack Halo 1 disk on all my modded Xbox(s) with every released Halo 1 Mappack + apparently 11 homemade ones.....

dominater01
April 6th, 2013, 12:23 AM

I have that .txt file of maps I've converted. I forgot about in HMP11, Naval (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3385), my favorite. Working boats, jets, all that great stuff :D

Edit:: I just stumbled across it so I can't vouch with certainty how I did all of it, but I have a 20+ mappack Halo 1 disk on all my modded Xbox(s) with every released Halo 1 Mappack + apparently 11 homemade ones.....

im thinking of making a forum with halo 1 converted maps with pictures what i was gonna do is upload a .map 1 by 1 and put the name of the map like you have in the txt file right next to it so anyone can take any map and make there own mappack if they want i think that would be awsome plus it would give more reason to try and convert more maps for people that dont want to go through the trouble of getting all the tags just to convert there favorite map

nintendo9713
April 6th, 2013, 12:31 AM
I'm unsure what the legality is of uploading maps. IIRC, we used to upload .maps of custom/converted maps, but can't legally upload a .xbe or modified .map (such as ui) you must use a .ppf. If there are no legality issues, I'll be happy to assist, I'm sitting on a goldmine of converted Xbox tags that can prevent reinventing the wheel a lot and spare you all the trouble I endured many years ago.

dominater01
April 6th, 2013, 12:39 AM
I'm unsure what the legality is of uploading maps. IIRC, we used to upload .maps of custom/converted maps, but can't legally upload a .xbe or modified .map (such as ui) you must use a .ppf. If there are no legality issues, I'll be happy to assist, I'm sitting on a goldmine of converted Xbox tags that can prevent reinventing the wheel a lot and spare you all the trouble I endured many years ago.
well things changed microsoft doesnt do anything with original xbox stuff anymore even if it is halo all you would have to do is upload the map to anonfiles.com and post link and name and thats it goto dominater01.myfreeforum.org and make an account and start posting the more maps the better

nintendo9713
April 6th, 2013, 12:47 AM
I'll look into it later on, I have a lot of stuff going on and this is heavily unorganized. I have at the bottom of my list (for the past few years) to get a "final working release" that can be distributed and actually utilize my cloud storage to save all my files. I"ll try to bump it up a few notches but it might be the end of May. I'm always available via forums but for quickest response add me on steam (http://steamcomunnity.com/id/nintendo9713), I'm online a good bit. Always glad to help where I can.

dominater01
April 6th, 2013, 12:55 AM
I'll look into it later on, I have a lot of stuff going on and this is heavily unorganized. I have at the bottom of my list (for the past few years) to get a "final working release" that can be distributed and actually utilize my cloud storage to save all my files. I"ll try to bump it up a few notches but it might be the end of May. I'm always available via forums but for quickest response add me on steam (http://steamcomunnity.com/id/nintendo9713), I'm online a good bit. Always glad to help where I can.
ok i will just upload what i got until i get help

Blumoon94
April 7th, 2013, 09:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHe7_zFNZD8

Just a random video of what I worked on 2 weeks ago. (Took a lot of effort to get that vehicle in game)

Halo1Forum
April 9th, 2013, 12:37 PM

That's awesome, nice list man. I'd probably be willing to pay at least $10 for you to upload those (all of the maps that aren't in a major map pack, and any other gems you might have). I know it's not much but I'm a little tight on money right now. Let me know if this is something you would like to do. I understand it's not of the utmost importance but I just hate to see Halo 1 maps not being put to use... Anyway, keep up the good work! Nice to still see you around after all these years.

nintendo9713
April 9th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Will not be accepting any money, period. I'd like to think I can spiffy everything up next month, and if there is no legality issues, I'll host everything possible on my google cloud drive, or amazon, or HP, maybe dropbox, I don't know, I have many cloud subscriptions, and look into distributing the .xbe's in patch forms (I have a .xbe per mappack, with versions changed so no cache errors), and all that. But don't worry, I put it to heavy use during high school. I'm in touch with BluBlaze regularly now trying to help him set everything up for it.

Halo1Forum
April 13th, 2013, 04:47 AM
@Nintendo - Thanks man, take your time.

@Blumoon - I can't thank you enough. I've been trying to get Arsenic to work for months but right when I tried your version, it worked like a charm. Sweet looking mod too. Let me know if you need any help with anything, though I don't know how to do much with importing vehicles and the like.
But thanks to you, just over the past few days I've converted some CE maps and made a couple map packs. Here they are if you wanna check them out.

Zelda Pack: http://dominater01.myfreeforum.org/about220.html
M (http://dominater01.myfreeforum.org/about220.html)ap Conversions v1: http://dominater01.myfreeforum.org/about222.html

T (http://dominater01.myfreeforum.org/about222.html)he Zelda Pack is kindof a beta right now. I finally got a version of Hyrule Field to convert, so I need to add that.

Also, I hate to be a bother but I have a question. Do you know how to get Fuel Rod Guns to work in multiplayer? Most of the maps I converted have a FRG in them, and I see it on the ground, but it doesn't give me an option to pick it up. I've tried numerous things like changing some stuff in the multiplayer.globals tag, but I can't get it to work. This would also help me complete the Zelda Pack, as most of the maps have Bows in them, and i see them on the ground but can't pick them up. I just don't know what to do. I managed to get Ebona (the Horse) to work in the maps by going into the warthog tag, and swapping it with the Ebona vehicle....but that doesn't work with the FRG/bow.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks again Blumoon94 for Arsenic...You're awesome!!:woop:

EDIT: I got the Bows working somehow (deleted all my CE and Xbox tags in Arsenic folder, and re-imported them, then re-converted the map). But still no luck with the FRG's. (BTW, Yes, I have the FRG/plasma cannon tags in the CE Tags folder)