PDA

View Full Version : tick tick tick tick click tick click click clunk tick tick click

Cortexian
April 16th, 2013, 01:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lrmHwJnaVU

I got a thing.

Ki11a_FTW
April 16th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Funny, i just bought this exact keyboard. Loving it to the fullest.. however I haven't installed the software it offers yet.

ThePlague
April 16th, 2013, 03:36 AM
I've had a thing, got it for $27 dollars shipped awhile back when newegg derped.
XTFOEeSU-kk

Btcc22
April 16th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Overpriced, ugly and prone to breakage. :ohdear:

Typical Razer product then.

Patrickssj6
April 16th, 2013, 05:15 AM
mine is a no-name 20 euros and guess what, when I press a key, the corresponding key is sent to the computer and then processed. can only recommend again.

Btcc22
April 16th, 2013, 05:46 AM
mine is a no-name 20 euros and guess what, when I press a key, the corresponding key is sent to the computer and then processed. can only recommend again.

You're about to receive a schooling in the ways of Cherry MX Blues.

Bodzilla
April 16th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Razor gear Lol.

Get a Das if you want a proper keyboard.

Pooky
April 16th, 2013, 07:19 AM
I got a thing.

I had one of those. It sucked. I sold it and got a steelseries keyboard instead. I've been way happier with it.

http://steelseries.com/us/products/keyboards/steelseries-6gv2

seriously, the 6gv2 sucks for typing but it owns for gaming. makes shit where you have to rapidly spam keys a lot (jk2) ten times easier.

Cortexian
April 16th, 2013, 08:36 AM
I tried the entire line of Steelseries, Thermaltake, etc at my new workplace and I didn't like any of them as much as the Blackwidow. I also got this for significantly less than retail at my workplace.

Plague, that doesn't seem to be backlit? Makes sense it was only $30 since no backlighting makes a keyboard much easier to manufacture.

Btcc, normally I'd agree that it's overpriced. However like I said, staff discount. I think it's absolutely gorgeous, looks a hell of a lot better than any of the other backlit mechanical keyboards. And prone to breakage? Haven't seen anyone running into issues with the Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 breaking at all. The Synapse software is known to bork things, but uninstalling or reinstalling fixes those problems easily. It's not like you need them to run the keyboard.

Pooky
April 16th, 2013, 03:08 PM
on the blackwidow ultimate i sold to a friend, the backlight stopped working under one of the keys for no reason at all. But yeah, if I could add anything to the 6gv2 it would be backlighting.

Limited
April 16th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Damn you type slow.

Guy at work is crazy loud with his standard keyboard, I cant even imagine how loud it would be with one of these mechanical keyboards.

Cortexian
April 16th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Considering it's a new keyboard I think I'm typing fairly quickly.Just took an online typing test and I was typing about 34 WPM without any mistakes. I think I normally type something like 50 WPM, but yeah... New keyboard takes some getting used to!

Patrickssj6
April 16th, 2013, 09:12 PM
I did a WPM test for fun and I did 76 on my first try...in English? Hmm maybe you should check again ^^

ยง: 92 WPM in VW-language

Limited
April 17th, 2013, 01:25 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42037955/typing.PNG

Don't mean to turn this into a competition but just thought I'd post. This is going from logging in computer at home and doing it so hands arent as warmed up. Kinda surprised how fast my typing is considering 90% of the time I'm not typing actual words as I spent most of the time typing symbols.

And yeah I can see the a new keyboard, especially as I assume your old wasnt mechanical? takes a while to get used to.

DarkHalo003
April 17th, 2013, 03:43 PM
One thing I regret when ordering my laptop was not having a light-up keyboard. I love my laptop, but is it annoying when I have to turn on a bright light to see my keyboard. Lazy? Yeah, but when you have a super bright lamp on your desk, you'll understand you'd rather be able to see your keyboard without that glare.

Pooky
April 17th, 2013, 06:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wL35VYg.png

Huh, I did better than I thought I would. Like I said, the Cherry MX Blacks aren't the best switches to type on. I was way faster on my old keyboard.

Cortexian
April 17th, 2013, 11:33 PM
if 50 WPM is slow then yeah I type slow. I never learned to type "properly". I do my own thing, and it's become so much of a habit that I don't want to bother changing. It's not like I need to be able to type any faster than I do. My dyslexia prevents me from typing any faster anyway, or I just end up scrambling words.

Edit: Found that typing test and took it three times in a row, randomly selecting different "stories".

http://i.imgur.com/D1SE0tY.jpg http://i.imgur.com/DhqQwO7.jpg http://i.imgur.com/GFkmBHE.jpg

So yeah I was pretty accurate with my 50 WPM guestimate.

n00b1n8R
April 18th, 2013, 01:43 AM
why would anybody buy raser any more their build quality is horrible?
why would you buy a "gaming peripheral" with blue switches ???????

Warsaw
April 18th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Next keyboard I get is going to be the SteelSeries Apex [RAW] (to match my mouse). Mechanical switches be damned, I have never had any issue whatsoever with my rubber domes.

Pooky
April 18th, 2013, 06:07 AM
mechanical switches are great but it's really not a necessity for most people. like i said, i was actually a lot faster at typing on my old logitech g15 with rubber domes. years of playing halo can really improve your typing speed. i used to jump, type out a complete sentence with full punctuation and all, and be done by the time i landed.

p.s. and i never learned to type properly either, i use my own method.

Cortexian
April 18th, 2013, 09:43 PM
why would anybody buy raser any more their build quality is horrible?
why would you buy a "gaming peripheral" with blue switches ???????
Their refreshed peripherals are superb, they went downhill a bit a few years ago but they're back to having quality products. Literally none of the other keyboards we stock come anywhere close to this level of build quality. I haven't seen a DAS keyboard in person but they're also crazy expensive for what you get, so that's probably why.

They just suffer from the same problems as all other companies seem to be suffering from right now, software retardedness. Everyone has this great idea that connecting everything to the Cloud is super awesome and cool. I want my keyboard and mouse to work 100% of the time though, not just when I'm connected to the Interbutts. Stop it idiots.

Amit
April 19th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Logitech does it right with their software, but they are way off on the keyboards.

Pooky
April 19th, 2013, 05:54 PM
I can't speak for their current lineup, but I had the 1st gen G15 and it was literally the bomb.

Cortexian
April 20th, 2013, 12:30 AM
To many fluff features for my liking.

Timo
April 20th, 2013, 12:56 AM
+1 for das

Cortexian
April 20th, 2013, 07:53 PM
But no backlighting, so not an option I would consider. With the innovations with keyboard backlighting, if a keyboard doesn't at least have 1 color backlighting it's not worth my time. Honestly, they should all have RGB backlighting at this point, so you can set whatever color you want.

Timo
April 20th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Just learn how to touch type. Backlit keyboards look gimmicky as balls.

Bodzilla
April 20th, 2013, 10:46 PM
i said that too timo, untill i had one.

Just because i can touch type really well doesn't mean that backlit keyboards arn't amazing. Once you've had one ya cant go back mate.

Cortexian
April 21st, 2013, 01:38 AM
Just learn how to touch type.
bFEoMO0pc7k&autoplay=1

Limited
April 21st, 2013, 11:05 AM
What are the abilities for cleaning it?

To play devils advocate, touch typing its good yes, but doesnt help for symbols / numbers.

Pooky
April 21st, 2013, 12:25 PM
What are the abilities for cleaning it?

same as any other keyboard, pop the keys out and clean inside it.

NullZero
April 21st, 2013, 03:51 PM
I had one of those. It sucked. I sold it and got a steelseries keyboard instead. I've been way happier with it.

http://steelseries.com/us/products/keyboards/steelseries-6gv2

seriously, the 6gv2 sucks for typing but it owns for gaming. makes shit where you have to rapidly spam keys a lot (jk2) ten times easier.

I have this too. Excellent keyboard, could definitely smash this thing and it wouldn't even flinch.

Tnnaas
April 21st, 2013, 05:46 PM
I've never taken interest in keyboards until this thread. I've got the basic HP KU-0316 keyboard (works as well as any other mechanical keyboard I've used) and equivalent mouse. I would consider getting an actual gaming keyboard. The lack of customizable macro keys on mine is expected, but disappointing.

Warsaw
April 23rd, 2013, 03:05 PM
The HP KU-0316 is not a mechanical keyboard, it's a rubber-dome-switch keyboard.

Tnnaas
April 23rd, 2013, 07:38 PM
*forcefully removes keys*

So it would seem. :derp: