PDA

View Full Version : 5k Man fight about to happen in EVE

Zeph
July 28th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Station exits reinforce in 6VDT-H in 30 minutes from now.

Goons have about 2500-2700 people ready to hit the station.

TEST have about the same, maybe less ready to defend.

http://www.twitch.tv/mad_ani

This guy is streaming in a reporter-esque manner.

Jelly
July 28th, 2013, 02:31 PM
DONT CARE

InnerGoat
July 28th, 2013, 02:31 PM
#modacity irc.gamesurge.net

Disaster
July 28th, 2013, 08:49 PM
CFC wins, TEST abandons Fountain.

Was fun. Somehow my megathron lived despite me accidently burning right into the TEST prophecy blob. :realsmug:

E: Awesome picture I found of the fight

http://i.imgur.com/fqENlqO.jpg

Kornman00
July 28th, 2013, 09:40 PM
So, shit is on the...eve of destruction :caruso:?

Yeah, don't care

InnerGoat
July 29th, 2013, 12:05 AM
many internet space ships were lost this day

CN3089
July 29th, 2013, 01:10 AM
megathron status: still in b-d :effort:

also in: sig

Zeph
July 29th, 2013, 05:50 AM
http://themittani.com/features/6vdt-cfc-battle-report?page=0%2C0

Perfect writeup explaining what happened objectively.
Couldn't really get away with saying this until the battle was over without it seeming like smack, but TEST really had no chance of success in any measure.

The day before, all of their remaining POS (player owned structure that has a shield protecting anyone inside) was put into reinforce. They were subsequently killed off (I was in the snipe fleet that killed off the last one about six hours before the battle started) and stronted for a day and a half. That means that TEST and allies had ZERO locations they could safely stage from and wouldn't for a minimum of a day.

Our fleet doctrine was specifically designed to be the most effective thing possible capable of killing things in size from cruiser to supercapital. Our battleships had fuckoff amounts of HP and guaranteed damage compared to their signature radius tanking and hope-it-doesn't-get-bombed damage source.
TEST never had any intention of fielding capitals. We had people wanting to start up a second fleet just for this. 256 man capital fleet filled up in less than five minutes and it was a fight to get in when any disconnects happened over the next hour. As TEST began bridging in, our caps just waited. Over the course of the three and a half hours we waited for them to light a cyno and escalate.

We were orbiting the station and it was roughly 80km from one side of the blob to the next. If they wanted to engage at range from one side of the blob, they could focus their complete damage potential while half of our fleet would be stuck dealing less damage due to using lower range ammo. Their doctrine hurt them here because two of their fleets had stupidly low range while two others were vulnerable to bombs if they wanted to stay put and deal damage. If they engaged us in a Rokh/Apocalypse fleet, they could have engaged one side of our fleet at 100km leaving the other side beyond lock range.

Eventually we just said fuck it and TheAdj jumped our capitals in pissing off some of our battleship fleet commanders who wanted a longer fight. With time dilation in account, our dreads blapped somewhere around three or four hundred ships in the equivalent of 7.5ish minutes of standard game time. Granted with 10%> tidi this was spread out over nearly an hour and a half, but that just puts it in comparison when you think about what the battleship fleets managed to do in more than twice the time. Hell, my phoenix that can't blap managed to alpha some battlecruisers down. I eventually gave up trying to lock things since they were dying before I could finish lock and just shot station.

The only hope they had never showed up. If all their allies, and they themselves, jumped in with all their capital and supercapital forces they might have saved the system. They needed a big enough fuckoff force on the field for us to have no chance of breaking since they had no safe place in system to hide in.

Patrickssj6
July 29th, 2013, 07:39 AM
this is more serious than i thought

Zeph
July 29th, 2013, 08:52 AM
internet spaceships are, indeed, serious business.

Rosco
July 29th, 2013, 01:01 PM
many internet space ships were lost this day