PDA

View Full Version : With all the talk of Gamespy, anyone up for playing some custom maps?

Morkon2112
April 8th, 2014, 10:14 AM
After seeing the news about gamespy, I decided to re-install halo, and start playing again. Obviously, there are very few custom map rotations being played. I was wondering if anyone wanted to play on a server with a really good custom map rotation. Trying to get an idea on interest for now before I set anything up. Let me know if you're willing to play, and what maps you'd like to see!

Map ideas:

No Remorse
New Mombasa Classic
Wartorn Cove 3
Grove
Immure
Portent
Tensity
Zanzibar
Quagmire
Needlocity

Reaper Man
April 8th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Yesss, it's been so long. I'm trying to think of maps beyond the obvious choices of Yoyorast and Deltaruins. I'm sure others have better suggestions.

E: Quagmire, anyone? Pen island too lol

Dwood
April 8th, 2014, 11:41 AM
I'm down. Oh, and check the map list from the last game night we had.

Morkon2112
April 8th, 2014, 01:31 PM
added some maps to the OP for reference. Do people still use xfire, or would steam/hangouts/skype be a better way of communicating?

Reaper Man
April 8th, 2014, 01:45 PM
I've been away for too long. Which Zanzibar map are you talking about? Also, Precipice? Vestige, or any of Arteen's stuff? Olympus Mons?

STLRamsFan
April 8th, 2014, 09:05 PM
I'm down. I say we set up one final "Reunion" before this thing gets shut down. Man, I can't believe it's finally going to be shutdown, after all these years.... :(

Edit: Setting up a thread on GBX to see if anyone would be interested in doing one final Reunion gameday. I say we do it within the next few weeks or so, just to give everyone enough heads up.

STLRamsFan
April 8th, 2014, 09:22 PM
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=367044 Here's the thread.

Morkon2112
April 9th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Thanks Rams, hopefully we can get enough support to get something going.

Higuy
April 9th, 2014, 10:30 AM
I'd like to play.

Amit
April 9th, 2014, 03:06 PM
I have a 75-Slot TS server sitting unused if we need some solid comms. It's hosted on the East Coast (New Jersey). That could serve the mid and east areas of NA and the Western nations of Europe.

Tnnaas
April 9th, 2014, 05:37 PM
I might join if I'm not too busy.

EX12693
April 9th, 2014, 08:52 PM
I'll join as well.

n00b1n8R
April 13th, 2014, 07:17 PM
As long as the server is running no-lead, I'll play for sure. That mod is like cocaine to me.

Reaper Man
April 13th, 2014, 07:32 PM
As long as the server is running no-lead, I'll play for sure. That mod is like cocaine to me.
Nah, I want to lead like crazy, so I can pretend I'm still playing from Hong Kong /s

Tnnaas
April 13th, 2014, 08:29 PM
I hear lead is pretty bad. No-lead servers are healthier, right? No lead poisoning. :downsrim:

stunt_man
April 14th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Who's server will be used for this event? I've got a 10-slot one for small/medium gametypes and maps, if needed (with SAPP/no lead).

Also,

-Fissurefall (FFA snipers, CTF)
-Ivory Tower classic (KOTH, Team Slayer)

I hope someone figures out a way to keep this game running :(

AAA
April 14th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Count me in. Definitely should see if we can get a 16 slot server.

Also, when the map list is decided, we should get a zip/rar of the map files.

I like that pen island suggestion. We need at least SOME of the oldy maps, no matter how shitty, for nostalgia's sake :P

:ohdear: Can't believe it's almost gone...

n00b1n8R
April 15th, 2014, 08:38 PM
no remorse
hat castle 2 castle
wartorn cov3
(snowtorn cov3)
Immure (2?)

Reaper Man
April 17th, 2014, 04:35 PM
no remorse
hat castle 2 castle
wartorn cov3
(snowtorn cov3)
Immure (2?)
Omfg yes, I forgot about the flame hogs.